Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I don't see what the big deal is, the chief gas chamber comptroller is clearly qualified for the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

It would be good to sink the CBP guy on principle, but the nominee was appointed to the deputy position by Obama and is otherwise qualified for the role.

kevin mcaleenan was an advocate of and helped to enforce trump's muslim ban

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sandy Hook Sanders strikes again

https://twitter.com/brenbizou/status/975876157370458112

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it’s lol af that the democrats big plan for gun control is having victims lose all their money trying to fight Remington’s team of lawyers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

when i saw the videos of the kids cheering and going nuts for bernie i definitely saw how they were surprised and upset at his actions

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

when i saw the videos of the kids cheering and going nuts for bernie i definitely saw how they were surprised and upset at his actions

They were actually screaming in horror

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MizPiz posted:

They were actually screaming in horror

Bernie Sanders devouring the souls of innocent teens for gun manufacturers

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
When will someone stop this madman bernie sanders?!?!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got an email from the actual 3rd way about their wapo 12-point bullshit.

i replied that doing away with the federal minimum wage was a terrible idea because tennessee doesn't have a state minimum wage law. i also pointed out that the incumbent republican in the state legislature had cosponsored a bill to give tax credits to telecoms to improve cell phone service, and if rural electrification had been handled the same way as what they're again proposing with broadband, half the residents in my county would still have to rely on outside shitters.

i concluded with the suggestion that they "eat my entire rear end," verbatim.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Mar 20, 2018

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

got an email from the actual 3rd way about their wapo 12-point bullshit.

i replied that doing away with the federal minimum wage was a terrible idea because tennessee doesn't have a state minimum wage law. i also pointed out that the incumbent republican in the state legislature had cosponsored a bill to give tax credits to telecoms to improve cell phone service, and if rural electrification had been handled the same way as what they're again proposing with broadband, half the residents in my county would still have to rely on outside shitters.

i concluded with the suggestion that they "eat my entire rear end," verbatim.

Whoa, look at this unrealistic daydreamer who things you can just "build" libraries!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

jesus christ what the gently caress is this bullshit when walter jones is still serving

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Let's see... who's a 'no' there?

Booker, Duckworth, Feinstein, Gillibrand, Harris, Sanders, Schumer, Warren...

Why the gently caress did Tammy Baldwin vote for this ugh time to contact her office again

Why do so many people dislike Tammy Baldwin?

I see that she is disliked in Wisconsin polls.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Whoa, look at this unrealistic daydreamer who things you can just "build" libraries!

Well, you see, as the chair of a party that has absolutely no presence (not for lack of trying) in my county, I would have thought that my angry dismissal of their ideas would pack a little harder punch than just some unsolicited internet rando.

But I'll admit that sort of thinking may be a little of unwarranted self importance on my part.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

this sounds bad, but let's wait and see how he does in his new role :decorum:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do so many people dislike Tammy Baldwin?

I see that she is disliked in Wisconsin polls.

most of that dislike is more because she's not really done anything to establish herself (so democrats are :geno: on her, while republicans are mad that we're represented by a pinko lesbian), and less because people actively dislike her

She's been a real disappointment compared to Feingold, and unfortunately from what I can see there's no one credible running against her in the primary, so it'll be her against either Kevin Nicholson or Leah Vukmir and I have a feeling she's going to lose by less than a percentage point

Kinda wish that all the star power running for Govenor (Mahlon Mitchell, Paul Soglin, et al) that one of them would peel off to try to primary Baldwin but :sigh:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"Purity tests" in 2015: M4A, $15/h min wage, legal weed

"Purity tests" now: Willing to vote No on even a single GOP bill, appointment, or resolution

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

You see, because Bernie Sanders doesn't hold up to my purity test no one should support him and instead support my candidates and no you aren't one of us so you can't hold my candidates up any type of purity test.

You have to be pragmatic and see that purity tests are only for you and your candidates.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Vox Nihili posted:

"Purity tests" in 2015: M4A, $15/h min wage, legal weed

"Purity tests" now: Willing to vote No on even a single GOP bill, appointment, or resolution

Dem compromise: How about instead of any of that, we have purity tests to vote in our primaries?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
As Dems are basically run like a religious cult you can see why purity tests are pretty important.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SKULL.GIF posted:

most of that dislike is more because she's not really done anything to establish herself (so democrats are :geno: on her, while republicans are mad that we're represented by a pinko lesbian), and less because people actively dislike her

She's been a real disappointment compared to Feingold, and unfortunately from what I can see there's no one credible running against her in the primary, so it'll be her against either Kevin Nicholson or Leah Vukmir and I have a feeling she's going to lose by less than a percentage point

Kinda wish that all the star power running for Govenor (Mahlon Mitchell, Paul Soglin, et al) that one of them would peel off to try to primary Baldwin but :sigh:

Ironstache can't rise soon enough.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

#Resist!

(Confirms every insane Trump appointment with no opposition)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

well this is pretty bad for bernie, gently caress

the kids are mad because they bought into the "Bernie is pro-gun" poo poo

also, the fact that people are apparently attacking the parkland kids because Bernie was at their rally reflects badly on a lot of loving shitheads

more Dems voted for it than against it

also, half the Dems that voted against it were the ones with obvious presidential ambitions

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/dwdavison9318/status/976210376474931200

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The suck warzone

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jones is a waste. Moore should have won.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I'm pleasantly surprised that only ten Dems voted against it, which I guess just shows how low my expectations have gotten

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Rhode Island Democrats are abysmal, omg

Bring back LINC!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my senator from new jersey loving voted against it aaaaaaaa

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Doug Jones! *click*

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Succ Jones

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i'm honestly wondering how many backstabs and kabuki senate votes it's going to take before people get over the dems' paper thin act of "golly gee we're just so inept! we're totally not pursuing an agenda in bad faith or anything we're just can't stop tripping over our dicks guys!", because recognizing their fundamental complicity and dishonesty is kind of a necessary step to accomplishing any sort of meaningful changes in (current year)

yet still half the people itt continue to give them the benefit of the doubt

e: including myself tbf, i think for me what we've seen of 2018 thus far was the breaking point

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/klnynews/status/976213769016750080
lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women.

Funny, that is almost exactly word for word the Clinton campaign endorser used ontop of erasure for women supporters of Bernie

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

of course lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

The democrats

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

hahahaha

ahaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa

fdksjhflksafs

lol i couldn't have posted the post above that at a better time

gently caress sake

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
what did I say? what the gently caress did I say? Gillibrand sucks and she's been virtue signaling this whole goddamn time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cant wait till all the reconstructed hillarymen are suddenly gillirymen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ughhhh gillibraaaand

I'm 100% sure she's gonna be the DNC "frontrunner" for 2020 too, she's handily beating Harris and Booker so far

• Locked thread