Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm definitely going to play through Guest Star mode with basically everyone. Just did a run with Bio Spark and Ninja+Wind is a devastating combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_qnI1WrlnU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think world two should have been a little longer, and world three a little shorter (I got tired of how grim it was), but it's otherwise the pacing is really good. The reused bosses seem mostly about taking bosses that were pitched towards being really easy the first time and giving them a bit of challenge.

I was also expecting to miss the puzzles but it seemed fine without them. The puzzles that are there aren't really good as puzzles themselves, but seemed pitched more towards getting you used to control and system nuances, and serving as a break from the chaos. Star Allies is an action game before all else and I think that's a good call.

In any cause it's very cool that there's no pressure behind finding puzzle pieces. There's no "this is the reward for collecting everything here", you just find the things that are fun to fund and they fill in as you go.

I loved the last world and ending, and I'm excited to get into the post game stuff. Extremely good Kirb.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Some indie games announced today. Nothing super exciting but I'm excited to play West of Loathing and Lumines Remastered on my Switch. Hollow Knight release date will be revealed this week too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The ESP copy ability is really fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCr-JmaRWHk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Looks boring as poo poo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

it was like a million times stronger in robobot

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Squeak Squad 2

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Some indie games announced today. Nothing super exciting but I'm excited to play West of Loathing and Lumines Remastered on my Switch. Hollow Knight release date will be revealed this week too

lumines on the switch could be setting a wonderful precedent. and maybe versions of all my favorite non first party psp/vita games could come to the switch one day. gitaroo man lives on switch? stranger things have happened my friends

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah basically

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

it's a lot different than squeak squad. Instead of gathering treasure, you blast through the main storyline and 100% it on the first attempt. Then you can play the real game, which is going for time/score on guest star and arena modes as every character

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the real game is also piss easy and below the standards set by previous postgame Kirby content over the last 5+ years

Squeak Squad 2

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Kirby is very cute. thank you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the real game is also piss easy and below the standards set by previous postgame Kirby content over the last 5+ years

Squeak Squad 2

Working through the true arena with all the copy abilities I've got to disagree. It's easy with a few of them but a lot of them are really hard solo. When you can't do enough damage to completely wreck the bosses they have some really interesting patterns later on in the fight.

I will say that I am kinda disappointed the Guest Star mode doesn't have EX/2.0 versions of all the bosses like usual, though. They're kind of there in the base game with Yggy Woods, the gold and silver foxes and the generals but something was definitely missing.

It's still miles better than Squeak Squad for several reasons, but it isn't the clear improvement the 3ds Kirby games were over Return to Dreamland.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its not as completely flatline boring as rtd was but it's just like, a completely okay mostly unremarkable kirby. i'll probably end up only remembering it for making good on hd rumble, the same way i only really remember squeak squad for having that one level where you dive down thru a shipwrecked halberd

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

Kirby is very cute. thank you.

I'm gonna have to lay some hard truths on you, friend: Part-Time UFO is cuter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

its not as completely flatline boring as rtd was but it's just like, a completely okay mostly unremarkable kirby. i'll probably end up only remembering it for making good on hd rumble, the same way i only really remember squeak squad for having that one level where you dive down thru a shipwrecked halberd

That HD rumble was wild

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

every time lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Robobot is the best Kirb in a Very long time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just went back and played Triple Deluxe and Robobot and man, what I wouldn't give for an Arena remix game featuring all of the bosses, abilities and helpers from these games tied together by a character selection menu like the Star Allies arena has. I fully admit that the Triple Deluxe and Robobot arenas are better overall but letting me clear this one with all of the helpers keeps me coming back. I cleared helper to hero in Super Star Ultra with everyone and I'll do the same here.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Disturbing revelation

Only registered members can see post attachments!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Disturbing revelation

that is exactly what I expected though :confused:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Disturbing revelation

...What did you expect?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought he'd have a giant golden Johnny Bravo pompadour befitting of a king.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

...What did you expect?

I don't know

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Disturbing revelation

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

my morning jackass posted:

Yeah but it flushes the opposite way

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

:shobon:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kirby doesn't understand poo poo, food is all that interests him

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/976790642314522624

I feel like Smash Bros might come out sooner than I expected if they're doing an invitational tourney at E3. I was expecting we'd just see our first gameplay footage then and get the game at like Christmas or something but I guess they're on a faster timeline than that. Even if you're not a Smash fan it's gotta make you wonder what other crazy stuff they've cooked up for us this year..... Nintendo FTW!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No one can stop Nintendo or their dangerous babies.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/976790642314522624

I feel like Smash Bros might come out sooner than I expected if they're doing an invitational tourney at E3. I was expecting we'd just see our first gameplay footage then and get the game at like Christmas or something but I guess they're on a faster timeline than that. Even if you're not a Smash fan it's gotta make you wonder what other crazy stuff they've cooked up for us this year..... Nintendo FTW!

thats because it came out 4 years ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

thats because it came out 4 years ago

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/977279270518075392

Move over, Mario. Nintendo is cooking up some crazy new characters!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Obviously pokemon

Soral
May 30, 2009

they have the same die roll and rock paper scissors icons as the animal crossing amiibo cards

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

they have the same die roll and rock paper scissors icons as the animal crossing amiibo cards

its called added value, with just 6 official nintendo amiibo cards you can skip the stress of using your fingers on rock paper scissors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

goferchan posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/977279270518075392

Move over, Mario. Nintendo is cooking up some crazy new characters!

lol nice