Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Yeah Kirby with one ally is tons of fun (although having a full stable feels like leading a little helper army into battle).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would rebuy Sonic All-stars Racing Transformed for the Switch, it's that good and having it in portable mode would make it even better.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm really enjoying Kirby so far. I'm running a full squad, but I may try limiting my helpers, but I kind of dig having a swarm of various elemental effects.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Well, Nintendo might not be jumpin on custom joycons, but hilariously enough, Etsy is

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=joycon

that's some good money

Some of them look pretty cool

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I liked Sonic Transformed way more than MK8DX but a lot of that had to do with Sonic Transformed taking use of Sega as a whole for content rather than relying solely on Sonic itself like how Mario Kart (until very recently) relied almost entirely on Mario. With the way MK8DX turned out, I have high hopes that the scope of Mario Kart with regards to characters/cars/tracks will broaden greatly into other Nintendo franchises.

Infinitum posted:

I would rebuy Sonic All-stars Racing Transformed for the Switch, it's that good and having it in portable mode would make it even better.

Yeah, I have it on PC and Vita but the Vita version is downscaled quite a bit from the original release (on top of the fact that all the console/portable versions are inferior content and performance-wise to the PC version) but having a Switch version relatively on par with PC would be great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANIlyANoFxI
DF did an in-depth review on mCable and it seems pretty worthwhile for Switch. Some nice gains on certain titles with no perceptible input lag.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress that is really good.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

$250

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I love that King Dedede has his pratfall attack from Smash as one of his moves in Star Allies. :3:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

nerd_of_prey posted:

I love dragon quest builders, it has improved my life. I love the dialogue, the building, the exploring. The humour is very dragon quest and reminds me of good times playing rocket slime. I am glad it is on switch as despite owning a PS4 I wasn't aware of it's existence and in the switch version I get to ride a sabercub.

I love that the game's engine is a Sony product that works on everything but the Xbox :laugh:

Also game is good. It's caused people at home to start yoinking my Switch.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

JordanKai posted:

I love that King Dedede has his pratfall attack from Smash as one of his moves in Star Allies. :3:

That is his pratfall attack from Kirby's Dream Land!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANIlyANoFxI
DF did an in-depth review on mCable and it seems pretty worthwhile for Switch. Some nice gains on certain titles with no perceptible input lag.

If those play nice with HDMI switches and eventually fall under $80, I may try it out. But I'd want it for Switch/PS3/360/GC/WiiU, etc.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Pug Rodeo posted:

I’m guessing it’s this. You haven’t tried a single other screen in docked mode to test? :psyduck:

Nope. I guess I'll pack my Switch when I go to my parents' for Easter.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dedede is a clumsy boy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love that so many great indie games are coming out for the Switch but am sad that barely any of them are ones I have any interest in :(

Still have Oxenfree and Detention to play at least

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loooooooooooooooooool

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Wendell posted:

That is his pratfall attack from Kirby's Dream Land!

True! I just associate it with Smash Bros because that was the first time players got to do it themselves.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Infinitum posted:

Midjack posted:

loooooooooooooooooool

Nintendo just make cool unique joycons and take my money, drat.

I also agree with colored themes that change depending on what color joycons you have attached.

Sorry grey scrubs.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Midjack posted:

loooooooooooooooooool

Have you tried to take apart a Joycon? I ended up buying the Colorware ones for mine. :v: $150 but it beats paying $90 for another set after I end up breaking the first one.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Rolo posted:

I also agree with colored themes that change depending on what color joycons you have attached.

Sorry grey scrubs.

They're already so expensive tbh, I'm waiting on getting a second set until they release some other colors for that reason alone

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Infinitum posted:

Agreed. I don't care if Mario Kart is better than Sonic racing or not. I like both, I'll happily play both, give me both.

Wanna make a new Crash Team Racing for Switch too? Go for it.

And I say this as a guy who drives a blue car with the license plate BLU SHEL.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Bongo Bill posted:

If you're not doing co-op, remember to use jump + down to ride on a friend's back and effectively get access to all their moves, R/L + A to dismiss a friend immediately, and A/- when powerless to turn a friend into an edible ability hat.

I was trying to figure out this edible hat thing, I was trying to Press A and L or Down and A while riding them and couldn't figure it out. Turns out you can just use B to suck them up like a regular enemy to take their power though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

Agreed. I don't care if Mario Kart is better than Sonic racing or not. I like both, I'll happily play both, give me both.

This is not allowed.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Spider Kirby in absolutely the best new power with the best new hat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Rolo posted:

Sorry grey scrubs.

Where’s my mood changing grip/color

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

Wanna make a new Crash Team Racing for Switch too? Go for it.

And I say this as a guy who drives a blue car with the license plate BLU SHEL.

I think you mean have Crash guest star in Sonic Racing with new entries like the Streets of Rage crew in a police car that drives through a bunch of SoR2 stages that are stitched together to make a track.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Should I play Steamworld Dig 1 first or skip to 2?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Just dropping into the thread for one of those is-it-just-me litmus tests - I'm having a hard time with Odyssey's Luncheon world. It's like going through the Uranus missions on Warframe; dull, boring, justwannaget...tothenextplace. Can't put my finger on what it is about this zone that irks me when all the rest have been better than fine. Like, fun and innovative and make me smile all the time kind of zones. Game is great but Luncheon world is a low point for me and I've stagnated on this game for about a week now because of it.

Is it just me?

edit: and yeah, buying a switch with motherfucking BotW and Mario has eaten severely into my Warframe time and that is one of the most irrelevant, delicious first world problems I've ever had.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 17, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is that the pastel soup world? If so that’s just a bad level. I felt the same way about it.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is that the pastel soup world? If so that’s just a bad level. I felt the same way about it.

Yes, the pink one with the fire things that you take over and they can't jump well.

AlMac
Oct 5, 2003

Peter Serafinowicz says I'M THE BEST
Yep, that world was the sole low point for me too. It's definitely not just you.

My four year old loves watching me play it though, mostly because she laughs her head off whenever "Mario gets his bum on fire". Which happens a lot.

A lot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I really liked that world

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Should I play Steamworld Dig 1 first or skip to 2?

Skip to 2

If you are worried about plot its hero from 1 saves day and is now missing.

No offense to the goon dev hct but they are pretty much the same game but 2 reaches sublime heights

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I have even used mario's fiery bum to get to places but man, I have to get me off this map before my brain quits the game.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I just beat The Mummy Demastered. Post-patch it's a pretty easy game as long as you make an effort to keep your health topped off (sadly there's no places today refill health except when picking up a health expansion, so you have to farm enemies) and seek out all the upgrades.

The death mechanic is totally avoidable. It auto-saves when you die, but you can make backup saves. After the first boss I wasn't really at risk of dying though.

Overall it's a pretty good game. It's basically Castlevania with guns, and will be the closest thing to Castlevania for the Switch until Bloodstained comes out. Respawning bats are annoying, but they're not really a problem after the first 20 minutes.

Because of the license it's probably a one-off for Wayforward, but I'd definitely play another Wayforward Castlevania if they ever make another.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 17, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Andrast posted:

I really liked that world

It’s cool, we can all like different things about games.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s cool, we can all like different things about games.

Yeah we can and that is a great and cool and good thing that should be honoured and respected. I just got past that world now with some focused attempts and I'm as gripped to see myself to the end of this as I ever was!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Even the last last level of the game wasn't bullshit hard like champion's road was. It was hard but clear how to do it, just have to execute.

Loved so much about odyssey

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Yeah Kirby with one ally is tons of fun (although having a full stable feels like leading a little helper army into battle).

Honestly, I'm tempted to go on a destructive rampage through the game's difficulty curve for playthrough 1, then take it more slow with just one helper to make it a more standard challenge after. There's something too intoxicating about charging into battle with 3 partners full steam ahead for me to want to give it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tatsuta Age posted:

You sweet summer child

Nintendo first party almost never goes on digital sale :(

This is only half correct, for the record

They don't go on sale but the real first-party games (ie, not pokemon) get Nintendo Classic Collection releases. Most of the big ones on the 3DS dropped from $40 to $20 eventually. It'll just take a long while to happen.

• Locked thread