Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

what the gently caress, it's real

again I find myself asking this thread: why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ben Affleck: I'm a famous actor with millions of dollars

Also Ben Affleck: $150/hr? gently caress that my buddy can do it at his house

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!
Apparently he even denied getting the tattoo 2 years ago (sounds like he knows it's bad) and was now photographed with it again this week... Apparently this is also newsworthy in this country...

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Corrode posted:

Ben Affleck: I'm a famous actor with millions of dollars

Also Ben Affleck: $150/hr? gently caress that my buddy can do it at his house

Danica Patrick apparently had the same conversation. I can't even describe it, will edit in a pic when I get back to my computer.

Edit: wow, it's worse than I remembered.

Chillbro Baggins has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Mar 19, 2018

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Delivery McGee posted:

Danica Patrick apparently had the same conversation. I can't even describe it, will edit in a pic when I get back to my computer.

Edit: wow, it's worse than I remembered.

guess all those left turns cause brain damage to the drivers too, thought it was just the fans.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Celebs having the shittiest tattoos is a more consistent theory than general relativity.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

LifeSunDeath posted:

guess all those left turns cause brain damage to the drivers too, thought it was just the fans.

The brain damage happens mostly when they turn right. But yeah all the NASCAR drivers I know retired in the last couple of years -- Danica, Carl Edwards (also 35, he wants to watch his kids grow up before he goes all Muhammed Ali), Dale Jr. (can't say anything against that decision, he watched his dad stuff it into the wall), Tony Stewart, the latter two at 45 and maybe another guy nobody's heard of.

Dale Sr., Adam Petty, and that other guy caused HANS to be mandated, they ... well y'know Rock-em-Sock-em robots?

Also JFC Dale the younger and Tony Stewart are the same age. As are ... rather a lot of NASCAR drivers that were rookies back when I was real into it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
been posted a million times but still my fav nascar tattoo

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Code Jockey posted:

what the gently caress, it's real

again I find myself asking this thread: why

It looks like a huge fuckin peacock

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

BgRdMchne posted:

it doesn't work if you set up your own jokes, dude

It was to cut off a "don’t sign your posts" response. Mission successful. Ha!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Origami Dali posted:

Celebs having the shittiest tattoos is a more consistent theory than general relativity.

Normally I don’t care, but Tim Duncan’s biomech piece just makes me sad.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

been posted a million times but still my fav nascar tattoo

Ahh the good old rule of thirds. Or is it turds?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Normally I don’t care, but Tim Duncan’s biomech piece just makes me sad.

Haha holy poo poo. I hadn't seen that one before. That's another level of awful celebrity tattoo.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Origami Dali posted:

Lady Gaga is an interesting case study in this. A bunch of them are technically well done (though not all) but they're just kind of slipshod all over the loving place https://bodyartguru.com/lady-gaga-tattoos/

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

13Pandora13 posted:

Lady Gaga is an interesting case study in this. A bunch of them are technically well done (though not all) but they're just kind of slipshod all over the loving place https://bodyartguru.com/lady-gaga-tattoos/

I dunno most of them are pretty garbage. This seems like Warped Tour sleeves in body form.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

At least Ed Sheeran has a gimmick underlying his crap.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

What confuses me the most is the tribute to an extended family member she never met literally tattooed in the middle of an unrelated tattoo. That and I don't know why you would get a trumpet as a tribute to a famous singer. I don't associate Tony Bennett with a trumpet even if there's a lot of horns in the songs he sings.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Subjunctive posted:

At least Ed Sheeran has a gimmick underlying his crap.

What are his tattoos/gimmick?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Gaunab posted:

i assume our lord and savior jesus christ

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well if you can make it through this loving embarrassingly bad article maybe you can figure it out

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/ed-sheeran-has-a-lot-of-tattoos.html

Not sure but maybe they were talking about the puzzle piece thing as a gimmick? He has a bunch of other tattoos beside that though so idk.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

BgRdMchne posted:

i assume our lord and savior ed sheeran

:crossarms:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gaunab posted:

Actually, it looks like it’s only a couple of them that were done by actors and musicians rather than tattoo artists, including his “Galway Grill” one. Oops!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gaunab posted:

The gimmick is his tattoos are shite and he's a moron and its cool and ironic. It's a actually super cool that he looks like the one guy in your D&D group who smells a little and and is the sole reason why your group doesn't have female members ANY MORE, but with a heap of tattoos that look like crayon drawings

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I dunno most of them are pretty garbage. This seems like Warped Tour sleeves in body form.

:agreed:

She has Tuesday-Thursday night stripper tattoos.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Iron Crowned posted:

:agreed:

She has Tuesday-Thursday afternoon stripper tattoos.

FTFY

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

13Pandora13 posted:

Have to quote myself

Thin Privilege posted:

Nothing can top Lady Gaga's horrifying and terrible Bowie tattoo

I just can't believe how terrible it is. She's a millionaire... why? How? And she's proud of it?

E: in comparison, goon Kelly Doty's version (the eyes are supposed to be like that btw)

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Mar 20, 2018

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I knew about the tons of rich athletes with garbage tattoos, but I kind of assumed wealthy artists would at least have better taste, or have people with better taste around them. Guess not!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I would honestly put money on it being because most of the time they go to a popular\talented artist and the artist goes "Yeah I got a 6 month - 2 year list" and they say gently caress it and go somewhere shittier

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Shoehead posted:

I would honestly put money on it being because most of the time they go to a popular\talented artist and the artist goes "Yeah I got a 6 month - 2 year list" and they say gently caress it and go somewhere shittier

I figured it was someone in their crew referring them “yeah my boy mike does sick work” or “I got a guy at whatever shop” (or the irresistible free work for a celeb). Someone had to steer them to these repeated awful decisions (or so I’d like to hope).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hello I'd like a tattoo of a gear shift

No I don't drive stick why do you ask

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

upside down stick shift :psyduck:

man they're driving a fucky car

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
this just in, rich people aren't smarter and don't have better taste than everyone else

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Johnny Truant posted:

Most shifters go

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Aren't rich people used to responding to that with "ok well here's like 5-10x your normal rate, put me at the front" though? Maybe good tattoo artists aren't down with that though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

bawfuls posted:

Aren't rich people used to responding to that with "ok well here's like 5-10x your normal rate, put me at the front" though? Maybe good tattoo artists aren't down with that though.

Good tattoo artists like money like everyone else

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Johnny Truant posted:

Its not upside down, some cars have the reverse gear dog-leg like that. Look at the order of gears. That's the problem.

deong posted:

Most shifters go

Yeah, sometimes its

R135
_246

And sometimes its

246R

Especially if you don't have a 6th gear the R will often take that spot. But I've never seen gears where you go right from 1 to 2.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not upside down, some cars have the reverse gear dog-leg like that. Look at the order of gears. That's the problem.

Yeah, sometimes its

R135
_246

And sometimes its

246R

Especially if you don't have a 6th gear the R will often take that spot. But I've never seen gears where you go right from 1 to 2.

I think he meant that typically forearm tattoos are oriented as being right side up when your arm is hanging at your side, as opposed to this one being right side up when his hand is raised up so he can look at his cool new tattoo.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

nerve posted:

Good tattoo artists like money like everyone else
I kinda figured, which is why I don't think that's the issue.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Just saw that elsewhere myself and was rushing here to post. Just awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

bawfuls posted:

I kinda figured, which is why I don't think that's the issue.

I have to assume it's a "going back to my hometown and getting my tat done by someone I knew from before" for a lot of them. That's the only (poor) excuse.