Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MANime in the sheets posted:

Not really relevant to this thread, but I've wondered about that. It sounds like a classic example of an invalid ballot, but I didn't really see any protest or complaints from the state party. It cost them a majority in the chamber; I'd think they would be really salty about it, but I didn't see much even before the coin flip.

Frankly Democrats need to up the outrage game. Back when Walker was getting mass protested there was an election for a judge which got a lot of publicity. The Democrat was winning until a ton of votes just appeared on the election commissioner's private computer, and just enough to flip it at the last minute. This commissioner had history of both working with Walker and unethical complaints against her. The Democrats basically just accepted this result with almost no outcry.
Maybe everything was on the up and up but it was so obviously shady that if the party's were reversed, we would STILL be hearing Rush Limbaugh screaming about that stolen election today. In the case of Virginia it was pretty bullshit although PROBABLY technically the right decision although it means that the rule going forward is to never certify anything as invalid that could even potentially be a vote for your candidate and fight every ballot. The bullshit part is that the Republicans basically had a day to work on their story while the Democrats didn't since they won and didn't go looking through the trash for anything they could use. Like the Wisconsin election if that canister had the other name on it Trump would probably be occasionally tweeting about election fraud referencing it while the Democrats don't even mention how shady that went down.

One of the issues is I think Democrats still want to work with Republicans as partners in governing the country even though Republicans have gone totally scorched Earth (which I think is becoming increasingly dangerous) leading to a situation where if the GOP was rightfully called out on its undemocratic and fascist behavior everything would break down even more. Republican voters are probably more susceptible to the idea of STOLEN ELECTIONS but most people get angry at the idea of unfair play and don't really respect good sportsmanship in the face of that.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Vargatron posted:

I wonder what people would have said if a fire broke out and she died while being trapped in a maglocked room?

Should've engaged in her second amendment rights against door locks.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Saw this retweeted into my timeline:

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/975788017116790786

:thunk:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

lol if you carry a smartphone around and you're worried about the government tracking your location

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

that

that's not

no regulations would mean more self-driving cars, not less

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lycus posted:

Is Shep finally gonna get fired?

No, he actually just signed a pretty big contract extension.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

No, he actually just signed a pretty big contract extension.

I'm pretty sure without Shep they'd have to rename themselves the Fox Opinions Channel.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
For anyone that's been watching RWM, have they talked at all about Cambridge analytica? If so what has been the prevailing marching orders?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

seiferguy posted:

For anyone that's been watching RWM, have they talked at all about Cambridge analytica? If so what has been the prevailing marching orders?
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/975810729512087552

:qq: This is just another excuse to purge conservatives (the real victims) from social media. :qq:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Maybe they should try making their own facebook(again).

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

PhazonLink posted:

Maybe they should try making their own facebook(again).
FarmersOnly.com

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Rush is upset that he's not get credit for coining the term "Deep State", but really could if he WANTED to.

He cited a Monmouth poll that said something like 70% or Americans surveyed, "when the question is framed THIS WAY", believe in the Deep State.

The framing?

That there are clandestine monied interests behind the scenes that manipulate politicians and law. Or something like that.

It was basically an indictment of corporations and lobbyists (if the question were put to me that way I would have said 'yes') but Rush trotted it out there like it validated his super Illuminatti Muslim Jew FBI CIA Liberal Media Obama cabal and even went out of his way to say that "Monmouth...now THIS is a respectable poll"...effectively affirming that all the other right wing slanted polls are bullshit.

So it was like "unlike those other polls that I cite all the time, in addition to all those unskewed left liberal polls that got the election wrong, THIS one is real because it affirms my bullshit, even though the framing of the question is leading."

people believe this poo poo. Your family, co-workers and bosses. Cops. Governors.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

BiggerBoat posted:

people believe this poo poo. Your family, co-workers and bosses. Cops. Governors.

I have a chat at least weekly about lovely coworkers saying vile RWM poo poo with my other friends. Thankfully my family isn't like that, or I would probably be extremely depressed.

Shep may be the only legitimately credible news anchor Fox News has, though I'm sure if he got fired he's be picked up by another network. I mean it's shocking to hear him talk on there because he's not 100% lock step with the network.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/975944682172710912

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Twitter needs an edit button.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/975788353810558977?s=20

It is really hard to not use certain words about Dana

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Hmm I wonder what stance NRATV is taking... the answer may shock you...

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Twitter needs an edit button.
Bullies on the playground are a corrective therefore JP being pantsed is cool and good and needs to have happened more often.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

eNeMeE posted:

Bullies on the playground are a corrective therefore JP being pantsed is cool and good and needs to have happened more often.

:bisonyes:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/976100769417121794

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So how is it that 4 bombs (in loving Texas of all places) that are straight up acts of domestic terrorism not the biggest loving story in the country right now. A loving bomber is on the loose. You'd think FOX would be on this 24/7.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

So how is it that 4 bombs (in loving Texas of all places) that are straight up acts of domestic terrorism not the biggest loving story in the country right now. A loving bomber is on the loose. You'd think FOX would be on this 24/7.

The victims were black

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BiggerBoat posted:

Police have said that they don't have enough evidence to confirm that it's an act of terrorism, and who are they to argue with cops?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The victims were black

The third bomb (the one with the tripwire) hit two white boys i thought?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

BiggerBoat posted:

The victims all share something in common, but I'm in the dark as to what. Perhaps truth in this case isn't black and white.

Or maybe Texas is an awful shithole where the cops don't care if African Americans are getting exploded.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BiggerBoat posted:

https://twitter.com/70ceeks/status/975815868344164353?s=21

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feinne posted:

The victims all share something in common, but I'm in the dark as to what. Perhaps truth in this case isn't black and white.

Or maybe Texas is an awful shithole where the cops don't care if African Americans are getting exploded.

two of the victims were white

everyone wants to throw up their hands and lament the police not caring about terrorists because that's cathartic, but there isn't enough factual information to determine if it's a terrorist or a murderer now or what. i mean, i dont want to rain on anybody's parade about police racism here, i'm just pointing at what information does or doesn't exist. serial bombers are extremely difficult to catch

e: do yall remember that muslims were caught setting bombs in NYC in 2016 and 2017? me neither. bombings just dont move the needle right now in terms of newsworthiness in the howling trumpstorm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_York_and_New_Jersey_bombings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_New_York_City_attempted_bombing

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 20, 2018

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

How can this not be considered terrorism?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BiggerBoat posted:

Terrorism is ideological.

Blowing poo poo up because the dog told you to isn't terrorism. It's just nuts.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Unless that dog is Jesus.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BiggerBoat posted:

in my uneducated opinion rn the bomber at first appeared to be a serial murderer. porch bombs hand delivered to random people? this is the common behavior of someone with a poo poo list and the ability to construct bombs. the fact that the victims were all persons of color is noteworthy but not indicative, the murderer could also be a POC. likewise it's notable that two of the victims were associated with racial justice organizations but again this is somewhat circumstantial, i dont recall hearing they were notably high up in these groups and racist bombers typically target high profile individuals like judges, leaders, prominent activists, not rank and file members. and at this point you're pretty likely to kill a member of a racial justice organization if you kill a young person of color in america

however since the police put out the "please tell us who you are statement" (itself indicative the investigation has stalled because, package bombers are really hard to catch unless they gently caress up somehow) the bomber has put a bomb in public, targeting passerby, as well as a bomb mailed through the system itself, indicating either the bomb hosed up or it was intended to go off in transit, sowing further confusion. at this point it probably is terrorism if the bombs are supposed to go off semi-randomly. or not, maybe it's a copycat. who knows at this point, any speculation should be prefaced with qualifications because in my knowledge of american murderers and bombers something like this is extremely rare - a true random, mad bomber

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The Unabomber was on the loose for 18 years and 16 known bombings from his first bomb to when he finally got arrested. It's difficult to catch people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/karl__barks/status/976117367108337664

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/975952681381572610

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

How did you end up with Kale's old avatar?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Today on Rush Limbaugh:

Why are liberals up in arms screaming about multiple people being intentionally murdered by a weapon, but more restrained about a single person being accidentally killed by a vehicle? Must be because they're a bunch of hypocrites.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Do you think this tweet will change Jordan's mind about hierarchies?

https://twitter.com/Goldy_Rule/status/976088510145769473

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Relentless posted:

I'm pretty sure without Shep they'd have to rename themselves the Fox Opinions Channel.

I don't know how to feel about Shep because while hes probably the most upstanding guy of the lot he does a lot of harm by legitimizing the rest of Fox

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/976189289355620353

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's the guy Fox News suspended because he called Obama a "pussy" who got "raped" by our enemies.

Its a weird day when you lose that guy for being too biased.