Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Throwing this out again, I lost my soontir cardboard square (dropped it down a vent, lol). Does anyone have an extra they are willing to part with? I would pay a reasonable amount of $$ or trade something for it, like an upgrade card or one of the many random 28mm minis I have floating around. Eastern Canada, if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Seldom Posts posted:

Throwing this out again, I lost my soontir cardboard square (dropped it down a vent, lol). Does anyone have an extra they are willing to part with? I would pay a reasonable amount of $$ or trade something for it, like an upgrade card or one of the many random 28mm minis I have floating around. Eastern Canada, if it matters.

Have you tried FFG support? They have replaced my missing Outrider dial and a couple of missing damage deck cards for no charge.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

lazerus06 posted:

Have you tried FFG support? They have replaced my missing Outrider dial and a couple of missing damage deck cards for no charge.

Did not even consider that! thanks for the advice.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Seldom Posts posted:

Did not even consider that! thanks for the advice.

No problem. They have been pretty good to work with. I just told them that I lost both things at a tournament and they replaced them rather quickly.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If Jostero is destroyed with Dead Mans Switch equipped, does he get to attack a R1 ship that takes damage from the upgrade? My guess is yes, since the damage from the card is dealt WHEN he is destroyed, and not after. Meaning both the card and his ability triggers at the same time.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'd agree with that.

I think I like Jostero paired with a ship with a seismic torpedo. Could be interesting.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Joestero works really well with Torani's ability. Don't discard because of incoming Nym shot? Boom eat some more dice. I've caught out a few Imps with that one.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Working on a new Scum list. Slightly inspired by the one that made it to the top table recently, but because of a few changes, this one will be flown very differently.

• Captain Nym - Scurrg H-6 Bomber (40 points)
Adaptability
Extra Munitions
Harpoon Missiles
Bomblet Generator
Havoc
Guidance Chips
Trajectory Simulator
“Genius”

31 points
• Torani Kulda - M12-L Kimogila fighter (31 points)
Adaptability
Harpoon Missiles
R5-TK
Guidance Chips

• Captain Jostero - Kihraxz Fighter (29 points)
Vaksai
Expertise
Dead Man's Switch
Deflective Plating
Pulsed Ray Shield

The general strategy is to fly them fairly close and control range until the other player is in range. Then Jostero will fly ahead in a blocking position around where a launched bomblet will land. Hopefully Jostero will manage to block one or more ships, making the bomblet hit them. If some take damage and is not touching Jostero, he will also get an attack, probably at range 1, in addition to his normal attack. As he is loaded with Dead Mans Switch, R1 ships might hold off on attacking him as they don't want to risk taking the damage and potentially giving him another R1 attack with Expertise and maybe a TL. The only issue is that I can easily see him die in the first engagement, before getting to attack anyone.

Another variant is to replace Jostero with a Scout. A much better blocker, which will always have targets, and very often be in R1, making it pretty deadly with Dengar and a focus token. The Scout will miss out on the extra attacks, but might give more damage overall as he lives much longer. And in the current meta I think blocking and action denial can be very useful. Blocking also makes it easier to line up Torani's bullseye arc.

Contracted Scout - JumpMaster 5000 (29 points)
Dengar
Trick Shot
Deflective Plating

Are any of these okay ideas, or will they be crushed by FennGhost/PS11 gangs?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Deflective Plating is B/SF-17 Bomber only.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

poo poo, I knew that, but the drat squad builder fooled me. Well, there goes much of the gimmick out the window. Could still be viable with the Scout, as he can probably tank a few bomblets. If I only could get Cad on there as well.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Funzo posted:

I tried out something similar to this last weekend, and had some success. I tweaked it a little to remove some deadweight. It's what I'm likely flying in the Open and Adepticon. Anyone have comments?

99 points

PILOTS

Rho Squadron Veteran (31) x 2
Alpha-class Star Wing (21), Deadeye (1), Extra Munitions (2), Harpoon Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0), Cruise Missiles (3)

“Quickdraw” (37)
Special Forces TIE (29), Veteran Instincts (1), Fire-Control System (2), Cruise Missiles (3), Special Ops Training (0), Lightweight Frame (2)

The plan is to hit whatever looks the most dangerous with 3 cruise missiles on the joust, then Harpoon things until they die or I do, with QD sniping at whatever he can hit.

Bringing this up again, anyone have any thoughts?

edit: QD should be SHE. I apologize for mis-gendering the Emperor's finest.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Funzo posted:

Bringing this up again, anyone have any thoughts?

Can't do it. You need the OS-1 Arsenal Loadout title to load both Harpoon Missiles and Cruise Missiles. That title is an extra two points per Rho Squadron Veteran, meaning you'll end up at 103 points. Dump the Cruise Missiles from Quickdraw to make it work, or drop the Cruise Missiles from the RSVs to gain an extra 3 points to spend anywhere.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Cobbsprite posted:

Can't do it. You need the OS-1 Arsenal Loadout title to load both Harpoon Missiles and Cruise Missiles. That title is an extra two points per Rho Squadron Veteran, meaning you'll end up at 103 points. Dump the Cruise Missiles from Quickdraw to make it work, or drop the Cruise Missiles from the RSVs to gain an extra 3 points to spend anywhere.

That's what I get for blindly trusting the online tool.
I'm not sure if I should pull the missile from QD, or get rid of Cruise Missiles on the gunboats on give QD a tech upgrade.

Funzo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 15, 2018

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Funzo posted:

edit: QD should be SHE. I apologize for mis-gendering the Emperor's finest.
Generic pilots can be anything you want :bigtran:

And Quickdraw is First Order, no Emperor there...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The new League starts tonight and I haven't prepared any lists at all so I threw this together.

T-70 X-Wing: •Poe Dameron (HotR) (43)
Autothrusters (2)
•Black One (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
•R2-D2 (4)
Advanced Optics (2)

X-Wing: •Wedge Antilles (31)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •Fenn Rau (26)
•Phantom II (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)

Total: 100/100

Fenn doesn't quite mesh 100% with HotCop; he's still useful against the rest of the ships, and it can make a player have to really decide between a TL or a Focus. Any thoughts?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Fenn 100% meshes with hotcop.

Shoot one ship, strip its focus. Use ability on a second ship.

You've now hosed up two ships.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The new League starts tonight and I haven't prepared any lists at all so I threw this together.

T-70 X-Wing: •Poe Dameron (HotR) (43)
Autothrusters (2)
•Black One (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
•R2-D2 (4)
Advanced Optics (2)

X-Wing: •Wedge Antilles (31)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •Fenn Rau (26)
•Phantom II (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)

Total: 100/100

Fenn doesn't quite mesh 100% with HotCop; he's still useful against the rest of the ships, and it can make a player have to really decide between a TL or a Focus. Any thoughts?

That looks really great.
One possible sidegrade on Fenn I'd consider would be Adaptability+1, Weapons Engineer, and M9-G8. Getting some freebie rerolls on Wedge and Poe will do a lot for their offense.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

That looks really great.
One possible sidegrade on Fenn I'd consider would be Adaptability+1, Weapons Engineer, and M9-G8. Getting some freebie rerolls on Wedge and Poe will do a lot for their offense.

Oh man, that makes it a hard decision. I'm still kinda leaning towards HotCop; potentially shutting down two ships, one of them at PS11. Poe doesn't need to Focus, so he can TL often, and Fenn can just Coordinate a Focus or TL to Wedge, as Fenn's attack isn't for damage.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Here is my opponent tonight:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Here is my opponent tonight:

My spirit animal

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I see bombs a plenty. Tell me what magical.list it is

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Punishers (99/100)
==================
TIE Punisher: Cutlass Squadron Pilot (21 + 14)
+ Trajectory Simulator (1)
+ Extra Munitions (2)
+ Harpoon Missiles (4)
+ Ion Bombs (2)
+ Proton Bombs (5)
+ Long-Range Scanners (0)

TIE Punisher: Cutlass Squadron Pilot (21 + 12)
+ Extra Munitions (2)
+ Harpoon Missiles (4)
+ Ion Bombs (2)
+ Thermal Detonators (3)

TIE Punisher: Cutlass Squadron Pilot (21 + 10)
+ Extra Munitions (2)
+ Harpoon Missiles (4)
+ Bomblet Generator (3)

I feel like I flew pretty well, except for constantly forgetting about bombs. He only got two Harpoons off and they only did one damage total, plus one each to Poe and a Punisher after Fenn died. Wedge and Poe had an easy time with the other two Punishers after Fenn killed the first one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Can anyone give me an estimate of what my collection should sell for? I had a guy offer me 325 and I know that's a low ball given a few of the ships print status. I think it's 39 ships all together (includes all components, cards, etc).

Core
TFA Core
Rebel Aces
Imperial Aces
Most Wanted

Rebels
A-Wing x 2
B-Wing x 2
E-Wing
K-Wing x 2
Millennium Falcon
Z-95 Headhunter x 2
X-Wing x3
T-70 X-Wing
Y-Wing

Imperial
Tie Fighter x 3
Tie FO x 2
Tie Advanced
Tie Bomber
Tie Defender
Tie Punisher
Tie Phantom x2
Tie Interceptor x3
Decimator

Scum
Hounds Tooth
HWK-290
Y-Wing
Z-95 Headhunter x2
Kihraxz Fighter
M3-A Interceptor
Slave 1
Starviper x 2

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Can anyone give me an estimate of what my collection should sell for? I had a guy offer me 325 and I know that's a low ball given a few of the ships print status. I think it's 39 ships all together (includes all components, cards, etc).

Core
TFA Core
Rebel Aces
Imperial Aces
Most Wanted

Rebels
A-Wing x 2
B-Wing x 2
E-Wing
K-Wing x 2
Millennium Falcon
Z-95 Headhunter x 2
X-Wing x3
T-70 X-Wing
Y-Wing

Imperial
Tie Fighter x 3
Tie FO x 2
Tie Advanced
Tie Bomber
Tie Defender
Tie Punisher
Tie Phantom x2
Tie Interceptor x3
Decimator

Scum
Hounds Tooth
HWK-290
Y-Wing
Z-95 Headhunter x2
Kihraxz Fighter
M3-A Interceptor
Slave 1
Starviper x 2

Honestly, I think you're getting a better-than-average deal. You'll get less in a lump sale than you would doing them piecemeal (if they all sold), but you won't get rid of all of them piecemeal in anything like a reasonable time frame. The first handful of years, FFG was good about keeping a stable balance in the game, but in the last couple waves they've fallen victim to power creep. New ships and new cards are beginning to outperform old ones by bigger and bigger margins. (Look at the sudden influx of Harpoon Missiles and Sheathipede for a current example.) Older ships are fun, but they aren't competitive.

But I might be a bad person to give advice. I've never sold off my game stock for anything. If I decide that I'm done with a game, I'll find some new blood player who is hyper-excited that they're just starting out, and I'll gift my entire stash over to them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

For complete stuff sold as a lot, you should expect to get 30-50% off MSRP.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Cool thanks guys. I’ll probably go with that then.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Some nice St Patrick's day homebrew

Two things.

A. That starbuck ability has no limit on the greens. That's a mite OP
B. Where the gently caress is my Edward James Olmos crew card you fucker

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Sharon ought to be a Raptor pilot, not a Viper. Two red, two green, one torp and one crew. One tech maybe, if there are custom upgrades for that.

This is giving me really good ideas for BSG themed game, though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Some nice St Patrick's day homebrew

Two things.

A. That starbuck ability has no limit on the greens. That's a mite OP
B. Where the gently caress is my Edward James Olmos crew card you fucker

THis all seems fine. The infinite agility one still gets thumped by variance and autodamage, it only has 3 hull. This is among the more balanced homebrew I've ever seen.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One of our local dudes is lighting people up at Vegas regionals with 4x Contracted Scout/Trick Shot/Courier Droid. Those things dunk so hard on Miranda/Nym and can outlast Ghost/Fenn lists.
It's glorious.

edit:
He's in top 4 now :D

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 18, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I've been thinking that would be a REALLY solid list right now. Just, lots of hit points/agility, lots of turrets, and a decent amount of 3 die shots. It lacks double mods most of the time, but it'll still get them sometimes, and it'll be putting out a LOT of fire and a LOT of block.

It suffers pretty heavily against Poe though. He's functionally immune to 2 die turrets most of them time, and more expensive than 1.5 Scouts.so his allies only have to take down 2.5 and he can play for time from then on, secure in the ability to basically ignore them as long as they're not catching him in arc at range 1-2.

And he will be perfectly happy to bump one as long as the other's in his arc.

I don't think it's a top-meta list, but it might well be a solid counter against some of the top-meta lists right now.

gently caress I need to pick out my list for Yavin. Who's coming?

In the spirit of Being the Change, I'm thinking about running PS9s *gasp* without VI. Either Vader/QD/Kylo bombershuttle, or Poe/Jess/(VI) Fenn. Both of which I've got shitloads of practice with and both of which I enjoy a lot, but I don't know which to bring. I'll bring both for HB.

I'm also wondering about Sith Bros (Vader, RAC with Kylo and Palp), which is a solid list I've again had lots of practice with, and which again has solid shouts against much of the meta.

E: 2 scouts fits in with Timewalk. Why not that?

Contracted Scout (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Courier Droid (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Courier Droid (0)

Asajj Ventress (37)
Lone Wolf (2)
Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Gyroscopic Targeting (2)
Shadow Caster (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I'm so tempted by this, I could finish out the Dazzlemaster this week and bring 3 fully painted ships to Yavin (well, two and the RTSS720 and a backup unpainted shadowcaster in case anyone is a jerk). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 18, 2018

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

4x trick shot contracted scouts just won Vegas in the finals vs Palp Aces. Ate the shuttle in ~2 turns and got all shields off QD before losing a Scout. The last 3 cleaned up bumping like crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_vccUamvY

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

I've been thinking that would be a REALLY solid list right now. Just, lots of hit points/agility, lots of turrets, and a decent amount of 3 die shots. It lacks double mods most of the time, but it'll still get them sometimes, and it'll be putting out a LOT of fire and a LOT of block.

It suffers pretty heavily against Poe though. He's functionally immune to 2 die turrets most of them time, and more expensive than 1.5 Scouts.so his allies only have to take down 2.5 and he can play for time from then on, secure in the ability to basically ignore them as long as they're not catching him in arc at range 1-2.

And he will be perfectly happy to bump one as long as the other's in his arc.

I don't think it's a top-meta list, but it might well be a solid counter against some of the top-meta lists right now.

gently caress I need to pick out my list for Yavin. Who's coming?

In the spirit of Being the Change, I'm thinking about running PS9s *gasp* without VI. Either Vader/QD/Kylo bombershuttle, or Poe/Jess/(VI) Fenn. Both of which I've got shitloads of practice with and both of which I enjoy a lot, but I don't know which to bring. I'll bring both for HB.

I'm also wondering about Sith Bros (Vader, RAC with Kylo and Palp), which is a solid list I've again had lots of practice with, and which again has solid shouts against much of the meta.

E: 2 scouts fits in with Timewalk. Why not that?

Contracted Scout (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Courier Droid (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Courier Droid (0)

Asajj Ventress (37)
Lone Wolf (2)
Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Gyroscopic Targeting (2)
Shadow Caster (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I'm so tempted by this, I could finish out the Dazzlemaster this week and bring 3 fully painted ships to Yavin (well, two and the RTSS720 and a backup unpainted shadowcaster in case anyone is a jerk). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd be really tempted to take out Gyroscopic and buy any two of the following:

-Rigged Cargo Chute
-Intel Agent
-4-LOM

Also doing A Score to Settle on one of the Scouts can really improve its efficiency against a key target.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jumpmaster nerf when FFG???

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

canyoneer posted:

4x trick shot contracted scouts just won Vegas in the finals vs Palp Aces. Ate the shuttle in ~2 turns and got all shields off QD before losing a Scout. The last 3 cleaned up bumping like crazy

:stare: how many Ghost/Fenn combos did this dunk on to get that far?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

canyoneer posted:

FFG: So do we remove the turret slot?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

FFG: So do we remove the turret slot?

Reduce attack by 1. It's the only way!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I'd be really tempted to take out Gyroscopic and buy any two of the following:

-Rigged Cargo Chute
-Intel Agent
-4-LOM

Also doing A Score to Settle on one of the Scouts can really improve its efficiency against a key target.

Yeah I thought about a chute and CM. But the gyros would have saved my rear end in the match I just played today, versus strezra. Ugh.

AS2S versus Trick Shot it mostly a wash I think - the extra die will come up about as much as the focus change, and trick doesn't have a downside.

I suspect this version is one of the better ones, but I won't have enough time to work on it before the weekend, and will just bring Poe.

Poe, by the by, being a very strong counter to quad scouts. He's worth more than 1.5 scouts, so as long as his allies don't die before knocking down 2.5, he should be fine, he's largely immune to 2-die turrets.

And the actual solution would have been to dump the EPT slot but FFG screwed it up. Scouts are still one of the most efficient ships in the entire game, and still have one of the best dials. It amazes me that it's taken this long for quad scouts to come up. If I had 4, I'd probably have run it at least once.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Eh I don't feel like 4x scouts is nerf-worthy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Eh I don't feel like 4x scouts is nerf-worthy at all.

Agreed.
If you take an average skilled player, they're going to win a lot more games with 4x wookies than they would with 4x scouts.

• Locked thread