Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

precision posted:

The Gift went up on Netflix and totally owns if you're a fan of movies like Creep. Stars Joel Edgerton and Jason Bateman.

It made Joel Edgerton a filmmaker to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Field Mousepad posted:

300 is still dope after all these years.

drat straight

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I adore 300 with every inch of my human being. So perfect.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Every time I see The Gift I keep thinking people mean Gift by Perry Farrell & Jane's Addiction that was funded by Warner Brothers and may or may not be on YouTube and may or may not include a scene of Perry having sex with his "dead" girlfriend shortly after a heroin OD.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

CelticPredator posted:

I adore 300 with every inch of my human being. So perfect.

I just jogged to it over the course of two days and I’ve never felt more ashamed for being born a weak goon and not an ubermensch Spartan :/

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Cosmic Horror-ish OR good psychological horror movie ala Jacob's Ladder or The Tenant on Netflix?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I just jogged to it over the course of two days and I’ve never felt more ashamed for being born a weak goon and not an ubermensch Spartan :/

Everytime I watch it I'm like "yeah I'm gonna start working out again and get abs and poo poo!" then I drink two beers and fall asleep.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Field Mousepad posted:

Everytime I watch it I'm like "yeah I'm gonna start working out again and get abs and poo poo!" then I drink two beers and fall asleep.

I’d even settle for being a poncy Athenian with a shameful six pack!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Gift is a really, really, off-kilter and creepy film.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The Gift is a really, really, off-kilter and creepy film.

Hell yes it is. Joel Edgerton is such a creepy gently caress in that movie, it’s so unsettling.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm sure I'm not the fist person to point this out but I just realized the Gift is basically What About Bob.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sure I'm not the fist person to point this out but I just realized the Gift is basically What About Bob.

Ahahaha. That's the first time I've seen that but it works.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

oh poo poo lmao you're right

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Every time I see The Gift I keep thinking people mean Gift by Perry Farrell & Jane's Addiction that was funded by Warner Brothers and may or may not be on YouTube and may or may not include a scene of Perry having sex with his "dead" girlfriend shortly after a heroin OD.

It's definitely on YouTube and it's amazing. Used to pass around VHS copies of that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’d even settle for being a poncy Athenian with a shameful six pack!

Even the worst 6 pack is still a 6 pack :downs:

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Just finished up Nailed It. Thought it was good, but one thing. One of the intro promos showed Ron Ben-Israel being the guest judge but he never showed up. Not cool, show!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Jesus I don’t watch reality shows (unless food type ones count), but I just went down the Terrace House blackhole. Never heard of it, but for someone reason Netflix told me to watch the new season. Well I did and for some strange reason I liked it. Now I’ve discovered there are other seasons (under different sub names) on Netflix.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Just finished up Nailed It. Thought it was good, but one thing. One of the intro promos showed Ron Ben-Israel being the guest judge but he never showed up. Not cool, show!

I hope that means they have other episodes already filmed. I need more. Still I’m not sure if anything could beat the pirate doughnut or Trump cake.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I haven't laughed as hard as I did when they revealed that final Trump cake in a long time.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Wild wild country lives up to its name. Documentary about a cult in Oregon in the 80’s, wife and I binged it yesterday because it just gets darker and darker.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

nate fisher posted:

Jesus I don’t watch reality shows (unless food type ones count), but I just went down the Terrace House blackhole. Never heard of it, but for someone reason Netflix told me to watch the new season. Well I did and for some strange reason I liked it. Now I’ve discovered there are other seasons (under different sub names) on Netflix.

I hope that means they have other episodes already filmed. I need more. Still I’m not sure if anything could beat the pirate doughnut or Trump cake.

My boyfriend was in the bathroom when they revealed grandma’s pirate donut. I paused it, rewound it, and might have laughed even harder the second time due to his reaction.

The one thing I think is lame is that the person who failed the hardest in round one doesn’t get booted before round 2.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Wild Wild Country is bonkers so far, in a good way.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The shape of water is out on streaming. Five minutes in I guess the shape of it is whatever you fingerblast it to be.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
The Ritual

Wow.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alterian posted:

I haven't laughed as hard as I did when they revealed that final Trump cake in a long time.

All of that woman's nightmare faces were incredible

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Alterian posted:

That final Trump cake

I don't mean to spoil poo poo, but if you guys are on the fence about this show:
https://i.imgur.com/bVOAHe4.jpg

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

fishtobaskets posted:

I don't mean to spoil poo poo, but if you guys are on the fence about this show:
https://i.imgur.com/bVOAHe4.jpg

Hahaha, I never noticed the tiny hand on the original.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Finished Love and am sad that it was the last season. It was by far my favorite Netflix original.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Travelers is the superior body swap Sci fi show imo

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Frankenstein Chronicles S1 was good, but a bit too slow-burning for my tastes. It's really, really good, though, and you should watch it if you like red herring pie.

Just discovered that Netflix has Forensic Files. Haven't watched that since I was twenty. Gonna start on that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Alterian posted:

You knew it was going to be good just based on a couple of those sugar cookies portraits. Also got a good laugh with the cop and his shark cake.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Just discovered that Netflix has Forensic Files. Haven't watched that since I was twenty. Gonna start on that.

Forensic files is good stuff. Just fair warning, later seasons have some really gross crime scene/dead body photos they show.

‘Hashed brown potatoes’ will never not be funny in the narrator’s super-stern voice.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
For some reason Amazon keeps loving up choosing the next episode for The Tick. God, their interface is the worst.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Autoplay algorithms are weird, wild stuff man. The other night I got baked and fell asleep watching Match Game episodes from the 70s, and when I woke up it was playing a video called "2 hours of Paul Linde bitchy comments"

It was... frankly, great.

e: this was YouTube, obviously

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

precision posted:

Autoplay algorithms are weird, wild stuff man. The other night I got baked and fell asleep watching Match Game episodes from the 70s, and when I woke up it was playing a video called "2 hours of Paul Linde bitchy comments"

Yeah I was going to say the algorithm worked perfectly on that one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

Paul Lynde is the only reason to watch that show.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This is one of the best anecdotes from Gilbert Gottfried's podcast (I copy/pasted it from Wiki)

"On the May 9, 2016 episode of Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall told host Gilbert Gottfried a story that Wally Cox witnessed Lynde in the backstage dressing room for The Golddiggers dance team, and that Lynde said, “This place smells like pussy... I think.”"

edit: They don't make em like this anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkRsciX-gI

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 19, 2018

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Isn’t roger from American Dad based on that dude

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Any good, not excessively dramatized history documentaries about events at least 500 years in the past?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

Isn’t roger from American Dad based on that dude

yeah for sure

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
My wife and I just finished The Tick last week. I was fully prepared to call it my favorite show that I've ever seen right up until the last two-ish episodes. Apart from the ending feeling like it fizzled out a bit, the show is loving amazing and hilarious, and I can't recommend it enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is one of the best anecdotes from Gilbert Gottfried's podcast (I copy/pasted it from Wiki)

"On the May 9, 2016 episode of Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall told host Gilbert Gottfried a story that Wally Cox witnessed Lynde in the backstage dressing room for The Golddiggers dance team, and that Lynde said, “This place smells like pussy... I think.”"

edit: They don't make em like this anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkRsciX-gI

I loved him on Bewitched. This rules.