Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Edward Mass posted:

I mean a commercial on AMERICAN TV. I'm an American.

I think they played an ad for F1 during the St. Pete Indycar broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Fernando shouldnt have left Ferrari

pyf fleetwood mac songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QpvSjJDWiQ

Well it was the old f1 song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Wirth1000 posted:

Anxious as heck to see how Vettel fucks over Ferrari again this season.

drive for them

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkPkmhJ-p5Q

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Is this the first Mediterranean J-pop band?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dubs posted:

drive for them

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lewis has said that red is his favourite colour. I fully expect social media to be awash in a few hours with people condemning him for siding with communism in these times of hightened political tensions with the east

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I rather think the Russian GP going to lead to some far more awkward questions on that one.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lol if we even make it to the Russian GP before the nukes start flying.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I rather think the Russian GP going to lead to some far more awkward questions on that one.

What awkward questions? The united states is a client state of Russia and Putin will be on hand to inform Liberty what needs to be improved to which they will very gracefully thank him for his input and work to implement those changes.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I remember a certain DTM race in russia that couldn't be started because Putin decided he might or might not fly over Sochi that day and thus had created a four hour no-fly-zone over the area, preventing the medical helicopter from starting.

It was a nice "DTM? What's DTM? I don't care about DTM"-moment, that strengthened my opinion about the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft having to race in countries that don't even know it exists.

Wasn't there something similar with an F1 practise session, or am I imagining things?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Huh, I must have missed the notice for this upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkBFMw63vI

Will Buxton lmao

he's literally the worst.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tuo posted:

I remember a certain DTM race in russia that couldn't be started because Putin decided he might or might not fly over Sochi that day and thus had created a four hour no-fly-zone over the area, preventing the medical helicopter from starting.

It was a nice "DTM? What's DTM? I don't care about DTM"-moment, that strengthened my opinion about the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft having to race in countries that don't even know it exists.

Wasn't there something similar with an F1 practise session, or am I imagining things?

I think some poo poo got delayed at China because the medical helicopter couldnt fly in some smog or something.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

, preventing the medical helicopter from starting.

China, last year.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Basticle posted:

I think some poo poo got delayed at China because the medical helicopter couldnt fly in some smog or something.

Think a whole practice session last season was wiped out 2nd on friday i believe.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Well this should be fun

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/975703882306347008

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Finally some positive news about F1.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

hell yeah

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol nico Rosberg getting Sky to pay for him to fly all over the world trolling Lewis is the best thing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I take it back, all the pissed off Lewis fans in the comments to that tweet is the best thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is good

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Vettel and Red Bull are coming back into contention for the title here.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
m i n d g a m e s

ITS HAPPENING!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 19, 2018

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is there anything Our Rossie can't do? Greatest driver or greatest driver of all time?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is there anything Our Rossie can't do? Greatest driver or greatest driver of all time?

Rosberg is now firmly up there with other greats like Johnny Herbert, Mark Webber and most recently, Joylon Palmer! Clearly they don't let just anyone be a pundit.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pass Hamilton with the same car?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I thought he's with RTL and Timo Glock????

I can't find the trailer on youtube, but it's running constantly in german TV. So is he active for multiple TV stations?

e: looks like it, still online: https://vodvmsmp4de-a.akamaihd.net/vod/videolounge09/186/845766_aabb_20180325_e36rfmdv_f1saisonstart.mp4

ee: doube dipping yo

tuo fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 19, 2018

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

For sure.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

tuo posted:

I thought he's with RTL and Timo Glock????

I can't find the trailer on youtube, but it's running constantly in german TV. So is he active for multiple TV stations?

e: looks like it, still online: https://vodvmsmp4de-a.akamaihd.net/vod/videolounge09/186/845766_aabb_20180325_e36rfmdv_f1saisonstart.mp4

ee: doube dipping yo

he's probably not going to be commentating, just one of the many talking heads Sky have on their far too long pre-race shows

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Nico will be there to tell the fans about how cool and awesome a guy Lewis is off the track, in his slightly anxious got-to-get-the-words-out-while-they're-still-there style.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

It's hard to pass on slicks when there's a torrential downpour of petulant tears coming from the car in front of you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

It's hard to pass on slicks when there's a torrential downpour of petulant tears coming from the car in front of you.

Finally, after almost 10 years, we get the explanation for why Hamilton couldn't get past Vettel in Brazil.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

:drat:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Finally, after almost 10 years, we get the explanation for why Hamilton couldn't get past Vettel in Brazil.

Nah that's just because he didn't have the best car at the time.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89yll3MRVGw

Almost Berniesque

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't notice it until this picture but the new F1 logo is so bad you can't even tell it says "F1" it just looks like some random wavy lines

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I didn't notice it until this picture but the new F1 logo is so bad you can't even tell it says "F1" it just looks like some random wavy lines

That's so it will display better in digital media.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Which is going to be more tedious this season: complaints about how the halo looks, complaints about how the logo looks or complaints that Mercedes are still better than everyone else?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Tsaedje posted:

Which is going to be more tedious this season: complaints about how the halo looks, complaints about how the logo looks or complaints that Mercedes are still better than everyone else?

Your posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

Your posting