Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress yeah man, worked like a charm. I used my Cupid Luna for the -40% light res and two 5* Crofts, didn't even need dual wield. First two chain attempts got him to 16%. Nailed it on my 3rd reset. Going to do this one more time with a 5th body for the magic kill.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Acelerion posted:

I decided not to break my rule. Im not pulling on poo poo until its a legit nostalgia banner.

I’m curious - what qualifies for you? We just had ff9 with no filler garbage ffbe OCs. We have 10 and 4 coming up, but lots of cg banners and other junk until... ff11 part 2 (after 7*).

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Acelerion posted:

I decided not to break my rule. Im not pulling on poo poo until its a legit nostalgia banner.

I'm pretty much in the same boat:

I'd burn it all on VP, SD3, or Flammie but :rip: a SD3 banner and if we do get the others it'd be months after we get 7*. I might throw some into the abyss on the IWD Mages banner for T.Terra or Barb since 1% > lol% but otherwise I'm fine just doing dailies and EX tickets.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I was never big on ix but to each their own. My wheelhouse is probably 4/6/7/fft/secret of mana.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Unless they announce global exclusive 5* base Sabin I'm just going to burn my tickets chasing CG Fina. Maybe Lila on Sephiroth's banner unless we get a hint of what Fryevia's eventual enhancements will be (Lila's still going to be better if Gumi doesn't nerf the poo poo out of her).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So if I play on iPhone and macro on PC using an android emulator, is there any way to get the two to share progress?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

So if I play on iPhone and macro on PC using an android emulator, is there any way to get the two to share progress?

Everything is shared except lapis (premium currency) which is kept separate between android and iso environments. idk any good way of distributing lapis between the two. A fair bit of lapis income is kept in a rewards pool which afaik is shared between the two and you can collect lapis in the reward pool on your phone or in the emulator as needed.

e: Ugato is correct, this assumes both the phone and emulator are linked to the same facebook account. My bad for forgetting that crucial detail!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 19, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
^ this assumes you link your account to Facebook. That’s the only way to share accounts from iOS.

As far as lapis goes, I just collect everything on my phone. Between refreshes for TM farming I want to spend arena orbs anyway, so I just refresh from my phone before swapping back.

E: just make sure you have more than 0 lapis on both in case Gumi gets hacked again.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 19, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I’ll probably be back with dumbass questions in a few minutes about how to set up macroing on my computer(hopefully not).

Can I get started macroing right away? I know it seems ridiculous but I’m the min max type of person and it appeals to me

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bob NewSCART posted:

I’ll probably be back with dumbass questions in a few minutes about how to set up macroing on my computer(hopefully not).

Can I get started macroing right away? I know it seems ridiculous but I’m the min max type of person and it appeals to me

Yeah there's even a macro on the website that waits 5min between runs and won't use lapis. I've been using it while I sleep.

Slower but 100lapis nrg refreshes for 90 nrg seems like a bad deal.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thanks to the goons in the discord, for them steering me on the right path. I have a few questions still probably better suited for a forum:

- Do droprates stack? In other words, two 6* Lara Crofts and a 6* Xon would be how much extra droprate boost? I'm also working on my 9S TMR as well, which I hear helps. Does it have to be equipped to 9S? So then, I have to bring him on my farm parties for that boosted droprate then, huh?

- Do events come back? I've been playing pretty casually up until now, getting logins and doing some of the low level events here and there but never really putting much effort into this. I am a bit bummed I've missed so much. I've done some of the harder mode content but I haven't even unlocked Sakura in the main story.

- How long does it take to complete the main story? What rewards does completing the story give? (aside from rookie quests, does it give anything useful?) So far from these Earth Keys I've gotten junk like Analyze or a Red Hat which give a pittance of stats. Meh. Anything that stands out I need to make sure I get? I would like to do the Nemesis fights for the equipment.

- Is Onyx Spirit of Ra or Gold Ring of Set worth making? I am not sure what to make, and what to skip. I've made two Icy Deaths to stick each on Lara Croft so far.

- I am at 575k and counting on this raid. Do you think I'll have enough to get the Glitz gem before it goes away on the 23rd? At 5 raid orbs in 5 hours, I question whether there is literally the time. I hit somewhere in the ballpark of 20k points per run. Is there anything I can do to directly improve my score?

- How often can I use someone's Friend Unit?

- How do I level up someone's LB?

- When do events come out and how long do they last?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So for the rerolling advice, when does that take place as far as starting the game? Is it the point where rain and laswell are first talking about visions and they say to try it out proceeded by you pulling a random unit?

I still haven’t linked any facebooks because I didn’t wanna gently caress that part up, but I’m just curious if im already past it or I’m not even at it yet.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

gently caress yeah man, worked like a charm. I used my Cupid Luna for the -40% light res and two 5* Crofts, didn't even need dual wield. First two chain attempts got him to 16%. Nailed it on my 3rd reset. Going to do this one more time with a 5th body for the magic kill.

Thanks!

Spoke two soon I guess. I can not for the life of me get them to chain more then 9. Must have gotten super lucky. Without the duel wield. This may be the week I mess with macros.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Thanks to the goons in the discord, for them steering me on the right path. I have a few questions still probably better suited for a forum:

1) Do droprates stack? In other words, two 6* Lara Crofts and a 6* Xon would be how much extra droprate boost? I'm also working on my 9S TMR as well, which I hear helps. Does it have to be equipped to 9S? So then, I have to bring him on my farm parties for that boosted droprate then, huh?

2) Do events come back? I've been playing pretty casually up until now, getting logins and doing some of the low level events here and there but never really putting much effort into this. I am a bit bummed I've missed so much. I've done some of the harder mode content but I haven't even unlocked Sakura in the main story.

3) How long does it take to complete the main story? What rewards does completing the story give? (aside from rookie quests, does it give anything useful?) So far from these Earth Keys I've gotten junk like Analyze or a Red Hat which give a pittance of stats. Meh. Anything that stands out I need to make sure I get? I would like to do the Nemesis fights for the equipment.

4) Is Onyx Spirit of Ra or Gold Ring of Set worth making? I am not sure what to make, and what to skip. I've made two Icy Deaths to stick each on Lara Croft so far.

5) I am at 575k and counting on this raid. Do you think I'll have enough to get the Glitz gem before it goes away on the 23rd? At 5 raid orbs in 5 hours, I question whether there is literally the time. I hit somewhere in the ballpark of 20k points per run. Is there anything I can do to directly improve my score?

6) How often can I use someone's Friend Unit?

7) How do I level up someone's LB?

8) When do events come out and how long do they last?

1) Droprates stack, and 9S TMR can go on anyone for the drop increase; you don't need to use him.

2) Very rarely, don't hold your breath for a specific one.

3) Story quests to current probably 30-40 hours of playtime if you're watching the cutscenes and doing all the explorations. That's also assuming you're burning lapis for NRG refreshes. Quests are good, the silver chests can mostly be skipped to current world, don't skip the elemental key ones as you get good rewards at the end for those.

4) I would rate both the current craftable accessories as above average. Since they're easy to craft given that you don't have to farm anything or anyplace you aren't already farming then make a bunch. +15 ATK is pretty decent for a free accessory, as you probably don't have a million Hero Rings.

5) Are you running ELT? If so then there isn't anything you can do to farm more points each run. Run as much as you can and Wednesday night pop some refreshes if you really need to. Staff is neat but as the 10 man trials offer better MAG and SPR weapons it's not really that much of a must get item.

6) I think it refreshes every 3 hours?

7) Burst Pots. They're little gremlin-in-a-pot units that you can use to increase stats. The ones labeled "Burst" are for LBs. Also it goes up by ONE every time you use it (ignore this). IMPORTANT: The exp you require to level is lower at lower star levels, so it's easier(requires less exp) to get a LB to level 20 at 5* than 6*. If you have a unit that you don't need max level and can have them sit at 5*80 for a while, and that unit has a really good LB it's worth it to keep them at 5* unit you have leveled their LB to 20, then level them and finish off 20-25.

8) We get a new event every one-two weeks, and events last for two weeks.

Bob NewSCART posted:

So for the rerolling advice, when does that take place as far as starting the game? Is it the point where rain and laswell are first talking about visions and they say to try it out proceeded by you pulling a random unit?

I still haven’t linked any facebooks because I didn’t wanna gently caress that part up, but I’m just curious if im already past it or I’m not even at it yet.

After you get to the home screen, you should have some Lapis to spend and maybe a ticket. I literally have no idea what you get as a new player now, honestly they should just start every new player with a 5* ticket at this point. Anyway, as soon as you can get the homescreen and do more pulls.

Here's a video guide. Highly recommend using multiple instances.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 19, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Events are coming back in japan just a very slow pace. They'd need to start doubling up in the global version (releasing new and redoing old content at the same time) because we tend to get exclusive events more often than in japan and the japanese gap in content release keeps widening because of it.

Also know that stat/limit pots are pretty rare. Dont spend them all on throw away units. Go in with a plan on who really benefits from their limit break. If the limit break increases your party's damage mitigation like Wilhelms/Chows, boosts elemental resistances like Yan's, provides stronger breaks like 9s/Tim's or imperils like Tidus then those are pretty good to upgrade. Straight up damage and heals aren't really that good, but 7*s makes dps limit breaks in some cases pretty good.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If you do up to the second mission when starting a new game you get something like 5 tickets and 500 lapis. Use those and reroll as needed.

I started fresh about 5 months ago and this what I did.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also know that stat/limit pots are pretty rare. Dont spend them all on throw away units. Go in with a plan on who really benefits from their limit break. If the limit break increases your party's damage mitigation like Wilhelms/Chows, boosts elemental resistances like Yan's, provides stronger breaks like 9s/Tim's or imperils like Tidus then those are pretty good to upgrade. Straight up damage and heals aren't really that good, but 7*s makes dps limit breaks in some cases pretty good.

I maxed BS Sakura's LB and I'm not really regretting it, even though it's just straight pewpew damage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hahaha the new japanese Arena is loving insane and massive whale bait.

Top rank gets 3 5* tickets, a complete UoC ticket, and 2 Blank moogles. Blank moogles are TMR containers that you get to 100% to gain whatever TMR you imbued into it. So say you have a 100% Buster Style Moogle somehow but no Cloud, you use the 100% moogle on the blank and get Buster Style from it.

Gumi really didnt get any flak from introducing raid ranking because anyone can realize that you are better off just using your lapiz to TMR farm but Alim is actually giving out some insane stuff for their rewards. Exploitative as all gently caress

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never understood why they didn't have more reward ranking tiers for Arena. They're just throwing away money by having the tiers 1-3k and 3k to 30k, that's dare I say, generous. Give them the raid rank brackets and lunatics will spend plenty of $

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I have now been lucky enough to pull Ayaka. I also have a near-BiS Wilhelm, a Basch, and a near-BiS 2B.

Surprisingly, I also just pulled Explorer Aileen to go with my Aileen. To tackle the trials (Aigaion, Malboro, Bloody Moon, the 10-mans), would I be better off sticking with 2B and a friend for DPS or investing into the Aileens?

I also have Christine, if chaining with a friend T.Terra would be better.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

werdnam posted:

I have now been lucky enough to pull Ayaka. I also have a near-BiS Wilhelm, a Basch, and a near-BiS 2B.

Surprisingly, I also just pulled Explorer Aileen to go with my Aileen. To tackle the trials (Aigaion, Malboro, Bloody Moon, the 10-mans), would I be better off sticking with 2B and a friend for DPS or investing into the Aileens?

I also have Christine, if chaining with a friend T.Terra would be better.

Depends on the team you can field and the fight. For instance, I have a lot of support items and tank items. For Aigaion I just used my regular team with Noel soaking punches and I needed a “no magic” healer so I got a friend Tillith. That meant I needed to bring my own dps. For Malboro I’m probably going to dual tank it because it makes the fight ridiculously safe - that means I need to bring a friend dps. Having that flexibility makes a big difference, for me.

Christine is absolutely worth gearing - you need magic for Bloody Moon anyway. And you need AoE damage for Malboro. I’m still swimming in TMs to farm so I haven’t looked really hard at the 10 mans. I know you want to do some big AoE damage on the Sheratan transition to make it easier. But having chaining partners for them is certainly useful.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am at the always fun part of deciding to sell raid currency or keep pulling for the cactus and moogles to pump up misc units...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

PaybackJack posted:

After you get to the home screen, you should have some Lapis to spend and maybe a ticket. I literally have no idea what you get as a new player now, honestly they should just start every new player with a 5* ticket at this point. Anyway, as soon as you can get the homescreen and do more pulls.

Yes, rerolling is done when you're first able to get at the home screen again. 3* Ludmille as your first draw has been replaced with 5* Ashe now, I think.

Also, if you link a fake Facebook page, there's a good chance Facebook will know and shut it down, shutting your game down too till you jump through a bunch of hoops.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Office Thug posted:

I'm going balls deep on that one for TTerra in particular, but honestly pulling any of those six will be either immediately great for me or great down the line with 7*s.

Also, for Newbies who are having a hard time killing the event super boss snake, I put up a Cupid Artemios that can potentially one-shot it under the following conditions:

- You will need to reset a few times

Resetting is easy. Keep one unit available to move at all times. If things don't work out, close the FFBE application and just re-open it again. Accept to Restart the mission and it will put you back at the beginning of your turn, before you did anything.

- You must apply a 40% or better Light element imperil on the boss first thing

TGC and Agrias 6* can do this with Divine Ruination (un-awakened works in both cases). There are multiple other sources as well. The most important thing to note is that the imperil MUST be applied BEFORE Cupid Artemios is ticked to attack. Because C Artemios takes ages to actuall land his attack, whichever unit you use for the imperil will not be able to participate in the chaining step that amplifies C Artemios' damage.

- You must build a chain modifier up to 400%

Simplest way to do this is to have two identical units with some form of dual wield (Lara Croft for instance) and any multi-hit ability that is easy to chain. Equip the same elemental weapons on both. You will reach the max damage multiplier on the 10th chain hit with a single identical element across two chainers.

- You must land C Artemios' Lux Magna+2 at some point within that chain while its multiplier is 400%

Because Lux Magna has a 120 frame delay, you'll need to pre-fire it. This can take some practice, and you can reset until you get it.

- C Artemis will deal a variable amount of damage, even if all is done right, so it might still take a few resets to get enough damage to net the kill.

He will deal between 1.3x and 6.5x his damage. At 4.1x or more, he'll deal over 12 mil when capping a max-multiplier chain with a 50% light imperil on the snake, which is enough to kill it.

Edit: - Don't forget to get the Magic kill condition!

This might be easier to do with 6 party members vs. just 5, since you want to keep at least one member un-used in case you need to reset the fight. Also, you want something that won't be Reflected like Ultima, Alterna, or Meteor. Alternatively, you can simply dual-cast a weak spell like Thunder first and then longer spell like Thundaga/Holy after, so Thunder uses up the reflect and the next spell gets through.

I wanted to say that I did this twice with only 5* Crofts (no dual wield). The Chain caps at 13 so you have to fire off both attacks super fast. I used a Cupid Luna for the -40% light res.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I hate to post anything pro-Reddit, but regarding re-rolling: There are multiple insane redditors who re-roll many accounts, and some of the "quite good" go up-for-grabs. Find those threads and post your interest instead of re-rolling yourself. Save many hours for the price of interacting with that sub (although, TBH, all re-roll guy I started from was totally cool and reasonable).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I am at the always fun part of deciding to sell raid currency or keep pulling for the cactus and moogles to pump up misc units...

Selling the currency only gets you like 30% more than turning it in and selling the turtles. It’s not worth it, especially if you’re like me and not swimming in magicite and have tons of units to level. If you want to wait for real money wait until we get another raid where the currency sells for 50 gil each. If it’s only 10 it’s really not worth it.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I've had some great luck with pulls lately. Got my first Wilhelm (Cagnazzo, barely knew ye, would love those pots back). Got my second Aileen, which is dope because I also got Explorer Aileen and just got the last T3s to fully enhance my first, Atk potted Aileen! I also got Eiko, who is fantastic since I can gear her to get a big heal for everyone at over 600 Spr and still get 80% Evo Mag total. I didn't ever enhance Garnet and have never leveled Rydia so this is my very first Summoner (unless Rain counts, which he does not) - really enjoying having pulled her and so loving glad to be done getting frustrated by Kill With Esper / Summon Esper missions.

The good luck has redone my whole team. A2 is fallen somewhat from her former majesty, and is now a third-tier gear user... who still manages to get within like 70 Atk of Explorer Aileen even though Ex-Aileen is using the robot arm, champ's belts, TMR'd out the rear end and A2 is stuck with god drat Gaia Sword & no materia higher than 30% Atk. Regular Aileen is using a weird combo of gear I had on A2 and gear I had on Orlandeau to actually beat A2's former max attack with her best gear, though. Artisan having like 50 more Atk than Durandal sure helps, but god drat it I will not TMR Cecil because I just know then I'll pull Steiner after all.

I actually got Eiko and Aileen #2 trying for Steiner. I just wanted a higher damage sword for A2 to maybe get her close to 1200 Atk. But hey I will 100% take a huge upgrade for my whole team instead.

Still got around 70 tickets saved up for Nier #2 whenever it comes, but man I am really thinking about trying for a second Explorer Aileen instead. Somebody talk me out of that nonsense, I'm sure A2 is going to be on top or close to it again someday...

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

1) Droprates stack, and 9S TMR can go on anyone for the drop increase; you don't need to use him.

2) Very rarely, don't hold your breath for a specific one.

3) Story quests to current probably 30-40 hours of playtime if you're watching the cutscenes and doing all the explorations. That's also assuming you're burning lapis for NRG refreshes. Quests are good, the silver chests can mostly be skipped to current world, don't skip the elemental key ones as you get good rewards at the end for those.

4) I would rate both the current craftable accessories as above average. Since they're easy to craft given that you don't have to farm anything or anyplace you aren't already farming then make a bunch. +15 ATK is pretty decent for a free accessory, as you probably don't have a million Hero Rings.

5) Are you running ELT? If so then there isn't anything you can do to farm more points each run. Run as much as you can and Wednesday night pop some refreshes if you really need to. Staff is neat but as the 10 man trials offer better MAG and SPR weapons it's not really that much of a must get item.

6) I think it refreshes every 3 hours?

7) Burst Pots. They're little gremlin-in-a-pot units that you can use to increase stats. The ones labeled "Burst" are for LBs. Also it goes up by ONE every time you use it (ignore this). IMPORTANT: The exp you require to level is lower at lower star levels, so it's easier(requires less exp) to get a LB to level 20 at 5* than 6*. If you have a unit that you don't need max level and can have them sit at 5*80 for a while, and that unit has a really good LB it's worth it to keep them at 5* unit you have leveled their LB to 20, then level them and finish off 20-25.

8) We get a new event every one-two weeks, and events last for two weeks.

Here's a video guide. Highly recommend using multiple instances.

I pulled an exdeath on my first pulls. I had a 10+1 ticket, and then 5 rare summons, a 5 star summon, and some lapis for another 5 pull if I’m remembering properly.

I’m still debating rerolling to get better dudes. I’m already trapped and sucked in.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

But how many Bedile did you pull?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Just wanted you all to know you are the best.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Infected posted:

But how many Bedile did you pull?

I got beach time fina

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Also I feel like this is a completely dumbass question but why can’t I just log in and out of my main Facebook rather than having to create a dummy?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Once a BE account is linked to a facebook account anytime you log in to that facebook account it'll log you in with that BE account. So if you start the game, link your FB account, pull 10 Bediles, and decide to reroll you won't be able to use that same Facebook account again since if you do log in with it it'll load your 10 Bedile account. I think people got their BE account unlinked from Facebook by contacting BE support when FB was locking accounts because FB is poo poo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also I feel like this is a completely dumbass question but why can’t I just log in and out of my main Facebook rather than having to create a dummy?

There's got to be other ways to do it such as deleting and reinstalling, but using the Facebook login is the quickest.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There's got to be other ways to do it such as deleting and reinstalling, but using the Facebook login is the quickest.

No. FFBE is very resilient when it comes to remembering your account. You have to use a new device altogether or sign out of Facebook.

Sadly the quickest way is indeed to have a burner Facebook account. When you go through enough to decide you don’t want an account, you sign in to the fake fb account then back out. Repeat until you get a keeper and sign in with your real account.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

You guys like memu or nox more?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\ I like the one that runs on OSX, which is to say that I salvaged an old Android tablet to run FRep on. Most people seem to like Nox, there's even a lovely OSX client that won't let you program macros on it!

Ugato posted:

No. FFBE is very resilient when it comes to remembering your account. You have to use a new device altogether or sign out of Facebook.

Sadly the quickest way is indeed to have a burner Facebook account. When you go through enough to decide you don’t want an account, you sign in to the fake fb account then back out. Repeat until you get a keeper and sign in with your real account.

I recently rerolled for a friend, and used my own Facebook to "clear" the data from my iPad I was using to do so. That must have been it. It didn't take me terribly long to get him a three rainbow account, with Luneth, Emperor, and Reberta, which he's a pleased as a casual player like him can be about.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 20, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Also is having pulled exdeath on my initial poo poo good enough to keep or should I roll up some rainbows? I pulled him at 3 stars but I saw him as one of the top tier characters

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Oh boy a Rainbow on my 10+1 ticket!

DARK FINA #6

wow.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also is having pulled exdeath on my initial poo poo good enough to keep or should I roll up some rainbows? I pulled him at 3 stars but I saw him as one of the top tier characters

Roll until you get a good rainbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Oh boy a Rainbow on my 10+1 ticket!

DARK FINA #6

wow.

Roll until you get a good rainbow.

Sounds like we’re doing this thang then. Is the unit list from the wiki a good one to follow for top tier guys? I was also reading the FFBE beginners guide on reddit which had a list of “top” tier units to hope for on rerolling.

And just so I’m understanding that I’m doing this properly, I have an account linked to a dummy Facebook with initial pulls already done on it. I log out of that, start a new game, rush through tutorial, do my pulls and a) if I don’t like them then I log in to my dummy facebook, log out, and repeat from step one, b) if I do like them, link to main Facebook and I’m finished

Sorry if I made that convoluted but I’m just trying to make sure I’m not screwing myself because I want a nasty rear end dual wielding/two handing top tier warrior type. I’m going to be in here with probably a lot more annoying questions as I’ve never played a final fantasy game and played very few games like this in general, but am loving this.

• Locked thread