Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Charlie Ebersol seems to have a plan, whereas Vince is literally gambling that the second time will be a charm for the XFL because he is a geriatric retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Don't forget Tom Brady's agent is also starting a league

in southern California

with four teams

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/03/01/pacific-pro-football-announces-adidas-founding-partnership/

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Everyone make a football league. They can find cool stuff, then the NFL can steal it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My league will be co-ed, and there will be a two drink minimum for players and spectators.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Snoop Dogg’s youth league should go pro.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pakled posted:

My league will be co-ed, and there will be a two drink minimum for players and spectators.

Where can I sign up for draft eligibility?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Athanatos posted:

Everyone make a football league. They can find cool stuff, then the NFL can steal it.

All the linemen wear those bouncy bubblesuits

Its called the SFL, Safe Football League

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So what are the chances the XFL even happens now, like really amazingly bad? It seemed slim before, and now they'll be left with AAF leftovers.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mel Mudkiper posted:

All the linemen wear those bouncy bubblesuits

Its called the SFL, Safe Football League

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi0EfXpBSFg

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Bill Polian lmao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I want to watch this played by actual hockey players with skates

Also, gently caress yeah, the schiano rule.

Also, also, whatever happened to that spring league that was supposed to have already started, did it mutate into the AAF starting next year?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Also, also, whatever happened to that spring league that was supposed to have already started, did it mutate into the AAF starting next year?

Major League Football (MLFB) announced in early 2016 and then said no actually 2016 is only a "development year" and then kinda disappeared

Professional Football League (PFL) announced late last year that they would be starting Spring 2018 but it's almost spring and I don't think there's been anything but a press release

I'm going to start my own football league with blackjack and hookers

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Maybe all these football leagues actually do start but it's like a highlander thing where the games are played in secret and nobody survives

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So what's the over/under of these leagues surviving more than a season?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

iospace posted:

If any of them actually materialize to the point where there's televised games I would say at least one of them gets a second season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Basically the scoring team can decide to give the ball to the offense on the 25, or try for a 4 and 10 on their own 35.

Ok I might have to give this a shot now because that sounds great.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

iospace posted:

RIP the UFL.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

I’m at a point where I can never tell if people are using over/under this way ironically or not

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Pretty soon we'll reach a point where the wrong way of using over/under becomes the correct way.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Pretty soon we'll reach a point where the wrong way of using over/under becomes the correct way.

Where you put that point, I'll take the under.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Do they have the "what is a catch" sorted out?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Still nothing about the A-11 offense being legal, still not interested.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The GDFL

-12 minute quarters
-College overtime rules, but possessions start at the 35 rather than the 25.
-All touchbacks are to the 25, including punts.
-Greg Schiano rules on kickoffs
-All PAT's are still run from the 3 whether the team is going for 1 or 2, but goal post is 40% narrower
-Extremely wide hash marks, several feet wider than college. Wide enough that short side/long side of the field has to be strongly taken into account in playcalling.
-If the offense commits a penalty that would traditionally be enforced as "half the distance to the goal", defense has the option to add penalty yardage to the yards-to-go instead. (Example: 1st and 10 from the 7 yard line, a holding penalty makes it 1st and 20 from the 7 yard line, if defense so chooses).
-Offensive fumble through opponent's endzone results in loss of down and ball being placed back at the 25, but not loss of possession.
-Leather helmets

Eight franchises are awarded to Evangelical megachurches, broadcast and streaming rights are held by TBN. Broadcasts include a lot of pre-recorded material of players sharing their testimonies, ministries they're involved in, etc. Top two teams in regular season standings meet in the "Sanctity of Life Bowl". There is no salary cap.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 28, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Referees will pray for the Lord's guidance on borderline catch calls.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do they have the "what is a catch" sorted out?

Why do you have to have this rule sorted out in a league where passing will be minimal?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hako posted:

Why do you have to have this rule sorted out in a league where passing will be minimal?

True, never thought Luck would play in this league.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.xflshop.com/

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Some real :effort: went into those products

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Yodzilla posted:

Some real :effort: went into those products

You can get the shirts in any color of grey that you want!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/999338109895507968

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I read this as "what color should our official be?"

As for the football, camo with safety orange laces, obviously

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Obviously the football should something like this

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it should have some digital pattern that spells out 'gently caress the nfl' when it's thrown with proper spin

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

boar guy posted:

it should have some digital pattern that spells out 'gently caress the nfl' when it's thrown with proper spin

Could just do it with LEDs like I've seen on bike wheels and poo poo.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Why choose between them? Have a traditional ball, a black ball, and a (other) in play!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Raku posted:

Why choose between them? Have a traditional ball, a black ball, and a (other) in play!

if the (other) is, like, neon stripes that fluoresce under blacklight, I am totally on board with this

even better if the blacklight comes on at random times throughout the game, and scoring with the neon ball during those times gives that team a score multiplier, but the other team can use the other balls to take away their opponent's points so this doesn't get too golden-snitch

players must also leap through a wall of pyro to score

I'll take my twenty-five million dollars for that little innovation in the form of a dump truck full of cash backed up to my doorstep if you please, Mr. McMahon

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

XFL iphone case ordered

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Clear

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Skwirl posted:

Obviously the football should something like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
I wish I got paid to run a twitter account for a football league that will never exist.