Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Crow Jane posted:

I think he also expected widespread praise for the firing, and is Very Mad that he didn't get it.

The problem is that the man lives in his bubble of Fox News/twitter bots, and then when the rest of America says "what the actual gently caress" to anything insanely stupid he does, he thinks it's just the "mainstream media" angry with him. He also thinks his own approval ratings are much higher than 50% and all the polls besides Rasmussen lie.

He is a complete sheltered idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Collectively, the Mueller investigation is going to be the greatest legal smackdown in American history. The true question is whether our institutions are still intact enough to support it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. here comes saturday night massacare.

Isn't Saturday usually reserved for golfing and hanging out with the Mar-a-Lago pondscum? If he stayed in DC for once, something might be up for real

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Isn't Saturday usually reserved for golfing and hanging out with the Mar-a-Lago pondscum? If he stayed in DC for once, something might be up for real

Yeah he's a weekday prez, and he was very upset a few weeks ago he didn't get to attend his 1 year anniversary in MarGo.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

PhazonLink posted:

Yeah he's a weekday prez, and he was very upset a few weeks ago he didn't get to attend his 1 year anniversary in MarGo.

More of a four day a week president if you check the Trump Vacation Tracker:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/05/us/politics/tracking-trumps-visits-to-his-branded-properties.html

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Collectively, the Mueller investigation is going to be the greatest legal smackdown in American history. The true question is whether our institutions are still intact enough to support it.

Even if Mueller shows a tape that shows Trump and Putin sitting in Putin's office and Putin going, "Donnie Boy, you will help me destroy America" and Donald going "Sir yes sir", Trumpists would still find a way to defend him. They would say poo poo like "Donald was just playing him" or "Donald is actually the victim".

Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

enraged_camel posted:

Even if Mueller shows a tape that shows Trump and Putin sitting in Putin's office and Putin going, "Donnie Boy, you will help me destroy America" and Donald going "Sir yes sir", Trumpists would still find a way to defend him. They would say poo poo like "Donald was just playing him" or "Donald is actually the victim".

I agree. They will support him through literally anything.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

enraged_camel posted:

So?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

50% of the country garbage, so what

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/975027151744503810

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

What’s the point in removing Trump from power if I can’t make fun of my uncle after he admits Trump is bad?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It’s insane to me that “death penalty for drug dealers” isn’t even in the top 5 craziest poo poo for this infrastructure week. I remember a couple years back when trump’s top economic advisor left because of tariffs. Those were calmer times.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Well, we do have thousands of crisis actors on the payroll, stands to reason a couple of 'em could pass for Donnie and Vlad. I bet with Soros funding, the Lyin' Hollywood Libs could whip up a pretty good fake video

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

The trumpism is coming from inside your own house

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nachos posted:

It’s insane to me that “death penalty for drug dealers” isn’t even in the top 5 craziest poo poo for this infrastructure week. I remember a couple years back when trump’s top economic advisor left because of tariffs. Those were calmer times.

because it won't fly probaly. no prosecutor would go for it. sure trump wants durtare type street executions but even he is smart enough not to say that out loud.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Has rosenstein made a comment on McCabe's firing yet

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nachos posted:

It's horrific but until it's actually being discussed in some tangible way I think we've all just been conditioned to ration the outrage to the most immediate problem.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The trumpism is coming from inside your own house

i dont get it. what?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

The problem is that the man lives in his bubble of Fox News/twitter bots, and then when the rest of America says "what the actual gently caress" to anything insanely stupid he does, he thinks it's just the "mainstream media" angry with him. He also thinks his own approval ratings are much higher than 50% and all the polls besides Rasmussen lie.

He is a complete sheltered idiot.

he tweeted out a 45% rasmussen at one point. he doesn't seem to know what numbers mean.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

the death penalty for drug dealers isn't worth getting worked up about because it would get struck down by the courts in .2 seconds

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
People said the same poo poo about the wall guys.

Tatsuta Age posted:

The scenario that scares me is that Trump is pushed out or loses the 2020 election, but he refuses to step down. Or he steps down, but is constantly on twitter about it being a deep state conspiracy or starts Trump TV.

Remember the Tea Party Movement? Imagine that, but if John McCain was actively telling everyone who would listen that he was the legitimate president of the United States. Imagine a group who not only don't think the actual President is legitimate, but have a defeated leader agreeing with them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Deval Patrick killed toys r us. A shameful man.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

the death penalty for drug dealers isn't worth getting worked up about because it would get struck down by the courts in .2 seconds

nah, it's actually totally reasonable to get worked up over it because it means a large subset of society is going to start* screaming for the murder of petty criminals in the streets

*well, more so than now

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatsuta Age posted:

It's not close to 50%.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

Upcoming Chuck Tingle title: Domald Tromp Pounded In The Butt by His Irrational Insistence on Tweeting Incriminating Material

I guess I know what my next avatar will be.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Aves Maria! posted:

nah, it's actually totally reasonable to get worked up over it because it means a large subset of society is going to start* screaming for the murder of petty criminals in the streets

*well, more so than now

yeah people don't seem to get just because something is insane we gotta treat it like a serious thing because the president said it. arming teachers is so off the wall crazy i don't know where to begin but the media "has" to seriously discuss it because the president said it. pretty sure florida passed millions of dollars to fund training for armed teachers.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
So, Mueller 100% has to have some sort of contingency plan incase he gets sacked.. right?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It’s not 50%, but even 35% of the country living in an alternate universe is bad when it’s a group of highly engaged voters who turn out. I don’t know how democrats plan to maintain enthusiasm moving forward because I don’t see these fuckers going away after one election defeat.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

nachos posted:

It’s not 50%, but even 35% of the country living in an alternate universe is bad when it’s a group of highly engaged voters who turn out. I don’t know how democrats plan to maintain enthusiasm moving forward because I don’t see these fuckers going away after one election defeat.

our only hope is that the 35% keeps eroding as the worst of them die off

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
St Patrick's Day Massacre?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

People said the same poo poo about the wall guys.
The scenario that scares me is that Trump is pushed out or loses the 2020 election, but he refuses to step down. Or he steps down, but is constantly on twitter about it being a deep state conspiracy or starts Trump TV.

Remember the Tea Party Movement? Imagine that, but if John McCain was actively telling everyone who would listen that he was the legitimate president of the United States. Imagine a group who not only don't think the actual President is legitimate, but have a defeated leader agreeing with them.

Yeah, you either have Trump basically claiming victory, saying he did everything anyways so he didn't need a second term, or you have him going full Roy Moore, but on a national level, and without the pedophilia to get people to ignore him.

I really hope the special council solves this issue, because I don't need the nerves for that poo poo in 2020.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Can you even imagine how much more mushbrained Trump will be if he makes it to 2020?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/RepGoodlatte/status/975082014259994627

Well I don't think there's any chance of any kind of impeachment until November at the least (and even then, nearly impossible). He literally, as he is fond to say, could kill someone and not face any consequences.

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

Handsome Ralph posted:

The NYC field office definitely was/is Trumpland but the thing people keep forgetting when they post that the FBI tends to lean conservative, is that while that's true, institutional loyalty tops party loyalty with a lot of these guys every loving time.

maybe in a different timeline. In this timeline trump supporters have lost their loving minds.

To give you an idea my facebook page has female trumpists 45years of age gloating about McCabe being fired. And how the rest of the fbi will soon get whats coming to them.

this means if Trump pulls a saturday massacre to get to Mueller his base is primed and ready to cheer him on. And by extension the GOP will do nothing

We just have to survive until we can take congress

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

Trump TV was always his end goal. He didn't actually expect to become president, and it was reported that on election night when he realized he was going to win, for a moment he was genuinely surprised.

Make no mistake though, Peter Thiel contributed to his campaign because the idea was to found a new ultra-conservative media conglomerate that would constantly poo poo on President Hillary by keeping alive old conspiracy theories and inventing new ones and automatically appeal to 30-40% of America, and have Thiel sit in on the board (probably as chairman) and use it as a venue to push his own libertarian goals.

Would it have succeeded? Maybe. Will it succeed when Trump is kicked out in 2020 and starts it? Yes, almost certainly.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

i dont get it. what?

You need to let go of some paralyzing fear that everyone needs to shape their words and actions based on what a maximal "trumpist" might do. At some point the only guy saying the stuff is yourself. Trump is not nearly as great as you seem to think he is, his support is not magical. He's got less fans than basically any other president in history.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

canepazzo posted:

He literally, as he is fond to say, could kill someone and not face any consequences.

Why?

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

Paracaidas posted:

Worth noting that this is his personal attorney. Even if firing Mueller were to trigger impeachment, it would likely stop the investigations into the Trump Organization. Given that it looks like things are rolling down that path, an outcome that is solely impeachment would be the best plausible outcome for Trump.

hasnt enough been discovered that even after impeachment the russian money laundering investigation can continue?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

thewalk posted:

hasnt enough been discovered that even after impeachment the russian money laundering investigation can continue?

Can, sure. Will? Who the gently caress knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/RepGoodlatte/status/975082014259994627

Well I don't think there's any chance of any kind of impeachment until November at the least (and even then, nearly impossible). He literally, as he is fond to say, could kill someone and not face any consequences.

because some dipshit in the house says some poo poo? its the house.

• Locked thread