Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im not interested in god of war at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

^oh

exquisite tea posted:

The director for this one is Corey Barlog, who was the project lead on God of War 2. It’s hilarious that all these dad games are being made now that devs are getting older but if it results in better more mature stories then what’s the harm.

Oh I'm not saying there's harm. I am a father and enjoy, resonate with the themes way more. It's very very good that God of War 2s lead "grew out of it" and I actually think it will be very fun to watch the work mature with the ...artist? Creator? Whawts the last lovely way to say that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Huh for some reason I'm suddenly interested in God of War

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samuringa posted:

So, that means we're up for some Gran Torino videogames in 20-30 years, right?

The My Hero Academia game is out sometime this year

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I will not purchase God of War

Until I play through my backlog of other cool titles I bought for $10 at the start of the year, at which point I can buy War Dad for $10 as well :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Did they change how it worked from the previous games?

I'm only familiar with Kiwami 1 and 0 but if you want to do a Heat Move there, you just need to have enough of it stored up and the opportunity to arrive before you hit triangle. Now it looks like you've got to charge it up before you can actually do whatever violence. Like, it used to flow 'You have a trash can and heat stored up. Walk over to a drunkard, hit triangle, bam, heat move' to 'You have a trash can. Walk over to a drunkard, mash a button for a few seconds and then heat move happens'

fridge corn posted:

Same. Lemme know when there's a lady version and you can fastball special your daughter at a minotaur and have her cut its head off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can tell there's a serious lack of women in game development when Bayonetta is still the best video game mom.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

exquisite tea posted:

You can tell there's a serious lack of women in game development when Bayonetta is still the best video game mom.

Womens avoid jobs with a bad work-life balance, such has software development. Womens are smart.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Actually its

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ness' mom is a very good gaming mom

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tei posted:

Womens avoid jobs with a bad work-life balance, such has software development. Womens are smart.

:biotruths:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I feel compelled to add Samus to the list because of whatever the gently caress Nintendo was trying to do with Other M.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Morby posted:

I feel compelled to add Samus to the list because of whatever the gently caress Nintendo was trying to do with Other M.

Samus is a good video game mom despite Other M not because of it

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

I am interested to see how that 1 goon got 1-shotted

veni veni veni posted:

I had to redo it a second time because that bucketwheel mech killed me in one hit. I'm guessing that is what happened to him. The prologue is not hard though. I easily avoided it the second time.

There is a boss that had a command grab in one of the towers. Completely surprised me because I had no clue the stuff even existed in the game.

Normally I would be like whatever, but it appeared after 20 minutes of inane hacking that I couldn't save after, so I was especially sour.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 19, 2018

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

haveblue posted:

Samus is a good video game mom despite Other M not because of it

I have never gone from hype to disillusioned so fast with a game. It was so disappointing and unnecessary. Beautiful art style, though!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Turns out Moms aren’t tough

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

VideoGames posted:

This is my favourite! Originally the bullet hell one was longer because I found this cool video of someone dodging the spheres (I haven never played Nier so I am not sure what they are) and it was about 3 megs of constant back and forth before hitting the machine :D

These are incredibly cool. Uh, how many gang tags are you allowed? :D

Speaking of the Ubisoft formula, I'm looking forward to trying AC Rogue tomorrow. I hear it's got the worst Irish accent in games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Awesome.

VideoGames posted:

I never really know what to say to people being nice to me, but thank you :)

:3:

Regy Rusty posted:

:lol:

exquisite tea posted:

:lol::lol:

Looking forward to playing brutal Mom of War in TLOU2 tho

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RareAcumen posted:

Same. Lemme know when there's a lady version and you can fastball special your daughter at a minotaur and have her cut its head off.

You are looking for Dragon's Dogma my friend.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Guillermus posted:

Post your review when you give it some playtime! I watched a bunch of reviews of both razer and nacon 1337 h4x0r controllers and some are suspiciously overly positive, and others are not enough in-depth.

Guillermus posted:

I'm interested in this aswell. I own a 360, a Xbone controller for my PC and of course my two DS4 for my PS4 and yet I still like the Xbone one slightly more than the DS4.

Alright, I got my DS4, Nacon, and Razer Raiju laid out here. To preface, I haven't actually played with the Razer Raiju yet. I also have the Hori mini pad but they were $20 on amazon so I picked up to two for the rare four-player Rayman and poo poo. They serve their purpose :shrug:

Bob NewSCART posted:

Nostalgia, what are your main complaints with the comfortability of the nacon?

Feels cheap. Left joystick is poo poo. I got the V 1.0 from the UK when it first came out and I had been waiting for it for a while. Just doesn't have a comfortable feel at all. I'll opt for my DS4 if I'm just lounging playing a simple game. I would say I have smaller hands for a dude and it's just cumbersome. But some people say it's real comfortable so don't take my word for it. I had the tallest FPS freek on the right and it gave me cramps (DS4 controller does't) so I had to get the smaller FPS freek. The right joystick is raised already so I guess that's fair. Buttons feel like a kids toy and are just extremely mushy and overly large. Like a telephone number pad on a phone for the elderly.

Also they released a Nacon Revolution Pro V 2.0 which I think only changed one extreme design oversight. Looks like the 1.0 is $100 or so and the 2.0 is $150? But again, I think they just changed the connector. The first one had a really dumb proprietary pin.

You'll see a lot of pics like this online. Your first inclination is to just shove the connector in and spin it around. I did this but thankfully realized before it was too late and was able to bend the pins back. Again, definitely partly on the user, but still silly. Once you line the pins up perfectly it sort of screws on so it's not really meant for unplugging and is a non-issue then. I'll never unplug mine at the risk of one of the metal pins coming loose.

I checked and it looks like the V 2.0 uses a USB C cable

Just fussing with the Razer I can tell you it feels much better in quality. The Nacon comes with gimmicky weights you can adjust but the Razer feels solid all around. Razer seems to be more expensive as a whole at $150. Feels much more comfortale and the buttons click much more precise and less mushy. Joysticks feel more comfortable. The Nacon uses a PC program to adjust the settings and controller mapping, but has four profiles. Razer seems to have two but you can adjust the macros on the fly, I think?

Also the Razer has two extra buttons that can be mapped which are between R1/R2 and L1/L2. They're kind of tough to hit though. Not sure if the Nacon can be used on PC. Because of the PC program I am also not sure if you can adjust the Razer's joystick at all? The Nacon has different profiles and technical poo poo. Razer has trigger stops with a screwdriver thing, however that works--still haven't fussed with that. Might be a deal breaker for some. On the Nacon you can adjust the point of travel in which the trigger engages at least? Razer also has some buttons at the bottom for adjusting volume and muting etc, but I haven't messed with that. I am not sure if that's only if you plug a headset in. Either way the Nacon has nothing, but both have a regular headphone jack and touchpad.

Being that both run wired I am curious if audio output is better for headphones as it's not transmitted via bluetooth? or maybe it is idk

I'm gonna try the Razer out proper and see how that one is but AMA and all that hope this helps some of y'all. If I had to say outright now which to get I'd say go with the Razer

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 20, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ryoga posted:

You are looking for Dragon's Dogma my friend.

Seconded. The pawns are basically your kids.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I beat Yak 0's main story and there's nothing I can add to what everyone already said about the last acts being a rollercoaster of shirtless brawls but I'm actually pretty surprised that, all things considered, Makoto didn't get an ending as bad as I thought she would. I was definitely expecting "Braindead", "Comatose Forever", "Crippled In An Even Worse Way", but all in all, she got a sort of good ending? Except the Tachibana bit and her life being complete hell until that point but now she got one that's worth living!

Also, 60 hours long and 48% completion. I'll still go back to do some substories, but I think it won't be for long, as I have a backlog and Kiwami might go on sale soon.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

If you thought games about having a young kid were fun, wait till you see the games about having adult children and young grandkids.

Sure, I will wait... until APRIL 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzq_rFXOJh0

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Samuringa posted:

I beat Yak 0's main story and there's nothing I can add to what everyone already said about the last acts being a rollercoaster of shirtless brawls but I'm actually pretty surprised that, all things considered, Makoto didn't get an ending as bad as I thought she would. I was definitely expecting "Braindead", "Comatose Forever", "Crippled In An Even Worse Way", but all in all, she got a sort of good ending? Except the Tachibana bit and her life being complete hell until that point but now she got one that's worth living!

Also, 60 hours long and 48% completion. I'll still go back to do some substories, but I think it won't be for long, as I have a backlog and Kiwami might go on sale soon.

Does anyone know if there are any true missables in Yakuza 0, or is it one of those games where if you want to 100% it you can just keep working on it bit by bit? I hate when games make you start over and do everything in one go (because you end up having to grind stuff or use a guide).

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

DrNutt posted:

Does anyone know if there are any true missables in Yakuza 0, or is it one of those games where if you want to 100% it you can just keep working on it bit by bit? I hate when games make you start over and do everything in one go (because you end up having to grind stuff or use a guide).

I'm pretty sure that as of yakuza 4, nothing is permanently missable. 4 had one quest chain that became uncompleteable after a certain point in the story but opened up again in the post game/premium adventure.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pretty sure Yak 0 has missable trophies that are chapter specific.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I took a quick look at the Yakuza 0 trophy list and there's 8 missable trophies. All of which are linked to a specific chapter and for doing specific actions. You have to beat the game twice (once normally and once on Legend) to get Platinum so if you miss any the first go-around then you can just look at a guide and get them on the Legend run.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Alright, I got my DS4, Nacon, and Razer Raiju laid out here. To preface, I haven't actually played with the Razer Raiju yet. I also have the Hori mini pad but they were $20 on amazon so I picked up to two for the rare four-player Rayman and poo poo. They serve their purpose :shrug:

Feels cheap. Left joystick is poo poo. I got the V 1.0 from the UK when it first came out and I had been waiting for it for a while. Just doesn't have a comfortable feel at all. I'll opt for my DS4 if I'm just lounging playing a simple game. I would say I have smaller hands for a dude and it's just cumbersome. But some people say it's real comfortable so don't take my word for it. I had the tallest FPS freek on the right and it gave me cramps (DS4 controller does't) so I had to get the smaller FPS freek. The right joystick is raised already so I guess that's fair. Buttons feel like a kids toy and are just extremely mushy and overly large. Like a telephone number pad on a phone for the elderly.

Also they released a Nacon Revolution Pro V 2.0 which I think only changed one extreme design oversight. Looks like the 1.0 is $100 or so and the 2.0 is $150? But again, I think they just changed the connector. The first one had a really dumb proprietary pin.

You'll see a lot of pics like this online. Your first inclination is to just shove the connector in and spin it around. I did this but thankfully realized before it was too late and was able to bend the pins back. Again, definitely partly on the user, but still silly. Once you line the pins up perfectly it sort of screws on so it's not really meant for unplugging and is a non-issue then. I'll never unplug mine at the risk of one of the metal pins coming loose.

I checked and it looks like the V 2.0 uses a USB C cable

Just fussing with the Razer I can tell you it feels much better in quality. The Nacon comes with gimmicky weights you can adjust but the Razer feels solid all around. Razer seems to be more expensive as a whole at $150. Feels much more comfortale and the buttons click much more precise and less mushy. Joysticks feel more comfortable. The Nacon uses a PC program to adjust the settings and controller mapping, but has four profiles. Razer seems to have two but you can adjust the macros on the fly, I think?

Also the Razer has two extra buttons that can be mapped which are between R1/R2 and L1/L2. They're kind of tough to hit though. Not sure if the Nacon can be used on PC. Because of the PC program I am also not sure if you can adjust the Razer's joystick at all? The Nacon has different profiles and technical poo poo. Razer has trigger stops with a screwdriver thing, however that works--still haven't fussed with that. Might be a deal breaker for some. On the Nacon you can adjust the point of travel in which the trigger engages at least? Razer also has some buttons at the bottom for adjusting volume and muting etc, but I haven't messed with that. I am not sure if that's only if you plug a headset in. Either way the Nacon has nothing, but both have a regular headphone jack and touchpad.

Being that both run wired I am curious if audio output is better for headphones as it's not transmitted via bluetooth? or maybe it is idk

I'm gonna try the Razer out proper and see how that one is but AMA and all that hope this helps some of y'all. If I had to say outright now which to get I'd say go with the Razer

I picked one up(the nacon) the other day off kijiji because the dude was selling it for 80 bucks and they’re 140 retail here without tax. Feels pretty nice, haven’t played with it too much and am setting up the profiles now but I’ve always preferred the Xbox layout(strictly og Xbox and then pretty much strictly 360 until this generation) and my hands are bigger so it feels more comfortably in them. Build quality doesn’t feel horrible but I don’t know if I got a newer manufacturing run than yours

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think they did do some small QC improvements all around

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm real confused as to why cash isn't flying out of these thugs.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Looks like you can get a PS4 with battlefront for $340 at Target

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/373419

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Can you heat gun goofy decals off a PlayStation lol?

Pros are starting to get in my gently caress it price range.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Battlefront jokes aside that one doesn’t look half bad imo

So with two PS4s in the house I can have one set to a primary and pretty much share all games and ps+ subscription between the two right? I understand one just always has to have an internet connection? Pretty much looking to get a PS4 for my s/o and as I understand it outside of buying the PS4 everything else is shared/free-ish

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Should I play Ni No Kuni II

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play the coen bros adaptation, Ni No Clooney.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Im getting it now that yakuza is delayed

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Battlefront jokes aside that one doesn’t look half bad imo

So with two PS4s in the house I can have one set to a primary and pretty much share all games and ps+ subscription between the two right? I understand one just always has to have an internet connection? Pretty much looking to get a PS4 for my s/o and as I understand it outside of buying the PS4 everything else is shared/free-ish

Basically, you use User A on PS4 Primary B, and User B on PS4 Primary A. They don't always have to be online, but if you aren't online, User A will only have access to the downloaded B games, not any of his own games.

I think plus status is shared on a console but I don't know if using this game sharing method will let you share plus, so you might have to buy two subscriptions.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think for PS+ someone on the main PS4 can have their own separate PSN account, and you can log into your own PSN account on a separate PS4, keeping A as your main. I do think internet is required here

So if you count that as sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
How well does KC:D run on a release PS4? My laptop is pushing 7 years old, and it'll be a while before I get a new one because I'm waiting for post-Meltdown chipsets to come out, so it's the console life for me for now.