Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
ohonda jab

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BattleCON is p good and it also is available as a mod for Tabletop Simulator.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Posting on the devil's page :twisted:

e: Post your favorite devil

Reiley fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 20, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

Posting on the devil's page :twisted:

:woop: :woop: thats the mark of the beast

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Real hurthling! posted:

An official streetfighter table top miniatures game designed by youtubers with limited fighting game experience just came out. Its probably a total disaster

We live in the world we deserve.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

An official streetfighter table top miniatures game designed by youtubers with limited fighting game experience just came out. Its probably a total disaster

I'm gonna need more information on this so I can witness this trainwreck as it happens.

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Has anyone else been dicking around with Fightcade 2? It's been way more stable for me than FC1, but it doesn't seem to be that way for everyone.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

I'm gonna need more information on this so I can witness this trainwreck as it happens.

Its by angry joe lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO5I6vJMcNc

The models look like decent amiibo knockoffs i guess

My fav part is how hes showing it off with *pending final approval* on all the images like ycapcom, wb, and bandai have no idea hes made a dbz, mk, sf crossover game system to be sold exclusively on kickstarter

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 20, 2018

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/messhof/status/976176587430273025

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pl95oBKBlU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

wait wrong thread

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
WELCOME TO HELL(ZONE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y25ObhyxfxE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

All combo vids should look like that

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
give jho

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

canoshiz posted:

wait wrong thread

Gonna wreck that pickle

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
posting on satan page

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Anime is the devil

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
when's dabura dlc

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
my sweet satan

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

when's mr satan dlc

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

CRISPYBABY posted:

We live in the world we deserve.

I want to live in the world where the Street Fighter collection is a thing I instantly buy on day one because 3rd strike on steam sounds amazing, instead of the world where i’m worriedly asking myself how is Capcom going to ruin their fighting game this time?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't worry, it would be hard to make 3rd Strike worse :troll:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

brainSnakes posted:

I want to live in the world where the Street Fighter collection is a thing I instantly buy on day one because 3rd strike on steam sounds amazing, instead of the world where i’m worriedly asking myself how is Capcom going to ruin their fighting game this time?

Didn't they increase the speed of every game in the collection by like 20% across the board or something?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Didn't they increase the speed of every game in the collection by like 20% across the board or something?

Other way around, I think. Capcom Japan is still salty that Capcom America made their games run faster (and that the fast versions were more popular) and as a result slowed everything down.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Other way around, I think. Capcom Japan is still salty that Capcom America made their games run faster (and that the fast versions were more popular) and as a result slowed everything down.

I don't know where I got the 20% figure from but these are where I first heard about them being faster

https://twitter.com/ShinJN_/status/974011761333493760

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
That's far less likely to be an intentional design choice and more likely to be an emulation issue. So many ports to date have had speed/timing issues that it must be a significant technical challenge to get it just right.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, yeah, sorry if I implied that, I was just saying that in terms of "how could they gently caress up this time". In this case it's accidentally making everything run too fast.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
capcom always finds a way to gently caress stuff up it's incredible

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

canoshiz posted:

That's far less likely to be an intentional design choice and more likely to be an emulation issue. So many ports to date have had speed/timing issues that it must be a significant technical challenge to get it just right.

It's Frank Cifaldi's team that's working on it though, right? More likely to be an order from on high, in that case.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Faster is better. I must be dizzy faster than my eyes can see it happen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its very clear that the online will suck real bad so if they make the game too fast when delay code slows it down it will be playable

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdaztc2L2Es

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
James Chen played the collection and said the default speed settings used at the press event were fast but there was a speed that was more natural, for ST at least.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

I cant wrap my head around kof combos sometimes like it feels like normals dont go into each other as easily as supers do, which is cool but im like coming from sf trying to do a lp to an hp and its not a combo and im scratching my head. Havent played in 6 months so apologies for extra ignorance

That's because oftentimes normals don't go into each other, at least not in the way they do in SF. Street Fighter is predominantly normals linked to each other with timing requirements, then cancelled into a special/super. KoF combos are usually normal -> command normal -> special/super, in a very general sense. This requires almost no timing, and the difficulty in KoF combos are complex motions done quickly more often than not. There are chaining normals (light normals that cancel into each other, or more rarely lights chained into heavies like target combos), so you can do for example cr.B, cr.B, cr.B xx f+A xx db,f+A with Andy to get low light combo starter into command normal into special, which you can then cancel into supers.

If you're coming from SF a lot of fighting games are going to feel weird tbh. There ARE links in KoF games, but they're generally really tight links to do something impressive (like starting a usual heavy combo from a low light linked into the heavy punch, that kind of stuff) and aren't really required for the vast majority of characters who aren't named Ryo.

Then you get into the more modern and complicated stuff, where you have max mode or drive cancels depending on the game. Drive cancels were in XIII and let you cancel specials into other specials or supers at the expense of half of your drive meter, or enter HD mode which made every normal cancellable into a special at any time and also let you cancel specials into each other until a timer ran down. Max mode in XIV doesn't do any of this and is much simpler though; EX moves are only available in max mode, and a good chunk of them let you extend combos beyond what the non-ex variant would allow. This makes max mode combos a lot longer and more damaging, albeit WAY less long than HD combos from XIII.

I don't know how older games dealt with stuff. I do play some 98 and there was a max mode-esque thing in that, but it only increases damage and knockback rather than combo complexity as far as I'm aware.

Sorry for the lengthy reply. TL;DR play KoF. Preferably with me.