Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why the gently caress can I somehow never remove a coffee filter without it collapsing and dropping the old wet grounds all over? Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Brawnfire posted:

Why the gently caress can I somehow never remove a coffee filter without it collapsing and dropping the old wet grounds all over? Jesus

They really need to make a firmer material that can still filter water through. It's always a precarious walk with you gripping the very edges of wet paper hoping it doesn't rip like it so badly wants to.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Strangers who ask if you're "ok" when you look upset. I had a flight attendant and the grocery store cashier ask me that today. Even if the answer is "no" what are they going to do? Just leave me be.

"I feel like poo poo but at least I'm not working retail, so that's a plus"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I hate that I've developed this weird instinct to use a speed-testing app whenever my phone's connectivity is spotty.

Like, I never really get a "Yeah your speeds are shittier than normal" result. I get a "Nah, your speed is great" or simply spits back an error because the connection is poo poo enough that it can't connect to the speed-testing servers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

TIL goons don't know how coffee filter baskets work

What is it like being the black and white "before" people in an infomercial?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I have dumped exactly 4 baskets full of hot coffee grounds into my cleavage due to poor coffee pot placement and a tendency do only drink coffee while blindly hungover.

Learned how to whip my bra off like a champion stripper after the second basket so I say overall they're alright.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

TIL goons don't know how coffee filter baskets work

What is it like being the black and white "before" people in an infomercial?

Not all coffee makers have a removable basket.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I hate when otherwise good games have massive bugs, like Steam game Sideway: New York- I had enormous fun playing it but took literally 7 years to beat Times Square, the final level - this is not because it's a bad level, it's a great level. The problem is it keeps crashing. The only way I beat it was to find 2 massive shortcuts built into the level which get me between the beginning and end of the level before it has a chance to start stuttering. Happily the collectibles are early enough that taking the level normally means it crashes about where the level meets the end of the second shortcut so I can consistently beat it and 100% it due to kind autosaving, but I shouldn't have to split the level into a "complete but unfinished" and a "shortcut to finish" run like that.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

docbeard posted:

I'm not going to apologize for liking something that other people don't

Reminded me of a peeve that pisses me off to no end.
If I am driving you somewhere, don't talk poo poo about the music I'm playing. Not talking about volume, or disagreeing with the 'message' of the music, just a general "Ugh, this band is soooo bad, put something else on." No. I'm driving, so I pick music. This has always been established: driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Reminded me of a peeve that pisses me off to no end.
If I am driving you somewhere, don't talk poo poo about the music I'm playing.

Wow that's major douche chill. There's a Code there.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Strangers who ask if you're "ok" when you look upset. I had a flight attendant and the grocery store cashier ask me that today. Even if the answer is "no" what are they going to do? Just leave me be.

From my standpoint as a person who will ask someone if they're "OK" if something looks off:

If it isn't OK, I help them. If they need a ride, I can do that. If they need a phone, I can do that. If they need advice, I can do that. If they need a hand lifting something, I can do that.

It's just trying to be nice. Many times, that stressed-out person just needs directions or just needs a cigarette. No harm in asking. I've needed a hand plenty of times.

This differs from the "Are you OK? You look tired." people.

gently caress those guys. I am tired. That you can't fix. What do you gain from asking if I'm tired? Of course I am, I'm leaving work right now. I'm supposed to be tired.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

mostlygray posted:

From my standpoint as a person who will ask someone if they're "OK" if something looks off:

If it isn't OK, I help them. If they need a ride, I can do that. If they need a phone, I can do that. If they need advice, I can do that. If they need a hand lifting something, I can do that.

It's just trying to be nice. Many times, that stressed-out person just needs directions or just needs a cigarette. No harm in asking. I've needed a hand plenty of times.

This differs from the "Are you OK? You look tired." people.

gently caress those guys. I am tired. That you can't fix. What do you gain from asking if I'm tired? Of course I am, I'm leaving work right now. I'm supposed to be tired.

"Are you okay? You look sad."

No, thank you for your concern, I just spaced out for a bit the--

"No, you look sad. Are you upset?"

Uh, no. I'm just a bit tired--

"No, I know your mental state right now better than you do, and you're totally sad and upset. Do you want to talk about it?"

Go away, please.

"See, you are upset! Why? You need to talk about it, I can help you--"

I am drat well upset NOW...

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Takezio posted:

Reminds me of a pet peeve: people apologizing in advance for their rude question to a complete stranger. If you don't think it's a good idea, don't do it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

queserasera posted:

Reminds me of a pet peeve: people apologizing in advance for their rude question to a complete stranger. If you don't think it's a good idea, don't do it.

No offense, but

Not to be racist, but

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I hate this. I have a downturned mouth so when I'm thinking I either look sad or pissed and then people ask me this and I have to try to explain that this is just my face.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
No offense but have you just tried cheering up?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Nah, just stand on your head and go "There, I'm smiling." Googly eyes stuck to the chin are optional but appreciated.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fizzymercy posted:

I have dumped exactly 4 baskets full of hot coffee grounds into my cleavage due to poor coffee pot placement and a tendency do only drink coffee while blindly hungover.

Learned how to whip my bra off like a champion stripper after the second basket so I say overall they're alright.

This has to be someone's fetish, right?

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Takezio posted:

"Are you okay? You look sad."

No, thank you for your concern, I just spaced out for a bit the--

"No, you look sad. Are you upset?"

Uh, no. I'm just a bit tired--

"No, I know your mental state right now better than you do, and you're totally sad and upset. Do you want to talk about it?"

Go away, please.

"See, you are upset! Why? You need to talk about it, I can help you--"

Now that's irritating as gently caress. Leave me alone means leave me alone.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

mostlygray posted:

Now that's irritating as gently caress. Leave me alone means leave me alone.

Sometimes you have to be more forceful and change "please leave me alone" to "gently caress off". But then rumors start going around the office of your anger management problems.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
See also people in the break room who can't take a hint that you don't want to talk.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

See also people in the break room who can't take a hint that you don't want to talk.

A hint? You can be sitting in the corner, facing a wall, reading a book, with headphones on, and there'll still be someone who'll try to start a conversation.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I have this fantasy of responding to people telling me to smile by telling them to cry.

“Come on, crying’s good for you! It will make you feel so much better!”

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Not all coffee makers have a removable basket.

show me this terribly designed coffee machine, and then explain why you would buy such a thing

how do you get the grounds in in the first place?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

show me this terribly designed coffee machine, and then explain why you would buy such a thing

how do you get the grounds in in the first place?

the thing folds outward, you put the filter in, you put the grounds in, you take the filter full of grounds out :confused:

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
What I want to know is why someone would lift the grounds to cleavage height or above and then carry them around in that lifted state. Seems to me sliding the trashcan over would make more sense.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Snorkzilla posted:

What I want to know is why someone would lift the grounds to cleavage height or above and then carry them around in that lifted state. Seems to me sliding the trashcan over would make more sense.

Well coffee perks you up maybe she was hoping it would work on her boobs?

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its not strongly a peeve, but its getting tired that so many rappers have Lil in front of their names. Lil Kim, Lil Uze Vert, Lil Bow wow (formerly), and all the others on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil. I don't know if it has a special meaning in the music sphere but when I see a new Lil whatever I kind of sigh that there's another Lil. Really just a minor annoyance but whatever; its their life and career.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I lifted the basket out of the coffeemaker that was at cleavage height a bit too aggressively and hit the low overhead cabinets with the basket, thus dumping them down my front. I wouldn't carry them around in the basket cause when I've done that I slipped on a wet floor and set off a coffee grounds bomb that took an hour to clean.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

cinni posted:

Its not strongly a peeve, but its getting tired that so many rappers have Lil in front of their names. Lil Kim, Lil Uze Vert, Lil Bow wow (formerly), and all the others on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil. I don't know if it has a special meaning in the music sphere but when I see a new Lil whatever I kind of sigh that there's another Lil. Really just a minor annoyance but whatever; its their life and career.

I listen to lil windex and lil wyte sometimes but generally I agree that it's way overdone.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I listen to lil windex and lil wyte sometimes but generally I agree that it's way overdone.

I didn't believe Lil Windex was a real artist at first cause the name was so ridiculous.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Olive! posted:

No offense, but

Not to be racist, but

“I’m not blaming the victim but what do those women expect when they dress like that?” is a thing one woman I know has brought up several times.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
People for whatever reason REALLY love to overshare with me :saddowns: One of my coworkers, within half an hour of us meeting, was telling me about his father's suicide years ago. I also had a complete stranger tell me about how he loved his old job before his boss made him do unsafe work, and he mangled his leg, leading to him working a job he now hates. I was waiting for a bus with my headphones on who even ARE you?

Like I do like that people trust me easily, since I'm a trustworthy guy, but holy god drat I am NOT equipped to help you with your life trauma at all, much less within an hour of introducing yourself/without even introducing yourself.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bean_shadow posted:

“I’m not blaming the victim but what do those women expect when they dress like that?” is a thing one woman I know has brought up several times.

I mean if they don't want to spill hot coffee grounds in their cleavage then maybe they should cover up?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Danaru posted:

People for whatever reason REALLY love to overshare with me :saddowns: One of my coworkers, within half an hour of us meeting, was telling me about his father's suicide years ago. I also had a complete stranger tell me about how he loved his old job before his boss made him do unsafe work, and he mangled his leg, leading to him working a job he now hates. I was waiting for a bus with my headphones on who even ARE you?

Like I do like that people trust me easily, since I'm a trustworthy guy, but holy god drat I am NOT equipped to help you with your life trauma at all, much less within an hour of introducing yourself/without even introducing yourself.

Are you Daniel Radcliffe from Horns?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"I feel like poo poo but at least I'm not working retail, so that's a plus"
badass to insult people when they try to be kind

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
"THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER OMG WHY DON'T YOU LOVE IT?"

My friend's favorite movie is some slock called Lucky Number Slevin, and it's poorly written and a mess. But he loves the movie. I told him it was good but he insists I meant to say the best ever. Constantly brings it up. The movie is so bad I doubt Bruce Willis even has it listed on his resume.

Meanwhile I told him to watch It and The Girl With All The Gifts and he meh'd them both.

He also refuses to watch any movies with subtitles because "the last book he read was in high school." And he hates reading. So he will never see Pan's Labryinth or watch One Punch Man because of that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Current pet peeve: the comments under every youtube music video that go HURRR LISTEN AT 1.25 and 0.5 SO GOOD. Listen to the loving music or make your own at whatever speed you like you cunts.

Doesn't help that I use youtube only for music anymore. I need to reinstall that comment blocker I used to have.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

"THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER OMG WHY DON'T YOU LOVE IT?"
You have my sympathy. I've never watched Fight Club because a friend at college kept nagging me to, to the extent he put the video in my bag. It stayed in their for a month before he got the hint. I'm sure Fight Club is a perfectly good film, I just had stuff I wanted to watch/do more, and I hate being nagged into something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I haven't watched Fight Club in a long while but I'm pretty sure it hasn't aged gracefully. The book certainly has aged spectacularly badly. I keep thinking of it as a frame narrative for the Anarchist's Cookbook.