Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
There’s also a replacement out there for HHS or the VA who I am scared to name because I don’t want ANY press or attention going to them. They would be so incredibly bad and you’d basically see a Toys R Us level collapse of HHS or VA. They are “qualified” too so they would get through Senate approval.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lote posted:

There’s also a replacement out there for HHS or the VA who I am scared to name because I don’t want ANY press or attention going to them. They would be so incredibly bad and you’d basically see a Toys R Us level collapse of HHS or VA. They are “qualified” too so they would get through Senate approval.

Trust me nobody is reading your posts

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lote posted:

There's another department he's being considered for too. It's HHS, the VA and.... let's see. I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Google Butt posted:

Trust me nobody is reading your posts

That’s what I figured but they scare me like the fricken Candyman

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Follow up on that bridge story

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/974803322497626114

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/974803530816081921

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Lote posted:

That’s what I figured but they scare me like the fricken Candyman

If you're trying to discourage our curiosity, you're not doing a very good job

bogoodski
Feb 17, 2018

The Glumslinger posted:

Is he still claiming to be a US spy?

That's how Chris Hayes presented him.

As an aside, I'm super impressed by the speed of Hayes' wit. Pretty quick as a cross examiner.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

And they still went through the stress test?!

Crow Jane posted:

If you're trying to discourage our curiosity, you're not doing a very good job

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/03/university_medical_center_clos.html

This is the “free” hospital in New Orleans.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/974800858109136896?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

In other Stormy news:
Daniel's lawyer alleges that some of the incidents happened while Trump was president. He didn't specify, but that right there is a juicy wrinkle .

sorry what

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Why the gently caress would you leave just a voicemail? That's the stuff you go to any length to get that knowledge out. Throw rocks at Lord Voldomort's house if you have to for fucks sake.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

mdemone posted:

sorry what

i assume the threats happened during his presidency, but came from his laywers.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

mdemone posted:

sorry what

Yeah that's not a loving wrinkle :staredog:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah that's not a loving wrinkle :staredog:

He means the intimidation, not that she was loving him until recently.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KKKLIP ART posted:

This acknowledges that Trump is Dennison, so I dunno what they are going to do as far as refuting any claims about the NDA.

In other Stormy news:
Daniel's lawyer alleges that some of the incidents happened while Trump was president. He didn't specify, but that right there is a juicy wrinkle .

Like, is it just me or is this not going to work for Trump's favor?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Vladimir Putin posted:

Well the weird thing is that people keep saying that they fell victim to amazon. But they still account for the largest share of toy sales and there’s no other store now that’s dedicated exclusively to toys. I find it hard to believe that they lost in some sort of fight vs a competitor.

They were paying out 400 mil a year just for the interest on that buyout, I imagine it was just a long slide down because while they had some money they certainly didn't have enough to keep things going without letting other stuff go to poo poo. Sort of like those Bar Rescue dives that just continue to lose money till they get help or close the doors. Doesn't help that they were probably trying to cash in as much as possible during all that slow fall so they could bolt once it did and gently caress everyone else.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Caros posted:

He means the intimidation, not that she was loving him until recently.

It's Trump, It's Probably Both.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/974809733067665413

Trump looking for someone to fire people for him.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

This is a bad take on this. All defendants have to consent for removal. It wouldn’t have taken much to find out who was representing trump in this matter.

There probably is private contact and trump is probably involved in this since him and his lawyers are the dumbest fucks ever, but the removal doesn’t prove anything

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EwokEntourage posted:

This is a bad take on this. All defendants have to consent for removal. It wouldn’t have taken much to find out who was representing trump in this matter.

There probably is private contact and trump is probably involved in this since him and his lawyers are the dumbest fucks ever, but the removal doesn’t prove anything

But it does enough to confirm a couple things:

That Stormy and Trump were somehow involved, that Cohen at least thinks the NDA is enforceable, which means something did likely happen...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spiffster posted:

Stormy->rainy->showers->golden->the piss tapes real.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Spiffster posted:

In the end, hasn't Trump been loving us all?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

farraday posted:

oh that guy who had a lot of sexual abusers under him for years and just kept going because the gravy was flowing? good pick

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/974811566439886849

No collusion

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/lizzadwoskin/status/974814916589662208
Oh hey there

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mdemone posted:

sorry what

By which he means threats, not sexytimes

still pretty wacky though

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hellblazer187 posted:

That leveraged buyout stuff is so hosed. How is this poo poo legal?

How would you go about illegalizing it? Each step makes reasonably good sense, it's the totality that's off the wall.

I'm not being rhetorical here, I'm actually quite interested in policy ideas. (paging axeil :v: )

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

:getin:

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/h/suspending-cambridge-analytica/

CA obtained the data illegally and also may not have deleted it when ordered to

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Holyfuck, I specialize in construction emergencies and that is like the opposite of the right way to handle this.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I hope regressives try to make another facebook ripoff and GBS destroys it like last time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

PhazonLink posted:

I hope regressives try to make another facebook ripoff and GBS destroys it like last time.

Wait what I must have missed this tid bit of forum activity

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Hollismason posted:

It was called FreedomBook or PatriotBook. For some reason, the most popular name was Weedlord Bonerhitler :confused: Oh and they allowed the same email to be registered to multiple accounts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hollismason posted:

GBS invaded and shat it up with varying degrees of inventiveness.

the top art piece to come out of it hands down was John Forling Bynum, aka Hegel role-playing a no poo poo fascist before it was cool

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 17, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

farraday posted:

FOX also has Russian dark money funneling through it and I guess this is gonna be the link that could get the whole company proven to be treasonous.

mystes
May 31, 2006

withak posted:

Holyfuck, I specialize in construction emergencies and that is like the opposite of the right way to handle this.
As someone who knows nothing about construction emergencies, I can't say that I would have thought that leaving a voicemail for someone who's on vacation would be the right way to deal with a major structural problem in a bridge either.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

More info:

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/974817340939358208

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Who wants to bet there were a lot more Shell apps they used to get data? I know I used to use tons of them when I was in HS and college

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lote posted:

For some reason, the most popular name was Weedlord Bonerhitler :confused:

Isn't it always?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer