Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kilometers Davis posted:

As a very passionate butthole enthusiast I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Infinitum posted:

That kid is gonna die so bad

My bold prediction is that both Kratos the kid will live, but At a Great Cost.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello again thread! I have two attempts at a nier tag for you to see!

I wish I had the font to do the text a little better, but I cannot find it online without spending $30!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

I wish I had the font to do the text a little better, but I cannot find it online without spending $30!

If you give me a version without the NierDoWells text, I've got something special to improve it when I get home.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you give me a version without the NierDoWells text, I've got something special to improve it when I get home.

Luckily I saved them as PSDs! :D Imageready rules!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

New God of War Innovation: Kids with Bows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfVFkoJR8zw

Kid's facial model looks way better since the reveal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Oh my god. dat bullet hell one :rock:

Holy loving forumsdookie

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

VideoGames posted:

That's amazing! I would love the bottom one!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

That kid is gonna die so bad

Kids never die in dad games, otherwise it would stop being a dad game

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh my god. dat bullet hell one :rock:

Holy loving forumsdookie

Yes bottom one pls, it's great!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I gutted out my own template of the Nier Automata logo for a joke in TDI's LP, so no reason not to put it to more use;

And one of my own devising;

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I gutted out my own template of the Nier Automata logo for a joke in TDI's LP, so no reason not to put it to more use;

This is my favourite! Originally the bullet hell one was longer because I found this cool video of someone dodging the spheres (I haven never played Nier so I am not sure what they are) and it was about 3 megs of constant back and forth before hitting the machine :D

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

2B mousepad owner spotted

If my Miku mousepad ever wears out I know what I’m ordering next!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never played a game that was improved by motion controls.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I thought the motion controls were used to good effect in Until Dawn but I’m struggling to think how any other game I own for PS4 could be improved by having them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Spray Paint in InFamous: 2nd Son is the best example of Motion Controls and also the only good one in all Sony Games

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never played a game that was improved by motion controls.

I remember being psyched for shooters with motion controls when I saw previews for stuff like Red Steel before the Wii came out. Oh, how disappointing that was.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

I thought the motion controls were used to good effect in Until Dawn but I’m struggling to think how any other game I own for PS4 could be improved by having them.

It's something that works better for controllers like the Switch JoyCons and Wiimotes, because you're holding separate things you can move about with each hand in the general motion the game suggests rather than flap a regular controller about.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Funny, I kinda liked Until Dawn (could've done with some trimming down/the ability to run) and don't remember any motion controls.

Can you play the game Flower without motion controls? Cause when I played it on PS Now I was flailing about like an idiot and moving my arms way too much, similar to Journey, I appreciated the idea but the execution was done terribly. My friend's girlfriend who'd never played a game on dual analog sticks enjoyed Journey a lot (her first actual game she's beaten, besides random games of Mario Kart) and even though she was terrible with dual analog sticks she ditched the idea of even attempting motion controls very early on.

Also in Bloodborne they're poo poo and have got me killed at least few times, and when I actually attempt to use the motion controls to do an emote I end up doing some other random one.

I actually just remembered I turned it on for typing recently, so when I aim my DS4 at the screen it's like a mouse, which is better than analog stick+buttons or the touch pad for typing messages.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Motion controls are good in VR and I exclusively use the motion controls to type on the PS4. That’s about it though unfortunately.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imhotep posted:

Funny, I kinda liked Until Dawn (could've done with some trimming down/the ability to run) and don't remember any motion controls.

Can you play the game Flower without motion controls? Cause when I played it on PS Now I was flailing about like an idiot and moving my arms way too much, similar to Journey, I appreciated the idea but the execution was done terribly. My friend's girlfriend who'd never played a game on dual analog sticks enjoyed Journey a lot (her first actual game she's beaten, besides random games of Mario Kart) and even though she was terrible with dual analog sticks she ditched the idea of even attempting motion controls very early on.

Stop flailing in Flower and tilt the controller gently while holding X to move forward. It works perfectly fine, you just have to relax.

Until Dawn's motion controls were the bits where you had to hold it perfectly still or die horribly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I gotta say, I'm not thrilled about having to charge up my Heat meter in Kiwami 2. Seems like an unnecessary change. Same as with 6.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did they change how it worked from the previous games?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Stop flailing in Flower and tilt the controller gently while holding X to move forward. It works perfectly fine, you just have to relax.

Until Dawn's motion controls were the bits where you had to hold it perfectly still or die horribly.

Oh yeah gently caress those bits, I literally set the controller down on the table and died the very last time I had the chance to do it (to those monsters at the end).

I was exaggerating when I said flailing, I just felt like I was over-correcting more than I should've had to, and I think the game would've been detrimental with regular controls, but who knows maybe it feels better without playing on PS Now with a DS4? I haven't played too many games with motion controls, but literally every game I've encountered with it has had them either just poorly executed, or like 'is this a joke' levels of bad and I guess I just mean Bloodborne, like did anyone test that before they shipped the game? Not that it's an integral part of the game (it kind of is if you're fighting, say Orphan of Kos, you barely move and somehow you do the "beg for mercy" emote), but I think I've successfully done like one emote with motion controls after several tries, and every other try either resulted in the wrong emote.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

One of the most enduring gifts of Bloodborne is watching speedrunners struggle with accidentally performing the motion gestures. The great ones bless us all.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t speak for the PS4 cos I also only use them for typing, but definitely on Switch stuff if you’re having to move the controller around tons for motion controls the problem is maybe with the sensitivity settings.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I was pretty disappointed when Horizon didn’t let me adjust my aim by tilting the controller. It was brilliant in Gravity Rush, brilliant in Zelda, and would be brilliant everywhere!

Also, I am very excited for Ni No Kuni 2 and God of War.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Smirking_Serpent posted:

One of the most enduring gifts of Bloodborne is watching speedrunners struggle with accidentally performing the motion gestures. The great ones bless us all.

I have no idea how to do emotes with motion control. Is it an option I have to activate somewhere or something like that?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, just hold the ‘X’ button and waggle your controller, you can see which emotes you have keyed up on the emote screen.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wendell posted:

God of War.

I want it so bad. I’m totally in the mood for a story based action game like that right now and I miss God of War.

Also getting oddly hyped for SOUUULLCALIBUR VI. Every fighting game burns me and I’m not even a huge SC fan in any way. Maybe it’s Geralt. It’s Geralt isn’t it?

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 19, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bust Rodd posted:

No, just hold the ‘X’ button and waggle your controller, you can see which emotes you have keyed up on the emote screen.

Oh okay, I saw the motions but I had no idea you had to hold X. I'm gonna point at so many things now!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

You a good guy vg.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looks like there's been a God of War gameplay leak just a couple hours ahead of the embargo:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/975715122344808448

A lot of the combat looks like the sort of zoomed-un pseudo-Souls thing that the first trailer implied, but all the stuff with throwing and recalling the axe mid-combo looks really fun and I hope there are crazy things you can do with it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I am extremely getting the good game vibes from Dad of War, and my gaming instincts are never wrong.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I’ve never played any of the Far Cry games, should I be hyped for 5 or no.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hampig posted:

Having not used motion controls extensively since the Wii, i suppose the latest gen are much faster than they used to be? Motion controls used to be so laggy and temperamental that i've just defaulted to reliable but bad twinsticks ever since.

Yes they are way better

Bob NewSCART posted:

It’s ok, a month after a Nintendo release everyone switches back to using a normal person controller from whatever gimmick bullshit they introduced that generation

It’s not really a gimmick. You use the sticks like normal and then use motion controls to tweak your aim. It’s been used in handhelds since the 3ds/vita and it’s way more accurate than sticks. There’s no reason fps on PS4 shouldn’t use it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

You a good guy vg.

I never really know what to say to people being nice to me, but thank you :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Noctone posted:

I’ve never played any of the Far Cry games, should I be hyped for 5 or no.

If you like the idea of an open world FPS with a decent amount of combat options then yes, if typical UbiSoft stuff like towers, crafting and busywork makes you roll your eyes then no.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I never really know what to say to people being nice to me, but thank you :)

"Cheers big ears"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
What Sakura said, plus the Far Cry games aren't connected to each other so it doesn't matter if you never played the others