Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is this what masturbation is like in the primitive future dystopia?

yes

e: Dammit new page.

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

WhiteDogEggs kindly sent me a blank brass nut to file into shape for my FRM100. I hosed it up horribly and he gave me some pointers to fix it. A year and a bit later and my guitar is still sitting without a nut because I horrendously hosed it up :(

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
That reminds me. I've been thinking of doing this with a dremel snake and bench clamp at some point. Also carving out some extra thick picks because I'm in love with the pack of 2.5mm bone jazz picks I bought a while back but would prefer something even thicker with a bit of a thumb bevel for comfort. It's still stupid music poo poo because it will make everything smell like bone for ages after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PCOfOyh-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqFaGtEevM

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Seriously though whose idea was it to only partially apply the nice finish to guitars

Because I hate it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shugojin posted:

Seriously though whose idea was it to only partially apply the nice finish to guitars

Because I hate it

what?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Are you talking about those Ibanez iron labels and such?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, those.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

They always look so cheap to me.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s ugly but I like it

Also I like this silly “solar eclipse” guitar

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It looks like they dipped a guitar in cheeto dust.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I agree that looks tite

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Ibanez boo

Solar eclipse boo

All instruments should be black and joyless :colbert:

(I kinda like the eclipse one but it probably looks like a Cracker Barrel toy outside of a professional photo shoot)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That is a very spicy guitar.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pretty sure they sell those in corner bodegas next to the Monster and rolling papers.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

...and the pitch! posted:

That doesn't look right the other part needs a finish as well

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Actuary X posted:

That doesn't look right the other part needs a finish as well

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I also just threw up in your mouth a little.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I ate that poop.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I almost like it

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snowy posted:

It’s ugly but I like it

Also I like this silly “solar eclipse” guitar

I loving love this.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I loving love this.

It's silly but it's charismatic silly.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah that solar eclipse Strat looks amazing. No shame in owning one.

The singlecut is like a good idea, terrible execution.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Sometimes i dont hate this, but the blue is way too high contrast to the naked wood. Looks aight with warmer colours, but it definitely looks more like a 'budget range" feature than a premium one.

That single cut is the bad type of nasty though!

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That looks like a 12 year old child ran out of duraseal halfway through trying to make their guitar fully sick.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is that Bill Bailey?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sure appears to be.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Is that Bill Bailey?

Indeed it is.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sure appears to be.

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Indeed it is.
Figures. :mmmhmm:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

The opposite of stupid music poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT7x1NvGf5k

I mean, it is stupid good...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dear Pittsburgh Cultural Trust:

I understand that thuribles would pose a fire hazard but I refuse to believe that it was enough of a problem to merit banning by name

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

🧐

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lonnie Mack Signature Flying V rules hard. Sitting down to play is uncool anyhow.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
semi-related but the only gibson i've ever wanted was a copy of jim martin's- black v with mirror pickguard and a kahler trem

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

semi-related but the only gibson i've ever wanted was a copy of jim martin's- black v with mirror pickguard and a kahler trem

:same: I didn't even notice anything else in the Epic video because I wanted that drat V.

fartzone_42069
Oct 11, 2009

What about stupid music trivia? Or it doesn't have to be stupid. Should that be another thread?

I guess stupid counts for what I can think of off the top of my head. Probably not new stuff for people here. But it's fun to learn stuff and then recount it later to mess with people's heads.

Little Richard kicked Hendrix out of his band for showing off too much.

John Bonham's bass drum pedal was audibly squeaking for a shitload of the recordings.

Anti-Satan Rock people thought the lyrics to The Kingsmen's version of Louie Louie (the most well known recording) were dirty because you can't understand what the singer was saying. They're fine. But ironically the drummer dropped his stick at one point and there's a loud "gently caress!" that's been playing on the radio and everywhere else since!

Metallica stole their name.... There's more but that's enough for now...

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Dear Pittsburgh Cultural Trust:

I understand that thuribles would pose a fire hazard but I refuse to believe that it was enough of a problem to merit banning by name

I just found out what a thurible is, thanks.

Also I bought a used Jaguar bass, and somebody spilled barbeque sauce or something onto the bridge and kind of just let it dry. Cool. Tone Sauce

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

fzA455 posted:

Anti-Satan Rock people thought the lyrics to The Kingsmen's version of Louie Louie (the most well known recording) were dirty because you can't understand what the singer was saying. They're fine. But ironically the drummer dropped his stick at one point and there's a loud "gently caress!" that's been playing on the radio and everywhere else since!

Factoid: the FBI conducted a two year investigation into Jack Ely and the Kingsmen looking for vulgar and/or anti-American sentiments in the lyrics and they came up with exactly poo poo. You can read the full investigation at the bottom of this NPR article.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

darkwasthenight posted:

Factoid: the FBI conducted a two year investigation into Jack Ely and the Kingsmen looking for vulgar and/or anti-American sentiments in the lyrics and they came up with exactly poo poo. You can read the full investigation at the bottom of this NPR article.

Good lord the FBI gets up to some dumb poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

Good lord the FBI gets up to some dumb poo poo

in the early 80s the ncis spent months trying to uncover a gay cabal in the navy led by a mysterious figure named dorothy because they thought the phrase "friend of dorothy" meant a literal group of friends