Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

I am 27 years and almost 9 months!! And I know there’s at least a couple TVIVers a few years younger than that.
I think we're approximately the same age :hfive:

I'll be 28 in July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Same!!! the 7th

I always assumed you were a little older than me (partly because you’re a way better poster than me) but that’s really cool

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Has there been any hype for the new season of Silicon Valley? My pop culture website intake has gone down drastically ever since AV Club became completely assimilated into the Gawker-like design, both in terms of looks and content, the few times I checked The Ringer there was nothing there about it, and there's no thread for it in this forum. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Personally, my desire to keep watching it is hanging by a thread. If they're back at square one yet again in the season premiere, that's it for me. Weirdly enough, I stopped watching Broad City midway through last season for the opposite reason: I think it got worse because they changed the formula when it didn't need changing.

RandomPauI posted:

Is there still a Bob's Burgers thread?
No, but considering it hasn't even gotten to 10 episodes this season, there's no real reason to make one. I got my girlfriend into it when I showed her the Valentine's Day and Halloween episodes this season. I need to get Hulu so I can watch the older episodes of that and other shows that migrated off of Netflix. :filez: just doesn't have the same appeal for me as it once did. "Mazel-Tina" and "The Equestranauts" are two of the best episodes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Silicon Valley isn’t back until the end of the week. Someone will probably make a thread closer to then.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

Same!!! the 7th

I always assumed you were a little older than me (partly because you’re a way better poster than me) but that’s really cool
Pfffffft, no I'm not haha. Thank you, but you're easily a higher quality poster than I am :love:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

I was going to reply with a bunch of educational YouTube channel suggestions, however I got overenthusiastic and made a thread instead. If any of you watch YouTube for informational or educational purposes, jump on over there!

Awesome list, I added some of my personal favorites you hadn’t mentioned (your list is pretty comprehensive though!).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I turn 28 next month :shobon:

Whattup 1990

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jessica Jones season 2 would've been a lot better if Jessica's mom wasn't in it at all and they had a different villain, story, plots, dialogue, character arcs, themes, and general concept of what the show is about. But other than that it was pretty good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EW/status/975863727693225985

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's not even 1% of Jeff Bezos' net worth

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think I've seen a dropoff in quality comparable to Jessica Jones from season 1 to 2.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm 23. 'Sup olds.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Arist posted:

I'm 23. 'Sup olds.

Lucky fucker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
39. You young guys are boned, us elderly fucks got to have lives in a not totally hosed world. Enjoy the apocalypse.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

39. You young guys are boned, us elderly fucks got to have lives in a not totally hosed world. Enjoy the apocalypse.

I'm 41, everything hurts all the time and I have to be careful when I fart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I'm 41, everything hurts all the time and I have to be careful when I fart.

Clearly you didn't live hard and fast enough.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

esperterra posted:

Lucky fucker

I was an idiot when I was 23. 31 is so much better.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Personally, my desire to keep watching it is hanging by a thread. If they're back at square one yet again in the season premiere, that's it for me. Weirdly enough, I stopped watching Broad City midway through last season for the opposite reason: I think it got worse because they changed the formula when it didn't need changing.

What'd they change it to? I loved the first season but then tapped out because I loved what it was and didn't really feel like I needed more.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 20, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they replaced the main guy because he turned out to be a creepy sex monster?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No, Broad City.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

I don't think I've seen a dropoff in quality comparable to Jessica Jones from season 1 to 2.

Twin Peaks, but then it saved it.

Unless David Lynch is planning on directing season 3 I don't see that happening.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

What'd they change it to? I loved the first season but then tapped out because I loved what it was and didn't really feel like I needed more.
It went away from the "two women screwing around carefree in NYC" plots and became more about those two women struggling to find their way through relationship and career changes. It's not so much the fact that they changed the formula as much as the fact that it wasn't nearly as funny as the first two seasons and parts of the third. I tuned out halfway through.

STAC Goat posted:

I think they replaced the main guy because he turned out to be a creepy sex monster?
TJ Miller decided to leave before that came out. All the better, he was like a third wheel in Season 4.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Santa Clarita trailer is looking pretty good. First season was just kind of average, hope they can step up their game this time around.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Santa Clarita s2 introduces me to a song even half as good as Got Your Number from s1 it’ll be worth it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought the latest season of Broad City was a fantastic return to form, personally.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Something felt a bit off about Broad City to me too. Maybe just doesn’t feel so fresh now it’s a few years old.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was better than season 3 but it’s still definitely showing its age

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

It was better than season 3 but it’s still definitely showing its age

Abby looks younger in season 4 than she did in season 1 tho

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm 12 and I like listening to REAL MUSIC like this not crap like justin bieber!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Krazyface posted:

I'm 12 and I like listening to REAL MUSIC like this not crap like justin bieber!!

Uncle Leo?!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There was still a lot of good in season 4 of Broad City but the finale left an incredibly sour taste for me. Like, reaffirming their friendship in the episode's final scene didn't undercut how much I myself would no longer want to be the others' friend had I been Abbi or Ilana after the events of the episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Regy Rusty posted:

I turn 28 next month :shobon:

Whattup 1990

I was in fifth grade in 1990.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

There there

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

I was in fifth grade in 1985. Pretty sure I'm almost the oldest one here. In my defense, I'm incredibly immature.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like Broad City's kind of... trying too hard nowadays? Like, its style used to feel organic and natural, and now it just feels like a checklist of things they tick off every episode. It kind of feels like the creators are getting bored with the show; I was actually genuinely surprised to find out it's coming back, because the s4 finale had a very definite "this show is ending" feeling to it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rhyno posted:

Heroes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Writer's strike. They had an excuse.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Walking Dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

The Walking Dead

Fired Frank Darabont.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Orphan Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Orphan Black went from amazing to just great imo and then ended way better than it had any right to after how convoluted it had gotten.

A good show would rewatch.

e: tbf i could be biased b/c canada, also i wish for tatiana maslany to be my wife she is crazy talented poo poo goddamn worth watching for her alone!! but yeah i never thought it got as bad as i'd seen some people complaining about