Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Oh boy, I hope Jim Carrey has a Politoons Thread OP profile next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Poor Nixon, betrayed by his party who cared too much about the future of their country to support him.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trogdos! posted:

Ben reaction to those Carrey cartoons came out fast.

It's fine. It's totally fine. I'm not mad. It's fine. Actually, I'm laughing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Piss tape. PISS tape.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Trogdos! posted:

Ben retweeted some guy's poster who's mad about Arnie saying bad things about fossil fuels in a speech

Nice Rat-Fink ripoff.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hell yes

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I only just noticed everyone and everything is covered in filth. What the heck.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Picnic Princess posted:

I only just noticed everyone and everything is covered in filth. What the heck.

The early stages of Ramirez syndrome. Within two years Kelley's cartoons will have the appearance of a coal mine as well.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trogdos! posted:

I love that the comic is mocking Carrey for only drawing exaggeratedly dumb faces of people he hates, implying that's poor work.
And yet Ben's comic is just Carrey making an exaggeratedly dumb face.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/975848652580249601

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That can't be real, the dog is still alive.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

played Ace Ventura for twenty+ years and dozens of movies posted:

Can we continue to rely on the remains of dead animals for food

Even if Jim Carrey's not an anti-vaxxer he's still a vegan so he's still on the same level of ignorance.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

ryonguy posted:

Even if Jim Carrey's not an anti-vaxxer he's still a vegan so he's still on the same level of ignorance.

The 7th Day Adventists laugh at your poor dietary choices.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Anti-vaxxers kill kids, vegans are just annoying and sanctimonious. You're kinda an idiot, huh?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vegans are pretty cool!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Vegans are pretty cool!

This worked I'm vegan now

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cat Mattress posted:

As I read those sentences, my vision became increasingly blurry and all I could see was :ironicat: laughing.

I was about to post exactly this.

Jay Rust posted:

Vegans are pretty cool!

I really hate the Wizard of Id style "stare at the audience in smug/confused reaction to the punchline."

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 21, 2018

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

My eyes.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I'd probably become insecure and lash out at the 90s comedian who proved that anyone can do my job to a similar quality too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jay Rust posted:

Vegans are pretty cool!

"I'm gonna make a vegan comic, using a carnivorous predator as my mouthpiece."

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Trogdos! posted:

All I could read was:

quote:

Carrey isn't that smart. I once spend hours with him discussing my political cartoons. He disagreed when I said that they were great, that "perspective" is overrated now. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He kept pointing to how they made his eyes bleed when he looked at them, which I didn't dispute

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at Goons comparing one of Monty Pythons best sketches to a mediocre Mel Brooks musical number nobody remembers.

E: And Space Balls is one of my favourite comedies ever and I love Brooks.

Lodin fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 21, 2018

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

When you yourself are a goon.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Can't wait to see the comics about this.
http://reut.rs/2FOJ4KD

quote:

Speaking through the media, officials have appealed to the bomber to reveal the motives for the attacks. They have also asked the public for any tips, offering a $115,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the culprit.

quote:

The spate of bombings in the Texas capital of Austin have no known links to terrorism, White House spokesman Sarah Sanders said on Tuesday.

I really hate this country.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

itskage posted:

When you yourself are a goon.

"im not a Goon! im not a Goon!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a mangosteen

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Payne's style has really changed.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Crain posted:

Summing all that up and getting the combined represented area we get .0052m^3. For that one $60 set.

If I did the math right, that's about twice as efficient, dollars-per-cubic-meter, as small pick-a-brick cups of 102 2x4s. (Which is actually not quite possible, it depends on how lenient the cashier is feeling that day about the lid not touching. But it's the only efficient packing number I've seen so whatever) You might be able to do slightly better with 1x2s, but that would be a huge pain to build. Online pick-a-brick is even worse, at about 1/5 the efficiency.

Of course, if you were actually ordering seven million 2x4 bricks for the prototype wall, you can probably get better pricing.

loquacius posted:

Peanut butter was invented by George Washington Carver, who was black

He's using it in a mocking sense, though, as in "oh but you can still eat peanut butter lol"

Nope. George Washington Carver did include peanut butter in his uses for peanuts, but he didn't invent it, and all that was secondary to educating farmers about rotating crops and nitrogen fixing. Peanuts just happened to be a good candidate because they have a bunch of uses.

RoboRodent posted:

North American St Patrick's Day celebrations are weird. It's a whole holiday devoted to binge drinking, a culture and history distilled into "wear green and get poo poo-faced." That's more than a little messed up.

Yeah. All it really means to me is "McDonalds will have minty shakes and the local deli does tasty corned beef and cabbage." Corned beef and cabbage isn't even Irish really, it's an Irish-American modification of Irish traditions with what was available.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Why don't kids too young to vote vote?

A good reason to reduce the voting age, really. The ability to sort through information and make a reasoned decision is fully developed by 16 in almost everyone, it's just "hot" snap decisions that aren't quite there yet. Plus, getting people to vote their first time eligible creates much more engaged citizens. (Which of course is why it won't happen, but never mind that)

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Zil posted:

That can't be real, the dog is still alive.
You sure about that...?

I mean... you click on the twitter link and it's moderated as a sensitive image.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

This did not get enough love

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lodin posted:

Lol at Goons comparing one of Monty Pythons best sketches to a mediocre Mel Brooks musical number nobody remembers.

E: And Space Balls is one of my favourite comedies ever and I love Brooks.

Spaceballs sucks, Blazing Saddles is better.

Fight me, nerd.

I still cannot believe this guy missed the fact that he went out with his aryan pure wish fulfilment character speaking Spanish.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
NM - I'm dumb

T Zero fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 21, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Keiya posted:

Nope. George Washington Carver did include peanut butter in his uses for peanuts, but he didn't invent it, and all that was secondary to educating farmers about rotating crops and nitrogen fixing. Peanuts just happened to be a good candidate because they have a bunch of uses.

Yeah, George Washington Carver was brilliant botanist and inventor who published many books and helped a lot of people in many ways, but he didn't invent peanut butter. The Aztecs beat him to it (So Peanut butter is still not a white person invention).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Producers is Brooks' best. I caught out some Pepe chud on twitter with it, they didn't recognize a quote from it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Manuel Calavera posted:

The Producers is Brooks' best. I caught out some Pepe chud on twitter with it, they didn't recognize a quote from it.

Yeah, that stage musical was great.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I just not sure what he's talking about.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Keiya posted:

We ignore Carver's research in favor of more profitable techniques that are slowly destroying all the arable soil in the country so we have to pretend he got famous for something else.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Criticizing journalists for not taking Ann Coulter seriously is like criticizing journalists for not taking the National Enquirer seriously.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

But Snowden hasn't come back to the States yet :confused:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Wasn't he fired a long time ago?

:tinsley: "I just not sure most journalists can say they "live in a question mark" anymore..."

I would like to remind everyone that this is the same guy who was criticizing Michelle Obama for getting grammar wrong (she didn't) less than a week ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016