Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

AtomikKrab posted:

Either the grand dukes mask is even tougher or they think he'd dodge the first one.

They're probably trying to give as large a margin of error as possible.

Nice chapter. Appreciate lady demon giving advice that would have saved her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AtomikKrab posted:

Either the grand dukes mask is even tougher or they think he'd dodge the first one.

Yeah they have to shoot while hes attacking so hes open for a visceral.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the art has improved so much since the start its really impressive

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The early art has like one of the only static images that's ever startled me while reading manga

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The manga is still going really strong but the escape storyline was a phenomenal first arc.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I went back for a re-read and man there are some really strong bits of plot and foreshadowing in that first arc. I had completely forgotten the context behind where they get the pen from in the first place, and its original source (from the Sister Krone flashback) is insaaaaanely suspicious.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Just got Volume 1 and I really like the Isabella foreshadow on the inside of the front cover.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

New chapter https://readms.net/r/neverland/080/4982/1

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Page 18 (or 16 i guess technically) is extremely good. I kind of hope Lewis sticks around, he seems like a real son of a bitch.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Both Lewis and Bayon are really good.
But Lewis especially so.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Lewis' design. In general, it seems like the artist has really locked down an aesthetic for the demons, and it's fantastic. And still allows for variety, like the difference between the weird latex bondage outfits of the couple, and Lewis' vampire hunter gear.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Leuvis is such a chit and I will be very happy for him to be dead. I wouldn't mind seeming some demon vs demon fights again later.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Latest chapter is out on VIZ and I'm assuming wherever people get their manga normally. It didn't do much for me honestly, felt like it should have taken up half a chapter and the other half could have focussed on Emma or Lucas etc., just felt a bit stretched on some characters that we don't know well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its to make tou care for these kids that are going to horribly die.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its to make tou care for these kids that are going to horribly die.

Yeah pretty much this. There’s no way all these new players make it out alive. I expect at least a couple of noble sacrifices. I’d even guess that Lucas is going to die either just before or just after reuniting with Ray and old dude

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 4, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, the kids have to go somewhere. Even if they kill all the demons, the underground hunting ground isn't safe to live in. I doubt the shelter the Grace Field kids could take in all of them.

Thus, most of them gotta go.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

New chapter: https://readms.net/r/neverland/082/5007/1

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I want them to liiiiive

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This comic is tense since I don't know if plot armor exists for really anyone outside of the three main kids.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Radish posted:

This comic is tense since I don't know if plot armor exists for really anyone outside of the three main kids.

It doesn't really,

Dis gon be good.

I also like how the older demons are actually like. Good, finally some interesting poo poo for once, THIS WILL BE FUN.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Let hat girl be okay

Kill Lucas, kill every other kid, kill Emma and end the manga in a weird and abrupt way

Just don't take hat girl

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hat girl is top tier

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think they'll all live. After all, they're supposed to start a revolution!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think most, if not all, of them will survive this but a couple will get serious injuries. What happens to them later on is anyone's guess.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Am I the only one who simply doesn't care about these kids?
I mean they are not bad, but they got introduced in such a rapid fire way that it's hard to get attached to them.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Am I the only one who simply doesn't care about these kids?
I mean they are not bad, but they got introduced in such a rapid fire way that it's hard to get attached to them.

I don't care about most of them because like you say they just got introduced recently, but it's a case-by-case thing. Hat 'Gillian' Girl is the exception, they could've offed Nigel and I wouldn't have cared but Gillian's had spunk and a great design since day 1 and I became attached to her during the fight with Luce.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel like most of these kids could've used at least an introduction before this series of chapters about them killing and being killed. There's still a whole lot of good in these past few chapters but if we knew a bit more about these guys beforehand I think it would land a bit better.

Mostly though i'm just waiting to see what's going on with Lewis because he's extremely cool and Emma murdering him will also be extremely cool.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I know they want to kill Bayon for all the kids he murdered, but wouldn't it be simpler if they exposed the underground place and have the demon community deal with him?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

I know they want to kill Bayon for all the kids he murdered, but wouldn't it be simpler if they exposed the underground place and have the demon community deal with him?

How does that guarantee their safety though.
If they take care of bayon and the hunters they have a hidden, defensible location that thwy can operate out of.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

How does that guarantee their safety though.
If they take care of bayon and the hunters they have a hidden, defensible location that thwy can operate out of.

I don't know about that. The human dude that works with the demons was the one who betrayed Minerva and gave up the location of the hideout. If Bayon disappears I imagine the dude will guess what happened.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Wasn’t that in the past though? We don’t have a timescale for when that occurred or are we assuming that happened just as Lucas and old dude showed up there?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think they heavily underestimated Bayon.

https://readms.net/r/neverland/083/5023/1

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Words cannot express how close my heart is to leaping out of my throat right now.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think they heavily underestimated Bayon.

https://readms.net/r/neverland/083/5023/1

Or did he underestimate their estimation! I'm honestly super unsure and insanely worried to find out! Really cool to find out what Leuvis' game was and the revelation was pretty cool because I'd been wondering about how they figured out the eye thing Extremely good that the text just has a scribble to avoid saying the man's name instead of using "him" or w/e.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

EmmyOk posted:

Extremely good that the text just has a scribble to avoid saying the man's name instead of using "him" or w/e.
I chuckled at the continuation of that running joke(?).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I wonder if it's just a gag or if his name is going to be something important? Or maybe him finally saying his own name will be his way of showing that he trusts Emma and Ray.

Also get hosed Bayon Please don't kill the kids Bayon

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This comic is basically this over and over:

but done in a way that makes it super tense and exciting.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmbo

I watch Death Note recently and it ruled extremely hard even after the point I'd heard a lot of people didn't like.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EmmyOk posted:

lmbo

I watch Death Note recently and it ruled extremely hard even after the point I'd heard a lot of people didn't like.

I liked it a lot too, but I'd definitely say its highest peak was with L. Also not a fan of the anime's treatment of the ending, where I felt it was trying to make me feel sorry for Light. That was dumb.

Honestly not sure how this little arc is going to wind up. Seems obvious there's got to be casualties on the kids' end, and we might be confronted with a long term recurring villain depending on how the rest of things shake out. I'm expecting success, but not a terribly satisfying one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chappy
https://readms.net/r/neverland/084/5035/1