Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i used to almost exclusively play irelia and while the new one is probably going to be a lot of fun to play that looked incredibly obnoxious to play against. but hey, the zoe teaser also made her look incredibly obnoxious to play against and- hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

shes.... perfect...

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

She looks fun to play but probably an absolute annoying nightmare to play against.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Firebert posted:

Best champion aesthetics in a while, she looks amazing and her theme is fantastic

The Shortest Path posted:

I sure can't wait for everyone and their mother to be playing Yet Another Dashy rear end in a top hat With Short Duration Invulnerability

the fact that these are both 100% true is the perfect microcosm of modern riot

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

JerryLee posted:

the fact that these are both 100% true is the perfect microcosm of modern riot

It really, really is.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 19, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

duck trucker posted:

She looks fun to play but probably an absolute annoying nightmare to play against.

What her designer's said so far is that she has more dashes but they're all conditional on resets or other factors. My guess is that Bladesurge only resets on kill or on popping whatever that blade mark she applies is, so fighting her is about avoiding the conditions necessary for her to dash around like an rear end in a top hat, sort of like Yasuo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
That video isn't going to be representative of how mobile she is gonna be, a lot of the resets she is getting is off of champ kills which current irelia can already do. It looks like ult and stun will mark people to give her free bladesurges but both are going to be on pretty long cds. I imagine she is losing her tenacity passive which will make her a lot easier to lock down.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I sure can't wait for everyone and their mother to be playing Yet Another Dashy rear end in a top hat With Short Duration Invulnerability

League players: will literally eviscerate riot if irelia's rework loses her q dash
Riot: Okay, lets sharpen Q as a focal point in her kit.
League players: UGH ALL THESE CHARACTERS WITH DASHES WTF RIOT YOU COULD HAVE MADE HER NOT ANOTHER ASSHILES WITH DASHING ON THEIR KIT

:thunk:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Monathin posted:

League players: will literally eviscerate riot if irelia's rework loses her q dash
League players: UGH ALL THESE CHARACTERS WITH DASHES WTF RIOT YOU COULD HAVE MADE HER NOT ANOTHER ASSHILES WITH DASHING ON THEIR KIT

I mean if she's no more dashy than before then I don't have a problem with it. That wasn't really the impression I got from the video tho

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZiMNo5-uo&t=53s <-- acting as though this is anywhere close to the reasonable number of dashes/dash reset potential her original kit had is pretty silly, imo

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 19, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Monathin posted:

It's almost like there's a midpoint between "not having a dash" and "cannot be clicked on because of nonstop dashing"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Getting Q resets without kills is entirely conditional on her landing either her ult or an incredibly telegraphed line stun, not to mention that her Q is unit-targeted. If two people get hit by her line stun in a teamfight, you have a pretty good idea what her movement pattern is going to be, and if she doesn't land her line stun at all, she's entirely at the mercy of using her ult or fishing for takedowns for her mobility.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

JerryLee posted:

I mean if she's no more dashy than before then I don't have a problem with it. That wasn't really the impression I got from the video tho

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZiMNo5-uo&t=53s <-- acting as though this is anywhere close to the reasonable number of dashes/dash reset potential her original kit had is pretty silly, imo

She doesn't go dota carry on you with effective CC immunity now, on the other hand

Which is a huuuuge improvement

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

FWIW :shrug:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

irelia could devour the gently caress out of a foolish veigar

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's almost like there's a midpoint between "not having a dash" and "cannot be clicked on because of nonstop dashing"

I hadn't seen the video when I posted this, admittedly, but my opinion hasn't changed that much, specifically this:

Vermain posted:

Getting Q resets without kills is entirely conditional on her landing either her ult or an incredibly telegraphed line stun, not to mention that her Q is unit-targeted. If two people get hit by her line stun in a teamfight, you have a pretty good idea what her movement pattern is going to be, and if she doesn't land her line stun at all, she's entirely at the mercy of using her ult or fishing for takedowns for her mobility.

is basically where I was at. She clearly can only reset her dash on either a mark which requires some setup of some of her other abilities (which seem far more complex in this iteration) or a kill (something irelia already does). She looks speedy but you can basically tell where she's going.

Also I'll take dashes over native tenacity literally every day of the week.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Looking for tips or video guides on how I can improve my lane trading awareness. This is in the context of me spamming Kai`Sa who has a 500-range attack, so I do realize that it is basically always going to go somewhat poorly early on against other skilled laners. :v:

Still, I think it is something I can work on. Right now I'm trying my best to remain observant and snipe enemies when they go for last hits of their own. It seems to be working out somewhat ok, but I know there is a lot more to it than just that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Siets posted:

Looking for tips or video guides on how I can improve my lane trading awareness. This is in the context of me spamming Kai`Sa who has a 500-range attack, so I do realize that it is basically always going to go somewhat poorly early on against other skilled laners. :v:

Still, I think it is something I can work on. Right now I'm trying my best to remain observant and snipe enemies when they go for last hits of their own. It seems to be working out somewhat ok, but I know there is a lot more to it than just that.

watch the enemy minions, position yourself to harass them when they go for a last hit in the minion you would last hit

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Y'know, I'm cutting my lossess and quitting the game. There's not much point in playing a game when your ideal is "every champion is old Ryze" and the devs clearly want every champion to be Yasuo.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Aumanor posted:

Y'know, I'm cutting my lossess and quitting the game. There's not much point in playing a game when your ideal is "every champion is old Ryze" and the devs clearly want every champion to be Yasuo.

There's always Comet/Scorch/Cheap Shot/Corrupting Potion/Ignite Sion mid, which is a hell of a thing right now.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm 15 days clean.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Logged back in after 5 years to find someone had hijacked my account and was half way into a 90 min game.
Hope he enjoyed it changed the password now :)

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

That E sounds pretty cool. I never liked old irelia very much but I could see myself playing this one.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

cant wait for a 4th invulnerable samurai to have to ban

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Have y'all considered reading the abilities of other heroes and learning how to play around their abilities?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

gently caress no

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Aumanor posted:

This sounds real boring, jesus

'every champion just stands there and runs a noninteractive combo with 0% fail chance on each other'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terbulus posted:

Logged back in after 5 years to find someone had hijacked my account and was half way into a 90 min game.
Hope he enjoyed it changed the password now :)
did you continue the game for him

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Transient People posted:

This sounds real boring, jesus

'every champion just stands there and runs a noninteractive combo with 0% fail chance on each other'

do you think people just didnt enjoy playing the game in season 1 or what

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Radical posted:

People have fun playing shity games everyday. I had a lot of fun but that doesn't mean a lot of the decisions made back then weren't bad

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

People have fun playing shity games everyday. I had a lot of fun but that doesn't mean a lot of the decisions made back then weren't bad

and yasuo is... good?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Monathin posted:

its almost like they made her q able to have more dashes than before. before her dashing around was something she had to specifically setup and play around - she was a terror to fight if there were minions around or even if she could get a kill onto a champion with her q but her mobility was very restrictive. there were obvious gaps where you could corner her and kill her, such as when she wasn't near minions or when all your minions were full health in the lane.

now she gets q resets just off of landing her other abilities. im not even necessarily saying this is bad but 'making q a focal point' seems to have removed a lot of the specificity and uniqueness of her q resets and dashes in favor of basically making her able to yasuo around, which imo removes some of her flavor. a champion that has a specific scenario in which they work best is more interesting than a champion that can just make their scenario happen at will.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 20, 2018

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

As long as her passive isn't stacking tenacity then I'm okay with her being a little bit more mobile

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

old Irelia people just maxed Q second and it was on a 4 second cooldown at level 13 so the resets didn't even matter as much. without seeing the numbers its hard to say if the new one is even that much more mobility.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Radical posted:

Most champs are more interactive than old ryze was. Even Annie has more play to her than old Desperate Power Ryze.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Irelia does not look impossibly difficult to deal with. Her dashes look conditional on her enemy's positioning. The video also has her killing like 3 or more dudes a fight with her Q, so I'd expect her to do so.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

and yasuo is... good?

yasuo is one of the best/most fun characters in the game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Verviticus posted:

yasuo is one of the best/most fun characters in the game

Not for the other nine people in the game he isn't.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Can they add a custom announcer that only plays when you are Yasuo and it's just the same woman but she sighs while she says everything

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Not for the other nine people in the game he isn't.

hes extremely fun to play against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Verviticus posted:

hes extremely fun to play against

:chloe: