Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

trauma llama posted:

I’m going to get on in an hour or so. Will anyone be available to give me guild invite, tonight? Druid so I can probably port and run to you.

I'm sure someone can tag you as I've been giving pretty much everyone officer.

Also, please post your char's name with invite requests. Otherwise we can't find you. LOL

Edit: Also the Discord channel is a great place to ask for invites too: https://discord.gg/4XrG9h5

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260
So, is 22 a good level to start messing around in HHK as a dwarven cleric? I got super bored with Unrest and moved to Antonica a couple weeks ago, just kind of cruising around killing aviaks and the South Karana hermit for shits, and I’m currently parked near the HH ramp in East Karana ultra-casually farming spider silks for my last 8% of level 21.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I'd get to 23.5 or 24 in Highpass orc groups. Highkeep goblins will be a lot of waiting for group spots to open (until we can potentially nab the camp and hold it for guild).

Orc scalps stack and turn in to Captain Ashlan for exp and +Highkeep faction.

Left goblin ears are all you want to hoard if you level in Highkeep until 30+. I'll trade your level (x< 30) in plat per ear for the first hundred sold by new players with a guild tag.

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'd get to 23.5 or 24 in Highpass orc groups. Highkeep goblins will be a lot of waiting for group spots to open (until we can potentially nab the camp and hold it for guild).

Orc scalps stack and turn in to Captain Ashlan for exp and +Highkeep faction.

Left goblin ears are all you want to hoard if you level in Highkeep until 30+. I'll trade your level (x< 30) in plat per ear for the first hundred sold by new players with a guild tag.

Dang, sounds like a good deal! I’ll probably park myself here for a couple weeks, good looking out! If anyone is around the area I’d love to get all tagged up, charname is Slobad. I’ll probably be on weeknights next week and a bit this weekend. :)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Who needs Handmade backpacks? 10 slot 10% weight reduction

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I could use some (Braele), I'm at the rear end end of LFay right now though. Are you online now?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'm down for some on Zenjirou (MAXIMUM WEEB).

Toxx
Aug 25, 2002

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I could definitely use some. I’m using a few vendor backpacks and what is just called ‘a large box’. Also in the faydarky area.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I could definitely use some as well, yeah.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.
I don't know what it is about this game, but it still feels so much better than any other MMO that's ever been made. Even with the weird economy on P99, it's still exactly what I want in an MMO.

Joined the guild with my Shaman and Cleric, but at the moment I'm levelling a druid to 34 so I can port and make some money on the side when I don't have time to be on for long stretches. (Also, in all of the many years I've played this game, I've never levelled a porting class before.)

It's also the first time I've played a class that can charm, and while it's neat to do when it works, but it's still better to get into any kind of group unless I'm really missing something.

I want to get to 34 as fast as possible, so I'm thinking I'll go the standard route and just sit on lists and wait for groups if I have to. The way I remember it is like this:

1-9 Newbie area wherever you are (GFay or Qeynos hills are best since you get belts and fangs to turn in for exp)
10-14 Crushbone (Already did this and it was super quick)
14-19/20 Oasis at Crocs or the Highway
19/20-27 UGuk groups
27-34 HHK Goblins

I think those are going to be the easiest places to find groups and just push through to 34, am I missing anything?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Oasis is good if you just wanna chill in a group but the xp per kill is garbage there.

Unrest yard trash and main room, Kurn's, and upper guk all have better XP spots in that level range (ymmv on groups and trains).

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Oasis is good if you just wanna chill in a group but the xp per kill is garbage there.

Unrest yard trash and main room, Kurn's, and upper guk all have better XP spots in that level range (ymmv on groups and trains).

I absolutely despise Unrest, but you're right it would probably be faster if there was a good group.

I don't Remember UGuk camps starting that early, I'll have to look into that since I do like Guk. Thanks.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Just started up this again. It looks like I had a character from years ago that made it to Oasis, but I couldn't even move now. I had to fix hotkeys and all kind of stuff, but I don't recall if there was mouse-over information. I can't recall what my spells even do, which is better than the other, etc. Is this an option I can toggle on somewhere, or am I just thinking of other MMOs?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

DrSeRRoD posted:

Just started up this again. It looks like I had a character from years ago that made it to Oasis, but I couldn't even move now. I had to fix hotkeys and all kind of stuff, but I don't recall if there was mouse-over information. I can't recall what my spells even do, which is better than the other, etc. Is this an option I can toggle on somewhere, or am I just thinking of other MMOs?

Right click (and hold) most things for information, hover over the information window before releasing right click to retain that window. You should have mouse over information such as spell names; if you do not you have run into a bug that requires a full reboot to be fixed.

What spells, abilities and what not do is available on the wiki.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

Go to game options/display and “load skin” Duvai. Helps in a lot of small ways.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

wazu posted:

Yea, just downloaded this UI and set it up, so it was nice to see the spell names. I just have to remember how to play the game. Glad nothing around me was aggro when I logged in, but I see crocs walk right by me and got worried for a bit.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

wazu posted:

What client is that on? I'm running titanium and don't see a load skin option.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Hit "Alt + O" to bring up the options window. There should be a load skin option in there.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Well, started to play again after a 2 month break. What's a good place to chill solo as a almost 59 enchanter?

Could also use an invite to Unknown Guild on a rouge alt, Justs.

Edit: Joined the discord server.

Justaddwater fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 4, 2018

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Justaddwater posted:

Well, started to play again after a 2 month break. What's a good place to chill solo as a almost 59 enchanter?

Could also use an invite to Unknown Guild on a rouge alt, Justs.

Edit: Joined the discord server.

You could solo in the basement, North or West wings of Howling Stones. That's where I got to 60 on my enchanter. Alternatively, there is velks or, if your faction is good with the dragons, Western Wastes. For my money though I'd say you'd have a tough time beating Howling Stones.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

War Eagle posted:

I absolutely despise Unrest, but you're right it would probably be faster if there was a good group.

I don't Remember UGuk camps starting that early, I'll have to look into that since I do like Guk. Thanks.

if you want easy solo trash I always enjoyed charming animals and putting damage shields on them and killing harriers and avocets at KFC in south karana. sending waves of bull elephants and lions to their death.

or if you are not level 30 yet, then just charming griffawns and griffeens in north karana and getting the double xp by killing both when they get low hp.

if you liked the experience of casual grouping in Oasis, I might also suggest Lake of Ill Omen. Pretty easy to pull stuff the walls and to get larger sarnak fort groups going. This could lead to doing the giant fort in Frontier Mountains from 30ish to 34 and get pretty easy to get pick up groups in zone or by recruiting from neighboring Lake of Ill Omen and the Overthere.

edt. also several times while leveling in the giant fort, you will get someone in the group that knows their way through Droga to Nurga (or is it the other way around?) and that is a fun hour or so of just killing and moving, like a good old dungeon crawl game because usually you don't find people in those dungeons

No Luck Needed fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 7, 2018

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

No Luck Needed posted:

if you want easy solo trash I always enjoyed charming animals and putting damage shields on them and killing harriers and avocets at KFC in south karana. sending waves of bull elephants and lions to their death.

or if you are not level 30 yet, then just charming griffawns and griffeens in north karana and getting the double xp by killing both when they get low hp.

if you liked the experience of casual grouping in Oasis, I might also suggest Lake of Ill Omen. Pretty easy to pull stuff the walls and to get larger sarnak fort groups going. This could lead to doing the giant fort in Frontier Mountains from 30ish to 34 and get pretty easy to get pick up groups in zone or by recruiting from neighboring Lake of Ill Omen and the Overthere.

edt. also several times while leveling in the giant fort, you will get someone in the group that knows their way through Droga to Nurga (or is it the other way around?) and that is a fun hour or so of just killing and moving, like a good old dungeon crawl game because usually you don't find people in those dungeons

I’ve had s few pick up groups in Dalnir too. That’s a fun dungeon.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

trauma llama posted:

I’ve had s few pick up groups in Dalnir too. That’s a fun dungeon.

The Kunark dungeons are all really fun and it's a shame that the only ones that ever really see use is Kurns, Karnors, sometimes Chardok, CoM, and Seb. Howling Stones seems to be the land of soloers mostly. Droga, Nurga, and Crypt of Dalnir live in this weird ghetto of being lower level and hard to get to for non-iksar people.

anachron
Jan 23, 2004
Droga, Nurga and Dalnir are also full of shaman and caster mobs and living mobs that run at low HP

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The issues with Kunark lower level dungeons is multi-pronged:

1) Travel time to get to them
2) Tightly packed
3) Casters that gently caress you up gud
4) Had mobs that run which is bad when paired with #2 (this only applies to some of the dungeons)

This made them really loving hard to run PUGs in back in the day and now everyone is just avoiding them out of sheer inertia and/or the fact that they've never been there.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Don't several Kunark dungeons also tank your outpost rep? Pretty stupid imo.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Overthere is largely Venril Sathir faction which I always thought was funny because if you kill basically anything in Kunark your VS faction goes down.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Some goon told me that, as a Veeshan-worshipping bard, the outpost hates my guts by default. Also discovered there is no classic Veeshan cultural armor, which makes worshipping Veeshan worse than being agnostic in literally every way.

EverQuest.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Some goon told me that, as a Veeshan-worshipping bard, the outpost hates my guts by default. Also discovered there is no classic Veeshan cultural armor, which makes worshipping Veeshan worse than being agnostic in literally every way.

EverQuest.

*Psst* You don't have to worship Tunare to wear Mystic Koada'Dal Armor, which is what you want to wear as a bard anyways. https://wiki.project1999.com/Cultural_Tradeskills:_High_Elf

Unless, you did something silly like make a Human Bard.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Nah I'm a wood elf, but I doubt I'll be able to afford that stuff anytime soon.

Edit: if the p99 wiki is to be believed, the pieces aren't that expensive, but buying more than a few pieces would be out of my price range.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 8, 2018

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Nah I'm a wood elf, but I doubt I'll be able to afford that stuff anytime soon.

Edit: if the p99 wiki is to be believed, the pieces aren't that expensive, but buying more than a few pieces would be out of my price range.

Check out some of the components needed to craft the armors and bank them as you see them drop when you're leveling up (e.g. like essence of moonlights from MM.)

It's a lot cheaper to pay a crafter to attempt to make a piece than it is wholesale. Alternately, you could do some of the Lambent quests but some of those are a pain in the rear end.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

suuma posted:

Overthere is largely Venril Sathir faction which I always thought was funny because if you kill basically anything in Kunark your VS faction goes down.

One of the benefits to killing VP dragons is always being ally in OT.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dick Burglar posted:

EverQuest.

Bards are literally the only class that can worship Veeshan and they don't get dick for it except for -faction hits pretty much everywhere. I do think you start off non-KOS to the velious dragon factions though.

Kind of sucks that they had no dieity gear though, even Solusek Ro (who I think only Wizards and Bards could worship) gave an option for wizards to imbue fire emeralds for rings that gave a ton of +mana.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah, that's why I picked Veeshan--because it was a neat choice that nobody else can do. Turns out the reward for that is "gently caress you."

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

If you ever hit 60 faction song the ToV dragons and tell me if you are kos. Thanks!

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.
Hi, I'm on as Tewdrinter and would love an invite.

Update: Killed some bats, died to a roving orc pawn, got some silver from a nice pubbie, bought my enchanter pet, got a guild invite and a nice welcome present, hit level 2. I'm on my way!

Tewdrig fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 9, 2018

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Rolled an SK for funzies, Rysin. Will be my "nothin else is goin on may as well play the crap twink" dude.

Also add izrd and daaz for good times~

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

Anyone have a Jagged Chokidai Spine laying around? My barbarian rogue Gregarin has been parked in EC looking for one for a couple of days with no luck. :(

Looking for any other lowbie rogue crap too, I’ve got about 130p to burn.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I told a friend this, if you're a working goon with a job who doesn't live in his parents bassment, try checking for 5 minutes before you go to work. That's how I got my PWC after looking for a couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I told a friend this, if you're a working goon with a job who doesn't live in his parents bassment, try checking for 5 minutes before you go to work. That's how I got my PWC after looking for a couple days.

Yeah I’m going to keep trying, that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing. Although now I have to run back from Qeynos to get my corpse out of Befallen :argh: