Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

My prediction fot Ports is that the Greens eclipse Danby only to have Damnby-wing ALP voters preference the Libs and give them the seat instead :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
every crevice of our democracy is invaded by the tendrils of the jew. vote greens

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Israel does a lot of bad stuff, but also does many things better than it's neighbours

this is a complete non sequitur

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ports, Wills and Batman will go Green in the next few electoral cycles. It's just a matter of when. Expect to see Labor continue to drop Kearny types into the elections to try to peel voters back from the Greens, Danby will be next.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is Bill Shorten actually a smart political opponent?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Is Bill Shorten actually a smart political opponent?

My gut says maybe.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Permaban everyone 'cept Avshalom, who rules, but also free Palestine

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
for every instance of isreal and jews instead read england and anglicans, except that israel is probably englands fault as well

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Did you guys see that Melbourne graffiti guy Lushsux doing the most dipshitted mural imaginable on the Palestinian side of the wall?

Even if he wasn't exposed as a sexual predator I'd kick his rear end

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

freebooter posted:

Ports, Wills and Batman will go Green in the next few electoral cycles. It's just a matter of when. Expect to see Labor continue to drop Kearny types into the elections to try to peel voters back from the Greens, Danby will be next.

Change from.. without?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
demographics that are 'problematic' for greens strategists:

• jews
  • olds
  • poors
  • workers
  • aspirational types
  • the rich
  • farmers
  • catholics
  • revheads
  • have i missed anyone?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

freebooter posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it SUPER hard to wrest preselection from an elected Labor member thanks to some rules Rudd set in place or something? I think that, combined with Danby being stubborn as gently caress, means that Labor won't turf him until it's too late and they lose Ports to either the Liberals or Greens.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Imagine this mockery on the walls of your brutal open air prison

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Change from.. without?

It is an interesting counter to the Labor argument about why there's no point voting Greens (aside from the obvious response that putting children in rape camps is a red line, or that you lose nothing by voting in a Green MP since they'll never back the Libs but will and have made a coalition with Labor) because it's very clear to any reasonable observer that there's no chance Labor would have sat up and taken notice of these inner city seats without a strong left wing party eating their base. I still bemoan the fact that there's a solid 10-20% of voters in Batman dumb enough to vote for personality over party, but there's no denying the country is better off with Kearney in parliament over Feeney. Progressive change, of a sort.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

freebooter posted:

you lose nothing by voting in a Green MP since they'll never back the Libs but will and have made a coalition with Labor

What? The Greens vote with the Libs and Labor all the time. I mean if you want to argue they side with Labor more then fair enough that's probably true, but the idea that the Greens "never" back the Libs is some hardcore revisionism (if that's what you're saying and I'm not misinterpreting, in which case apologies in advance).

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Whitlam posted:

What? The Greens vote with the Libs and Labor all the time. I mean if you want to argue they side with Labor more then fair enough that's probably true, but the idea that the Greens "never" back the Libs is some hardcore revisionism (if that's what you're saying and I'm not misinterpreting, in which case apologies in advance).

He's talking about formal coalitions for minority government.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Jonah Galtberg posted:

They said "never back", voting with is backing

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

- JBP

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aesculus posted:

My prediction fot Ports is that the Greens eclipse Danby only to have Damnby-wing ALP voters preference the Libs and give them the seat instead :negative:

I mean, that's what he did last time; if you were voting in an area considered to be Jewish, Danby had unique how-to-vote cards that put the Liberals ahead of the Greens.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Just because they haven't doesnt mean they never would. I know a bunch of Greens who would (and do) vote Liberal over Labor.

I feel like this kind of gets to the heart of the identity crisis within the Greens right now - I don't think the party has a cohesive uniting preference on whether they'd rather be principled and independent, or if they'd rather be THE third party definitively and making deals and compromising. If they're helping to pass lovely legislation, which make no mistake they can and have done, they at least get a seat at the table. If they want to stay principled and not negotiate with the evil nasty major parties, they keep their integrity but sacrifice an ability to affect change (and you just know PHON/SA Best/whoever will jump at the chance to be at the table). I don't want to blame it all on Di Natale but I feel like his leadership has hugely polarised the base and it's because of exactly this.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I was trying to look up a piece about Isreal ride-or-die weirdos spray painting greens placards with swastikas in 2015, but I found this insane piece instead which whips

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-01/glenn_milne_greens_racism/45878

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Auspol is just garbage, but more frightening is that it's still less of a shitshow than the US and UK jfc

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

"the focus has shifted to Rhiannon and the Green’s Trotskyist wing (Rhiannon is the daughter of prominent Cold War Stalinist parents) ... "

Famous trotskyist, stalin

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 19, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thatbastardken posted:

• jews
  • olds
  • poors
  • workers
  • aspirational types
  • the rich
  • farmers
  • catholics
  • revheads
  • have i missed anyone?

• Anti-vaccers
  • Raw milkers

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 19, 2018

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

• Anti-vaccers
  • Raw milkers

• Vaxxers

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

They said "never back", voting with is backing

I did mean coalition govt. Maybe the Greens vote with the Libs sometimes, but I know they never do to the extent Labor does, therefore voting for them is better than voting for Labor.

Whitlam posted:

Just because they haven't doesnt mean they never would. I know a bunch of Greens who would (and do) vote Liberal over Labor.

I suspect they are strongly in the minority of Greens voters.

Certainly it's not out of the question that the Greens would form a coalition with the Liberals, though I find a scenario like that ludicrous and unworkable given their policy platforms. But a) they have a history of forming a coalition government with labor, b) their policy platform is 80% aligned with Labor, and c) the day they form a coalition with the Liberals is the day that me and probably 90% of their voter base renounce them forever like the Lib Dems were renounced after 2010. So, yeah, I really don't think that's going to happen and I reeeeeally don't think that kind of bong hit hypothetical is a reason to stop voting for them.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Paleo low carb baby poison meat broth

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 19, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

Auspol is just garbage, but more frightening is that it's still less of a shitshow than the US and UK jfc

This but the Greens, LNP and Labor respectively.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

freebooter posted:

I did mean coalition govt. Maybe the Greens vote with the Libs sometimes, but I know they never do to the extent Labor does, therefore voting for them is better than voting for Labor.

I suspect they are strongly in the minority of Greens voters.

Certainly it's not out of the question that the Greens would form a coalition with the Liberals, though I find a scenario like that ludicrous and unworkable given their policy platforms. But a) they have a history of forming a coalition government with labor, b) their policy platform is 80% aligned with Labor, and c) the day they form a coalition with the Liberals is the day that me and probably 90% of their voter base renounce them forever like the Lib Dems were renounced after 2010. So, yeah, I really don't think that's going to happen and I reeeeeally don't think that kind of bong hit hypothetical is a reason to stop voting for them.

Sounds terrible and I hope you aren't so enthusiastically consigned to failure in your personal life

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Sounds terrible and I hope you aren't so enthusiastically consigned to failure in your personal life

I continue to be mystified at what the Green-aren't-left-enough crowd actually want

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Justice

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

freebooter posted:

I continue to be mystified at what the Green-aren't-left-enough crowd actually want

full communism now

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Material benefits to human beings

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

A legal code that doesn't suppress industrial action in contravention of the UN human rights deal we signed

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Not raping and burning and killing people in concentration camps

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

It's not mystical

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Dumbass cowards, communism will win

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

More like Close Encounters of the Perv Kind.

I'm still genuinely stunned Pell returned to face the music. The only thing I can think of to explain it is that he was directly ordered to by the pope. But even then, he's the third most powerful person in Vatican City, so could even the pope truly force him?

As deeply evil as Pell is, even he couldn't be so arrogant as to think he'd walk away from all this without a scratch?

Still, no matter what the consequences for him, finally after decades of silence, the truth is coming out and all the victims of monsters like him are finally getting their say.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

NTRabbit posted:

• Raw milkers

A problem which solves itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm still genuinely stunned Pell returned to face the music. The only thing I can think of to explain it is that he was directly ordered to by the pope. But even then, he's the third most powerful person in Vatican City, so could even the pope truly force him?

As deeply evil as Pell is, even he couldn't be so arrogant as to think he'd walk away from all this without a scratch?

Still, no matter what the consequences for him, finally after decades of silence, the truth is coming out and all the victims of mobsters like him are finally getting their say.

Opposite. Pope invented a position in the Vatican to parachute him into, to hide his enthusiasm for Child Abuse. The only just result of the inquest is to cut pope whatcemecallit's head off

• Locked thread