Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This extreme z-battle thing is pretty cool. Was put off with everyone talking about how difficult it is without specific teams but it's fun just plugging through as far as possible for much-needed potential orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The only thing I really don't like about EZA is that you really need Angel Golden Frieza or you can't really complete it. But you can still make some headway with other teams, but can still upgrade AGL SSJ3 Goku somewhat. And apparently the next EZAs fix the difficulty issue.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
TEQ Majin Vegeta is pants these days, right?

Got three (3) off one discount pull.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haven't gotten Frieza, but I did get an SSJ3 Angel Goku and a SSJ3 Broly, finally. :toot:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

FINALLY beat Level 30. Team was:

Angel Golden Frieza
TEQ Kid Buu
TEQ Golden Frieza
TEQ Perfect Cell
Bio Broly
INT Metal Cooler
Friend Angel Golden Frieza

While luck was definitely involved in my win, the run in which I won was not one I would have guessed would be it, things got really close at the end. Metal Cooler was definitely the weakest link here, if he had to take a hit it was pretty much over. BUT, the boosts he gives the team are good so it's hard to replace him unless you got that TEQ Demon King Piccolo.

I find it a little funny that you get 11 Kais from the event, which brings Goku's SA to 12? Why not just give a couple more so you can get him to 15?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Global's getting shut down for not showing gacha rates.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Some reddit people are so mad global is behind Japan that they messaged Apple and asked about them not showing rates and they're investigating. It's sad and funny.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Technically it is illegal not to disclose rates in some of Global's markets, and it's against Apple's policies.

Maybe idk I only glanced at the topic but Global is definitely dead you heard it here first.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's some recent change in apples guidelines that they're hanging on. Whatever. A huge brand like Dragon ball isn't just gonna get removed by Apple. They're gonna talk about it with bamco and fix it and this will be forgotten about.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
One guy's claiming to have had 3 months of spending refunded by Apple for it.

Wonder if he'll spend it on more stones.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://imgur.com/a/6Ld3T

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Well, my int kid buu carried me hard to 30, but I don't think I can actually beat this level.

Can you reverse the EZA? I don't have all the paths open on my ssj3 goku.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Well, my int kid buu carried me hard to 30, but I don't think I can actually beat this level.

Can you reverse the EZA? I don't have all the paths open on my ssj3 goku.

What are you running with that got you to 30?

I'm stuck on 15, just pulled INT Kid Buu so hoping he can help.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Gonna laugh if he then spends everything refunded on FGO.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fallorn posted:

Gonna laugh if he then spends everything refunded on FGO.

gonna need that money for jalter

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
In the meantime, we're at least getting 35 stones and a big dump of TEQ orbs for another app store first place dealie.

I get why it's TEQ orbs, the thing happened during the EZA celebration and you want a mostly TEQ team against it, but ugh this is at least the third time they've gifted us a poo poo ton of TEQ orbs, and I'm pretty sure they've gifted us big wads of INT and PHY and AGL orbs in the past, but I don't think they've ever gifted us STR orbs before. Which is naturally the one type I am severely jonesing for.

I mean come on guys you released LR Vegito blue and ran an everyday LR Frieza event at nearly the same time, surely you could've at least thrown in some STR orbs to go with it?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, with how nasty RoG is right now, I can only imagine how hosed up it'll be after UI- Goku gets his awakening. Not to mention adding the full-fat UI Goku.

I'm actually hard up for other UI leads to do Dokkan events with, since everyone's running stuff for Battle Road or EZA.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Battle road has ruined my friends list and I’m mad about it.

I can’t wait until it’s gone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Battle road has ruined my friends list and I’m mad about it.

I can’t wait until it’s gone.

Isn't it on weekend rotation forever?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Webbeh posted:

What are you running with that got you to 30?

I'm stuck on 15, just pulled INT Kid Buu so hoping he can help.

Angel Golden Frieza :v:

I know I did a couple in the 15-20 range with Majin Buu saga, just relying on Kid Buu to kill and having all the teq units I could.

But my INT Kid Buu has all paths open, which is probably the only reason that worked.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah I got GF and it's hilarious how much of a pay to win mode this is. Without him or grinding it out with Devilman you're gonna have it hard and that's dumb.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I would pretty much say it has to be impossible to beat level 30 without Golden Frieza or relying on Devilman.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I need some GF friends because the friends system is rear end, anybody else grinding with him? I'm on lvl 21. Mine is SA3 with 1 Dupe.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've scrapped my way up to stage 14 using a Tien & Yamcha TEQ dream team to reduce Goku's basic attacks to double digits, and a friend Black & Zamasu healing me up every other turn.

SS3 can't win a war of attrition. Even Goku realises it's a bad form.

edit: Oh good stage 15 is immune to attack debuffs. Well played gg.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 21, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm hoping I can pull off level 30 with this guy's team. Might need a few Kais to get my 2-dupe Kid Buu to where he needs to be, but I can drop in LR Black to help tank and do some damage, hopefully.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh let's say i just got into Dokkan Battle and the game dumped a fuckton of dragon stones on me

like, seriously, i've got loving 60 of the things and i'm not even 3 mission chains into the quest stuff yet

should I hoard these or is doing a multi-summon on one of the banners a good idea?

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

If you just got into the game it couldn’t hurt to blow some stones just to flesh out your collection. The Golden Frieza and SSJ3 Goku banners have some very good units but terrible rates without any guaranteed units. The Resurrected Warrior banner has some decent units and a guaranteed SSR, and the first three rolls are 30 stones each.

I would roll for Golden Frieza, who is the “Resurrected Warrior” lead, whether you choose to do a ten roll or single rolls is your call, then stock up on some stones from the main storyline and multi-roll for some Resurrect Warriors.

Afterwards, time permitting, you could roll for SSJ3 Goku and put your Resurrected team towards earning some awakening medals.

Or, you could wait it out for any future LR banners.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Echophonic posted:

I'm hoping I can pull off level 30 with this guy's team. Might need a few Kais to get my 2-dupe Kid Buu to where he needs to be, but I can drop in LR Black to help tank and do some damage, hopefully.

That team got me through stage 25, but I hit a wall after that. My kid buu has no dupes and is at SA4 though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so uh let's say i just got into Dokkan Battle and the game dumped a fuckton of dragon stones on me

like, seriously, i've got loving 60 of the things and i'm not even 3 mission chains into the quest stuff yet

should I hoard these or is doing a multi-summon on one of the banners a good idea?

Spend spend spend.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
welp I just did a multi-pull on Resurrected Warriors (the one with the 30-stone multi pulls) and got a shitload of SRs and SSR Golden Frieza :stare:

my luck with gacha is usually nowhere near this good, what the gently caress

e: yeah, I pulled:

PHY R Gohan (Kid)
INT R Chi-Chi
AGL SR Super Saiyan Trunks (Kid)
TEQ SR Raditz
INT SR Mr. Buu
INT SR Chiaotzu
AGL SR Gohan (GT)
PHY SR Raditz
STR SR Android 16
AGL SSR Golden Frieza

e2: do the little things that happen on the gacha asteroid screen mean anything? I've gotten Hercule flying into the asteroid a couple times and this time a bunch of things flew away from it.

e3: second multi-pull got me SSR Great Saiyaman SS2, SSR SSJ2 Teen Gohan, and SSR Kid Buu :stare:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 22, 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Which SSR Kid Buu

This is important

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

a neat cape posted:

Which SSR Kid Buu

This is important

uh, TEQ, why? is there a good and bad SSR Kid Buu?

e: well, holy poo poo, upon a google there's like 5 different SSR Kid Buus :psyduck:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 22, 2018

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

uh, TEQ, why? is there a good and bad SSR Kid Buu?

There are at least 4 SSR Kid Buu's, and 2 are good (TEQ and INT) and two are bad in the current meta (AGL and PHY).

So is there a substitute lead for Resurrected Warriors? I don't think the AGL Frieza that drops from stage is enough to work on Super Battle Road. My Fusion team got destroyed on level 20, so maybe I'll try the team Echo posted since I got an INT Kid Buu on a multi.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

PHY R Gohan (Kid)
INT R Chi-Chi
TEQ SR Raditz
INT SR Mr. Buu
INT SR Chiaotzu
AGL SR Gohan (GT)
PHY SR Raditz
STR SR Android 16
AGL SSR Golden Frieza
The rarity R cards are all garbage. The one single exception is the TEQ Goku you get from the event An Epic Showdown, because he can awaken about five times into one of the best F2P cards in the game.
As for SR cards, for the most part only cards with dokkan awakenings are worth keeping, which unfortunately means a lot of those SR cards aren't great, but it'll fill some holes until you get better guys.

quote:

e2: do the little things that happen on the gacha asteroid screen mean anything? I've gotten Hercule flying into the asteroid a couple times and this time a bunch of things flew away from it.

Here's a handy guide to all the different summon animations and their meanings.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

welp I just did a multi-pull on Resurrected Warriors (the one with the 30-stone multi pulls) and got a shitload of SRs and SSR Golden Frieza :stare:

PHY R Gohan (Kid)
INT R Chi-Chi
TEQ SR Raditz
INT SR Mr. Buu
INT SR Chiaotzu
AGL SR Gohan (GT)
PHY SR Raditz
STR SR Android 16
AGL SSR Golden Frieza

e3: second multi-pull got me SSR Great Saiyaman SS2, SSR SSJ2 Teen Gohan, and SSR Kid Buu :stare:

That banner guarantees one featured SSR for your first 3 multi pull. which is why you got Golden Frieza on the first. He's a tank. SRs are all trash usually and are useless unless it's to increase the SA of their SSR counterparts.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

PHY R Gohan (Kid)
INT R Chi-Chi
TEQ SR Raditz
INT SR Mr. Buu
INT SR Chiaotzu
AGL SR Gohan (GT)
PHY SR Raditz
STR SR Android 16
AGL SSR Golden Frieza

Unfortunately, you don't have any real leaders in there. Best chance you've got is Golden Frieza for being a somewhat tanky "nuke" lead, since his skill ramps up damage as you get more ki. You can roll an AGL team, for now, and do storyline until you can roll something better, or get the hang of things and eventually reroll.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
My biggest problem with the rolls is that you shoot a kamehameha into the big ball and it poots out units instead of the whole thing exploding. Missed opportunity.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

junan_paalla posted:

My biggest problem with the rolls is that you shoot a kamehameha into the big ball and it poots out units instead of the whole thing exploding. Missed opportunity.

Goku fails to blow up the meteor in the Lord Slug movie. A bunch of strong guys pop out.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Jesus christ 100% these Golden Freezas was the dumbest idea I've ever loving had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Webbeh posted:

Jesus christ 100% these Golden Freezas was the dumbest idea I've ever loving had.

You grinding SA also? It's just such a pain because the missions only drop 1 or 2 medals and every Freeza besides cyber frieza needs 25 of a specific type. It's just a gigantic loving slog especially when you need to farm 5 different medals.