Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I'm pretty sure all mods break achievements, but if you are going survival i would highly recommend the less grenade spam and/or molotov change parts of arbitration unless you super like dying completely beyond your control constantly in the early game. Better combat AI is also pretty solid but there might be a better version of the same concept by now somewhere.

Using some sort of weapon rebalance mod is also worthwhile because the weapon balance in vanilla is piss imo, but those are all super easy and safe to take in and out deep into a playthrough so maybe just see if it bugs you that the combat rifle is the best and there is no reason to use anything else first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Lawman 0 posted:

I've already sussed out that the game is pretty easy so I'm gonna bump it up to survival. :v:
Any other ideas? I mostly want a vanilla+ experience unless it will break achievements or something.

This is a mod that will re-enable achievements: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/

It does require the script extender, so I it really depends on whether or not you want to set that up as well.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there a mod that gives me the drugged/drunk greetings all the time? I know the obvious solution is to just get drunk all the time but beyond that.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
There is an incredibly frustrating bug in the latest sim settlements where maintenance costs remain even when all power sources and defense turrets are removed. I have several completely empty settlements that are still draining 16 caps a day. Does anyone know of a way to reset these values?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Double Agent posted:

This is a mod that will re-enable achievements: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/

It does require the script extender, so I it really depends on whether or not you want to set that up as well.

Here's one that doesn't require F4SE:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15639/

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

horse mans posted:

There is an incredibly frustrating bug in the latest sim settlements where maintenance costs remain even when all power sources and defense turrets are removed. I have several completely empty settlements that are still draining 16 caps a day. Does anyone know of a way to reset these values?

Player.additem f 16 once per day :v:

In all seriousness that sucks and I'd report the bug. but I'd question whether or not it's worth bothering troubleshooting when it's pretty simple to negate the problem through other means.

Although now I'm curious to see if anyone has automated console commands beyond batch files which really don't count.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Player.additem f 16 once per day :v:

In all seriousness that sucks and I'd report the bug. but I'd question whether or not it's worth bothering troubleshooting when it's pretty simple to negate the problem through other means.

Although now I'm curious to see if anyone has automated console commands beyond batch files which really don't count.

Isn't an automated console command basically what a script is? Is there an easy way to just add those to your game?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

It's finally here, what we've all been waiting for:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23109

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Terrorforge posted:

Isn't an automated console command basically what a script is? Is there an easy way to just add those to your game?

Yeah, it'd be super trivial to script in papyrus I was just more going for laziest option possible, which packaging a script into a esp is not

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Almost thought that was The Mask.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:yeah:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to force the player camera to run animations? Kinda like how an idle animation plays that makes the camera circle your character or dialogue camera positioning or vats camera animations. I assume this is either in CAMS, CPTH, or something else, but whenever I try to manually trigger an existing one from a script nothing happens.

I figured this in console would do something but nope:
code:
cgf “Game.StartDialogueCameraOrCenterOnTarget” player;
cgf “Game.PlayEventCamera” 89e40 player;
(89e40 is a random CAMS that I expected would do something)

My goal is to force the camera into a birds eye view of the area using console or papyrus

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Schubalts posted:

Almost thought that was The Mask.

Me, a Ninja Turtle.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I decided to add Start Me Up to my modlist because I don't feel like continuing the saved game I started eons ago but also don't want to play through the pre-war crap again. I go to the terminal in the vault to set my stats, and it won't let me exit without entering a name. Problem is, I can't figure out how to enter my character name, either with keyboard or controller.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Can I find a guide anywhere to making a weapon megapack, i.e. not just one that merges existing mods, but totally repackages them, with the ability for me to tweak the leveled lists and stats? Ditto for clothing. I'd like to start a Horizon playthrough, but I also like an absurd amount of variety in my game.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

taiyoko posted:

So I decided to add Start Me Up to my modlist because I don't feel like continuing the saved game I started eons ago but also don't want to play through the pre-war crap again. I go to the terminal in the vault to set my stats, and it won't let me exit without entering a name. Problem is, I can't figure out how to enter my character name, either with keyboard or controller.

I've run into this, I just used the mouse to click on the "E) Back" prompt on the terminal interface, and then it let me type in my name and allocate my SPECIAL in the popup menu.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gonna test these mods out that I grabbed.
Let's see if I crash :thunk:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Does anybody know of a mod that does something with the pre-war food? Because I never use it for anything currently (not when I'm hip-deep in rad stag steaks) and I'd love to do something with it like combine cram, dog food, and wheat into pre-war hotdogs.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Horizon let's you turn it into fertilizer and has a bunch of recipes that use old world food. Sim Settlements let's you use it to stock your settlements up on food. And the Slocum Joe's Creation Club thing uses some too, definitely Sugar Bombs to make donuts, but off the top of my head I can't remember if it uses anything else.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

MadPierrot posted:

Can I find a guide anywhere to making a weapon megapack, i.e. not just one that merges existing mods, but totally repackages them, with the ability for me to tweak the leveled lists and stats? Ditto for clothing. I'd like to start a Horizon playthrough, but I also like an absurd amount of variety in my game.

MergePlugins.exe, xedit.exe, finally Archive2.exe found in tools fallout 4 folder. other two, google. then clumsily flail around a bit. have fun. that's a good enough guide.
(I just started with xedit, merge plugins is like luxury, on the other hand, its not perfectly perfect, so expect plenty of xedit fiddling with results, finally, and I am sure you kept a tally of what you merged, yeah? all of the stuff you mergeds files, like textures, meshes etc, (apart from bodyslide stuff). unpack into relevant folders somewhere, and finally make into "mlpglowingismagic - textures, and mlpblablabla - misc.ba2)

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 20, 2018

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've finally finished killing those lovely bag pants and boots on Preston's duster and the Minutemen General armor. My mission is complete.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30601
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21081

It snowballed A BIT, but I'm glad to be free of the drat things. I always hated them.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

SeanBeansShako posted:

Pack Attack NPC Edition brings the AI from the mod that made NPC dogs of the game work together in packs and brings it to the raiders and soldiers of the Commonwealth. Now they work together better in attempting to stalk you down and kill you.

SSK Combat Stalkers randomly spawns hostiles NPC akin to the players level and gives them something challenging and extra to fight in the Commonwealth. Hostiles will hide and ambush, stalk, or chase depending on your actions.

Tried these two - Pack Attack first, seems interesting as long as the enemies get a chance to maneuver; clearing outside Corvega, the raiders were actually flanking and poo poo, and moving out to try and hunt me when I started sniping from the building with the truck wreck on the upper floor.

Just threw SSK on tonight, ran the enemies up to 3-6 at a time, turned off all notifications :getin:... and kind of forgot because I was doing fiddly settlement poo poo at Mirelurk. Finish up and go over to the Annihilator Sentry Bot spawn (nobody home), turn around and

OH HI THERE

Assaultron Dominator
Legendary Assaultron Invader
and a Legendary Colonel Gutsy

A quick experiment in how well the shotshell version of the Handmade Revolver works against bots, and back to Mirelurk for a couple minutes. Leave there, start heading towards the church at Hyde Park, and who comes clanking up?

Legendary Protectron Guardian

:ninja: Guess that one couldn't keep up with the rest. But, game time was 0400, pouring rain, so I headed to Jamaica Plain to nap 'til dawn.

OHSHI

Wake up to at least three Institute goons standing over me - one Courser for sure, one that might have been a Rogue Courser from the Fusion Gun mod (which would mean he has one and this is gonna hurt) and one that might just be a synth - and that's where the game crashed. (Not blaming that mod, it's my usual FO4 freeze.)

tl;dr - SSK Combat Stalkers is wonderful, murder will await you everywhere

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So something I'm not clear about in Sim Settlements - RotC - one of the introduction videos mentioned that if you don't donate scrap to your settlements they will slowly collect it over time, but in my game they don't seem to be doing this - the % scrap collected only ever goes up when I personally dump scrap into the supply safe. Do I need to do something to make this happen?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So something I'm not clear about in Sim Settlements - RotC - one of the introduction videos mentioned that if you don't donate scrap to your settlements they will slowly collect it over time, but in my game they don't seem to be doing this - the % scrap collected only ever goes up when I personally dump scrap into the supply safe. Do I need to do something to make this happen?

The % scrap is the % you've donated. A city plan can upgrade without any donations at all - as long as there's enough in the workbench, which settlers will feed into at random and pull out and use at random. Donated food and beverages work the same way - settlers will run that down in preference to pulling random stuff from the workbench to address their shortfalls.

(Yes, there is a soft cap on scrap collection per settlement; however, most of the Industrial plots are structured to ignore that check. I believe it still will affect casual scrap gathering, so you're probably better off donating.)

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Combat Stalker update - welp, I suspect that crash happened when writing a save, which was corrupted; absolutely could not finish loading that encounter, and rolling back to the previous save did not reproduce that encounter. (Got a hit team of Deathclaws up by the South Boston checkpoint instead. :(

Mod made up for it when I finally got near Diamond City - Gunners. Specifically:

1x Brigadier
1x Commander in full X-01 armor and using a Stealth Boy
2x Legandary Gunner w/Stealth Boy

Can't wait until I get a nice hit squad after me, somewhere that will be entertaining to kite them through. :getin:

Edit: having so much fun I just outed this parachute account, too. :suicide:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Welp, thought I'd gotten FO4 broken entirely - finally gotten around to visiting the Institute, got inside, defase Father with the Widow shotgun, ran back and forth between his rooms and the teleporter murdering the syths they named after me (Synth Eradicator :unsmigghh:) and using the Problem Solver to bust caps through the glass elevator at everyone running around the atrium. (Weaponsmith Extended-modded for "penetrates everything" .50AE and electrical-shock rounds.)

Aaaaand the Network Scanner holotape doesn't work. As in, it's not even registering being inserted. :argh:

So, multiple reloads - changing the Signal Interceptor control panel to be closer to the platform, in case it was too far for the tape to be accurately transferred; letting Father shut down Shaunbot before killing him; listening to all Father's horseshit and refusing before killing him; agreeing to join the Institute and getting the door unlocked before killing him. ("I brought you into this world, and by god I can take you out.")

Turns out to (possibly) not be mod-related after all! If you carry around every holotape like a two-legged jackdaw, the game might not "see" the quest item in question. Dump all the excess tapes and poo poo works.

IT JUST WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK(crash to desktop)

Of course, Maxson immediately gives me lip for *doing his loving job for him* and wiping out the majority of the robosexuals, and I gave serious thought to whipping the Widow out again...

Meanwhile, Combat Stalkers keeps delivering - I'm getting multiple-legendary Deathclaw hit squads chasing me, Forged are popping up way the gently caress out of Saugus, and I finally got another Synth spawn - Legendary Courser, generic Synth troopers and the fancy-outfit one was a Synth Commander. (One of whom dumped a relay grenade as they died, so add in a few more scrub-tier shitbots.)

Pity that Far Cry 5 is about to unlock, might have to split my time between the two games.

(Console-forcing the quests did not fix scanner issue, and without completing the scanner quest, the main-quest one woild not complete, and you were trapped in the Institute, even with Li's Courser Chip upgrade. Consoling out still left you unable to fast travel.)

(Still having an issue with the Warwick Sewage Farm recruitment quest - supposed to clear the Gwinnett restaraunt and brewery of Super Mutants, but I'd already done that way earlier. Apparently, some of the targets for that mission are over at the construction site across from the fishpacking/drug-cooking plant, but killing everything in all locations still fails. And to top it off, while the quest is still in my list, it doesn't show when doing "sqt" or "sqo" in console. I suspect it's the named Super Mutant from the Gwinnett restraunt from my initial visit, but I disremember the name, and the corpse is long gone so I can't resurrect the easy way. (Had to do that with the Synth Commander at Mahkra for a Railroad mission, beforen it would complete, and a Raider at the Air Force monitoring station for some other quest.))

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I'd like to present my visual argument for a total conversion: "Fallout 4: Arrakis".

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
So a friend linked me f4nv.com and when I try to apply it gives me a "no hash found" error for my discord name. I'm so sad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Namaer posted:

It's finally here, what we've all been waiting for:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23109

I.... kind of love this.

I can't get the idea of a fukkin pony with Nick's voice out of my head.

Actually it might be even better if it was only Nick that looked like that and nobody ever references it at all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97Ja0jhVDQ

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does the thread have a consensus opinion on Frost?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Does the thread have a consensus opinion on Frost?

Not sure it's possible to have a consensus on such a polarizing mod. It's good if you're into brutal survival stuff, bad if you're not.

I'm not kidding about the brutality, either. We're not talking tough but fair, FROST runs on straight up instadeath bullshit. Some people are into that I guess, but it got to me even though I'm otherwise a glutton for punishment and otherwise way into what FROST is selling.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

e: quote is not edit

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Terrorforge posted:

Not sure it's possible to have a consensus on such a polarizing mod. It's good if you're into brutal survival stuff, bad if you're not.

I'm not kidding about the brutality, either. We're not talking tough but fair, FROST runs on straight up instadeath bullshit. Some people are into that I guess, but it got to me even though I'm otherwise a glutton for punishment and otherwise way into what FROST is selling.

I personally found it to be a bit boring. After you sort of get survival under control there's essentially nothing to do other than follow the vague Gilgamesh story.

If you're any good at stabbing flying ferals in the face as they lunge past you, they become XP pinatas, fungal purges are easy to get ahold of if you clear out all the glowing fungus you come across so even radiation isn't that big a deal. I got to about level 20 and got bored after having a fairly large stockpile of everything and not having enough interest in following the clues.

MxR has a big "horror" Frost mod pack list that might be a cool option to go with. Tons of environment mods on top of the recommended additional mods that Naugrim lists with Frost in the first place, along with some just general "makes it scary" type things

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Running Fallout 4 for the first time in months (on PS4), I find that my mods are all disabled. How the hell am I supposed to know what mods I was using on my save file?

E: I hate the console mod interface with a passion.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 9, 2018

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Does anyone use the mod Pack Attack?

The description sounds great but I'd prefer a second or third opinion before I add scripts with a mod I may not end up keeping.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Erd posted:

The description sounds great but I'd prefer a second or third opinion before I add scripts with a mod I may not end up keeping.

It has some issues, it's still in really active development. I've installed 4 versions in the last two weeks, and had to use fallrim once to scrub scripts, and console commands to make my Brahmin stop being more hostile than ferals.

If I could remove it without corrupting my saves I would, just because it's not quite ready.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Erd posted:

I was using it for a little while (and then added the Combat Stalkers mod from earlier in the thread) and it seemed OK, enemies were differently stupid in any event. Corvega raiders were better about not just camping the roofline when getting sniped from the truck-wreck building across (below) the freeway, and they didn't just swarm out in the open when I was up top of the big-sphere tower.

Didn't get too much playtime with it, since Far Cry 5 dropped and I was kinda burning out on FO4 by that point anyway. I expect I'll drop it into my next run, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a miss for now.

So I stopped playing when the creation club came out and hosed up all my saves, but I recently decided to untangle my mods and get around to the dlc's I haven't finished. I reinstall the game, install the latest version of mod organizer (2.1.1) and added about 100 mods. The game crashes after about a second, before the titles come up. I try from the plain launcher, loads fine, I try f4seloader in the directory, loads fine. I try disabling every mod and loading in mod organizer, it crashes? Normally this kind of crash means missing masters, but without any mods loaded should that be the case? I'm stumped.

Erd fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 11, 2018