Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

deadwing posted:

SNPA is bottle conditioned for two weeks and doesn't leave the warehouse until that's done

and it's not some dumb double dry hopped milkshake ipa, it can handle a month or two in the bottle/can without falling apart

That's great, the reality of SN being at least 6 weeks old the day it arrives in stores and being a bulk buy beer means in reality it's 6-9 months old by the time you usually buy it.

But yeah fresh IPA is a hypebro trend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
found out a couple days ago that Oxbow will not be hosting Pils and Love this summer- apparently they lost their loving shirts since it was almost all industry people.

sad.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

I'm an idiot. Meant Wunderkammer

If any of that is still hanging around, I'd buy it all. One of the most complex beers I've ever had.

Lyon posted:

pastry stouts (unless they taste like green peppers)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

funkybottoms posted:

found out a couple days ago that Oxbow will not be hosting Pils and Love this summer- apparently they lost their loving shirts since it was almost all industry people.

sad.

No!!!!! it was easily the best beer 'fest' i've ever been to

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

funkybottoms posted:

sad.

Dammit :smithcloud: Plus side, that justifies me doing a music fest in Montreal instead during that time of year then...

The Pinthouse and Firestone Electric Union collab turned out awesome. Got exactly what they promised: a hazy ipa with kolsch yeast.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Lyon posted:

This thread is too quick to mock people. I get that you're all old jaded beer curmudgeons who are too good for pastry stouts (unless they taste like green peppers) but Jesus. The guy liked a beer and wanted to share that with the thread. I get that you're all past stocking your cellars with the flavor of the week and the hoarding advice (plus the unfortunate spelling mistake) are probably the major issue here but still.

I'm sure a lot of it was good natured ribbing and most of you are probably fun to hang out with in person but a lot of you come off as assholes online.

Sorry having flashbacks to the response when I first popped into the thread and talked about razzling beers so I gotta stick up for incoherent.

Midorka, you've finally outed yourself

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

No!!!!! it was easily the best beer 'fest' i've ever been to

wanna hang with the Oxbow dog again :(

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://www.brewersassociation.org/press-releases/brewers-association-releases-2018-beer-style-guidelines/

poo poo just got OFFICIAL.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

Gonna memorize this and “Well, actually...” people at Binny’s.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

...I kind of like the addition of the modern American Pils.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm more excited about "australian pale ales"

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Compusaurus posted:

Gonna memorize this and “Well, actually...” people at Binny’s.

"Do you have any New England style pale ales?"

"Well actually *adjusts glasses and suspenders* New England style pale ales do not exist. The BA classifies them as Hazy or Juicy pale ales.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm more excited about "australian pale ales"

NEXT BIG TREND.

But I'm legitimately interested. Based purely on the descriptions here, it sounds like the old separation between English and American IPAs. What specifically makes a pale ale Australian? The hops?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

danbanana posted:

NEXT BIG TREND.

But I'm legitimately interested. Based purely on the descriptions here, it sounds like the old separation between English and American IPAs. What specifically makes a pale ale Australian? The hops?

From the description it sounds like they're aping west coast IPAs but with less bitter/piney hops and more of the new fashioned varieties of pacific hops, also likely lower malt flavor.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

From the description it sounds like they're aping west coast IPAs but with less bitter/piney hops and more of the new fashioned varieties of pacific hops, also likely lower malt flavor.

So every Galaxy pale made in the last 5 years. Got it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hopefully more like motueka, eukanot, jade, etc instead.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

I'm definitely down for Australian pales being a thing. enigma hops are some of the loving loudest out there

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

danbanana posted:

NEXT BIG TREND.

When you drainpour them, they swirl in the opposite direction as American IPAs. Duh.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Sirotan posted:

When you drainpour them, they swirl in the opposite direction as American IPAs. Duh.

lol

i got an email about this earlier today and the words "juciy" and "pilsener" were in the subject line (i know the latter isn't incorrect, but who the hell spells it that way in the US?)

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Sirotan posted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

funkybottoms posted:

lol

i got an email about this earlier today and the words "juciy" and "pilsener" were in the subject line (i know the latter isn't incorrect, but who the hell spells it that way in the US?)

Love to hord juciy pilseners

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
What are some breweries I should hit in Denver and Boulder? I hear it's a real craft beer hub. I like lagers, goses, pale ales, IPAs sparingly. Not a lot of sweet malt or dark malt. Not sure if that matters for brewery recs.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Comb Your Beard posted:

What are some breweries I should hit in Denver and Boulder? I hear it's a real craft beer hub. I like lagers, goses, pale ales, IPAs sparingly. Not a lot of sweet malt or dark malt. Not sure if that matters for brewery recs.

it does, and you should go to Bierstadt

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.

funkybottoms posted:

it does, and you should go to Bierstadt

Bierstadt Lagerhaus that does all lagers? That sounds awesome thanks for the trip.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Comb Your Beard posted:

Bierstadt Lagerhaus that does all lagers? That sounds awesome thanks for the trip.

Yeah start there and aimlessly wander around the area

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Lyon posted:

This thread is too quick to mock people. I get that you're all old jaded beer curmudgeons who are too good for pastry stouts (unless they taste like green peppers) but Jesus. The guy liked a beer and wanted to share that with the thread. I get that you're all past stocking your cellars with the flavor of the week and the hoarding advice (plus the unfortunate spelling mistake) are probably the major issue here but still.

I'm sure a lot of it was good natured ribbing and most of you are probably fun to hang out with in person but a lot of you come off as assholes online.

Sorry having flashbacks to the response when I first popped into the thread and talked about razzling beers so I gotta stick up for incoherent.

Failed to take the temperature of the room, which is the ultimate poster sin. I'll just be more measured (and run it through spell check). TY my dude.

Also, for day 2 at week of logic I had a wonderful sour wine barrel aged called "Iris Pseudacorus". Hellish parking was still hell, so no change on that front.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

incoherent posted:

Failed to take the temperature of the room, which is the ultimate poster sin.

Don't upset the echo chamber.

But everyone here is cool as poo poo and has strong opinions about stuff. For instance, Compusaurus has a loving awful palate. So don't let it bother you. Promote your jams as you see fit.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think everything is cool and good except being a hyper neckbeard about beer.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

danbanana posted:

Don't upset the echo chamber.

But everyone here is cool as poo poo and has strong opinions about stuff. For instance, Compusaurus has a loving awful palate. So don't let it bother you. Promote your jams as you see fit.

This guys opinions in particular are flighty

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i think we're a pretty sedate group of neckbeards

saw the Answer's storage area today; they have hundreds of sixtels of FIS, FBS, Geyser Gose, and BA Ten Fiddy

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What’s good and interesting in the South Florida area? Specifically, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, the Keys.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Control Volume posted:

This guys opinions in particular are flighty

Nice.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Fun fact, while opening some bottles on Saturday I had to explain what a "neckbeard" is.
Didn't help that I had the most actual neckbeard at the table.

Long story short...drink what you want/like.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Drinking an Allagash Pastiche, and this a ridiculous amount of barrel character.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

funkybottoms posted:

saw the Answer's storage area today; they have hundreds of sixtels of FIS, FBS, Geyser Gose, and BA Ten Fiddy

GOODNESS I WONDER WHY

fr fr Geyser Gose is a much more uh, characterful beer than they usually use for Andalls. I wonder if anyone will even notice it under the dragonfruit-passionfruit triple raspberry margarita creamsicle treatment.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I knew what the answer did but I never looked at their andall list today and are any of these combos actually drinkable? These all look awful

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Eh, some of the stout variants are probably good? French pressing coffee + stout is pretty tasty. Or at least interesting.

The fruit ones are more wtf. Just give in to your alcoholism and put vodka in that morning smoothie already.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
The biggest issue, to me, is that The Answer is a legit brewery that makes pretty good beer so you assume the andall beers are using beer that was brewed in house. They don't say anywhere that the andall beers are just commonly available stouts and goses that they cram adjuncts into. They will tell you if you ask, but it feels dirty? To me if that makes sense.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Yeah, we've had the conversation in this thread before about how not-quite-but-kinda dishonest it is. I don't even know that I'd call them "a legit brewery" in the first place. Yeah, they make good IPAs, but so do a thousand other breweries. That doesn't make you special anymore. All they brew is those IPAs and a stout every couple months that's usually a collab with a better brewery and has coffee, vanilla and coconut. Crowlers are 2pp and sell out in a couple hours. Et cetera.

I wonder what their margin even is on the $20 crowlers of Double Blood Peach Popsicle. I wonder if they even keep track of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

:rip: r/beertrade :rip: