Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

Reroll guy: stop rerolling yourself. Take my advice from earlier and pick up an account from some reddit nerd

My offer stands, a hundred bucks and you're set, completely legit account and clean Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I make alts for people who hate rerolling , and i have two not currently tied to any facebook. All i have them do is sit on the first island and rack up logins and pulls until they get multiple rainbow pulls. I also have them get the lowest possible rank in arena and raids as a rough way to see how many people are playing.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anyone have a reliable site that lists what enemies or locations are best for getting specific materials. I think the one I looked up was outdated or just flat out wrong.

I just need a few more Lucky Seedlings and Brilliant Rays...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

LadyPictureShow posted:

Anyone have a reliable site that lists what enemies or locations are best for getting specific materials. I think the one I looked up was outdated or just flat out wrong.

I just need a few more Lucky Seedlings and Brilliant Rays...

You can get them from Chamber of Awakening PRO, but honestly just buy them from the mog king when they roll around. They're cheap.

If you still have mog king currency from the last event I think he's still around.

EDIT: for a reference website: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cobalt60 posted:

Reroll guy: stop rerolling yourself. Take my advice from earlier and pick up an account from some reddit nerd

The only good reroll is rolling on out into another thread to play a better game run by less greedy incompetent developers.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

BGrifter posted:

The only good reroll is rolling on out into another thread to play a better game run by less greedy incompetent developers.

It's ok man. This time I'll definitely get CG Fina. Gumi wouldn't do me wrong.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AegisP posted:

110 tickets here, I feel your pessimism :ohdear:

I went over 200 pulls on Ayaka's first banner without getting a single rainbow, but now at least rainbow rates are 3% and not 1%...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I went over 200 pulls on Ayaka's first banner without getting a single rainbow, but now at least rainbow rates are 3% and not 1%...

I went somewhere in the ballpark of 500 total pulls before I got my first Zidane.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I have at minimum 500 and not one cecil. I have 2 steiners though...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

arisu posted:

You can get them from Chamber of Awakening PRO, but honestly just buy them from the mog king when they roll around. They're cheap.

If you still have mog king currency from the last event I think he's still around.

EDIT: for a reference website: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Thanks friend-o! I assumed King Mog disappeared when a ticket event was over, but no he’s still around and I had enough tickets to grab what I needed to upgrade Setzer.

And thanks for the link, farming enemies is a bullshit task quest.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea they usually stick around til the next Thursday for you to spend your currency (though I have seen them disappear as early as Tuesday before, so try not to wait too long to spend spend spend).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Tengames posted:

I make alts for people who hate rerolling , and i have two not currently tied to any facebook. All i have them do is sit on the first island and rack up logins and pulls until they get multiple rainbow pulls. I also have them get the lowest possible rank in arena and raids as a rough way to see how many people are playing.

I can’t tell if this is an open offer because I am still in the process of rerolling

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

I wanted to say that I did this twice with only 5* Crofts (no dual wield). The Chain caps at 13 so you have to fire off both attacks super fast. I used a Cupid Luna for the -40% light res.

How are you doing it? I can't get this going...

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You have to fire off the two crofts pretty fast, I used the training dummy in farplane to make sure I was getting the chain right, if you are too slow you will only get a 9 chain and you are shooting for 13. Make sure they have the same element equipped like muffin said, I used two toxic shotguns from the event. Then get the timing right on pre-firing the chain cap.

Did it once with a group of 5 and a second time with a group of six and TTerra firing an Ultima for the magic kill.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

For some reason when I restart the mission using the force-close it doesn't actually change the Fixed Dice damage, so I have to wait it out until I can use CA again before trying again. I've gotten the timing on the two Lara's down.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Trojan Kaiju posted:

For some reason when I restart the mission using the force-close it doesn't actually change the Fixed Dice damage, so I have to wait it out until I can use CA again before trying again. I've gotten the timing on the two Lara's down.

I swear gumi has changed it to fix the random seed earlier, because I've had trouble using the force close trick to get different outcomes (like esper orb drops)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a Fryevia from a ticket today.

She's still good, right? Trance Terra can use her sword for sure.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

You have to fire off the two crofts pretty fast, I used the training dummy in farplane to make sure I was getting the chain right, if you are too slow you will only get a 9 chain and you are shooting for 13. Make sure they have the same element equipped like muffin said, I used two toxic shotguns from the event. Then get the timing right on pre-firing the chain cap.

Did it once with a group of 5 and a second time with a group of six and TTerra firing an Ultima for the magic kill.

Best I was able to do was to get him to half health with an emulator doing the clicking for me. I assumed I'd survive 1 turn for another attempt. rip, I should have just restarted.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I’m new to the game as I’m sure some of you can tell from my posts but I’m just curious what people mean when they say you have to be quick at firing off two different characters attacks to make a certain amount of chain hits, I thought it was just sequential in the order you hit them and the chaining/attack they do?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I’m new to the game as I’m sure some of you can tell from my posts but I’m just curious what people mean when they say you have to be quick at firing off two different characters attacks to make a certain amount of chain hits, I thought it was just sequential in the order you hit them and the chaining/attack they do?

Each attack has an animation with different hit frames, some with a movement delay. For characters that share the same frame data, you want them to go off at nearly the same time so they don't hit twice and break the chain. As long as another unit hits before the first unit hits again, the chain is unbroken. IIRC.

Post your friend code once you've got the account you want so we can friend you.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Trojan Kaiju posted:

You can only change the RNG seed by completely switching devices. If you're in a trial boss fight, it will reset the fight.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Got a Fryevia from a ticket today.

She's still good, right? Trance Terra can use her sword for sure.

She's still solid, probably still in the top 10 chainers, and has a high chance of getting enhancements next month.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

arisu posted:

She's still solid, probably still in the top 10 chainers, and has a high chance of getting enhancements next month.

And of course, her moogles are long gone. :dance:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Easter is April 1st, if they somehow bring back the Egg Seeker event you may see a comeback!

VVVVVV Worked for me :(

EDIT2: Got curious. In the last one year and 3 weeks since I've started playing the game, I've dropped $70.45 on this dumb game. The bulk of that was for the Adamantite Chest (4,799 Amazon coins) from this summer which got me NOTHING, not the Rikku I was pulling for at the time.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 21, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hope we get the April’s Fool bundle for .99 again. It was designed to troll F2P into loosing their cherry.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

arisu posted:

I don’t even know that she’s top 10 - depends on how you rank them I suppose. But yeah she’s not bad at all. I’d probably still consider her a keeper for rerolling, for instance. And, if history is any indication, I’m expecting something pretty amazing for her enhancements. The GEs where they’re free to make them as good as they want have been really strong. Olive is extremely good and I haven’t seen many people talk about it but, honestly, Noel’s enhancements are pretty nuts. If I had his provoke and steel up while guarding, Aigaion punch did a little less than 3k damage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, Gumi has a better understanding on characters that Alim in my opinion. I made fun of needing a miracle to fix someone like Cupid Artemios kit prior to enhancements and even if it doesn't seem it at first glance he's the second strongest finisher in the game post enhancements beating out every single japanese 5* finisher right now as a 4*.

I'm hoping that they dont make Fry a finisher and if they plan to focus on her being a single wield unit they better add a form of W-Attack and more access to magic equip attack up.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I wouldn't say she's a shoe in for top 10, but she's in the running. The only chainers I'd say are easily above her right now are A2, 2B, Christine, enhanced Trance Terra, enhanced Tidus, enhanced Aileen, and enhanced Orlandeau. Maybe VoD if you're talking ease of chaining partners, but I still think she does more flat damage. Maybe Barb? There's a conversation to be had.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Six hours till maintenance.
https://timee.io/20180322T0600?d=480&tl=GL%20Maintenance

Friend point bonus summons is expiring.
Amazing enhancements is expiring.
All chambers open is expiring.
Mog Store is open one more day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/863uia/gl_maintenance_what_is_ending_and_when/

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

arisu posted:

I wouldn't say she's a shoe in for top 10, but she's in the running. The only chainers I'd say are easily above her right now are A2, 2B, Christine, enhanced Trance Terra, enhanced Tidus, enhanced Aileen, and enhanced Orlandeau. Maybe VoD if you're talking ease of chaining partners, but I still think she does more flat damage. Maybe Barb? There's a conversation to be had.

I pulled both Fry and Trance Terra this morning off a 5k pull. I only pulled because someone was complaining in discord about getting Dark Fina.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I pulled E.Aileen from a yolo 4*+ ticket.

I was ready to cry from a 6th Soliel but then

:D

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Yea I got Fry #2 off a 4* on the women’s banner.

I should say my son pulled his second Fry, because he’s pulled both of them.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So who would you guys prefer as a friend unit for general use? Trying to figure out who would be the most useful out of my lineup.

My top options are:

Onion knight, roughly 1090 Atk

Explorer Eileen, 1130 Atk

Also have cloud around 1200, and olive around 1300 but I don't have her special attack awakened yet.

For magic I've got
Blossom sage Sakura at about 920 mag

And grim lord Sakura at 998 mag.

I'm sitting on about 120 moogle points so I can whip out a trust master here or there. Thinking about getting desch earnings or something that'll boost mag.

Anyway let me know who you think will help the most and I'll slap them up there. Currently rockin exp Eileen since I think she's the best physical character I've got to the best of my knowledge

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

I would see the chain getting to 13+ and then still only do anywhere from 35% HP remaining to 67% remaining.

Very frustrating. I used WoL's arms eraser and got killed anyways....because apparently I was petrified. gently caress.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I would see the chain getting to 13+ and then still only do anywhere from 35% HP remaining to 67% remaining.

Very frustrating. I used WoL's arms eraser and got killed anyways....because apparently I was petrified. gently caress.

Were you also applying a -40% light res rebuff?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

Were you also applying a -40% light res rebuff?

I used tgc and two laras. I even had an emulator do some of the timing for me.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I can throw up my Basch for people who have dps units but can’t one-shot it or survive the onslaught of damage. WoL would probably do the trick too but Basch does a lot more self-healing and has virtually infinite mp via counters. You can even mag break to reduce the AoE fire damage. Just keep up the AoE physical cover and you’ll negate like 80% of his offense. He’s also a dodge build, so he has Alterna which you can use for the magic kill condition (start casting it, do your chain to kill the boss. Alterna landing after the boss has hit 0 hp will trigger the condition).

Most healers should be able to keep up with the group fire damage, especially if you have anyone that can give a fire resist buff.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 22, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anyone thats still rerolling should try to get it finished today because we are getting double free pulls with added all moogles for a few days. It should be a boon for people just starting out.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Unless there’s something I’m missing I’d say wait until tomorrow. CG Fina has got to be one of the best starter rainbows in a long time. Healer who can also dps/chain with a unit people are going to be chasing anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats a negatory, if you are just settling on a single rainbow on your reroll then wasting it on a healer is a bad idea. Healing doesn't end fights, only sustains them and your friend unit will be further devalued because it wont have a chain partner to act as a force multiplier.

On the altema risemara page it takes like 20 units for a healer to show up. If you can pull a good dps and lotus fina then go for it, but the odds are incredibly bad.

• Locked thread