Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Shoulders
Gloves
Chest
Legs
Amulet
+cubed rorg

Then your rings are either focus/restraint or CoE/Unity or CoE/Zodiac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

texaholic posted:

RoRG in the kanai thing, haven't found a compass rose set I like yet.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/JalapenoMAN-1937/hero/98542562

I guess I should look into upgrading

Actually I'm stupid, I don't think Sunwuko WoL ever uses Compass/Travelers. You're probably using the best rings available with CoE/Unity/RoRG

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So I just geared up a multishot DH for the Ridiculomovespeed build and holy lol that thing is fast and hilarious.

I didn't even go particularly far in optimising my build. My only complaint would be that dying to elites is a bit too easy on T13 but I guess I could swap out some emeralds in my gear for diamonds if I wanted to.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

So I just geared up a multishot DH for the Ridiculomovespeed build and holy lol that thing is fast and hilarious.

I didn't even go particularly far in optimising my build. My only complaint would be that dying to elites is a bit too easy on T13 but I guess I could swap out some emeralds in my gear for diamonds if I wanted to.

I dont even have the full move speed buffs for it, and it gets hard to handle at times. But that is half the fun.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

What're the best cubed/gambled things for a level 1 monk alt

I know I can get a pl but solo play is my jam.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

big cummers ONLY posted:

What're the best cubed/gambled things for a level 1 monk alt

I know I can get a pl but solo play is my jam.

Boots

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Dameius posted:

I dont even have the full move speed buffs for it, and it gets hard to handle at times. But that is half the fun.

Yeah it's a bit nuts. I think I might actually focus on upping this build's gear over Impale and Sentry builds because I want to be able to blast through bounties. My gear for multishot has been the shittiest of my 3 builds up to now because I haven't focussed too much on trying to roll better gear for it etc. since impale was seeming more effective, but after switching up to this build I love multishot! I can clear T13 rifts with it in about 2:30 at the moment and that might include a death or two, so could be faster and more survivable but overall it's quicker than my Impale build, particularly for bounties (though not yet for GRs) just because of the crazy move speed.

The only thing is sometimes (not too often) I seem to get low on / run out of hatred, and there are no generators. How do people manage their hatred with this build? Edit: Nevermind, it's Vengeance with Seethe.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 16, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

If you have goldwrap, you'll never die.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

IMHO Goldwrap is entirely unnecessary for any class to farm T13 at lightspeed without dying. It ain't that hard if you just wear the things you'd normally wear with a couple adjustments for speed.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Goldwrap is a novelty at best.

At worst it's: "I'm invinc--I'm dead"

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

exquisite tea posted:

IMHO Goldwrap is entirely unnecessary for any class to farm T13 at lightspeed without dying. It ain't that hard if you just wear the things you'd normally wear with a couple adjustments for speed.

I haven't gone completely 100% balls-out speed. I kept hold of a Hunter's Wrath or whatever that belt is. Could try goldwrap but tbh I have a bunch of non-ancient slots still in my build and I have zero augments on this particular build so I'll get some of that stuff sorted first I think.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you go balls out for damage or speed, it's a pretty nice fallback plan. I know my monk was squishy as hell without it in T13.

It's required for my HC DH in rifts/bounties.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The more you lean on goldwrap, the lazier you can get. This is why I make it mandatory.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Larrymer posted:

If you have goldwrap, you'll never die.

Until you hit the rift boss and the defense buff drops.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I tried doing the 350 chest kill conquest last night with some doofus off reddit

He told me to TP to leorics garden where there was a frenzy shrine, then he teleported to the cursed Peat chest and said "k".

I activated the frenzy shrine at leorics garden before teleporting to him and he got super pissed. What the hell was he asking me to do?

We also failed it because he was on a helltooth garg without ring of the short man's finger, lol

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I'm guessing he was going to TP to town, click your banner, both get the buff, then he goes back to the event via Map, then you TP to him, and then do the event. Not necessary though, especially with classes that can 1shot things as they spawn in a large area, like UE DH.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I was also trying to do it on a hammerdin, but I was totally zero wrath within 5 seconds of channeling the skill. What's the deal with wrath management on that build? I put it together just for Curses per icy veins suggestion

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I was also trying to do it on a hammerdin, but I was totally zero wrath within 5 seconds of channeling the skill. What's the deal with wrath management on that build? I put it together just for Curses per icy veins suggestion

The bracers play a massive role in that build.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah what's your % (75-100) on the vambraces?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jan posted:

Until you hit the rift boss and the defense buff drops.

Oh totally. I won't do any of the boss fights with my speed gear during bounties because of it. It's probably a little too speed biased in that case...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The bracers play a massive role in that build.

My wrath is refunded if I hit 1,2,or 3 enemies with an activation of hammers? I would spam hammers while the enemies spawned in and must have been hitting 0 and not getting the refund. Bleh. Condemn seems like it would work just as well for this, and I actually know what I'm doing with that one.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

WhatEvil posted:

I haven't gone completely 100% balls-out speed. I kept hold of a Hunter's Wrath or whatever that belt is. Could try goldwrap but tbh I have a bunch of non-ancient slots still in my build and I have zero augments on this particular build so I'll get some of that stuff sorted first I think.

I assume you're building for just regular rifts? What's your build looking like now? I ran out of gold, and GR keys...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Question:

My stash is full. Is there a short list of items I absolutely should not salvage/cube? (Not by build just a literal do not salvage these insanely rare/important 20 items ever)

I need some space.

Edit: an up to date list I mean, I found some but I don't know this game that well to judge their accuracy

Hopper fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 17, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Hopper posted:

Question:

My stash is full. Is there a short list of items I absolutely should not salvage/cube? (Not by build just a literal do not salvage these insanely rare/important 20 items ever)

I need some space.

Edit: an up to date list I mean, I found some but I don't know this game that well to judge their accuracy

This is the best one you'll find.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/legendary-item-salvage-guide

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah i know that one... buty stash is bursting and I literally just met a goblin that gated me to whimsyda/siure whatever.

So now stash full, character full. Welp.

Considering I likely won't play another char this season I will probably just salvage/cube anything that isn't an Ancient, doesn't feature in a DH build and isn't a super valuable ring. (I lucked out and have 3 unitys plus one cubed and 4 rorg plsu shedloads of other rings)

I can't trade season items, right?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Cube/salvage everything, you know you'll never use it.

No trading in or out of season 2 hours after the item originally dropped with the other players that were present.

Maybe keep an off-set for the characters you currently have if you find yourself swapping a lot.

My off season stash became suddenly a lot cleaner once I realised I'd never really be playing non-season again and everything was useless (except specific achievement items and a couple of legacy Legendary/Set items)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
This is the answer I needed hehe. Invincibility item and unity for all followers. The rest goes to the cube.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wish I had too many legendary items, I need them for reforging the ones I’m wearing.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
This challenge rift is bs. I've got it down to a science, I know the route and where every elite is, but I always get to the loving empty fourth floor at like 98% after the two elite groups and every time I re-do it I'm like okay well surely I've killed the like 3 extra groups of trash I need to for that to not happen and for me to finish this stupid piece of poo poo but NOPE keep just barely failing it, and therefore I've decided not to play this season or to ever play this game again ttyl

Kidding, but gently caress this. When does it change over to something else?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

90s Shoes posted:

When does it change over to something else?

It resets every Monday at 4pm EST/5pm EDT.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
Nice. Also, I did it with 3 seconds to spare, so there's that.

Sometimes an angry post is all the inspiration you need I guess. Now, back to season journey.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Damon just cleared out half my stash and then get another whimsy portal.
I need a goblin to open a vault portal to kill greed for my journey. Is there any trick to that? Currently I am running bounties and hoping for goblins...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hopper posted:

Damon just cleared out half my stash and then get another whimsy portal.
I need a goblin to open a vault portal to kill greed for my journey. Is there any trick to that? Currently I am running bounties and hoping for goblins...

You'll eventually get your hands on a "Puzzle Ring". Go to Kanai's Cube and use the "??? Puzzle Ring???" feature and you'll open a vault portal!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
'i just started playing last week, but played D2 for years. I got the hang of things pretty quickly, but the sheer number of end game farming options has me wondering what to do for most efficient farming.

Got the season WD set, stacked with a 230% amp dmg on haunted targets ring. I'm up to lvl 30ish rifts, torment 6, still climbing. My single target DPS is off the charts, I am one-hitting anything from malthael to rift guardians. 1000 seconds of 230% amped haunt damage in a piranha pool almost hits 1 billion damage per hit. Did I accidentally build a cheese elite melter? AoE clear rate is pretty poo poo but rift guardians go splat in 1 second makes up for some of the lost time. Kanai cube set to shrines spawn an elite pack works really well with this build. Most of the time the elites die before they even have a chance to attack. Hellfire portals cost only the walk time to key wardens. The actual fights end instantly.

I got lucky and found a goblin gold vault portal really early after lvl 70, so I have had infinite gold so far. I have no idea what end-game stuff I should be farming. Just more GRs as my paragon/gear allows? I have decent clear speed but feel really squishy when I push the rift level limit.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You'll eventually get your hands on a "Puzzle Ring". Go to Kanai's Cube and use the "??? Puzzle Ring???" feature and you'll open a vault portal!

Oh so that what that does... I have one already

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hopper posted:

Oh so that what that does... I have one already

You should definitely put on a broken crown or cube it before entering the vault. It always drops a lot of gems in there so why not double up your loot?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

WITCHCRAFT posted:

'i just started playing last week, but played D2 for years. I got the hang of things pretty quickly, but the sheer number of end game farming options has me wondering what to do for most efficient farming.

Got the season WD set, stacked with a 230% amp dmg on haunted targets ring. I'm up to lvl 30ish rifts, torment 6, still climbing. My single target DPS is off the charts, I am one-hitting anything from malthael to rift guardians. 1000 seconds of 230% amped haunt damage in a piranha pool almost hits 1 billion damage per hit. Did I accidentally build a cheese elite melter? AoE clear rate is pretty poo poo but rift guardians go splat in 1 second makes up for some of the lost time. Kanai cube set to shrines spawn an elite pack works really well with this build. Most of the time the elites die before they even have a chance to attack. Hellfire portals cost only the walk time to key wardens. The actual fights end instantly.

I got lucky and found a goblin gold vault portal really early after lvl 70, so I have had infinite gold so far. I have no idea what end-game stuff I should be farming. Just more GRs as my paragon/gear allows? I have decent clear speed but feel really squishy when I push the rift level limit.

Yeah, just work towards a build, the "real" farming begins after you get all gear slots filled with the best options and some leveled gems. Use something like this as a guide to pick your gear/which attributes to reroll etc.

e: and it's normal to feel squishy after assembling your first complete set, the set really really really boosts your damage output but doesn't do much for toughness.

Samopsa fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 17, 2018

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
What can I do to improve my tal meteor wizard?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Wolfzangel-1500/hero/99183900

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

The two biggest improvements would probably be trying to get better boots/offhand. Boots can have a much higher legendary affix. Offhand legendary affix could be higher, and needs Arcane power on crit to keep the Aquila Cuirass effect in your cube up more often.

After that would probably be getting a new ancient helm with Int/Vit/Crit/Socket or Int/Crit/Meteor/Socket, ancient belt, ancient bracers with Fire/Int/Vit/Crit, and hopefully a better rolled Tal's amulet. You want to be using Bane of the Trapped instead of Zei's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I joined a Hardcore game with 3 guys who all had top 10 leaderboard characters, and we decided to warm up with a gr85

A 10 second Lag spike killed two of us, and they rage quit and sent us a lot of irate messages.

That's how you climb up the ladder, boys :smuggo: