Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pollyanna posted:

Just because people are mad on Twitter doesn't mean the tides are turning against Trump and the GOP. I expect the GOP to continue to run this loving country into the ground.

Okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prester Jane posted:

Savannah is 55% minority and was a Democratic stronghold for quite some time until the 2016 elections resulted in a republican being elected mayor; unseating a black female Democrat that had held the seat for 20 years.

So yeah, them's Fightin words.

My bad. Assumed it was, you know, republican.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/975035349301956608?s=20

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

So probably not as good as the dream team of Cohen and Cobb?? (Lol)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah the GOP is really looking great going into midterms...

They don't have to be liked in order for them to remain in power.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pollyanna posted:

They don't have to be liked or remain popular in order for them to hold onto power.

Yeah totally man nothing matters we get it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Catching up on new posts, but I assume the fun factoid myth about crawfish hasn't been posted.

Lobsters followed the Acadians for reasons and got small.

e:

Crow Jane posted:

Pence didn't say anything about weed, someone should shotgun some into his stupid face.

Or smoke so much you create you own localize weather system like some wildfires.

Also why the hell does he not like dogs? Is it because they can detect he has no soul? Also LOL at the hypocrisy of fundies/party of freedom and liberty, if a moooslem said not to have alcohol near them regressives would be yelling to nuke the area with ham.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 17, 2018

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Gen. Ripper posted:

That interests me: aside from Adams and Jefferson, has there ever been a case where the POTUS and VPOTUS quite clearly hated each other and were at loggerheads the whole term?

FDR and John Nance Garner worked together during FDR’s first term, but Garner was aghast at FDR’s proposal to pack the Supreme Court and helped lobby against it on the Hill. FDR responded by cutting Garner out of all administration meetings and business, and Garner essentially went home to Texas for three years to pout. At the 1940 convention, Garner showed up expecting to be a candidate for either President or Vice President and FDR’s people told him to get hosed.

William McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt got on fine enough, but McKinley’s main advisor/campaign manager/fundraiser/puppet-master Mark Hanna famously hated TR, calling him “that damned cowboy”. After the convention forced TR onto the ticket as VP, Hanna said to McKinley “Your only job for the next four years is to live”, which turned out to be the one Hanna command that McKinley couldn’t follow.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/975008755824910339

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
No but seriously why can't people have dogs around Mike Pence?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna be fun when people swarm that area with as many dogs and pints of Guinness as possible.

Hey Savanna citizens, if you are involved in the festivities please post photos from what will now be the largest puppy gathering, because I would bring my pupperinos just to gently caress with Pence.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Hastings posted:

Hey Savanna citizens, if you are involved in the festivities please post photos from what will now be the largest puppy gathering, because I would bring my pupperinos just to gently caress with Pence.

I'm honestly considering driving from Atlanta for it with my large adult dog son

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hollismason posted:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilDetectingDog

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

I'm honestly considering driving from Atlanta for it with my large adult dog son

And miss the United match!?!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Koalas March posted:

Dogs know evil. Makes sense.

Explain police dogs.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Serfer posted:

Alcohol and dogs are haraam

Literally more evidence that Pence is a secret Muslim than Obama was.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Explain police dogs.
Some of them are evil as well. That or they're carefully trained to identify evil as good and vice versa.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Explain police dogs.

They also know what weed smells like and they think it's good :3:

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

But think of all the pets you could give in Savannah. :3:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Explain police dogs.

They are just trying to please humans. They love their corrupt masters so much.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Explain police dogs.

Easy.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AlexWhitcomb/status/975033016413143041

I totally forgot this Cambridge Analytica/Facebook thing is almost exactly the same as a plot line from House of Cards.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

i can't finish without using the blood from my own slit wrists as lube

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

The first tickets we could get our hands on were the LA game in a couple weeks :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:munch:

McCabe's going to war.

Pollyanna posted:

They don't have to be liked in order for them to remain in power.

They still have the odds in their favor to keep the Senate but if the turnout gap is even half of what it has been for midterms the Dems are going to take the House and with a dozen or so seats extra for their majority.

If the turnout gap is similar to the PA-18 special election (unlikely, but there's plenty of time for Trump to keep loving up to make the gap bigger) then the Dems would end up with something like 330-350 seats in the House and a possible Senate majority. Senate map brutality is the only reason a flip isn't likely.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crow Jane posted:

God, there's no end to this administration's depravity

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Hollismason posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNaSVn6qSk

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Explain police dogs.

Police dogs bark at whatever their handlers tell them to bark at.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crow Jane posted:

When this administration goes down, Pence's punishment will be being locked in a room with Shane MacGowan and a bunch of dogs

heck, now that Putin knows Pence dislikes dogs he can reprise his (hilariously assholish) Merkel maneuver

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

heck, now that Putin knows Pence dislikes dogs he can reprise his (hilariously assholish) Merkel maneuver

Pence has a pet dog, so I don't think he dislikes them. Trump has ridiculed him for keeping pets.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Deteriorata posted:

Pence has a pet dog, so I don't think he dislikes them. Trump has ridiculed him for keeping pets.

My dog is the only moral dog

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

I knew he had a bunch of pets but I assumed based on the Savannah thing that I was misremembering and he didn't have a dog.

Wonder what's up with that requirement now.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
we are rapidly approaching the cheeto sky

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Deteriorata posted:

He's afraid his dog will smell other dogs on him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

i actually can't discount this theory

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Pence is morally inept and doesn't want to be tempted.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Maybe he's in heat?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Hollismason posted:

It makes the horse jealous

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mother said if she found another dog licking his face, she'd pour his ODouls down the sink.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Pence needs to plug his moralizing pie hole with a room temperature bottle of O'Doul's, imo.

It would be cool if the whole crowd screamed this in his face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFBC-PEnTI

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TVs Ian posted:

He’s not allowed to be alone with other dogs, he needs his dog with him

• Locked thread