Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
It was nice of them to let the makeup crew/catering act as characters in the show.

That grandma and her gamer goons was the worst scene I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

The dumb Rick vs. Negan plot armor bonanza annoyed me right off the bat (heh) when Rick fired like a billion bullets from 100 feet away at the overturned car without seeing Negan. This made Negan run for his life because he realized Rick was coming.

Like, it would have been a simple kill to quietly walk up to the car, see Negan groggily waking up from the crash, and put a dozen bullets in him from 5 feet away.

It was more like an A-Team/GI Joe fight where no one gets hit.

The best part of that is that he fires like a solid 100 bullets without a reload, reloads, fires 10 shots and then chucks the gun on the ground.

Negan's lateral dodge of the axe that somehow sends him careening through the railing is also great. I mean it's all fantastic how lovely the writing is.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

JaySB posted:

The best part of that is that he fires like a solid 100 bullets without a reload, reloads, fires 10 shots and then chucks the gun on the ground.

Negan's lateral dodge of the axe that somehow sends him careening through the railing is also great. I mean it's all fantastic how lovely the writing is.

I will say: Rick throwing the axe was unexpected and badass. The one moment all season when I was genuinely surprised and delighted by something. Doesn't make up for everything else, but they got the nod for that one. :hai:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Gortarius posted:

It was nice of them to let the makeup crew/catering act as characters in the show.

That grandma and her gamer goons was the worst scene I've seen.

They had to fill the "talk bad" quota after killing the Trash Artist Colony.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh god dammit is Maggie's knowledge tome going to allow her to have a medieval defense to fight Eugene's dragon army

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I can barely remember a time in this show where a fight felt realistic and Ricks people are basically A-team members. They can dance around compounds with dozens of hostiles and kill people with sticks. Basically, why is anyone surprised? The only surprises left are what dumb new plot points they can dream up to troll the audience. A woman wandering around with a book of magic knowledge for the apocalypse. I would love to be at the writing meeting where that was dreamed up.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

her gamer goons was the worst scene I've seen.

they each said one word, didn't they? and the writers still hosed that up

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I stopped watching last season. This thread and you guys are the only thing keeping me connected to what is going down.

Thank you all for being the Jesus of poo poo shows. You all self sacrifice for my soul.

My only hope is some spergy guy does a fan edit that cuts out all the bad once the show is done.

Until then enjoy those stigmata marks.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

My only hope is some spergy guy does a fan edit that cuts out all the bad once the show is done.

how to make an edit that is 0:00...

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

how to make an edit that is 0:00...

A manchild can wet dream.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This thread is weakening me and I may throw season 7 on Netflix while doing other things.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

moist turtleneck posted:

When I was flipping through last night it sounded like Negan screamed for Lucille when he found out that railing was not OSHA compliant

Did I imagine it or did he personify his bat even when he wasn't practicing for limbo in front of the saviors?

He's done so before when Rick had his bat and he went into a frothing rage...and when Tanya or whoever the gently caress managed to squeeze off a shot point blank at him and it hit Lucille.
I honestly would have hoped Rick would have kept it just to add some stress and frothing rage to Negan and make him the rear end in a top hat we all want him to be

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/fNoH9at.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm really confused that they walked all the way to Negan's car but they didn't see the open door 20 feet away that said STAY OUT

Also lol at Negan driving in the back of the line by himself and a bucket of blood

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

dont even fink about it posted:

This thread is weakening me and I may throw season 7 on Netflix while doing other things.

I'm starting to falter as well. Gamer kids, helicopter lesbians: how long can I fight my curiosity?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Johnny Truant posted:

they each said one word, didn't they? and the writers still hosed that up

Didn't help they looked like a couple airsoft queens trying to look what the dream the real army looks like

I love how all the bat swings in the whole episode looks like they're swinging sledge hammers. Bats, even with barbed wire, aren't that heavy and your recovery shouldn't be "oh, I missed, let me heft this cinder block on a stick to swing at you again"
Also lol Negan managed to roll his car sideways after rolling over a 4 inch curb at what I assume was full speed head on given the skid marks

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 20, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/urTEsfm.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/tN185IG.gifv

rick is weak as gently caress

https://i.imgur.com/x7qD0Ci.gifv

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
like the governor had problems as a character and plot device but their fight at the end during the downfall of the prison was brutal and tense even knowing rick wasn't going to die.

haven't been watching this season at all since the break and rick and negan's little skirmish looks so goofy

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh whoops sorry i forgot one

I like how they added a digital poof cloud

https://i.imgur.com/ZjTWonG.gifv

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

I think from here on out I will only view TWD via the posts you make.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

My whole viewing party :lol:'ed at this and someone shouted "holy poo poo they did a Wile-E-Coyote!"

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Is it just me or did the information broker lady look like they dug up Robin Williams to redux a shittier Mrs. Doubtfire?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I will say: Rick throwing the axe was unexpected and badass. The one moment all season when I was genuinely surprised and delighted by something. Doesn't make up for everything else, but they got the nod for that one. :hai:

I gotta agree with this. I mean, every week they kind of surprise me with how bad everything is but this really worked. For three two seconds this show was good.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

warcrimes posted:

I gotta agree with this. I mean, every week they kind of surprise me with how bad everything is but this really worked. For three two seconds this show was good.

I'll say this about the episode: Rick and Negan genuinely acted like two men who hated each other and would stop at nothing to kill the other. If there were more scenes like that in this season or the last one I'd probably complain less about Negan's plot armor

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Yeah, I thought it was good that Negan and Rick had a one on one fight where Rick didn't hold back and Negan showed a lot of vulnerability. Trained cop vs bully gym teacher and it went exactly as you'd think. It was only luck that saved Negan. That and Simon taking over and declaring DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL NEGAN was cool. As was Dwight's "whoa, I never agreed to that" look of horror.

Then meanwhile we get the jarring "oh and here's next season's arc" with the Magic Photocopied Pamphlet of Knowledge. Can't wait for Rick to come to Hilltop after a hard day of trying to singlehandedly end the plot of the last 3 years and Maggie saying "oh hey while you were gone Pat Summit came and gave us a bunch of stuff in exchange for record albums about farming and aquaducts so we can learn to get midieval without just being goofly like Eziekiel."

"OK, well then I'll retire as leader and you can take over."

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiPLYBKos1w&t=199s

:barf: :barf: :barf:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That women showing up was just weird. Like she did research to know to trust this group but not enough to know about the saviors and how that settlement might be a smoldering pile of ash in a weeks time?

Don't think about don't think about it don't think about it

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
So this is still getting pretty good reviews, right? Or are any "mainstream" reviews finally discussing how this is literally one of the worst shows ever?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Aardark posted:

So this is still getting pretty good reviews, right? Or are any "mainstream" reviews finally discussing how this is literally one of the worst shows ever?

The AV Club had to replace their reviewer with someone who wasn't outright hatewatching it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/s08/

I would say that if even TV reviewers, who basically exist to promote TV shows, are hating on you from time to time, the shine is coming off.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I sorta liked the weird police siren music track they had when they zoomed up on ricks face during the "car chase".

It lasted for a good 5 seconds.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dont even fink about it posted:

The AV Club had to replace their reviewer with someone who wasn't outright hatewatching it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/s08/

I would say that if even TV reviewers, who basically exist to promote TV shows, are hating on you from time to time, the shine is coming off.

Aardark posted:

Forbes is just the best so far. Brutally honest but hate watching the gently caress out of the main series.

Also said reviewer hates Scott Gimple and (correctly) gushed over Fear's 3rd season. So he's alright in my book.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My whole viewing party :lol:'ed at this and someone shouted "holy poo poo they did a Wile-E-Coyote!"

I was thinking Elmar Fudd vs Bugs Bunny but Road Runner is an equally good point of reference.

I still can't get over Rick taunting Negan about his people not coming for him, confidently, apparently having read the script to know there was a power problem going on that he'd never, ever seen evidence of.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I love what this says about Rick: If anyone had been on their game (as they should have been) he'd probably have been taken to Hilltop to be executed slowly that very same day.

Negan's whole plan was that zombie guts would be infectious and he just got a bucket load of them dumped in his face but will probably be fine

Also why is Rick's shitmobile truck easily outrunning Negan's kind of sporty car so easily in this The Slow & The Annoyed sequel?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 20, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unlawfulsoup posted:

I can barely remember a time in this show where a fight felt realistic and Ricks people are basically A-team members. They can dance around compounds with dozens of hostiles and kill people with sticks. Basically, why is anyone surprised? The only surprises left are what dumb new plot points they can dream up to troll the audience. A woman wandering around with a book of magic knowledge for the apocalypse. I would love to be at the writing meeting where that was dreamed up.

It's not so much that as "Uh lady, we could have raided a library and found all of this out at any time, it's not that impressive."

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

It reminds me of the book Lucifer's Hammer, where this smart dude hides a bunch of really important books in his septic tanks

But those books are like "how to make insulin", and "how to culture penicillin properly", not "dig a hole to poop in so you don't get sick" and other great tidbits of knowledge from the 1600s

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They're gonna be looking for Morgan to give him the cheese recipes but it'll be too late, he has to go to Texas because he taught a kid to fight back once

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Does this show even remember zombies are supposed to be a threat? 2 people trapped in a tiny room with dozens of undead? Nah we're good.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
level 1 zombies barely have any effect on a level 10 hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Holy poo poo thanks for posting those car chase gifs because I was looking at my phone or something and hahahahaha holy fuckballs that is bad.

It looks like the kind of poo poo kids would film with their parent's cars and an iphone strapped to radioshack drone. :golfclap:

Akumos posted:

Does this show even remember zombies are supposed to be a threat? 2 people trapped in a tiny room with dozens of undead? Nah we're good.

Remember the first time you watched the season 1 episode "Guts" and how disturbing that was? Oh well, gas up the bus because Megan is taking his best buddies BloodBucket and Lucille off to Atlantic City!!!11

moist turtleneck posted:

level 1 zombies barely have any effect on a level 10 hero

Yeah, ever since the cannibals, the main cast has somehow gained the power to not only see the future, but just God-Mode their way through every encounter. TWD is turning into a game of Rimworld where I have activated all the cheatcodes in an attempt to just break a simulation I'm bored with...