Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Any of the Starcraft manga characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gobbeldygook posted:

Link to point in video where she does this, I think it confirms Mira is in the pipeline but I don't think she's next. The next hero is going to be announced at PAX East on April 5th

A unit of Peons. They can repair broken structures

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

beejay posted:

Well it's not Mira Han because everyone wants her in the game. Possibly the most beloved character in all of Blizzard's storied history.

She's more interesting to me than literally any Warcraft hero.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
A random critter hero that you have to click a bunch of times to explode dealing aoe damage then you respawn like murky as another random critter

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gave Fenix a try. Things of note:

• He's got a shorter than standard basic attack range than most while his fast attack is active (5.0 vs 5.5), but he's got the shields to shrug off initial pokes so it hardly matters.
  • There's a very quick and easy basic attack build that turns him into a complete powerhouse that's very difficult to put down.
  • His Q comes out instantly, meaning you can tag someone with it for the slow very easily.
  • Warp is often too slow to dodge skillshots like Flamestrike, but it removes Fenix from play for nearly a full second, meaning that he can disjoint delayed attacks like Pyroblast.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kith posted:

Gave Fenix a try. Things of note:

• He's got a shorter than standard basic attack range than most while his fast attack is active (5.0 vs 5.5), but he's got the shields to shrug off initial pokes so it hardly matters.
  • There's a very quick and easy basic attack build that turns him into a complete powerhouse that's very difficult to put down.
  • His Q comes out instantly, meaning you can tag someone with it for the slow very easily.
  • Warp is often too slow to dodge skillshots like Flamestrike, but it removes Fenix from play for nearly a full second, meaning that he can disjoint delayed attacks like Pyroblast.

Did you go up against any Tracers? Also did you try the talent that shunts shields to attack power and how nuts was it?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i want a Jeff Kaplan hero. his heroic is Prepare for Death and he shoots streams of scalding water out of his rear end

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

Do you remember the moment when you first experienced a Blizzard game? Can you remember the Hero or character you played that cemented your love for Blizzard? Join the Heroes of the Storm development to team to discuss the magic behind creating characters that leave a lasting impression and get a front row seat for the introduction of one of the most unlikely Heroes from Blizzard’s history to join the Nexus yet. Be the first to learn how the lore of Heroes of the Storm will add to the larger Blizzard universe.

Snake Sanders confirmed.

In all likelihood though this is going to be Deckard Cain given the recent splash screen leak.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kai Tave posted:

Did you go up against any Tracers? Also did you try the talent that shunts shields to attack power and how nuts was it?

Shields → attack power seemed nuts to me.

He seems really fun to play. Also, their SFX team is on fuckin' fire.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Carbot and murky are bad, hahahahah

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kai Tave posted:

Haven't fought any Tracers yet. Lots of folks trying out Varian. I don't understand why Blizzard didn't just move his Heroics to 1, they might as well have.

Anyways yes I did. The overall Basic Attack build looks like this:

Level 1: Advanced Targeting is the stronger talent overall but Mobile Offense is easy to maintain.
Level 4: Emergency Protocol because it synergizes with Divert Power. Having Mount Movement Speed on-hand when you blow half of your durability is handy, especially if you're not actually using Divert Power and you're just getting blown up.
Level 7: Divert Power: Weapons, because holy gently caress. The amount of damage you can put out is nasty.
Level 10: Take your pick. Both have good use cases. I personally prefer Planet Cracker so I can check boss easy.
Level 13: Auxiliary Shields gives you more shields to burn from Divert Power and synergizes neatly with...
Level 16: Photonic Weaponry, which increases your Basic Attack damage while you have any shields.
Level 20: I personally prefer Unconquered Spirit because I like playing fast and loose by blowing my Shields on Divert Power all the time, but you do you. However, be aware that Singularity Charge is modifying the base effects from Weapon Mode, so what you're actually getting from this talent is +50% additional Attack Speed from Repeater Cannon (for 200% total) and +1 range on Phase Bomb (for 7.5 total), which is a lot less impressive than the tooltip makes it out to be.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

skipThings posted:

Carbot and murky are bad, hahahahah

fun hater detected!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I wish that I actually enjoyed playing HotS a fraction as much as I enjoy collecting skins and poo poo in it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I find scrounging for gold and gems and getting dupes out of loot boxes to be the worst part of the game. I genuinely enjoy the mechanics and playing the dang game :)

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McvcrxhQqQ

"This exoskeleton can be extremely difficult to control, do not judge a dragoon by the path they choose to walk"

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

lucifirius posted:

LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McvcrxhQqQ

"This exoskeleton can be extremely difficult to control, do not judge a dragoon by the path they choose to walk"

Holy poo poo he references the light vs Tempest super dragoon.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

"I live! I die! I live again!"

:perfect:

edit: also the geb-style rock skin changes his portait too and it's pretty neat:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 19, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
The Mira Han announcer is poo poo.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Ort posted:

Who's the most unlikely hero from blizzards history, is the real question. Metzen with cosplay skins? Ghost crawler crab from blizzards website?
Overmind. Your level 1 talent is a choice of what kind of cerebrates you want to spawn, then you automatically delegate all gameplay to them, replace the core and everyone's announcers with yourself, and go afk.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

lucifirius posted:

The Mira Han announcer is poo poo.

Eh, I actually like it. It's got more personality than a lot of other announcers.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I feel like any Starcraft thing they do is tame. They have Abathur and Proby, they can get away with anything.

Decard Cain is a really bizarre thing so that's hype. Medan is the best thing from Warcraft that'd be a good joke.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

kater posted:

I feel like any Starcraft thing they do is tame. They have Abathur and Proby, they can get away with anything.

Decard Cain is a really bizarre thing so that's hype. Medan is the best thing from Warcraft that'd be a good joke.

Medan gives you a random set of abilities from another hero every game, except they heal/deal 1 more damage, because you're such a mary sue that you can do everything because you are the best. You are a better shaman than Thrall, are a better sack of HP than Stitches, and better at heal-lasering things than Morales.

That you can't do all of this at the same time is just you being sporting. :smug:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Medan is multi-class every class. And he can pick two talents per level, and his lvl 10 talent is being able to choose any ult in the game. Also the Nexus lore is he is also the god creator of the Nexus (basically the Beyonder with the Nexus being his Battleworld.)

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Lost Vikings skin where they become a Warcraft 3 Peon, a Starcraft SCV, and a Diablo 2 Rogue.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

just had an insanely good game on Gall where my Cho knew his poo poo and I remembered how much fun the ogre is

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

its gonna be deckard cain in a mech suit and theyre gonna call him mechard cain

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Nubkeks is making the redone Warbringer look like a decent choice for Varian with its ability to let you dash to teammates, but the only games he seems to upload lately are really one-sided stomps in his team's favor so grain of salt and all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I feel like Divert Power: Weapons is gonna get nerfed, because holy moly.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kyrosiris posted:

I feel like Divert Power: Weapons is gonna get nerfed, because holy moly.
https://clips.twitch.tv/NaiveStrongBoarPartyTime

Yes Fenix is currently OP and needs some nerfing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It wouldn't be a new assassin if they weren't disgustingly broken in some way, I guess.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Gobbeldygook posted:

Hey at least its not adding 800+ damage per auto attack like the tooltip suggests it would

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Kelp Plankton posted:

its gonna be deckard cain in a mech suit and theyre gonna call him mechard cain

Yes please. "Stay awhile and listen. You have 10 seconds to comply."

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 20, 2018

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Midnightghoul posted:

Hey at least its not adding 800+ damage per auto attack like the tooltip suggests it would

Yeah, but even then, +80% AA damage if you're at full shields is completely whackadoodle busted, especially with Emergency Protocol which you use to run a fucker down.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Gobbeldygook posted:

Slightly overpowered.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, but even then, +80% AA damage if you're at full shields is completely whackadoodle busted, especially with Emergency Protocol which you use to run a fucker down.

And if you have aux shields you build up a ton more shields pretty much instantly.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

finally got Maiev to five going like 3-10. I am terrible with her, never again. Fenix looks fun though

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gotta be OP to get people to buy him with gems first week to stomp with.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

McTimmy posted:

Holy poo poo he references the light vs Tempest super dragoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1U25luMOA

related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leU4lyVFCD0

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I had some good Butcher matches last night and now I want a Barbeque Butcher skin. Big grill pan and a spatula, and an apron that says 'HHHRRRREEAAARRGGGHH To The Chef' on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Vegan Butcher skin