Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Add me to the owns a Rolex club. I keep it in the safe because I rarely wear attire for which a $25k watch is logical or appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That’s how I feel about pizza from Gino’s East in Chicago. It’s been eight years since I had it and every pizza I have had since is judged against that pizza.

None have even come close.

Now I'm sad about pizza.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
My secret shame is that my daily life is not energetic to keep a fancy self-winding watch running.

Ironically, my fitness tracker has now become my daily wear instead of a watch.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If someone left me a Rolex, I'd sell it and buy a fast car. gently caress watches, it's 2018.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

You guys just made me go get my beat old $100 Citizen eco-drive out of my key tray and see if it's still holding time, since I haven't worn it since last year.

Aside from 1hr daylight savings difference, it is exactly accurate. God I love that watch. I even lost it for two years and when I finally found it in a pair of dress slacks, it started ticking right away after a few minutes in the sun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryrobots posted:

If someone left me a Rolex, I'd sell it and buy a fast car. gently caress watches, it's 2018.

For $25K you could get SO MANY miatas.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I used to sometimes get a cheap timex for a Christmas or birthday present when I was a kid and never used them for more than a day or two. I just never could stand the feeling of wearing a watch for some reason.

I'd carry a pocket watch sometimes, but eventually realized the world is covered with clocks and I usually don't really care what time it is anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been wearing the fitbit for the last year+ and it's reacclimated me to watches.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

angryrobots posted:

This. I mean I can kind of get not wanting to sell something that was left to you, on the other hand I really try not to accrue more stuff and I might not be poor but £25k would make life less stressful and I'm sure "be less stressed and give the kids more life experiences" would make a better inheritance than a watch I wouldn't wear (unused to watches), couldn't wear(would have to take it off all the time at work), wouldn't dare wear (A watch worth more than the average annual income in this country) and doesn't even keep good time.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It depends whether it means anything to you. If it doesn't, then sure, sell it. But if it does, it's $22k. That's £16k. Sure, I'd like to have that, but not at the expense of some kind of family heirloom that matters to me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I played PUBG with an AI lurker last night and I never really realized how much information a person can soak up without feeling the need to :justpost:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I am soaking up zero information from that post.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

Well, I'm definitely soaking something up

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cage posted:

He means he had a stalker in teamspeak.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nah not a stalker, just someone who knew all the forums superstars and what everyone was up to

I think he was big gay dick or something like that but I forget his username

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Nah not a stalker, just someone who knew all the forums superstars and what everyone was up to

I think he was big gay dick or something like that but I forget his username

Playing with a big gay dick? Didn't know you were on that team LOL

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

As a middle aged guy, Mrs and I are finally doing our official wills up this week. When my sister in law passed away intestate a couple years back, made me realize I never want to do that to anyone.

How many of you have wills, personal directives and power of attorney poo poo ready to go.....just in case?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Add me to the list of "really needs to get that done". Mostly so the kids needs will be provided for and everything can be liquidated as easily as possible and held in trust.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

slidebite posted:

As a middle aged guy, Mrs and I are finally doing our official wills up this week. When my sister in law passed away intestate a couple years back, made me realize I never want to do that to anyone.

How many of you have wills, personal directives and power of attorney poo poo ready to go.....just in case?

Doing that will force me to admit that I may die and I am planning on living forever.

Ironically, my lack of pension-planning has the exact inverse justification.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'll write a will when I have assets worth fighting over :v:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

The Door Frame posted:

I'll write a will when I have assets worth fighting over :v:

:same:

See also: my ambivalence about identity theft. Anyone who wants to steal my identity deserves to be cursed with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure my family will feud over my extensive comic book collection.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Super Troopers just gave the command to fire engines at the NASCAR race. I have no opinion on this.

E: This was followed by a Geico ad that featured a suburban couple using karate to chop firewood, while talking to a guy on a recumbent bicycle.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 18, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Keep in mind when you kick it, or are incapacitated, there is a lot more to affairs that need to be taken care of than just assets. My sister in law had meager assets, but gently caress me what a pain in the rear end to deal with poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a good point. My wife wants me to become an organ donor but gently caress that my poo poo stays in it's original package.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

slidebite posted:

Keep in mind when you kick it, or are incapacitated, there is a lot more to affairs that need to be taken care of than just assets. My sister in law had meager assets, but gently caress me what a pain in the rear end to deal with poo poo.

Care to elaborate? I've never had to deal with an estate so I honestly don't know.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

That's a good point. My wife wants me to become an organ donor but gently caress that my poo poo stays in it's original package.

But why? If your dead you don't need it, but someone else might.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm just playing off my comic book post man, I'm not serious.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Oh. Please excuse my sleep deprived self.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Fitness is one thing, it's when people wrap so far into it that they start being judgmental assholes to people who don't meet whatever level of fitness they think is appropriate.

If you don't take the stairs instead of the elevator you're lazy and should probably just die :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

slidebite posted:

I don't, but it's definitely been on my mind. I don't have anything of value, but power of attorney would be good, so would a living will.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

This x 1000

Wife and I need to update ours. I have a will from like 15 years ago, pre-her. She doesn't have one.

Probably should get that poo poo sorted.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

If you don't take the stairs instead of the elevator you're lazy and should probably just die :colbert:

With my back that's more likely on the stairs :v: legit without cbd I'd be a loving cripple or a junkie.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Any UK guys going to the Classic & Restoration show at the NEC?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Wrar posted:

But why? If your dead you don't need it, but someone else might.

My organs and blood are all useless, autoimmune diseases make me ineligible for donation.
I was an organ donor, but I had to withdraw after I got rejected by the bone marrow registry and they told me that despite the risks being minuscule for my specific condition, I shouldn't donate anything besides plasma

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

With my back that's more likely on the stairs :v: legit without cbd I'd be a loving cripple or a junkie.

A crippled junkie?

So you got your FL MM card huh? Good poo poo, best thing that's happened to me since I got crohns.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Door Frame posted:

My organs and blood are all useless, autoimmune diseases make me ineligible for donation.
I was an organ donor, but I had to withdraw after I got rejected by the bone marrow registry and they told me that despite the risks being minuscule for my specific condition, I shouldn't donate anything besides plasma
"I'm sorry sir, you're not even worth being broken for parts, we'd just put you on Craigslist (ran when parked, buyer collects)."

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

Good. That's the only way the curse can be contained, buried deep in the ground or burned to ash.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Any UK guys going to the Classic & Restoration show at the NEC?

Probably my little brother. I'm grabbing every weekend shift I can get away with at the moment so no ogling the Minors for me.

Morris. Morris Minors. Shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You might risk getting a woodie.

• Locked thread