Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Crucible Guard update 2 out. Immunity decision in there as well.

Immunities: After discussing the feedback received in the Dev Talk, immunities no longer cause the attacker to roll one less damage die, but instead provide a flat +4 ARM bonus in addition to preventing continuous effects and other specific abilities.

XICONX Immunity: Cold – This model gains +4 ARM against cold damage rolls XICONX

XICONX Immunity: Corrosion – This model gains +4 ARM against corrosion damage rolls XICONX. Additionally, this model is immune to the Corrosion continuous effect XICONX

XICONX Immunity: Electricity – This model gains +4 ARM against electrical damage rolls XICONX. Additionally, when lightning arcs as a result of a special rule, ignore models with Immunity: Electricity when determining which model the lightning arcs to.

XICONX Immunity: Fire – This model gains +4 ARM against fire damage rolls XICONX. Additionally, this model is immune to the Fire continuous effect XICONX.

Can’t quite parse how Locke’s feat still doesn’t allow for infinite spell casting in mirror matches though. I must be missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It now says 'during its activation'.

--

Immunity change is barely different than rolling one less die and does nothing to fix the problem from last week.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I wonder if, despite the clunkiness, it would work to separate ARM amount by ARM type. Like 30mm is +6, 40mm is +4, 50mm is +2. Maybe tick it up by 2 each if that's too low.

I get what they're trying to do and I support it, just hope they can make something work.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Legion update is live! Some takeaways:

- Archangel keeps most changes, but stays at 37 points. He's good now, but still too expensive. Animus is crazy good.
- Typhon now at 20 points, 24 before. Very appreciated and something I asked for throughout the CID.
- small nerf to hellmouth to keep vayl2 from abusing it as arcnodes, tentacles now despawn when they leave cmd. Doesn't change what people hate about it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Just change immunity to resistance :v:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just don't change immunity

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Luebbi posted:

Legion update is live! Some takeaways:

- Archangel keeps most changes, but stays at 37 points. He's good now, but still too expensive. Animus is crazy good.
- Typhon now at 20 points, 24 before. Very appreciated and something I asked for throughout the CID.
- small nerf to hellmouth to keep vayl2 from abusing it as arcnodes, tentacles now despawn when they leave cmd. Doesn't change what people hate about it.

On one hand, I love the Archangel model and want to see it more often, on the other hand with the new changes I don't actually want to play against it. So please just show up to game night with it in a case so I can look at it, but not have to deal with it.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimmy Hats posted:

Just don't change immunity

Something has to change if Crucible Guard are going to be immune to a bunch of elements across most of the faction. I think the solution is to give CG a different rule than Immunity, but PP isn't interested in hearing that for some reason.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Locally people are screaming about immunity changes and no incoporeal change.

Unrelated: the 4 slayers I ordered from dgi came in so it is time to 9 slayer.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

lokipunk posted:

Locally people are screaming about immunity changes and no incoporeal change.

Youre a bad person.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Youre a bad person.

I mean, I know this. I'm a Cryx player.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I really don't relate to getting mad about immunity changes? I think possibly once Gorman di wulf didn't catch fire, thanks to me or my opponent randomly having the right immunity, and any other time it came up it was orchestrated, like e leaps or fire trolls.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I welcome the carnage the changes will bring.

Let the bodies hit the floor. :black101:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lokipunk posted:

My man!

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I'm ok with +arm or damage die reduction personally. Nothing is worse than just having no counter play, and avoiding from due to "hey this is immune to X an most of your junk does that" os at least a chance to play the game.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This is is super dumb of me to care but PP did a livestreamed game today, and Hungerford's caster was a model I painted. :unsmith:

His original gator army got ganked, so a bunch of PGs and staffers hooked him up, and I did a Maelok. :feelsgood:

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

That is Gorgeous!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Those candles are *chef kissing fingers"

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Got my first game I with gaspy3 9 slayer. Played into siege1 gravediggers with one of the best local players. Had some allocation and choice paralysis issues. Ended up parking gaspy in some rubble in the bottom corner of the zone and keeping him screened with a few slayers. I feel like I undercommitted, but I have issued overcommitting, and I knew I had a massive speed advantage. Opponent came up short on assassination run trying to gun down my screen and gaspy himself. Ended up counterassassinating after cranking a night wretch shot, calamity, hellfire, and 2 slayers into siege.

This list is good and fun.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lokipunk posted:

Got my first game I with gaspy3 9 slayer. Played into siege1 gravediggers with one of the best local players. Had some allocation and choice paralysis issues. Ended up parking gaspy in some rubble in the bottom corner of the zone and keeping him screened with a few slayers. I feel like I undercommitted, but I have issued overcommitting, and I knew I had a massive speed advantage. Opponent came up short on assassination run trying to gun down my screen and gaspy himself. Ended up counterassassinating after cranking a night wretch shot, calamity, hellfire, and 2 slayers into siege.

This list is good and fun.

gently caress yeah bud!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looks like the CoC/CG dual caster just got her feat nerfed in the 1.2 update. You only get spells and focus for casting spells in the control area now, plus the purification effect. So your battlegroup can now go in and ruin someone's day without getting jackhammered back. Pretty sure that spells the end of her being an S-tier contender who would have really made CoC something to reckon with.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
That’s not S tier, that’s just unfun.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

S Tier and unfun are synonyms.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
She was completely busted so uh now shes just good. No precision strike on ranged attacks makes me sad though

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimmy Hats posted:

She was completely busted so uh now shes just good. No precision strike on ranged attacks makes me sad though

Her feat is comparable to some other caster's spells. I'm no CoC player, but I play against people with them on a regular basis. They sort of need a dominant style caster, same as basically every other faction. If some factions get folks like Haley3, Rahn, Madrak1, Rask, etc then every faction should have powerful, metabending casters like that. CoC is nowhere near the top of the power curve, so a good caster with a quasi-control feat would be something that would help them out a lot.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

rkajdi posted:

Her feat is comparable to some other caster's spells. I'm no CoC player, but I play against people with them on a regular basis. They sort of need a dominant style caster, same as basically every other faction. If some factions get folks like Haley3, Rahn, Madrak1, Rask, etc then every faction should have powerful, metabending casters like that. CoC is nowhere near the top of the power curve, so a good caster with a quasi-control feat would be something that would help them out a lot.

I know what you mean, but I think the previous version had no counterplay except enough high powered shooting to one round a colossal. I think she's still incredibly strong.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

!Klams posted:

I know what you mean, but I think the previous version had no counterplay except enough high powered shooting to one round a colossal. I think she's still incredibly strong.

I understand, and agree it might have been too strong before. Problem is that now the swing is to her feat being too weak. I think just getting a single spell off when you used any number of fury/focus in a turn would have been sufficient. So then jackhammer becomes a retaliatory strike style option, which is good but not game busting. Also, something that discussed the timing of everything, so a clarification of if the spell goes off before or after the attack that is being bought.

It's just sad to watch the local CoC guy go from 10 to 3 on the stoked scale as soon as he saw that change. I played into it twice, and it's good but you almost always have to feat defensively and hope your opponent isn't able to back off and weather the feat turn while not going out on scenario. Of course I'm playing Dr. Arkadius a lot now (how is he so under-rated?) so I'm used to threat ranges that are incredibly extreme if I can hold feat for optimum utility.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rkajdi posted:

I'm playing Dr. Arkadius a lot now (how is he so under-rated?)

If Arkadius was in any other faction he'd break the game instantly. He's the best caster in the game.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rydiafan posted:

If Arkadius was in any other faction he'd break the game instantly. He's the best caster in the game.

I started using him in my last Journeyman, and holy poo poo is he incredible. And his beasts aren't varied, but a war hog can murder the world if it can get to something intact. And Arkadius can deliver him in a way that most caster can only dream about.

Is it just because Minions are a minor faction that he's overlooked? Because pairing him with Rask gatorman posse feels pretty good and has game into almost everything. I lost last night against Haley3 with my posse, but only because I was dumb and a) didn't feat either of the two turns that would have kept me alive, and b) I forgot my ambushers the whole game. I think I could have won if I was moderately smart about either of the two options. Getting outplayed instead of being outlisted is a new feeling to me, and feels rather good.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rkajdi posted:

Is it just because Minions are a minor faction that he's overlooked?

Yes.

As a fun mental experiment build a list with him for each of the other faction and realize you would literally never lose another game ever with any of them.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

rydiafan posted:

Yes.

As a fun mental experiment build a list with him for each of the other faction and realize you would literally never lose another game ever with any of them.

Yes, dear god give me Arkadius in Skorne.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Yes, dear god give me Arkadius in Skorne.

Yeah, I also play Skorne, and he's the kind of beast caster I dream of playing. I have to make due with DoA Morghoul1 instead, which is fun in it's own way. Lights that hit like heavies and that you can fire and forget for a huge trade up are always nice.

As another aside, I saw that for the for the ATC this year, there was one Arkadius WWFF list. Any clue why people are shying away from him? I get Rask Superfriends is cool, but I'm not sure it's so much better at beast bricking than Arkadius, and you give up the best posse list, because unchargeable posse can outgrind the world. The Maelok version doesn't seem nearly as good now that Revive is nerfed.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

rkajdi posted:

Of course I'm playing Dr. Arkadius a lot now (how is he so under-rated?) so I'm used to threat ranges that are incredibly extreme if I can hold feat for optimum utility.

1: He's in Minions
2: He's in Farrow. Which basically means that you need to buy his entire battlegroup just to use him personally in competitive play - the whole of Farrow is suffering with Arkadius being the best part of it.
3: If the enemy manages to survive your feat turn you're in a whole lot of trouble - you have almost no fury management and aren't terribly good at brawling.
4: He doesn't pair terribly well with Rask who is also an S-tier warlock with a feat to give his army the alpha strike and whose most successful lists are effectively warbeast heavy alpha strikers.

Also the Maelok Posse Brick came back in earnest at the end of last year - they overhauled Maelok so Death Pact gives all his warrior models +2 ARM and Undead. Which means on Feat turn they are Arm 22 vs melee (outgrinding even Rask Unchargeable Posse) - and all warrior models and all his beasts get the incorporeal charges. He also now has Soul Harvester to get silly amounts of fury against living infantry armies - four max units of Posse is the new standard.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

rkajdi posted:

Her feat is comparable to some other caster's spells.

There are a lot of casters whose feat is compatible to another casters spells. Jarl, Calandra off the top of my head for generic cloud wall and rough S&P equivalent.

Hell, Feora3's feat is basically just casting a spell she has on the other side of the same card!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

neonchameleon posted:

1: He's in Minions
2: He's in Farrow. Which basically means that you need to buy his entire battlegroup just to use him personally in competitive play - the whole of Farrow is suffering with Arkadius being the best part of it.
3: If the enemy manages to survive your feat turn you're in a whole lot of trouble - you have almost no fury management and aren't terribly good at brawling.
4: He doesn't pair terribly well with Rask who is also an S-tier warlock with a feat to give his army the alpha strike and whose most successful lists are effectively warbeast heavy alpha strikers.

Also the Maelok Posse Brick came back in earnest at the end of last year - they overhauled Maelok so Death Pact gives all his warrior models +2 ARM and Undead. Which means on Feat turn they are Arm 22 vs melee (outgrinding even Rask Unchargeable Posse) - and all warrior models and all his beasts get the incorporeal charges. He also now has Soul Harvester to get silly amounts of fury against living infantry armies - four max units of Posse is the new standard.

Yeah, I missed the changes to Death Pact-- I thought it was one unit only still. I'll try to give him a shot today to see how it plays.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Alpha Phoenix posted:

There are a lot of casters whose feat is compatible to another casters spells. Jarl, Calandra off the top of my head for generic cloud wall and rough S&P equivalent.

Hell, Feora3's feat is basically just casting a spell she has on the other side of the same card!

The difference being those other guys are pretty terrible whereas Locke is still a Mat9 precision striking jackhammerer. Locke fukkin rules

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Jimmy Hats posted:

The difference being those other guys are pretty terrible whereas Locke is still a Mat9 precision striking jackhammerer. Locke fukkin rules

There is plenty of design space for Privateer Press to release terrible casters, it certainly hasn't stopped them before! :butt:

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alpha Phoenix posted:

There is plenty of design space for Privateer Press to release terrible casters, it certainly hasn't stopped them before! :butt:

Yeah, but the limited factions really need to have good to great casters only. 3 or 4 misses in a stable of ~20 casters isn't bad, but even 2 out of your 5 being bad is killer to the minors. That's why it was nice that Grymkin had zero bad and maybe 1 average caster. CoC needs a great caster, and Locke is noticeably worse in CG because of the lower amount of arc nodes and worse focus efficiency. She needs to be better to just not be a dead slot in CG, like Aurora and to a lesser degree Sytherion are in CoC.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

rkajdi posted:

Yeah, but the limited factions really need to have good to great casters only. 3 or 4 misses in a stable of ~20 casters isn't bad, but even 2 out of your 5 being bad is killer to the minors. That's why it was nice that Grymkin had zero bad and maybe 1 average caster. CoC needs a great caster, and Locke is noticeably worse in CG because of the lower amount of arc nodes and worse focus efficiency. She needs to be better to just not be a dead slot in CG, like Aurora and to a lesser degree Sytherion are in CoC.

At least aurora has a cool flavorful "uniqueish" clockwork angel spam list. Syntherion is just headscratching. Synergy on most any other caster would make them see all kinds of play but nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Syntherion's field marshal would be fantastic in literally any other faction