Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

The Glumslinger posted:

Who wants to bet there were a lot more Shell apps they used to get data? I know I used to use tons of them when I was in HS and college

Absolutely this. CA was always going to be one of the biggest vectors for the shady online poo poo and if we can get a Dem House in 18, they're going to be heavily pressed on IRA/Russia connections... for anything that hasn't come out from Mueller by that point.

Makes no sense for Russia to have put the effort (trips to the US?) in to their social media fuckery and not have plowed through this obvious gap in Facebook's platform.

e:
pro pup tax. Also pro follow generally;
https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/974261111515164672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
How late am I?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

CommieGIR posted:

But it does enough to confirm a couple things:

That Stormy and Trump were somehow involved, that Cohen at least thinks the NDA is enforceable, which means something did likely happen...

It does not confirm trump was involved at all. It only confirms that trump is a named defendant in the case filed by stormy. The roles of storm and Cohen are confirmed by the NDA attached to the complaint, but trump being named doesn’t mean anything. A removal has no bearing on the merits of a case

It also doesn’t really give any insight into the NDA. I would have removed this case no matter what I thought of the merits of the case, and so would most litigators, especially if you’re an out of state defendant or lawyer. Federal court is big boy court. While that might work against trump’s incompetent lawyers, it is also more likely to deter stormy’s lawyer from pulling any shenanigans.

You’re also less likely to have to go to court on motions or hearings in federal court as compared to state court (at least in Texas, dunno about Cali state court)

This post brought to you by evilweasel’s night off (he’s probably still at the office)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/974809450837151745?s=19

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/974827503595474946

CNN reporting that McCabe was fired two days from retirement.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Holy poo poo he did it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Such flagrant pieces of poo poo. I'm sure there's celebration throughout the New York office and outrage across the others.

Hopefully Ben Wittes is already prepping the FOIA.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Pure spite

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
That's a lawsuit that probably won't go away quickly

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

McCabe is going to sue the poo poo out of them now.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Session fires McCabe. Kelly fires Sessions. Trump tweet fires Kelly and we have the cliffhanger for White House Island Season 2

Caros
May 14, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Congratulations Mr.McCabe on your upcoming legal settlement with the federal government.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

enraged_camel posted:

On what grounds? (this is not a rhetorical question either)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lote posted:

It was called FreedomBook or PatriotBook. For some reason, the most popular name was Weedlord Bonerhitler :confused: Oh and they allowed the same email to be registered to multiple accounts.

There was also the Tea Party Community back in the ye olde days before Trump

Caros
May 14, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.3e64f749f258

quote:

His firing — which was recommended by the FBI office that handles discipline — stems from a Justice Department inspector general investigation that found McCabe authorized the disclosure of sensitive information to the media about a Clinton-related case, then misled investigators about his actions in the matter, people familiar with the matter have said. He stepped down earlier this year from the No. 2 job in the bureau after FBI Director Christopher A. Wray was briefed on the inspector general’s findings, though he technically was still an employee.

Supposedly he talked to reporters and then wasn't upfront with the IG. Probably bullshit.

Err, derp. Yeah, wrongful termination.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wrongful termination on the grounds of it being obviously retaliatory I’d guess.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Wasn't there talk of a Trumpist-only dating site recently? I imagine that'd be pretty ripe grounds for ol' Weedlord

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Crow Jane posted:

Wasn't there talk of a Trumpist-only dating site recently? I imagine that'd be pretty ripe grounds for ol' Weedlord

Yeah but that was stopped early when the person running it turned out to be a pedophile or something.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wrongful termination would be my guess.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
i hope mccabe deep throats trump

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Yup. The guy in the photo for the front turned out to be a pedophile so they replaced it with a stock photo from dentists' offices. Also, at least three of the women on the site had like Shutterstock logos in their profile pics, lol

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
It was called Reaganbook, and it was basically a knockoff Facebook clone where everyone shared the same wall. It died about two hours after it was discovered that you could upload gifs of unlimited size and post them, and force literally everyone else using the service to see them. The last thing that flashed on Reaganbook before it died was a gif of three transwomen pleasuring themselves on the Confederate flag.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
lol as if the FBI needed anymore reasons to want to spitefuck the Trump administration.

What was the point of even firing him? Was it purely an ego power play?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
No one should work for this criminal regime.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol as if the FBI needed anymore reasons to want to spitefuck the Trump administration.

Trump's entire life is an ego power play

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Caros posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.3e64f749f258

Supposedly he talked to reporters and then wasn't upfront with the IG. Probably bullshit.

Err, derp. Yeah, wrongful termination.

Wasn't it damaging information about Clinton too? So fired for doing something that helped Trump?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

El Burbo posted:

There was also the Tea Party Community back in the ye olde days before Trump

IIRC the son of its creators even regged here to defend his parent's honor.

Loxtax got much $10s from that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

spite. purely spite. he thinks this will make people fear/respect him. he is an idiot.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/974830783276953603

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Funny, I was talking with coworker just earlier about McCabe. He didn't believe that even Trump, despite how petty and awful he is, would ever be so petty as to fire someone like that just because he's politically savvy enough to know it would be a shitstorm.

Mind you he hates Trump as much as I do, but I don't think he grasps quite yet how petty the man is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, this isnt gonna end well for the admin. all they had to do was just let him slip away and they could pretend they had the high ground or some poo poo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

It was called Reaganbook, and it was basically a knockoff Facebook clone where everyone shared the same wall. It died about two hours after it was discovered that you could upload gifs of unlimited size and post them, and force literally everyone else using the service to see them. The last thing that flashed on Reaganbook before it died was a gif of three transwomen pleasuring themselves on the Confederate flag.

Ahahahahahaha

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Comey is just about to go on a nationwide booktour during which he has said his goal is to defend the reputation of the FBI so this is great timing!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
On one hand, it’s pretty terrible to fire people for their politics and a terrible road to go down.

On the other hand, the irony is finely aged and rich, the man that threatened to leak the Clinton email controversy, because he hated Clinton so much, thereby forcing the Comey letter is himself fired by Clinton’s opponent two days before his full pension.

:lol: the scorpion strikes again. Everyone wanna think they’re a scorpion but reality smacks them down: “Dumbass. You’re a frog”

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I'm behind the times, I guess. Why would Trump want this guy fired? Why the spite?

EDIT: Oh. Ok then.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

spite. purely spite. he thinks this will make people fear/respect him. he is an idiot.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

PhazonLink posted:

IIRC the son of its creators even regged here to defend his parent's honor.

Loxtax got much $10s from that.

The Tea Party Community saga went on for like 6 months and was an amazing triumph of goon fuckery. At one point they had quite literally banned any form of debate and or disagreement on the website, and they started Banning their actual good posters because they thought everyone was a secret down. There are also some exceedingly Deep Cover gon's who created incredibly elaborate roleplay stories where and they had a couple hundred members of the Tea Party Community believing that they were in an armed standoff with the federal government. The meltdowns post reveal we're always amazing.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The event he witnessed what in the gently caress is he talking about.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So um, could we revisit that accidentally published Fox story. Does that mean that they had a source with AG Sessions or something or am I misremembering already.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

He absolutely has grounds for wrongful termination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Man, next week’s infrastructure week is going to be amazing

• Locked thread