Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Welp, there goes my free time once it's out. My poor fiancee is going to hate me before long with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So which Orochi was numbered wrong here?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

using DW8 as a base. hahaha

Don't you dare gently caress this up Koei

Isn’t it normal for Orochi games to be one step behind Dynasty Warriors games, though? I seem to remember Orochi 3 being a little behind the times for using DW7 as a base.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

Orochi 2 here was Orochi Maou Sairan or something there, since it was just Orochi 1.5.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

PureRok posted:

What we know as Orochi 2 was Musou Orochi Maou Sarin in Japan.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I honestly don't know where they could take it from here since the ending to 3: Ultimate was pretty final, but I'm not going to turn away another entry because of that. I just hope whatever crazy-rear end justification they go with is cool as hell.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

A Bystander posted:

I honestly don't know where they could take it from here since the ending to 3: Ultimate was pretty final, but I'm not going to turn away another entry because of that. I just hope whatever crazy-rear end justification they go with is cool as hell.

This is what I'm most excited about tbh. Or maybe they'll just reboot it. I'd be fine with that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Darth Walrus posted:

Isn’t it normal for Orochi games to be one step behind Dynasty Warriors games, though? I seem to remember Orochi 3 being a little behind the times for using DW7 as a base.

DW7 and WO3 came out in the same year.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So apparently the new Attack on Titan game is pretty good? Anyone here played it?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's not out til next week, I've seen people streaming it though so the street date probably got broken.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I thought the original was pretty ok, so I'm not terribly surprised the sequel is good still.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The main additions to Titan 2 is a character creator and alternate paths that let you rescue dead canon teammates.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Tae posted:

The main additions to Titan 2 is a character creator and alternate paths that let you rescue dead canon teammates.

Most importantly is playable Daz!

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Neat. I need to remember to not jump on this until they release Orochi 4 Ultra Miracle Fighting Edition, though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Chachi posted:

Neat. I need to remember to not jump on this until they release Orochi 4 Ultra Miracle Fighting Edition, though.
smh if you're not buying the original, hyper, and ultimate versions

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Chachi posted:

It is entirely possible that it sucks and craters and ends up being the only edition released.

Not something I want to happen, mind.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

What we know as Orochi 2 was Musou Orochi Maou Sarin in Japan.
They're doing this on purpose now aren't they?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Confirmed for US release this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPJdLnXfI4

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Orochi is the last of the "battlefield control" warriors games and I pray it continues

Edit: I can't wait to see what new character chumps lu bu to prove their badassery

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hosed up that ill probably play Orochi 4 before DW9 solely because of the inclusion of coop.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5PbO2_rAY

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

oh my god it even has the music

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dang!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

drat

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Good lord someone please provide context to that glorious trailer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo that's amazing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

abagofcheetos posted:

Good lord someone please provide context to that glorious trailer.

It's an official movie being made in China, due out next year.

Director: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3469952/

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's an official movie being made in China, due out next year.

Director: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3469952/

I can't wait!!!!!!!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm super duper excited.

Edit: One of the comments when translated using google translate is "Is it an open world?" :)

PureRok fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 20, 2018

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Though apparently people aren't liking it? Trailer's got a lot of dislikes for some reason.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've got a Taiwanese friend who is just so over Dynasty Warriors and just prefers normal Ro3K now, dunno if that has anything to do with it

PureRok posted:

Edit: One of the comments when translated using google translate is "Is it an open world?" :)

lmao

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Drakenel posted:

Though apparently people aren't liking it? Trailer's got a lot of dislikes for some reason.

Everyone seems to be sour on Dynasty Warriors 9 and thinks the movie is going to be terrible, despite the fact that Chinese movies of this nature are generally amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

might also be right-wing types who are mad that there's a chinese-produced movie about chinese history being made in service to a japanese franchise/company

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

might also be right-wing types who are mad that there's a chinese-produced movie about chinese history being made in service to a japanese franchise/company

:thunk:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Takoluka posted:

Everyone seems to be sour on Dynasty Warriors 9 and thinks the movie is going to be terrible, despite the fact that Chinese movies of this nature are generally amazing.

I dunno man. My friends and I watched Red Cliffs and assumed everyone in the movie was extremely high.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Drakenel posted:

I dunno man. My friends and I watched Red Cliffs and assumed everyone in the movie was extremely high.

Maybe they were!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I was going to pick up WO3 because it finally went down in price, but maybe I'll just wait for 4 now?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Musou energy as a plot point. Hmm.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bloodly posted:

Musou energy as a plot point. Hmm.

Given how it's acquired in the games, Zhang Fei should be overflowing with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Never played an orochi game, are they the same as a warriors game but with all the franchises in one?