Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

yellow borders posted:

yeah this is the way im doing it with my aek and being able to remap keys is worth the extra effort of putting it all together. also if you wana un-lockswitch your caps lock it has support for that too

can the teensy or w/e drive the caps-lock light or is the aek pre-having that controlled by software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it works with the usb-adb adapter i have

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

can the teensy or w/e drive the caps-lock light or is the aek pre-having that controlled by software

it can drive the light, they’re fully software controlled and have no bearing on the key codes sent with key down and key up reports

(also keys don’t send continuous key down reports and things like caps lock are implemented entirely in software; I think the original three ADB keyboards supported N-key rollover as a result)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
here’s the main project that’s used to interface with ADB and other workstation keyboards, it’s really comprehensive

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard

I assume the docs have pointers to what to build for an interface; most workstation keyboards (including ADB) just use some form of either clocked or unclocked TTL serial and a 5V supply so they should be trivial to both build and power, all you’ll typically need is the connector itself and maybe one or two pull-up resistors if your particular keyboard uses active low signaling

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I hate this thread so much

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
woah. that’s an awful lot of youtube buttons :/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

woah. that’s an awful lot of youtube buttons :/

u fukr

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

original working name for youtube

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

I hate this thread so much

How's the box switches?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I can't type right now, my hands are destroyed from desoldering and replacing 109 keyswitches

Initial impressions are good, they are clicky like you wouldn't believe but after all this time and effort it wouldn't surprise me if I end up preferring the plain mx browns because I have fragile wimp fingers

Also not sure about these color combinations

pram
Jun 10, 2001
very nice

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

I can't type right now, my hands are destroyed from desoldering and replacing 109 keyswitches

Initial impressions are good, they are clicky like you wouldn't believe but after all this time and effort it wouldn't surprise me if I end up preferring the plain mx browns because I have fragile wimp fingers

i like the colors. reminds me of berries and stuff. cool springtime motif.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
youre definigelty a better person than me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
show me your keyboard, nerd

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Phew, I am perfectly normal with my less than 20 keyboards

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

just lol if you don’t have a cache of AEKII to last you to the end of time

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

yeesh, not sure about that iso trash layout either :mrwhite:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

iso can go straight to hell

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Roosevelt posted:

iso can go straight to hell

it has it’s own layer for a reason.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

But I likæ my tærriblæ ISØ kæybøård

You can really slam down hard on that big rear end enter key

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yea but how often do you miss the choad shift key

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

this is what you look like to normal ansi keyboard users

Raluek fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 25, 2018

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

the carriage return on mechanical typewriters was pretty drat cool

you could really whack the thing

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raluek posted:

this is what you look like to normal ansi keyboard users

:punchingrad:

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
it makes way more sense to have a big enter key than a big left shift. speaking of shift keys, the right shift key must be the most useless key ever and its on both iso and ansi

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Maximum Leader posted:

it makes way more sense to have a big enter key than a big left shift. speaking of shift keys, the right shift key must be the most useless key ever and its on both iso and ansi

if you're touch typing you're meant to hit keys on the left with your left hand while holding the right shift key with your right pinkie; iirc that's best practice

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Trip report, after using both my fancy custom keyboards for a while I can confirm MX Brown is still the best switch and this was a giant waste of money.

Maybe I would enjoy a lighter white box switch but these navy ones are way too stiff.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Owned by Cherry once again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
dehumanize yourself and face to cherry

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Cherry 2000

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I like my iPhone keyboard. can we make one of those but full size?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thanks in advance

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
buy an ipad

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I hope you spill a diet coke on your iphone

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i have avoided mech keyboard hype for years but i finally cracked have one with reds arriving tomorrow... hopefully i like reds. ive only ever tried browns before.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Skim Milk posted:

Same, but an ice cold, refreshing and effervescent coconut La Croix.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive two mechanical keyboardies I might sell

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i like reds more than browns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

[quote="Skim Milk" post="482601710"]
[/quote