Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Okay, Saturd definitely has some fuel issues. Noticed either knocking or pinging while just cruising at highway speeds tonight. Tried downshifting, no odd sounds until I laid into the throttle, then it was like marbles in a paintshaker. :stonk: Pulled into a parking lot, engine sounded brand new without load, but if I gunned it in any gear it was pinging. Definitely not a bearing knock, thankfully (oil also looked fine).

Really loving hope it's just a clogged fuel filter, and not injector issues. New filter will be here Sunday (Wix, even). The fuel pump is OEM, but has <100k on it; really hoping it didn't poo poo the bed.

I really need to look at STFT and LTFT data, but even if it is something else, uh... 200k on it, fuel filter is probably original. I'm the horrible PO. :sigh:

Still have my original Pebble, but lost the cable. :sigh: I don't even know if the software works on Win10 (or if the battery can still take a charge).

You put gas in it shortly before it started? Slim chance but I have seen more than one car messed up by bad fuel from the pump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Darchangel posted:

CNet seemed to like it. Basically an Ionic sans GPS in operation, similar to Apple Watch Series 1 versus Series 2, more or less. I was seriously considering a Blaze - my wife has one - but I really like the aesthetic and size of the Versa, so I'm glad I waited.

You're me. I've been wanting a Blaze for awhile but literally on the day I was going to just say gently caress it and buy one the Versa leaks showed up in my Google Now feed. The sans GPS thing doesn't bug me. I have no interest in GPS from a fitness perspective and I've never done something "active" where I didn't have my phone on me to some degree.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Mister Kingdom posted:

Google "Burt Reynolds Cosmopolitan". But not at work.

it's been copied or parodied ever since the original came out, too.

But the first thing I thought of, seeing that tailgate, was the "her" edition.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That second is wrong thread

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Eugene Tooms' sister.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Posting the Dein/mver tailgate should just be a probation at this point.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Your title is accurate. Demver is always allowed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somebody didn't go to art school to learn the basics of proportion :colbert:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Somebody didn't go to art school to learn the basics of proportion :colbert:

It's like a Ferengi imagined what a hoo-mahn fe-male looked like.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's like whoever painted that, has never looked at a woman as anything other than a collection of body parts to masturbate to, that somehow all go together in the same place.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
F1 car does road atlanta in 1:01

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZIlH6lOiO/

For reference, this is about a full 10s faster than an IMSA prototype car.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

It's like a Ferengi imagined what a hoo-mahn fe-male looked like.

http://kjdawson80.tumblr.com/post/19077649206/admhawthorne-piggyparpie-ianjq-corpius

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

I just have a basic, tiny fitbit because for the most part step tracking is what I needed. But now that I'm skinny and healthier I have been looking at other options. It would be awesome if there was a way to integrate my keyless entry cards into a smart watch.

Still rocking the original Fitbit Charge (not even the HR). Battery life sucks on it because it's aged, but it told me I managed 27 flights of stairs in less than 2 hours last night.

(All-Con was at a hotel I was delivering to, I got sick of waiting on the elevators - they'd all been packed like sardines by the time they got to me... add in some apartment deliveries and there ya go).

Wish the OG Charge was better at sleep tracking though. It claims I managed almost 10 hours of sleep, with an hour of "restlessness". It was 2 hours of sleep, a bit of tossing and turning before I realized the apartment ac crapped out (wasn't particularly warm, but really humid), waking up to feed the cat and call apartment maintenance, laying back down, finally falling asleep for another 1-2 hours, maintenance waking me up, them figuring out the <1 year old condenser needed a new start cap (and another round of them blaming me for it dying, this time for running it when it's below 80 outside), laying down again, dozing off briefly, then waking up for work. :sigh:

off topic, but can't wait to move out of this shithole.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That sucks. I submitted this the day I moved in:

And the day after I had a brand new Amana unit.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I have a new HVAC system (<1 year old anyway). Not just the outside unit, but everything that's not the lineset and ductwork. Coils, air handler, condenser, even the circuit breaker (back to the proper 20 amps instead of 50 amps on 12 gauge :stonkhat:).

Outside unit is Payne, which is basically scrub tier Carrier. Old outside unit was Goodman, which is basically scrub tier Amana. Inside unit is a generic as gently caress "above drop tile" style unit that you get in a ceiling-mount unit.

The old coils (from 1983) wouldn't have appreciated the pressures from R-410a. Even if they could handle it, they were caked in several inches of crap (after maintenance had supposedly" cleaned the inside coils" 3 times in 3 months, per my request, as I was getting very little airflow from the vents, and had no dust accumulation on my air filter in over 6 months).

It took 3 days to get the new system installed, and they refused to put me in a hotel (they did give me a 1.5 ton portable unit, but that only kept the bedroom cool, and it loving reeked of cigarettes... then refused to pick it up until another unit's AC broke down). During the first day, the original "tech" that came out kept accusing me of running the heater (wtf?) and said the heater was to blame (double wtf, it was 90 outside, why would I run the heat?), then said I must have been rapidly switching the ac and heat back and forth (I don't even...) and finally blamed my Nest (which did wind up being defective, but the ac had been tripping the breaker constantly from the day I moved in, even after being upsized to 25, 30, 40, and finally 50 amp breakers, and blew through 5 or 6 start caps in less than a year).

I get the feeling something's up with the property... it's disappeared from the property management company's website, I can no longer login to the resident portal thing (it tells me my account is disabled, "contact your property manager"), and any hits to their website result in a "this website has been disabled" message... for several days. Awesome.

tl;dr once I'm out of my lease, I have a company name to mention, but my lease specifically mentions "lease violation subject to eviction and lawsuit" and "online mentions of <property company name>" (but hey it also mentions it's a lease violation to contact the city about anything...)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 18, 2018

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

The only thing that's missing are her wheels. Somehow most people overlook Demver's wheels.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

wayfinder posted:

The only thing that's missing are her wheels. Somehow most people overlook Demver's wheels.

You, sir, just changed years of my life.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

wayfinder posted:

Well I'll be damned, she does have wheels. I never noticed before

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

tl;dr once I'm out of my lease, I have a company name to mention, but my lease specifically mentions "lease violation subject to eviction and lawsuit" and "online mentions of <property company name>" (but hey it also mentions it's a lease violation to contact the city about anything...)

Online mention of your property company is grounds for eviction? loving hell.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I suspect it's the good old "we can include clauses that won't stand up legally because we know people can't/won't stump up the time and money to fight us on it".

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm the post-it note stuck on to accomodate the elbow

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

wayfinder posted:

:captainpop:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

InitialDave posted:

I suspect it's the good old "we can include clauses that won't stand up legally because we know people can't/won't stump up the time and money to fight us on it".

Pretty much. I don't plan to ever lease from this company again, and up until they took resident portal (and their entire website, for that matter) down, I had proof of how long it took for every repair. :sigh:

Not sure WTF is going on with their website; it just comes up as "This webpage is currently facing temporary technical difficulties. (c) Entrada". But I've noticed their corporate website no longer lists this property, nor does it list several other properties I know they own, so I suspect they may be trying to get rid of a bunch of them.

fake edit: talking to a friend that lives at another property that also disappeared from their website, she told me they sold the property she's at in January. Can't find a drat thing about the new owners on Google.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Crossposting from the import thread

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SUPER CASUAL

Looks pretty fancy to me. :allears:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KakerMix posted:

Crossposting from the import thread

Ok I'm drawing the line here. Surely you're not so starved of Japanese cars in the US that you're posting a loving Lite Ace to the Awesome Car poo poo thread?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Dude, you need to be super casual about this.

Also, vans are awesome. The flatter the nose, the more awesome.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Memento posted:

Ok I'm drawing the line here. Surely you're not so starved of Japanese cars in the US that you're posting a loving Lite Ace to the Awesome Car poo poo thread?

Yes? Um, it's a van the size of a Chevy Sonic with RWD/4WD, the cab is over the engine and the wheels are under the driver. It's cool and unique. If it was the pickup version, I'd be on your side, but it's a microvan

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Door Frame posted:

Yes? Um, it's a van the size of a Chevy Sonic with RWD/4WD, the cab is over the engine and the wheels are under the driver. It's cool and unique. If it was the pickup version, I'd be on your side, but it's a microvan

To me, it's the equivalent of an Australian getting excited over seeing a third-generation Camaro with a V6. We never got them here but that doesn't make them good.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Memento posted:

To me, it's the equivalent of an Australian getting excited over seeing a third-generation Camaro with a V6. We never got them here but that doesn't make them good.

I saw two liteaces like that just this morning here in NZ. They're pretty cool but I wouldn't say 'awesome'

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Memento posted:

3rd gen Camaros look cool though. This van also looks cool. :shrug:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

supermegaultra posted:

I saw two liteaces like that just this morning here in NZ. They're pretty cool but I wouldn't say 'awesome'

Exactly. Familiarity breeds... well, not contempt, but certainly ambivalence.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I just want to put "SUPER CASUAL" on all my cars.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Memento posted:

People get excited about the idea of manual diesel estates, remember.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Cute little van, SUPER CASUAL is chill, 4WD, 10/10 would ditch back seats and camp with.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

xzzy posted:

International Scout

Someone at my office has one that is pristine and only comes out in the summer. It is a cool little truck.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Memento posted:

I absolutely am, yeah. You know what this looks like here in the USA? Like absolutely nothing on the road, nothing at all.
It's a Toyota cab over minivan and the trim level is literally named 'Supercasual'. 3 foot 'SUPERCASUAL' decals on each side spell it out along with the badge on the rear. It has giant 'LITE ACE' in the rear window, is rear wheel drive, has a 5 speed manual transmission and a 'Skylite' roof. People here would love this, and they'd be pretty casual about it :haw:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Ohhh it's like Suzuki Carry / Bedford/Vauxhall/GM Europe Rascal

They're great but also rubbish at the same time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are they long enough in the back for a 6 foot adult to sleep? With the 4WD version it would be a kickass camping toy, assuming they're somewhat reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Memento posted:

I'm kind of with you on this. Yeah, it's unique here but that doesn't make them good. But I also don't get nostalgic about 80's shitboxes because they're terrible by modern standards. It's not fair to judge them by that obviously but I feel like there's more nostalgia and hype to these old forgotten things than they're really worth.