Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Close enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
gently caress I might need to get that as a tat. Same pattern, too, as that matches my old Mustang.

E: lol.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 21, 2018

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ilkhan posted:

gently caress I might need to get that as a tat. Same pattern, too, as that matches my old Mustang.

Take a closer look.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ilkhan posted:

Lol no it doesn't.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You guys have weird shifters

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Brrrrrm...brrrrrrrmmm...brrrrrrrrrrm...........................................

brrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm.......brrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm..........brrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ilkhan posted:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

ilkhan posted:

Thats the car guy equivalent of the basic white girl infinity symbol on the wrist. I say do it.

Or get the firing order for the mustang there if you really want something mustang related.

Edit: looking up the firing order brought me to this dudes videos. Holy poo poo they're awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKSPLdCiCo

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 21, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress you, windows. I just wanted to watch some

GOD

drat

FORENSIC

FILES

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well maybe you should put your glasses on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Those are backup bedside glasses.

I dug this Surface 3 (non pro) out, hasn't been turned on since July. Fits perfectly wedged between my 3D printed cellphone holder and headphone holder. Figured I'd watch something in bed.

I remembered this tablet has a restart issue (doesn't restart on command, only shuts off, a restart command just stalls), which is why I got it cheap. Force restarting it at each stage fixed it, but ugh this update setup.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

God help you if it's enrolled in the insider program, you have several more major updates to go if it is. :v:

(how many pairs of headphones do you have?!)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

Brrrrrm...brrrrrrrmmm...brrrrrrrrrrm...........................................

brrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm.......brrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm..........brrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

I get this

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
6, not including earbuds or the amplified shooting ones (don't shoot, from army time and used for yardwork and tools mostly). I'm a headphone dude. None of them are over $150 in value, but I enjoy having options.

Thankfully this one isn't enrolled in the insider program. My play desktop (account) is and holy poo poo Microsoft calm down.

I also get crippling headaches if things press just wrong on my temples, so I've gone through a fair number of headphones testing them out and returning ones that don't fit or hit that area. Same with glasses/sunglasses. My favorite headphones right now, for fit and sound quality, are some $35 around-the-ear jobbies (Superlux) from Amazon.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 21, 2018

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

gently caress you, windows. I just wanted to watch some

GOD

drat

FORENSIC

FILES

Man I just watched an episode of Forensic Files and that is a classic 90s "do something else while the narrator is scary" TV show. Good stuff.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Remember Ryan White, the famous kid with AIDS? We moved to central Indiana at the same time as his family. My new school thought I was him and put out a memo to all teachers (without doing any research as he was several years older than me). Thus began three solid years of extreme bullying. I was taunted with chants of AIDS-BOY and brutalized. I can't even remember the number of times I went home bloody. It never stopped, not until we moved away. The school did nothing and we were unable to find a lawyer who thought we could effectively sue over the memo.

So yeah, you'd think I'd have gotten my hands on some guns at some point right?

Jesus dude. loving savages. :catstare:

I'm amazed that you're as well adjusted as you are, and glad that life is looking up for you despite being arbitrarily a dick to you sometimes.

Wrar posted:

Thule and Yamika are both good. What car are we talking about? If it flew off of the roof from one of those two brands it's almost assuredly loving Idiots Doing Things.

This. I had a Yakima on the roof of my Cherokee for ~10k miles, and it never gave me a minute of trouble. I'd still have it, but there's nothing on the Vic to stick it to, so it lives on my sister's Versa now.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 21, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Odd question, does anyone have a newspapers.com account or know how to get access to archives? Because thinking about my childhood made me remember that I was in the newspaper twice because of my name and I found both articles but it's behind a paywall.

Edit: Ha! I am a genius!

So I know some people are probably calling bullshit on my story so here's some trauma inducing memories

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 21, 2018

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Whoa.

I got my name in the paper a couple times. Once for getting lost in the woods when I was 12, and once for winning a gold medal for some science thing in 6th grade.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Kids are dicks

Just online ordered 3 different sized tyres with mounting and balancing from a chain tyre place (I’m gonna rock up with 2 loose wheels in the back)

I’m not sure what the likelihood of what I ordered correctly turning up is and if it does how much they are gonna bitch about fitting 1 tyre on my car (its going with an existing matching tyre with about 6mm tread left)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Tomarse posted:

Just online ordered 3 different sized tyres with mounting and balancing from a chain tyre place (I’m gonna rock up with 2 loose wheels in the back)

What do the other 2 go on?

I once had a dream of owning a Honda 90 motorcycle with low gearing and the front hub laced up about an inch off center. And the rear hub about an inch and three quarters off center.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Depends on the chain and to the same extent, that particular store. I use Malvern Tyres mainly, they've never minded awkward requests but then I never turn up at peak times.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Larrymer posted:

Hilarious bad game LPs by some goons. I recommend, but haven't seen them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP9xo3LzRMA&t=1s

I got Thule aeroblades and the boring stuff that goes with should be here before trip

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Kids are dicks
Yup. It took me far too long to learn how to deal with bullies.

Tomarse posted:

I’m not sure what the likelihood of what I ordered correctly turning up is and if it does how much they are gonna bitch about fitting 1 tyre on my car (its going with an existing matching tyre with about 6mm tread left)
I use my local chain tyre place. They're fine with it, and I explicity don't care whether the cash I give them ends up in the beer fund or not.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's an amazing coincidence, Rhyno, my name IRL is Zachary "Zack" Morris and girls were constantly swarming me at the mall and poo poo. Horrible!

lmao at your plight, no offense, it probably sucked at the time but you have to admit it's a pretty good story to tell now. How is it you only manage to find the worst midwestern states to live in, though? South Dakota is possibly even worse than Indiana!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dee eight posted:

Whoa.

I got my name in the paper a couple times. Once for getting lost in the woods when I was 12, and once for winning a gold medal for some science thing in 6th grade.

I've been on the front page of Denmark's biggest financial paper. Three times, no less. With the same picture, in which I'm standing with one hand in my pocket, looking at nothing on my cellphone.

Yeah, I dunno either.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Are you on a stock photo somewhere as "bystander"? :v:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, I'm not the primary subject, but the picture was specifically about the department I was in at the time.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

A kid was a dick to me one time in secondary school, this was when I was 12, 6ft, playing rugby as a front row prop and could grow facial hair. Apparently this was a subject of ridicule right up until I broke the kids nose and jaw. That is my story.

P.S. that was the mid 90s so I doubt kids can get away with it these days. The P.E teacher who saw everything denied I hit the kid saying he fell because A) I was his star rugby player and B) he thought the kid deserved it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BigPaddy posted:

when I was 12, 6ft

The gently caress did you eat as a kid

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Other kids, apparently

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Take a closer look.
Oh gently caress. That's what I get for only looking at the reverse location.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Larrymer posted:

The gently caress did you eat as a kid

Whole side of my mother's family is like that. We all went as an extended family on holiday one time and the elevator could only take 3 of us at a time since hey big irish dudes.

Tide posted:

Other kids, apparently

Only ones who made fun of me being 6ft

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

Whole side of my mother's family is like that. We all went as an extended family on holiday one time and the elevator could only take 3 of us at a time since hey big irish dudes.

Only ones who made fun of me being 6ft

so are you 9ft tall now or

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno....dude. That is horrible. Kids can be the worst and I am doing everything in my power to make sure my kids are not buttheads. My parents did a pretty good job with me and while I look back on my childhood I was never necessarily mean to other kids I know that I could have been more inclusive and nice to more of my peers. That is easily one of my biggest regrets of my childhood.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My kid being bullied or ostracized is one of my biggest fears. He's a tough kid, takes no poo poo from anyone, but is genuinely a warm and loving person. But he's not a 'cool kid', doesn't run with the cool kids club. More of a solo kid that kind of floats around. He seems content with who he is; a happy kid. Not pushing any sports on him except golf (because he's actually really freaking good at it) and lacrosse. He enjoys cross country track. We do a lot of hobbies together (hunting, fishing, kayaking, skiing/snowboard, camping, wrenching on a car, teaching him basic skills to do around the house).

I get a lot of positive feedback from teachers and parents, so I figure I'm not messing him up too bad. I figure if the worst battle I have to fight with him right now is him wanting to stop getting a haircut after Christmas so he can let his hair grow longer for the summer, or wearing snow boots in summer, I'm doing ok. Apparently a kid on a TV show he likes has longer hair so whatever. Be a hippy.

As long as he is happy with who he is, so am I.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Please for the love of cthulu teach your children to cook.

The amount of adults I know that can't cook beyond a box is depressing. Especially men.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BigPaddy posted:

A kid was a dick to me one time in secondary school, this was when I was 12, 6ft, playing rugby as a front row prop and could grow facial hair. Apparently this was a subject of ridicule right up until I broke the kids nose and jaw. That is my story.

Jesus I wish I would have been that big to take on my bullies, that kid must have had huge balls for a minute at least :v:

A buddy of mine in middle school could grow a full thick beard, we called him the Bearded Child. He didn't mind friends ribbing him, but anyone else and he got pissed. I couldn't imagine having to shave every morning at 13 years old lol.

My stories of getting bullied were almost always 2 or more ganging up on me so I never really had a chance at defending myself. Other times I got into fights was because of my mouth and that was my own dumbass fault.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

You sound like a dad involved that both listens and cares and teaches. You are doing better than most. My dad had a messed up childhood (glossing over it, but it is a long story) and he and I had our differences but as I have gotten older and learned more about his childhood I am EXTREMELY fortunate that he was able to break would could have been an extremely messed up cycle. He dragged me along to always do stuff like watch him change oil and brakes and car stuff and house stuff. Then I became a teenager and could autonomously do that myself. I took care of my HS girlfriends car as well which was really impressive to her parents. The best story was when we were going to her graduation (she was a year younger than me) we were driving to the event center and on the freeway we had a tire blowout. Her parents were running late behind us. I pull the car over on the side of the freeway. She called her parents a little frantic. Her parents tried rushing to get to us but were stuck in traffic. I had the dummy donut on the car and back on the road in less than 15 minutes and were still at the graduation before her parents. They thought I was basically a super hero at that point.

iwentdoodie posted:

The amount of adults I know that can't cook beyond a box is depressing. Especially men.

I taught my wife how to cook when we first were married :v: and all about safe food handling techniques. It was thanks to occupational foods I took in HS which was the best class ever. She quickly caught up to me and after she retired when we had our first kid she has become an incredible cook. She can outdo me in both flavors, technique, and speed. :iia:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It was thanks to occupational foods I took in HS which was the best class ever.

I had a food course in junior high that introduced meats to us by playing a 20/20 dramatic re-enactment of the Jack In The Box food poisoning death spree in California.

It's taken a long time for me to get over my complete fear of food poisoning everyone around me by even looking at raw meat sideways. Now I can (sort of) cook!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Cooking is stupidly easy to learn and you can go however far with it that you want. You don't need to be an Iron Chef but being able to make something like a chicken dinner from scratch is basic poo poo. Chopping and cleanup never ends though...

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 21, 2018

• Locked thread