Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
If it's actually like 800+ a bounce if you have your Thunderstorm quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

bamhand posted:

If it's actually like 800+ a bounce if you have your Thunderstorm quest.

raise ur hand if you've had a teammate go this talent against an Abathur team :v:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21594629/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-march-19-2018-3-19-2018

A patch!

Fenix, Tracer balance shifts, Varian gets heroics at 4 now, some Li Li changes

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So when does the increased scaling for Varian overtake his lowered base health?

Also baseline self heal on lions fang seems pretty good.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

raise ur hand if you've had a teammate go this talent against an Abathur team :v:

I believe it stack as long as you don't hit the same guy twice in a row. The wording is a bit weird though.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Jesus, 30 seconds for Tracer recall now.

Remember when on release it was like 24 seconds and you could talent it down to 20 at level 1?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kurieg posted:

Also baseline self heal on lions fang seems pretty good.

I really think the health and damage reductions in return to scaling seems a bit much, of course I've not played it or anything. I think it evens out at like 25, which is pretty bad. Colossus Smash still has the reduction in health too

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 19, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

quote:

The opposing team’s player names are no longer visible during a draft.

:rip: whispering enemy friendgoons during draft

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Indev Blog post, too.

I'mma get ALL them rare skins.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Day one purchase.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow they nerfed the poo poo out of parry. Baseline cooldown increase, no more duration increase/CD reduction, and you only get 1 charge (but half CD) if you take Protected.

Maybe fang build will be the new hotness...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kurieg posted:

Does scaling in this game compound or is it linear? Basically:

Linear:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 104%
Level 3: 108%
Level 4: 112%

Compounding:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 104%
Level 3: 1.04*1.04=108.16% HP
Level 4: 1.04*1.04*1.04=112.4864% HP

If it's the former, it doesn't catch up until level 100+. If it's the latter, level 24.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oh my god all the carbot things are amazing :syoon:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

Does scaling in this game compound or is it linear?
It compounds.

Varian now has melee spec/support HP as twin blades, ranged HP as colossus, and about average tank EHP as taunt. (Before taunt Varian actually had the highest effective HP in the game at 10 except for Cho'Gall with armor up, and fell behind only Stitches and unarmored Cho'Gall by 20.)

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 19, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kerrrrrrr posted:

oh my god all the carbot things are amazing :syoon:

omg it's Oglaf lizard of shame, combined with Tonberry :syoon:

(I'm at work but if you're not, google it)

Varian getting lvl 4 ultimates is pretty sweet. That changes a whole lot, so I expect we'll have to wait 'n see which way it's balanced.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's gonna be so hard to decide between this or Magical Gal Chromie as a spray.

I'm getting the portrait immediately, though.

The Gallows
Aug 10, 2007

Yip-yip-yip-yip... Uh-huh.
I've never been a fan of Murky until I started reading this thread. Now I can't wait for that Murky carbot portrait.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Carbot still a national treasure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can’t tell if you guys are joking or not about these awful Carbot sprays

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Mods?!?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

What the gently caress is this

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

:rip: whispering enemy friendgoons during draft

This is such a good change if you are a one trick

Macaluso posted:

enjoy your ban fucko!!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Macaluso posted:

how do i kick you out of my thread

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Some of Fenix's talents make it absolutely offensive that Raynor is still in the game as an AA assassin

He also has a % health AA tank shredder that is almost as good (or possibly better) as Tychus

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Lack of new skins make me sad.

Carbot sprays make my goddamn day.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Carbot announcer when, Blizzard? Carbot announcer when?

Speaking of announcers though, a bunch of people on Reddit are talking about there being Mira Han and Adjutant announcers coming as well? I didn't see anything like that in the patchnotes, but there's this.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kai Tave posted:

Carbot announcer when, Blizzard? Carbot announcer when?

Speaking of announcers though, a bunch of people on Reddit are talking about there being Mira Han and Adjutant announcers coming as well? I didn't see anything like that in the patchnotes, but there's this.
Yeah three announcers coming in this patch.

Fenix
Adjutant
Mira Han

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Macaluso posted:

your evangelism of our lord and savior murky is the only thing that is going to earn you any forgiveness for this

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yeah three announcers coming in this patch.

Fenix
Adjutant
Mira Han

What's interesting is if that Mira Han announcer video is anything to go by, she has the same sort of "hero and announcer are both the same" lines that other characters in the game get, which means there might very well be a Mira Han hero coming (with or without Horner).

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Midnightghoul posted:

Some of Fenix's talents make it absolutely offensive that Raynor is still in the game as an AA assassin

He also has a % health AA tank shredder that is almost as good (or possibly better) as Tychus

https://www.hotslogs.com/News/fenixs-abilties-talents-and-ultimates-detailed-in-hero-spotlight for those who have missed it. Some of them seem quite good, to say the least.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Dang those zergling mounts look thicc

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kai Tave posted:

What's interesting is if that Mira Han announcer video is anything to go by, she has the same sort of "hero and announcer are both the same" lines that other characters in the game get, which means there might very well be a Mira Han hero coming (with or without Horner).
Link to point in video where she does this, I think it confirms Mira is in the pipeline but I don't think she's next. The next hero is going to be announced at PAX East on April 5th

quote:

Do you remember the moment when you first experienced a Blizzard game? Can you remember the Hero or character you played that cemented your love for Blizzard? Join the Heroes of the Storm development to team to discuss the magic behind creating characters that leave a lasting impression and get a front row seat for the introduction of one of the most unlikely Heroes from Blizzard’s history to join the Nexus yet. Be the first to learn how the lore of Heroes of the Storm will add to the larger Blizzard universe.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

Be the first to learn how the lore of Heroes of the Storm will add to the larger Blizzard universe.

No, please God, the last thing this game needs is Blizzard lore.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If they were smart they'd sell the new announcers as a starcraft anniversary real-money bundle.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Apparently hotslogs is also a news site now, and has fenix's talents: https://www.hotslogs.com/News/fenixs-abilties-talents-and-ultimates-detailed-in-hero-spotlight

Interestingly he has no heroic upgrades at 20, just passives.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 19, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So Fenix is another hero who doesn't have augments to his ults at 20. Also if his level 16 Arsenal Overcharge is taken at face value, he can get Battle Momentum-esque CDR on all of his abilities, not just basics.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I've always dreamed of playing AS Mira Han... all those classic moments

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Who's the most unlikely hero from blizzards history, is the real question. Metzen with cosplay skins? Ghost crawler crab from blizzards website?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Well it's not Mira Han because everyone wants her in the game. Possibly the most beloved character in all of Blizzard's storied history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Blackthorne. Deckard Cain. Chris Metzen. The concept of corruption. An overlord.