Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sonic Racing is coming back

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/974760424271855617

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Holy gently caress I hope the Yakuza gang are in the new Sonic Racing.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I for one am unironically excited for the latest chapter in "Young Archaeology Student Murders Hundreds"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The twist is that she mishears the job title and spends the entire game giving arbitrary scores to various set pieces

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's too bad the Dark Souls Kart Racing spin-off Tomb Rider is coming out on the same month

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm just glad we're also getting the preeminent TressFX showcase, Comb Raider

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Housh posted:

Holy gently caress I hope the Yakuza gang are in the new Sonic Racing.

Date driving his sedan with Kiryu and Haruka in the back. Kiryu pops out the window to throw weapons.

e: Majima in a semi-trailer

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Majima won't be selectable but he'll show up randomly during races to gently caress you up

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Question, in Yakuza 0 will I always be able to do the side quests or will I need to make sure I do some in between main quests?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Over There posted:

Question, in Yakuza 0 will I always be able to do the side quests or will I need to make sure I do some in between main quests?

you can always do them. I would break up main quests with them since there's so many tho. more get added in most chapters

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Also once you clear the story you get Premium Adventure mode where you can do everything, so no worries there.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

To be honest I haven't played an OG Tomb Raider game since PSX but I remember really liking the feel of exploration in those games and TR Reboot was fun but it had basically none, and in ROTR they added some but it wasn't interesting or cool at all and there was way too much BS collectable hunting. I'd like to see the series either go back to being a wholesale Uncharted ripoff or alternately implement world design closer to Metroid Prime or Dark Souls. ROTR was like a Best Of playlist of poo poo I dislike in video games.

Not that it didn't have it's high points. It had some fun platforming, it looked fantastic, and the core gameplay was fine. The horrid story, boring overlong encounter design, and lame overall structure just killed it.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is the best Tomb Raider game ever released and is worth playing even today.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bombadilillo posted:

Ironically them Drake boys find way more tombs all the time.

And Lara tomb: raider croft. Keeps getting lost in fantastical uncharted places .

:thunk:

Sounds like the two of them should hook up. But never have a kis because it'd be a Mutt.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm not. Puzzle section =/= tomb. Don't care what the map icon says

That ice ship was sweet though.

Great, now you've spoiled that there's a boat level.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Paracelsus posted:

Great, now you've spoiled that there's a boat level.

But he didn't tell you what kind of shark you have to fight off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

man nurse posted:

Everybody is clowning on yet another “see how Lara becomes the TOMB RAIDER” thing, but I’m legit looking forward to it because the other two games were fun.

The reason people clown on how they keep falling back on "SEE HOW LARA BECOMES THE TOMB RAIDER!!" for each new game is because we've already seen how much better she is after "becoming who she will be". In nine other games.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The biggest problem with Rise (outside of the dumb story and blah environments) was that they designed it as a giant collect-a-thon. Literally everywhere you looked were crafting materials or coins or scrolls or crates or animals, etc. etc. Half your time was spent picking up things instead of being immersed in the world.

The first game had some of this too but they went nuts with it in Rise and I'm really hoping they tone it down for Shadow.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

el oso posted:

The biggest problem with Rise (outside of the dumb story and blah environments) was that they designed it as a giant collect-a-thon. Literally everywhere you looked were crafting materials or coins or scrolls or crates or animals, etc. etc. Half your time was spent picking up things instead of being immersed in the world.

The first game had some of this too but they went nuts with it in Rise and I'm really hoping they tone it down for Shadow.

Yeah. They said it's MORE of everything. And I said. I liked the reboot give me more of everything! Then crafting and collecting junk was turned to 11. And there was some transparent wanna be metroidvania backtracking busywork to get some more bullshit and ugh.

So the watch her rise into her own, the world will never be the same (,) again...sigh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Posting to say I’m falling deeper and deeper in love with everything about Nier: Automata :swoon:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Automata is great. Eat that rear end up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Posting to say I’m falling deeper and deeper in love with everything about Nier: Automata :swoon:

:tutbutt: :ocelot:yeah you are

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The reason people clown on how they keep falling back on "SEE HOW LARA BECOMES THE TOMB RAIDER!!" for each new game is because we've already seen how much better she is after "becoming who she will be". In nine other games.

Ok ok what about this: as you play the game you alternate between a rookie Lara who’s figuring it out as she goes and a seasoned top-of-her-game Lara in a parallel set of stories that are deeply intertwined both in plot and thematic content.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

Ok ok what about this: as you play the game you alternate between a rookie Lara who’s figuring it out as she goes and a seasoned top-of-her-game Lara in a parallel set of stories that are deeply intertwined both in plot and thematic content.

This strangely sounds familiar. Can we get a scene with a mentor character and Lara finding her Iconic Backpack?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

The game that keeps on giving.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m literally not even out of the first part or route or whatever and if it gets even 5% better it’s going to be in my top 10 games ever easily. I will eat this rear end eternally.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Will this also be available as DLC?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

This strangely sounds familiar. Can we get a scene with a mentor character and Lara finding her Iconic Backpack?

Not sure which one. Is this the last of us? Haven’t played it.

I kinda like the idea though. Like, in the past stuff you could meet some dude who’s an ally or whatever, then the next part of the game is the future stuff and he’s trying to kill you, so in the rest of the past plot you’re waiting for the moment he betrays you and maybe it turns out that you were actually the one who accidentally hosed him over.

I dunno, it just seems like it would be a great opportunity to play with people’s expectation and also to have it both ways with an “origin” and also with her being her famous badass self.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I was making a joke, what is described was Tomb Raider Revelations

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Tomb Raider: Legend had a playable flashback with Lara as a proper archeologist. It doesn't last very long...

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 17, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Will this also be available as DLC?

Yes

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if Dynasty Warriors 9 has the same kind of frame rate problems Warriors All-Stars does, which to me is different than any other game in the series? I can't tell for sure just looking at video analyses of DW9, since no one has made the equivalent for Stars I think. I was comparing Stars to Orochi 3 just now and while Orochi 3 has the usual frame rate drags and stuff, Stars is vastly more difficult for me to enjoy, even though in some strict sense I guess it has better performance.

Also, Stars makes my Pro's fan run full blast, and what do I get for it? I can hardly track enemy movements and stuff the frame rate is so jerky.

edit: this video is the clearest thing I've seen yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDSIppzXr8

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 17, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder if Dynasty Warriors 9 has the same kind of frame rate problems Warriors All-Stars does, which to me is different than any other game in the series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwOpIiOeYYk

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
playing yakuza kiwami and holy ballsacks Shinohara is one of the ugliest men alive

he can also apparently disassemble a human skeleton like it's a badly made Lego set so i doubt he hears that often

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I was making a joke, what is described was Tomb Raider Revelations

Lol I just looked that one up and yeah I guess they already did that one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why didn't you read the sentence right after the one you quoted? I can't tell just from the red and green bars if it's exactly the same thing.

edit: also, DW9 has gotten patched a few times since they made this video, right?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 17, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m literally not even out of the first part or route or whatever and if it gets even 5% better it’s going to be in my top 10 games ever easily. I will eat this rear end eternally.

It does make a fairly large ask of the player at part 2, but the payoff is legendary.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why didn't you read the sentence right after the one you quoted? I can't tell just from the red and green bars if it's exactly the same thing.

edit: also, DW9 has gotten patched a few times since they made this video, right?

Because you didn't say what video you watched, just "a video". I'm not a loving mind-reader.

That video was made with the only patch that's done anything about performance.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What the hell. HZD runs great and looks great but everything in the Crash Bandicoot remake is made up of single-digit polygons and it runs like total rear end. :mad:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are you sure you haven't accidentally started playing the PS1 games instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea everything I've seen of the crash bandicoot remake looks fantastic. I hope the spyro and medivil remakes are at the same level