Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women.

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Mar 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Jazerus posted:

an extremely popular senator showed up at a rally he agrees with outside the capitol building, where he works, and because he is an extremely popular senator the crowd wanted him to speak

the organizers are less important here than the crowd imo. they've been persuaded by the outsized voice of hillbot twitter that perfidious bernie is trying to co-opt them, but the people knew what they wanted

the organizer who tweeted that definitely doesn't appear to be a hillbot though

sure, I doubt his intent was malicious, but it's not great

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

FuriousxGeorge posted:

There is a special place in hell for women who do not help each other.

The price, we think, is worth it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i love that people are finally cottoning on to how hollow the "has never done this before" argument rings when the alternative is decades of People Doing This Before

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women.

lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

I mean if he really did crash the rally and interrupt the speakers and that wasn't just something Hillbot Twitter was making up, that's pretty lovely

did you miss the videos of the crowds chanting his name or something

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barry Convex posted:

I mean if he really did crash the rally and interrupt the speakers and that wasn't just something Hillbot Twitter was making up, that's pretty lovely

If taking the mic taken away from wonderful, effective progressives like pelosi is the worst thing they have to experience, it's still a metric fuckshit better than the treatment they really deserve.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/976139629668663296

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

the organizer who tweeted that definitely doesn't appear to be a hillbot though

sure, I doubt his intent was malicious, but it's not great

those other tweets are from 3 years ago

teenagers are not great in general at discerning nuances such as "bernie voted for those bills as part of a compromise which made the bills, which would have passed regardless, significantly less horrific". she seems to feel burned by bernie due to his past stances on gun control, which is now understandably the issue she cares about most, without really investigating why bernie did what he did. partially because hillbot twitter spams deeply misleading propaganda images about his record wrt guns.

this doesn't mean youth political activism is bad or anything. the kids are rad. but they will make mistakes in perception that don't make sense to someone with more than a couple of years of political awareness

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
tfw bernie does Nth-dimension chess on gun control

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
CCLAM or whatever that account is is not one of the organizers of the event. It's just a standard issue hillbot.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

joepinetree posted:

CCLAM or whatever that account is is not one of the organizers of the event. It's just a standard issue hillbot.

the person they're replying to is an organizer

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
here's a bernie-cam perspecitive on the speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AFCLoA-gP8

people don't complain about surprise guests at concerts, why would they complain about a surprise speaker at a political rally except to be disingenuous?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Jazerus posted:

the person they're replying to is an organizer

Yeah, a high school girl who was attacked by hillbots for days and then just said that they didn't invite him (and as far as Im aware, they didnt invite anyone).

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

joepinetree posted:

Yeah, a high school girl who was attacked by hillbots for days and then just said that they didn't invite him (and as far as Im aware, they didnt invite anyone).

correct

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Good. Our most successful citizens should have the most influence to make the rest of us successful.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

bernie

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

sanders

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

he got it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Nixon vs Cuomo is really going to put on display how terrible NY Dems are.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

so does that mean she's unqualified to BE a lesbian or

To be fair there’s an incredibly high bar you have to clear to qualify. I applied a while back and while my written exam scores were good I couldn’t pass the credit check so I had to settle for being heteroflexible.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jazerus posted:

those other tweets are from 3 years ago

teenagers are not great in general at discerning nuances such as "bernie voted for those bills as part of a compromise which made the bills, which would have passed regardless, significantly less horrific". she seems to feel burned by bernie due to his past stances on gun control, which is now understandably the issue she cares about most, without really investigating why bernie did what he did. partially because hillbot twitter spams deeply misleading propaganda images about his record wrt guns.

this doesn't mean youth political activism is bad or anything. the kids are rad. but they will make mistakes in perception that don't make sense to someone with more than a couple of years of political awareness

there's no silver lining to PLCAA, it's a lovely law, the end

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
As a total aside, it's been amazing watching the charlatans at cambridge analytica suddenly being considered evil wizards. The fucks who spent the entire primary campaign working for the wildly competent Ted Cruz campaign are now single handedly responsible for denying Clinton the win she deserved.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

the democrats successes in every singlr special election outside of ossoff just demonstrates how loving awful the Clinton campaign was in a basic campaigning skills sense in addition to bad policies

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anything to take the blame off of Hillary being a steaming turd, I guess.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Zikan posted:

the democrats successes in every singlr special election outside of ossoff just demonstrates how loving awful the Clinton campaign was in a basic campaigning skills sense in addition to bad policies

It’s time to admit Hillary Clinton is an extraordinarily talented politician you sexist monster

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JonathanCohn/status/975904886234796032?s=19

ahahahahahahaha are you loving kidding me?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving hell the Democrats are worthless

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Let's see... who's a 'no' there?

Booker, Duckworth, Feinstein, Gillibrand, Harris, Sanders, Schumer, Warren...

Why the gently caress did Tammy Baldwin vote for this ugh time to contact her office again

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

joepinetree posted:

As a total aside, it's been amazing watching the charlatans at cambridge analytica suddenly being considered evil wizards. The fucks who spent the entire primary campaign working for the wildly competent Ted Cruz campaign are now single handedly responsible for denying Clinton the win she deserved.

the election of trump was preprodained, unstoppable—there’s nothing anyone could have done differently to have changed the outcome, except for bernie and jill stein to have not campaigned, but certainly nothing hillary or the dems cpuld have done

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

*Kabuki theatrics intensify*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Border Protect-what?

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/976159669650690051

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's funny how Feinstein has suddenly joined the v. exclusive "Actually Voting No on GOP poo poo" club following news that she has a credible primary opponent.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

It's funny how Feinstein has suddenly joined the v. exclusive "Actually Voting No on GOP poo poo" club following news that she has a credible primary opponent.

it was exactly because of that and also because i called her office and yelled at her intern

dems building up their political capital so hard and so bigly like in dragon ball z

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/davidshor/status/976164731085053954?s=20

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It would be good to sink the CBP guy on principle, but the nominee was appointed to the deputy position by Obama and is otherwise qualified for the role.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThndrShk2k posted:

My browser keeps redirecting me to this weird site:

HOly poo poo, return of the king! JEFF K!!!!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

It would be good to sink the CBP guy on principle, but the nominee was appointed to the deputy position by Obama and is otherwise qualified for the role.

If the situation was flipped the GOP would have filibustered the poo poo out of it. Or at the very least, none of them would vote yea.

That's the loving dumb part.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Barry Convex posted:

well this is pretty bad for bernie, gently caress

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Joementum posted:

The current administration's immigration agenda has to be disrupted at every opportunity.

• Locked thread