Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Stormgale posted:

To do it properly wouldn't you need to shoot 5 documentaries then only release one, maybe give it a found footage vibe

The good news is it'd be cheap to film because instead of buying expensive sound equipment you just use the on-cam mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

Speaking of Channel Awesome drama. Lornekat, you are a good and kind mod and I commend you for having the superhuman patience that this thread requires but I always physically recoil when I see your name because my brain scrambles it into LordKat.

I've legit considered changing my name or inventing a time machine to go back and kick his dad really hard in the nuts.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Joesph. Joe. No. The fact that a crashed ship is close to the cannon that shot it down on a planet is not that big a deal. If it was further away, then you'd never find it and it basically wouldn't exist, so what's the point you're trying to make? That you'd rather they not tell the story of how the ship crashed into this planet? gently caress it's not even a big plot hole, they can have more than one big rear end cannon, there's nothing that says it's the only one. Same goes for other crashed ships, like c'mon, do you want this game to tell you a story or not?

TheMaestroso posted:

Oh god, I just remembered how Doug ruined that chat with some of the Animaniacs people by constantly cutting from them back to his mugging face reacting to nothing, so it comes off as incredibly forced and bad, because he has no idea how to have video of himself actually interacting with his guests OR how to edit it so that his stuff is audio-only and focus on the subjects (you know, like an interview).

That's probably his best video, too, if only because he's interviewing some actually funny people.

WampaLord posted:

His videos are still just as entertaining and informative as always. I think it's interesting to know that you can kill the giant fish in Subnautica, even if the game doesn't want you to. That says something about the game and the developer's intentions. If he hadn't ever tried, he wouldn't know.

It's weird, though, that he dismisses those intentions. Like, he explicitly says that he shouldn't be able to kill the fish, and I rolled my eyes pretty hard at that comment cause you know for a fact, if you couldn't kill them at all, he would complain about it. He doesn't expand the ability to kill the fish into a discussion of developer intentions, he damns them for it.

WampaLord posted:

Because being inundated with comments and messages about "YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE WHOLE GAME, SO YOU'RE WRONG" probably feels really lovely and he might also be rightly concerned that if enough people with that opinion stopped watching his videos, he would lose money and become less relevant.

If he's wrong and it turns out that his idea of completing a game fully before reviewing it pisses more people off than not, well, that's his mistake to make I guess.

At that point, is he playing and reviewing games for himself, or for his audience? Where do you draw the line at forming your own opinion, and forming an opinion that you think will resonate with your audience likes? And if that's the kind of audience he wants to have, then he's gonna have less of his own take on each game and more of his frustrations at trying to please some anonymous individual's sense of "correct reviewing".

gently caress the audience, you can never please a hundred thousand voices at once so just do it for yourself.

Kim Justice posted:

...Anyone know if Angry Joe's said much? Dunno how much he's still associated with CA. It's commonly said that Blistered Thumbs was his baby and he worked his arse off on it with barely any support from the Walkers/Mike, so I wonder if he's got his own thoughts on the matter.

I would be shocked if Joe weighed in on this. He tends to keep his head low around drama and comes off like he lives under a rock.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 18, 2018

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Disproportionation posted:

You forgot to mention that she had to come in to work while recovering from surgery to be told that she was fired.

Yup. Of all the morally reprehensible things they've done, that's in the top of the list. It probably moved up a spot now that she's also mention that they made her work literally every single day, even Christmas (even though Doug is I loving LOVE CHRISTMAS man)-- for the sole purpose of posting videos at AN EXACT TIME.

Even though they had software to schedule that.

It is too bad it's all coming out now, since any sort of job-action claim in IL needs to be done in something like 2 years. And since it's an "at will" state (rant about America being insane here), there's no such thing as "wrongful dismissal". But I'm sure making her work 24/7/265 was against SOME labor laws.

I still haven't heard anything from CA as to *WHY* she was fired. I'm sure there's some excuse about "poor performance and We're Please To Announce", but I'm sure that's bullshit. Either they wanted to stop paying her-- or due to her position, she was close enough to the accounting info to have spotted any irregularities (even if it was just asking Dough "Hey, why does Mushhead draw that big of a salary?") See early comments about financial misdoings.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

gently caress the audience, you can never please a hundred thousand voices at once so just do it for yourself.

What if he is doing it for himself? What if that's just how he likes to review things?

I honestly don't get the hate that seems to have spawned for him all of a sudden when the videos basically seem the same to me. He was just as pedantic before when it came to stuff like Uncharted.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Speaking of Holly:

Her and the person in charge of the @Unawesomes twitter account (https://twitter.com/Unawesomes) has taken up Allison's call to #ChangeTheChannel. (Background on that account below).

From the sounds of it, they're looking to become a creator's hub. Send them a link to The Thing You Made (anything, not just videos-- doesn't violate Twitter TOS-- they retain right to refuse to post anything for any reason) and they'll tweet it out. Mission seems to be a way to connect creators and audience who might not otherwise find each other. There's a Google Doc with a FAQ: https://t.co/txJxovIGPl

--

Background (drawn from The Tree of Many Branches of gently caress Channel Awesome): @tgwtg way-back-when was a fan-run Twitter that was the official unofficial TGWTG channel. Obviously everyone there is technically braindead, so didn't understand social media. A fan took it upon themselves to make video and news announcements via the channel. It got about 80k followers. It's the account Doug got his "Ebert tweeted at me" Tweet from.

Once day Mushhead decides "We need a twitter we control create @ChannelAwesome).

@twgtg person says "Uh, how about I just give you the @TGWTG account, you change the name, and, y'know, keep those 80k followers". But since Mushhead is a loving egotistical fucknut who refuses to believe any else can succeed, he didn't do that, and said he'd be deleting @TGWTG. Fan-person very upset, since they cultivated that account and made friends & connections, etc.

Insert a bunch of stuff here, and effectively, the fan took the channel back, changed the name to @Unawesomes, and kept it. CA called it a "hack".

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Because he's actively seeking out open-world games and ruining them for himself by playing like someone with OCD. Then he spends 60 minutes of his videos going through it as 'critique'. It's crazy, it'd be like reviewing Assassins Creed on the collection of the achievement flags. 75% of his Super Mario Odyssey is spent hammering down a point he made in the first five minutes, there are a lot of moons. Whatever legitimate faults he finds (seriously who shipped the islands in Subnautica) get drowned out in this insane pursuit of inane nonsense.

His videos were always meticulously detailed but they're growing increasingly pedantic as of late.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 18, 2018

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

What if he is doing it for himself? What if that's just how he likes to review things?

... then good for him? You're the one who brought up the audience as influencing his reviews. Are you just being contrary?

WampaLord posted:

I honestly don't get the hate that seems to have spawned for him all of a sudden when the videos basically seem the same to me. He was just as pedantic before when it came to stuff like Uncharted.

I don't hate his videos, he raises good points, like the poor performance of the game at launch is the same as it's been in years of early access, that's something to get pissed about, or the way inventory has obvious ways to streamline that should have been used, that's a good point.

But then he spends a quarter of an hour talking about "plot holes" and it's like, no? Basically everything he has issue with is a non-issue at best, and it comes off as constructing problems the game doesn't actually have because he wants to engage with the plot but can only nitpick at it. It speaks to being unfamiliar with story conventions and therefore a lot of talking out of his rear end.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
ultimately the issue is the criticism says more about him than it does the piece, if criticism is the pursuit of greater understanding of art he's failing at it pretty miserably

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

cat doter posted:

ultimately the issue is the criticism says more about him than it does the piece, if criticism is the pursuit of greater understanding of art he's failing at it pretty miserably

https://twitter.com/jph_anderson/status/975194805885177856

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Ugggh.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

There is literally no way to word that sentence in a way that doesn't make it sound bad.

Joseph...STAHP.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He'd have to get a Doug cameo, and nobody wants that.

I have this image in my brain of a fast paced talking head documentary similar to An Honest Liar and the Doug and/or Michaud interview is as important to Unnamed Channel Awesome Documentary as Uri Geller's is to An Honest Liar.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

yeah he lost it :rip:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

FoldableHuman posted:

I have this image in my brain of a fast paced talking head documentary similar to An Honest Liar and the Doug and/or Michaud interview is as important to Unnamed Channel Awesome Documentary as Uri Geller's is to An Honest Liar.

I have visions of montages filled with skewered statements from NC videos and apocalyptic/polemic imagery set to "Dirt" by The Stooges.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In non terrible things, is there a full version of Allison's Movie Nights theme?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FoldableHuman posted:

I’m thinking more like The Jinx, in that they’ll get Doug in for an interview in the hope that he’ll leave the mic on and then go to the bathroom.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Honestly, that hub idea is amazing, because I dearly miss something like that. YouTube’s recommended section just can’t compete with a curated site of like indes people, though I don’t think a Twitter account is the right way.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FoldableHuman posted:

Would you recommend watching that, by the way? I'm an uncouth brute, I have not watched most of the important things. :smith:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

lornekates posted:

The good news is it'd be cheap to film because instead of buying expensive sound equipment you just use the on-cam mic.

Actually, POP QUIZ HOTSHOT had a real mic, except it's a shotgun mic (super directional) and there was only one so it didn't pick up what people were saying a lot of the time. So they ended up using the onboard mic audio for everyone anyway

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

Actually, POP QUIZ HOTSHOT had a real mic, except it's a shotgun mic (super directional) and there was only one so it didn't pick up what people were saying a lot of the time. So they ended up using the onboard mic audio for everyone anyway

It’s super-obvious that Tamara Chambers is using the same one in the cutaways that Brad Jones uses at the podium. I guess it gives the whole thing a kind of 70s Matchgame charm?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

e X posted:

Honestly, that hub idea is amazing, because I dearly miss something like that. YouTube’s recommended section just can’t compete with a curated site of like indes people, though I don’t think a Twitter account is the right way.

Yeah, Twitter is pretty terrible for archiving. Wanna watch a specific video that's older than a week? Good luck finding it unless you know exactly what you're looking for.

That said it's probably at least a decent place to start, then once the ball is rolling move on to actually creating a new site, which is what would really be what people are looking for. Bag on Channel Awesome all you want, it having forums and comments and archives and all the bells and whistles of a dedicated site was a major part of what made the community grow back in the day. We have more internet reviewers now than ever before but they're all spread out on YouTube with a select few hosting their own sites, usually holdovers from pre-CA days.

Of course the benefits are obvious, the real question is who's gonna run it all?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

It might be time for a new thread I think. And this time we need an OP who can constantly update it with new channels and such.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

BigRed0427 posted:

It might be time for a new thread I think. And this time we need an OP who can constantly update it with new channels and such.

I mean, I can, but nobody was exactly requesting it until now so I didn't bother.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Let’s let this turn in discourse toward hostility to CA mark a new beginning for our discussion, too. A new thread that begins with a registry of people organizing alternatives is a good idea. It’s hopeful, anyway.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

endolithic posted:

I'm guessing she had to sign a non-compete clause since she was an actual employee?

Yeah I just read Kim's post. Non compete clause are such bullshit.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Internet Critic Discussion Thread 4.0 : A New Hope

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I mean, I can, but nobody was exactly requesting it until now so I didn't bother.
I can do it if you want, im not the most active poster in the thread but I read it all.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

corn in the bible posted:

The most surreal loving thing about this is that they had actual podium vocal mics on the contestant podiums but they still had Brad use a loving shotgun on a clip.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Zedd posted:

I can do it if you want, im not the most active poster in the thread but I read it all.

Go ahead

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zedd posted:

If you're gonna do up an OP here's a cursory updated list of Goon Approved Internet Critics for you / hastily copied OP from this thread:

quote:

Welcome to the Internet Critic Discussion Thread 4.0!

:frogsiren:Thread Rules: :frogsiren:

• Don't be a loving creep and pry into critics' personal lives. They are not (meaningfully) public figures. This includes MST3K-ing Twitter meltdowns.
  • If you need to discuss a specific work in-depth, take it to a separate thread. You can, of course, discuss a work a reviewer is reviewing, but let's not have 3 page hijacks on a single movie.
  • This is not the <insert current internet blowup> thread, just because an internet reviewer tweets that they're appalled by Candylandghazi doesn't mean we need to have an argument about it. If a reviewer makes a video about it, it's okay, but it still falls under rule 2.
  • NEW VERSION: No gamergate. Ever. Don't talk about someone being a gamergater. Don't talk about gamergaters. Gamergate never happened. NOTHING PRODUCTIVE EVER COMES OUT OF THIS.
  • Don't start posting about posting, it's almost as bad as breaking the first three rules and throws the thread even more catastrophically off topic. If someone is being an rear end report it or come back in a few days.

Goon favorites

Lindsay Ellis (Loose Cannon-specific Patreon) – Formerly the Nostalgia Chick, now working on a show called Loose Cannon and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

Kyle Kallgren (Brows Held High) (Patreon) – Does in-depth reviews of what are generally called "arthouse films" (though he hates the term). He made me legitimately appreciate a movie that was a guy talking over a blue screen.

Todd in the Shadows (Patreon) – Pop song reviews and retrospectives on one hit wonders. Also a pretty good piano player.

SF Debris (Chuck Sonnenburg) (Patreon) – Reviews (mostly) Sci-Fi television episode by episode. Has a pretty good middle-ground between plot summary and plot analysis.

_____

Phelous (Phelous.com) (Patreon) hosts the reviews of... uh…

Allison Pregler (Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights) – Semi-scripted review show about mostly schlocky movies. Also covering every god forsaken episode of Baywatch and Charmed (presumably due to insanity).

(Patreon), Andrew Dickman, and Team Panshy.

Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) (Patreon) – Attacks more... questionable films with snark and dry wit. Also does out of character reviews of recent release movies with his friends via Midnight Screenings, and slowly kills himself eating equally questionable “food” on camera via Brad Tries.

Linkara (Linkara) (Patreon) – Reviews (mostly superhero) comic books. He also has incredibly silly ongoing plots that he's making into a movie because of his Patreon.

Cinemassacre – Home of Board James, James & Mike Play, and the Angry Video Game Nerd.

Folding Ideas (Dan Olson) – Does in-depth analysis of films and film making thoery, among other topics and weekly streams.

hbomberguy (Patreon) – Confirmed Soyboy Harris Bombyman disects the alt-right and its poorly thought-out ideas with actual researched facts and humour. He also reviews things.

I Hate Everything – ...He hates everything.

The Rap Critic – Reviews rap songs in a very in-depth manner, usually including significant cultural and political critique of the songs.

Radio Dead Air (Nash and Tara) (Patreon) – A weekly web-based live internet radio show and home to the popular “What the gently caress is Wrong With You?” (WTFIWWY) segment.

Poparena (Patreon) – Reviews of books, movies, and TV shows from the 90s and 80s. His most notable series is his reviews of every single Animorphs book and TV episode in order from start to finish.

Bennet The Sage (Patreon) – Reviews anime OVAs, movies, and series of... dubious quality from years past with Anime Abandon.

Jenny Nicholson – Tackles a verity of pop culture topics in an endearingly deadpan absurdist (...and borderline insane) style.

Feminist Frequency – Literally tries to enslave and brainwash men by making harmless and thoughtful feminist critiques of various media (mostly TV, Movies, and Video Games).

Matthewmatosis – Breaks down and reviews video games. He's not huge on the cultural commentary, but he's absolutely stellar at analyzing games on a more mechanical level.

Red Letter Media (Patreon) – Review movies. These guys seem mostly insulated from the "internet critic community" so they go at a bit of a different angle, especially with their knowledge of cinematography.

Ross Scott – He mostly does Machinima (notably Freeman's Mind), but also has a stellar show called Ross' Game Dungeon which is strikingly unlike most other game review shows. He picks more obscure games and just kind of... chills and talks about them for 30 minutes. Despite the way that sounds, they're well-edited, structured, and paced to boot!

Former Video Anime Reviewer Jesu Otaku is now writing text articles at Anime News Network under his real name (Jacob Chapman).

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 19, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Joesph. Joe. No. The fact that a crashed ship is close to the cannon that shot it down on a planet is not that big a deal. If it was further away, then you'd never find it and it basically wouldn't exist, so what's the point you're trying to make? That you'd rather they not tell the story of how the ship crashed into this planet? gently caress it's not even a big plot hole, they can have more than one big rear end cannon, there's nothing that says it's the only one. Same goes for other crashed ships, like c'mon, do you want this game to tell you a story or not?

His core point was that the plot is built on multiple layers of contrivance to get everything into this tiny area of the planet that is arbitrarily the only part with life and they didn't really do anything terribly interesting with it after building it on that foundation. They spent years in early access and the game is still an unoptimized mess with a disappointing ending, even though they apparently put a ton of work into it, and that's concerning.

I don't think the Subnautica video is one of his best but the point wasn't just "it's silly that the ship landed next to the cannon."

But then, I think he's right about both Odyssey and BOTW, so sue me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Good OP but do note that the AVGN thread to locked a long time ago.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd also recommend The Great War, Sideways, Mother's Basement, Nerdwriter1 and Film Joy (formerly movies with Mikey) be added to the list.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Some additions I would make

-Ashens
-Contrapoints
-Errant Signal
-Extra Credits
-Movies with Mikey (Filmjoy on Youtube)
-Jon Bois (Probably link the SB Nation account just in case. I think most of his stuff goes there.)
-Kim Justice
-LGR
-Night Mind
-Noah Caldwell-Gervais
-Peter Coffin
-Philosophy Tube
-Shawn
-Wisecrack
-Jim loving Sterling Son (How could I forget.)

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 19, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd also recommend The Great War, Sideways, Mother's Basement, Nerdwriter1 and Film Joy (formerly movies with Mikey) be added to the list.

BigRed0427 posted:

Some additions I would make

-Ashens
-Contrapoints
-Errant Signal
-Extra Credits
-Movies with Mikey (Filmjoy on Youtube)
-Jon Bois
-Kim Justice
-LGR
-Night Mind
-Noah Caldwell-Gervais
-Peter Coffin
-Philosophy Tube
-Shawn
-Wisecrack

Edit: gently caress! How could I forget Jim loving Stearling Son?

I'll add all those in a bit. Keep em coming.

EDIT: I'll also alphabetize the list aside from the All Stars so that it doesn't look like we're showing favoritism or just throwing poo poo in wherever and whatnot.

Jimbot posted:

Good OP but do note that the AVGN thread to locked a long time ago.

I removed the link to the dead thread.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 19, 2018

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Are we keeping this to just Youtube? Because I also wanna recommend Laura Kate Dale. Shes mainly writes for Kotaku UK and her youtube channel is mainly a podcast her and a friend are doing now.

gently caress! I also recommend Nyx Fears.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
THE BEST GAMERS is a must.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I'd like to also throw the following in...

Larry Bundy Jr. (Guru Larry) (Patreon) - HELLO YOU. Along with commenting on literally every YouTube video known to man, Guru Larry is also known for his "Fact Hunt" series where he compiles several related obscure bits of knowledge about video games into one video, and throws in a couple of jabs at Peter Molyneux for good measure. Also known for "Games Yanks Can't Wank", "Movie Mistakes" and even some time spent reviewing games on British TV back in the day.

Daniel Ibbertson (DJ Slope's Game Room) (Patreon) - DJ Slope gave up a promising career as a DJ and Jackass-esque pain donkey on British TV (not a joke) to become a truly excellent reviewer and budding documentarian on YouTube. Known for his "Complete History" retro video game series, and "Kickscammers" where he goes into detail about some truly baffling attempts at crowdfunding.

Nostalgia Nerd (Patreon) - UK-based YouTuber who has a great love for old computers and a beautiful, dulcet tone from the Eastern counties. Known for making incredibly long labour of love Story documentaries about old computers like the Amiga and Atari ST, as well as "UK Thrifts" (like LGR Thrifts but with more half-empty copies of Kerplunk!) and commentaries over old episodes of the almighty Bad Influence.

Pushing Up Roses (Patreon) - Retro reviewer with a strong focus on point-and-clicks and other adventure titles, Roses is also well known for some really strong personal touches in her videos, and the odd bit of awesome fancy make-up. Also does the odd film review now and again, and is known for "Death In Video Games". If you like LucasArts and Sierra, then you've come to the right place.

Ahoy (Patreon) - As his channel description says, insightful gaming content. Months pass between new Ahoy videos, but when he releases one it's an event. Some of the most painstakingly crafted, highly researched and brilliantly made longform video content you will find on YouTube. And his voice isn't half bad either...one of the very best. Often concentrates on first-person shooters, known for his long videos on Polybius, Quake and Doom as well as the "Iconic Arms" series.

OSW Review (Patreon) - The best wrestling content on YouTube. Lengthy, hilarious but superbly researched PPV review videos from Jay, OOC, and V1 - your favourite trio of riotous Irishmen. Even if you don't like wrestling, OSW's videos are so well made and funny that they're worth watching, and there's so many great stories and detours that you wouldn't believe. Known for their chronological critique of the Hulkamania Era, amongst several other "story arcs", of which the Royal Rumble 2001 to Wrestlemania X-Seven run is probably the best.

This Is Dan Bell (Patreon) - Is mostly found on Amazon Prime Video these days, but there's so much greatness to check out in the archives. Excellent filmmaker, urban explorer, lover of all the tattiest things about America. Ugly/Beautiful videos of faded glory and desolation, with serious vaporwave A E S T H E T I C S. Known for the "Another Dirty Room" series and the "Dead Mall" series.

Techmoan (Patreon) - A channel focused on Retro Tech from a Northerner who's well and truly been around. Makes videos about many different things, but really focuses on old and new Hi-Fi equipment, forgotten music and video formats, and plenty of strange, almost unclassifiable curios. He demonstrates the products in the flesh, isn't afraid to get inside of them, and will spend months in pursuit of a video. His voice, presentation and love of hip-hop makes him quite possibly the single most relaxing and chilled out channel on the whole of YouTube.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Regular Car Reviews is also amazing, they do very gonzo reviews of regular, everyday cars. With the occasional crazy video about car shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gpzSCmuiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pedUkutDNwg

• Locked thread