Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

freebooter posted:

I continue to be mystified at what the Green-aren't-left-enough crowd actually want

For the Parliamentary Greens and party machinery to support the policies of the people who actually voted for them, rather than the ones of the voters they're trying to court.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

thatbastardken posted:

demographics that are 'problematic' for greens strategists:

• jews
  • olds
  • poors
  • workers
  • aspirational types
  • the rich
  • farmers
  • catholics
  • revheads
  • have i missed anyone?

- nuclear medicine patients

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I vote for the green in my electorate. I'm not Jewish so I don't have any specific beef with them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I vote for the green in my electorate. I'm not Jewish so I don't have any specific beef with them.

you should vote animal justice party to atone for your sins

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

avshalom rereg to tell me if you still have the cute dog (vanya?). thanks for the good posts. vote greens

e: nvm i found this in your permaban thread

a man of vision posted:

omg vanya is being an absolute cat today, i've let him inside/outside like fifteen times since he got out of bed

bell jar fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 19, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

avshalom rereg to send me pics of vanya

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Peccadillo posted:

"the focus has shifted to Rhiannon and the Green’s Trotskyist wing (Rhiannon is the daughter of prominent Cold War Stalinist parents) ... "

Famous trotskyist, stalin

Can absolutely picture the child of stalinist parents becoming a trot

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Some awful mod bastard: let's chase out and exclude a mentally ill goatherd who posts like a prophet, that person doesn't rule at all

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

GoldStandardConure posted:

michael bae
michael bae
michael bae

*draws a diagram on the floor in chalk that looks like ready player one*

they should call him

earnest decline :smugdog:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/975657935706537984

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Flames digitally added by channel 7

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Oh boy, can't wait to see what graphic they use to cover up the angry mod this time.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Gorilla Salad posted:

As deeply evil as Pell is, even he couldn't be so arrogant as to think he'd walk away from all this without a scratch?
He was already getting 'scratched'. I think his end game is to cast enough doubt on the accusations (and inevitably the accusers) that he escapes formal censure. This has been all the churches game from the get go. Obfuscate and delay until there are no victims left to answer to. Kind of like mesothelioma but with more priest sperm.

The Peccadillo posted:

Some awful mod bastard: let's chase out and exclude a mentally ill goatherd who posts like a prophet, that person doesn't rule at all
No actually this was done in sadness out of an actual imperative to act.

quote:

Type Date Horrible Jerk Punishment Reason Requested By Approved By
PERMABAN 03/19/18 03:05pm a man of vision OK I can't not hit you for this one Avs. R. Guyovich FactsAreUseless

a man of vision posted:

after years of dedication to my craft i transcended the old probation/ban system and became a being of pure energy that can only be stopped by the most powerful weapon available to the admin team. in fact if i stopped threatening to kill the president they'd probably stop banning me, but unfortunately that was the mission i was put on the green earth to carry out and i won't let it be stifled by a gaggle of unpaid computer men

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Labor is an unreliable combo deck that spends most of it’s time drawing cards and fucks up its sequence

Libs are obv blue/white control lots of removal but no win conditions

Greens are a Johnny deck: cool stuff that never gets played

But what if the LNP was to board in 3 Batterskulls and some Stoneforge Mystics? (Idk if this is still a strong legacy deck I haven't looked in ages)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

industrial action for some, miniature communist flags for others

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

For the Parliamentary Greens and party machinery to support the policies of the people who actually voted for them, rather than the ones of the voters they're trying to court.

Free higher education (literally not a word about this for what, years now?), universal access to good public schools and ending the elite private school system for starters. It's not like those aren't popular or entirely achievable either.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Aesculus posted:

Free higher education (literally not a word about this for what, years now?), universal access to good public schools and ending the elite private school system for starters. It's not like those aren't popular or entirely achievable either.

Why would you stop people paying for school? I mean even if you ended public funding wholesale to private school, why wouldn't you let rich people reduce the burden on the education budget?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

JBP posted:

Why would you stop people paying for school? I mean even if you ended public funding wholesale to private school, why wouldn't you let rich people reduce the burden on the education budget?

Stratification in education is a net drain on society

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Cartoon posted:

Auspol: Kind of like mesothelioma but with more priest sperm.

Next month's thread title, tia.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Stratification in education is a net drain on society

What are you going to do when I donate better equipment to Clifton Hill primary and Fitzroy High where I live as a wealthy inner circle green?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Shorten defending penalty rates because they helped people send their kids to private schools was a great moment for Labor.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Shorten defending penalty rates because they helped people send their kids to private schools was a great moment for Labor.

He wasn't talking about private he was talking mainly about Catholic and similar. Why can't a parent choose to give their children an education within their moral system?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

He wasn't talking about private he was talking mainly about Catholic and similar. Why can't a parent choose to give their children an education within their moral system?

Because they gently caress the kids

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

‘moral’ system hahaha

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

‘moral’ system hahaha

That's what it's called. It's their system of morals.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Because they gently caress the kids

So what you're saying is that all muslim people are terrorists?

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 20, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Because it then gets rid of the idea of a class system for education. There shouldn't be a need for private schools, as there should not be a need for the private health system.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You Am I posted:

Because it then gets rid of the idea of a class system for education. There shouldn't be a need for private schools, as there should not be a need for the private health system.

Does money still exist in this scenario?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The ol' zero sum

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

JBP posted:

We gonna be Star Trek.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Fictional?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/sunrise-indigenous-child-removal-segment-hot-topic/

quote:

This morning, Sunrise went some way towards making up for its atrocious segment on Indigenous child removals last week with a longer piece, gathering a panel of Indigenous experts to talk about the highly complex issue.
Sam Armytage, who hosted the original and widely criticised segment, wasn’t part of it. Instead, David Kochie hosted the 10-minute chat between CEO of a Darwin‘s Danila Dilba Health Service Olga Havnen, Indigenous health researcher Dr. James Ward, and Aboriginal Health CEO Pat Turner.

As Kochie was wrapping things up, Havnen asked to make one final comment.
“I think you’re absolutely right, what we need is intelligent, informed discussion and looking for solutions rather than the confected outrage and anger,” she said.
“Yep, absolutely, on all sides,” Kochie agreed, which is possibly the closest we’ve gotten to an apology so far.
The make-up segment has been well-received on social media, if slightly dampened by the fact that a protest outside the studio this morning was prevented from appearing on Sunrise by NSW Police officers outside.
Rolling my eyes

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-20/salim-mehajer-declared-bankrupt/9566552

quote:

Former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer has been declared bankrupt by a Federal Circuit Court, after the company that built a marble staircase in his Sydney home launched legal action against him last year.
At a hearing in Sydney this morning, Judge Justin Smith declared the ex-property developer bankrupt and ordered him to pay Prime Marble & Granite Pty Ltd's legal costs of $20,524.
The company had first taken him to court in November 2017.
Mr Mehajer's lawyer claimed the bankruptcy notice was invalid, but that argument was rejected by Judge Smith.
The order means Mr Mehajer's multi-million-dollar estate will be managed by a trustee who will take control of his financial affairs and deal with his creditors.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Yes it does. It goes to public services instead.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

JBP posted:

Because they'd be paying a lot more in taxes under this scenario.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sunrise is like the ACA of morning news.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Aesculus posted:

Because they'd be paying a lot more in taxes under this scenario.

All tax rates globally are declining. So... sounds cool?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/20/tony-abbott-given-extra-entitlements-as-former-prime-minister

let the usual tired/amused/resigned reactions begin

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
But what does it mean for Kevin Tudds leadership ambitions?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

So what, this is entirely within the rules and above board.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

much like your're are postings, unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

So what, this is entirely within the rules and above board.

it's time to change the rules

• Locked thread