Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
This is why grubby is the best streamer https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyEvilOxDeIlluminati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Shibawanko posted:

Vegan Butcher skin

and an apron that says 'Meat is Murder' on it.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Mankrik’s Wife but she has the old school stealth

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Feenix has some GREAT emoji

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

The important thing is now there are enough protoss for a full team of five.

Although the full Terran team would kick their asses.

Can we get a Zerg warrior now?

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 20, 2018

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Dietrich posted:

Dehaka.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Oh yeah

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Give Diablo a zerg skin so I can play a non-niche zerg warrior.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BTW shield-interactive abilities do affect Fenix's shield, even though his shield has a different "hp bar" than normal shields. Someone was asking when his hero spotlight was first released.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

MaliciousOnion posted:

and an apron that says 'Meat is Murder' on it.

Head.of broccoli and massive ear of corn.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

BrianBoitano posted:

BTW shield-interactive abilities do affect Fenix's shield, even though his shield has a different "hp bar" than normal shields. Someone was asking when his hero spotlight was first released.
Which makes it kind of funny Varian just happened to get a rework at the same time.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

twin blades varian is extremely gear hes like an unkillable beast that reduces enemy healing. i'm on like a 10 game win streak slamming that poo poo team comp be damned

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Dietrich posted:

Technically there already was, Artanis Tassadar Zeratul Probius Alarak

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Except probius is a lowly machine!!! And one may argue Fenix is too...

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

whalestory posted:

Except probius is a lowly machine!!! And one may argue Fenix is too...

I don't know about lowly, Fenix is one of the most venerated heroes of the Protoss race.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Sorry I meant that he was a machine not lowly. I apologize

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

whalestory posted:

Sorry I meant that he was a machine not lowly. I apologize

nah his still-barely-living body floats in a tank inside the dragoon body and controls it. so more of a cyborg or cymek.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Technically there already was, Artanis Tassadar Zeratul Probius Alarak

Like probius counts.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dietrich posted:

Like probius counts.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Man, machine, or Taldarim, we are all Templar

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Had my first solo lane against new Sonya as Zagara and good god it did not go well for me. Is there anything that counters Sonya or is she first ban material again?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Some dudes are hard to counter. Someone with safe poke and an escape. Hanjo.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Fenix counters sonya, he can force her to either chase you or retreat. But be warned if the enemy team has a raynor because he can give you a taste of your own medicine.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Froghammer posted:

Had my first solo lane against new Sonya as Zagara and good god it did not go well for me. Is there anything that counters Sonya or is she first ban material again?

What were you doing? Were you pushing your lane out? Your number one job as solo lane is to soak xp. Number 2 job is to not lose towers. If you can accomplish doing those two things then you've done your job, anything on top of that is gravy. If you're actively clearing the waves and pushing them out then Sonya is going to be able to get aggressive on you. Just let her push the wave and do the minimum to try and keep stuff off your towers. If you're constantly fighting near your towers it's much riskier for Sonya to dive in on you.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

Murky's bribe is one of the ones that doesn't do that. :eng101:

I forgot Bribe was replaced by A Fishy Deal.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Really hoping for a nerf to crash lightning, may it come soon.

Star fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 20, 2018

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dietrich posted:

Like probius counts.

Go away.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Star posted:

Really hoping for a nerf to crash lightning, may it come soon.

How dare they make a melee assassin with no blink viable

e: no blink before lvl 20**

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 21, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I love melee assassins!

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

Thrall was perfectly viable before the bounce range buff.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Froghammer posted:

I watched a minor-league game today while doing housechores with grubby commentating, and one team first-picked sonya and banned Tychus, saying that tychus is a good counter to her. I don't know how that truly plays out at my gold/plat level, but grubby declared it a wise ban.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Olaf The Stout posted:

I watched a minor-league game today while doing housechores with grubby commentating, and one team first-picked sonya and banned Tychus, saying that tychus is a good counter to her. I don't know how that truly plays out at my gold/plat level, but grubby declared it a wise ban.

Sonya spears in, Tychus then safely guns her down while she is unable to reach him. Tychus is a good anti dive hero. I don't know if you'd win the lane 1v1 though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

Sonya spears in, Tychus then safely guns her down while she is unable to reach him. Tychus is a good anti dive hero. I don't know if you'd win the lane 1v1 though.

This mirrors my thoughts. Tychus has a reasonably good kit against a hard diving engager like Sonya, he's beefier than Valla and still has a dash, minigun probably chunks Sonya down harder than her Whirlwind can keep up with, but I don't know if I'd put him as a solo laner exactly.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

bamhand posted:

FUNNY YALL SHOULD MENTION THIS here is some extended 1v1 laning of psalm playing Tychus against a Sonya from just last night. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240708770?t=2h03m If I had to sum it up he throws the grenades at Sonya to harass, saves overkill for waveclear when its safe. You might even say he outplays the Sonya and still only basically stalls the lane.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I had a game earlier tonight where I drafted Ana, then the enemy team drafted Alexstrasza.

I had Grenade Calibration done at level 7.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mind over Matter posted:

I had a game earlier tonight where I drafted Ana, then the enemy team drafted Alexstrasza.

I had Grenade Calibration done at level 7.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

It's great that Thrall is viable and I want him to stay that way, but it is kinda silly that he tops the damage chart in every game I see him in simply by taking crash lightning.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Damage numbers are a poor proxy for overpoweredness. What % of his damage is involved in real kills? If he's doing damage that gets safely healed away, it might as well didn't happen.

He is good right now, but he requires skill to play as (a good deal of which is just because he's melee and not a tank) and there is reasonable counterplay - he absolutely cannot shrug off burst damage and a ranged dps properly kiting while dodging his wolf root beats him every time.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

EdRush posted:

FUNNY YALL SHOULD MENTION THIS here is some extended 1v1 laning of psalm playing Tychus against a Sonya from just last night. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240708770?t=2h03m If I had to sum it up he throws the grenades at Sonya to harass, saves overkill for waveclear when its safe. You might even say he outplays the Sonya and still only basically stalls the lane.

Kai Tave posted:

This mirrors my thoughts. Tychus has a reasonably good kit against a hard diving engager like Sonya, he's beefier than Valla and still has a dash, minigun probably chunks Sonya down harder than her Whirlwind can keep up with, but I don't know if I'd put him as a solo laner exactly.

bamhand posted:

I'd say Tychus is a decent counter to Sonya, high attack speed so Block gets burned easily, % damage, decent wave clear, and you can get her low enough that she either has to back off or you can finish her off with a teammate ganking. Especially on Braxis he's pretty good too since all you need to do is stop her from pushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

This is cute but for newbies reading this: as Alex you should cast your W out of range of these abilities and instead use Q on allies. Thanks to Q build she doesn't actually need circle to sustain her allies past level 7. A good practice if you really need to heal your team with it is to cast it whenever big AOEs like Chromie W, Malf roots or KT combo have already been used. If it's used in a last ditch effort to save your tank or something then it doesn't really matter whether it helps them aim their spells or not. (you shouldn't do that though, you're sacrificing your self sustain and chances are your spell will miss anyway because it takes a very long time to proc/your target was displaced/your target did not feel like staying in the circle anyway)

Most important factor for Alex to perform is to have a good tank that take their peeling seriously and it should be smooth sailing.

Source: I've been playing Alex pretty much exclusively for the past 2 weeks. :eng101: