Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Epi Lepi posted:

The Bucs signed Chandler Catanzaro and I don't know how good/bad he actually is but whenever I hear Bucs and Kicker in the same sentence my balls shrivel up.

He's no Robert Aguayo.

He's also no Matt Bryant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hell yes, more great news.

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/974698547487625216?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Woopsie

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/974722736642756608

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Well gently caress

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/FletcherWDSU/status/974824306688577537

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

foot infection that's requiring a skin graft.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fuuuuck, if Olsen retires our next best tight end would be a guy with 3 career catches.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Shoulda gone to Cochon Butcher and persuaded them to let Suh go nuts on a side of beef with a cleaver. You know, really speak the guy's language.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

BlindSite posted:

Fuuuuck, if Olsen retires our next best tight end would be a guy with 3 career catches.

Eric Ebron went to Bojangles' so...

https://twitter.com/Ebron85/status/974490140012924929

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tom Benson wasn't kidding around. He wrote out those who challenged him on his will.

http://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article/news/local/tom-bensons-will-reveals-daughter-grandchildren-will-get-nothing/529419341

NEW ORLEANS -- Tom Benson literally wrote his daughter and grandchildren out of his will after a feud splintered what once seemed to be a tight-knit family at the helm of the city’s two major sports franchises.

Benson died Thursday at the age of 90. His will, which was filed in Orleans Parish Civil Court Friday evening, was signed in July 2015, just more than a month after a judge found him mentally competent to handle his own affairs.

Among the witnesses to that signing was New Orleans Archbishop Gregory Aymond, a close confidant of Benson and his wife, Gayle.

The document solidifies who Tom Benson considered closest among his inner circle and reiterated that his daughter, Rene Benson, and grandchildren Rita LeBlanc and Ryan LeBlanc would not get another cent of his money.

The will at one point notes, "I specifically provide that Renee Benson, Rita LeBlanc, Ryan LeBlanc, and all of their descendants shall have no interest in my succession whatsoever, and no legacy or other inheritance or benefit of any kind shall be paid to any of them under this will or otherwise."

Benson, however, said after he removed them from his business leadership team that the three would be “very well taken care of after I die.”

The document spells out that he would leave his property to a trust and that he wanted Gayle Benson to have sole power over the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans. That was an expected move, given the nature of the legal battle the family went through three years ago after Benson ousted his relatives from the family business.

The family feud partially stemmed from an argument between Gayle Benson and Rita LeBlanc during a Saints game in 2014. Rene Benson, Rita LeBlanc and Ryan LeBlanc later described Tom Benson as being mentally unfit to remove them as heirs so he could leave his fortune and sports empire to his wife.

According to the will, if the trust formed the same day the document was signed ceases to exist, all of his property would go into another trust run by Gayle and his trusted lieutenant, Saints and Pelicans President Dennis Lauscha, with Gayle having exclusive voting power in matters concerning the sports franchises.

The will also singles out Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis and longtime Benson spokesman Greg Bensel for potential roles. Both men would serve as co-executors of Benson's estate if both Lauscha and Gayle Benson become "unwilling or unable" to serve in their capacities for any reason, with Loomis having the final say on any matters on which the two men disagree.

Louisiana law empowers relatives to contest wills on various grounds, including that the deceased was mentally incapacitated or subject to undue influence in making it. The attorney for Benson's jilted relatives, Randy Smith, has not indicated whether his clients intend to pursue that option, The New Orleans Advocate reported.

Benson's visitation is set for Wednesday and Thursday at Notre Dame Seminary. A funeral Mass will be said Friday at St. Louis Cathedral. Attendance is by invitation only.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The more I read about the Bensons, the gladder I am that the team went to his wife rather than his daughter and her kids. They seem like bigger assholes the more I read.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah Grimes re-signed to a one year deal

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress yeah Grimes re-signed to a one year deal

This is very good and we signed Ryan Jensen to play center so Ali Marpet gets to go back to guard. I like the extensions we did and the two big FA pickups of Allen and Jensen so maybe the Bucs will look good this year.

*ignores shouting of "WHAT ABOUT PASS RUSH?!?!"

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

Epi Lepi posted:

*ignores shouting of "WHAT ABOUT PASS RUSH?!?!"

Source: Bucs sign DE Vinny Curry after releasing Robert Ayers

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22810798/de-vinny-curry-headed-tampa-bay-buccaneers-three-year-27-million-deal

Good start?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Sorry to see Ayers go but he was pretty ineffective last year. Hopefully Curry works out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Im actually rooting for Suh to the Saints at this point because him on that Rams line next to Donald...no bueno...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Im actually rooting for Suh to the Saints at this point because him on that Rams line next to Donald...no bueno...

him on the Saints line next to Cam Jordan is also no bueno

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

him on the Saints line next to Cam Jordan is also no bueno

Donald >>>>>>>>> Jordan

He needs to go to the AFC tbh

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 19, 2018

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Donald >>>>>>>>> Jordan

He needs to go to the AFC tbh

Donald is certainly a better player than Jordan, but Jordan had 13 sacks last year playing next to a much less talented interior line than Suh.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Donald is certainly a better player than Jordan, but Jordan had 13 sacks last year playing next to a much less talented interior line than Suh.

Oh, it's no slight against Jordan. Jordan is a great player. Donald is the best defensive player in the league though. That was not intended to be a knock on Jordan as much as pointing out how amazing Donald is. Also the Rams, at least on paper right now, are pretty scary. It probably won't all work, but man if it does...look out.

All that said, go to the Titans Suh!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

[quote="“weird Asian candy”" post="“482296657”"]
Oh, it’s no slight against Jordan. Jordan is a great player. Donald is the best defensive player in the league though. That was not intended to be a knock on Jordan as much as pointing out how amazing Donald is. Also the Rams, at least on paper right now, are pretty scary. It probably won’t all work, but man if it does...look out.

[/quote]

Donald is freakishly good, but the Rams aren’t in your division!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Donald is freakishly good, but the Rams aren’t in your division!

True. I am thinking big picture though...which...granted if you don't get our of your own division is pointless unless you get a wildcard which I kinda expect the NFCS to send 2 again this year and 2 from the North perhaps...still very early.

It doesn't change the fact that I am with our South cousin, Metapod, on this one.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Get the gently caress back in the AFC thread. This is NFC South peeps only

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Get the gently caress back in the AFC thread. This is NFC South peeps only

I'm 1/32 nfc south

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Metapod posted:

I'm 1/32 nfc south

Same you got that 23andMe thing too?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:lol: goddamn pod, where did you even come from?

You've got that dad superpower where he knows when someone touched the thermostat, but instead you know when someone says Titans in a thread.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Unless they come out with a quick Daniel Bryan shirt to celebrate his return, I may need to wear this to Wrestlemania.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Unless they come out with a quick Daniel Bryan shirt to celebrate his return, I may need to wear this to Wrestlemania.

Going to WM? Nice.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Going to WM? Nice.

Yep. I missed WM30 because I was sick. When WM34 came back to New Orleans, I bought tickets the first day they were available for all five of us. It'll be the first wrestling show my kids have ever seen. And from the looks of it, it's going to be a hell of a show.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Yep. I missed WM30 because I was sick. When WM34 came back to New Orleans, I bought tickets the first day they were available for all five of us. It'll be the first wrestling show my kids have ever seen. And from the looks of it, it's going to be a hell of a show.

That's going to be an incredible experience for you and them. I can't imagine how wild a WM would be in person. They seem to get crazier with the set each year.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I went to mania last year and it kicked so much rear end. Luckily I wasn't in the section that had the blinding lights on us so it was great. The pop for the Hardyz was unlike anything I've ever experienced live.

10/10 would do again.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I am coming from North LA for it and I am so hyped to take my son. He loves wrestling and he’s been looking forward to it for months now. I am trying to decide all of the non WWE events to go to right now as I want him to always remember this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

jpp is a buc

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Much better than last year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Plus they have Spence, Gholston, Unrein as depth guys at DL.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I wish the loving Bucs and Falcons would quit drafting LSU players.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I wish the loving Bucs and Falcons would quit drafting LSU players.

Bucs are going to draft Guice.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Bucs are going to draft Guice.

No. NO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/976834316339679233?s=19

• Locked thread