Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

DoctorWhat posted:

Jobby the Hong has a long list of alt-right videos in his "liked" list.
This seriously surprises me tbh, he'd be poo poo-on for being "too brown" by that crowd. :stare:
Please tell me MMPRtoys is ok.

Edit: amazing start to a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

How do you cite RCR and not link the Miata review

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CrazyLittle posted:

How do you cite RCR and not link the Miata review

the Miata review, the PT Cruiser review and the AE86 Sprinter Trueno review are the go-to starter videos for RCR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp1kuo6xkbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxqtnI4I4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNF5sic8WHo

the Trueno video being my personal favorite

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Zedd posted:

This seriously surprises me tbh, he'd be poo poo-on for being "too brown" by that crowd. :stare:
Please tell me MMPRtoys is ok.

Edit: amazing start to a page.

The alt right loving loves impressionable lonely brown kids because they're perfect for calling up whenever someone points out how incredibly racist the movement is and also easy to manipulate via social pressure.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CelticPredator posted:

I want a toy reviewer who is chill as poo poo and doesn’t scream or act like a man child.
There was a guy in CA years ago that used to do action figure reviews, Vangleus was his name I think?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Vangelus doesn't do reviews often and kind of has the same self-mockery schtick as jobby, but he actually watches and loves Kamen Rider and makes the references to their series when reviewing the figures. One of the things that got me into Kamen Rider.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

CelticPredator posted:

I want a toy reviewer who is chill as poo poo and doesn’t scream or act like a man child.

It's only a subset of toy, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW7uyD0hfqg

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

your dinosaurs are wrong is great in part because the toys are just a vehicle for dinosaur facts

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The hits keep coming:

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/976299641162448896

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

your dinosaurs are wrong is great in part because the toys are just a vehicle for dinosaur facts

Yeah, that was a bit of a trick but YDAW is real good so I don't care :colbert:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DoctorWhat posted:

Carlgon of loving Akkad.

Please refer to Marxus of Boobus by his proper name.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Senerio posted:

Please refer to Marxus of Boobus by his proper name.

That-Guy-Who-Laughed-At-A-Graphic-Description-Of-Sexual-Assault

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I will say that on the balance Jobby probably isn't a terrible person and he's probably realized at this point that alt-right talking points are, at the very least, a bad look and avoids bringing political poo poo up on his channel.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

This isn't even a case where someone actively brings up political poo poo in his videos at times and turns people off because of it a la Gggmanlives - that's fair enough. It's a case of literally the first thing DoctorWhat thinking on the guy being brought up is "I'm gonna go to his liked videos to see if there's anything I can bring up here". Doesn't matter that from what can be seen he doesn't talk about anything like this either on his channel, or on any social media - a freaking like on a video is enough to be considered "buddy buddy" or whatever the poo poo.

This is exactly the creepiness that people are talking about. It's not reasonable, it's becoming a witch hunt and if there's one thing the new thread needs, it's a rule against doing poo poo like it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Or, and hear me out here, we don't acknowledge, support, or encourage people who support regressive bullshit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm pretty sure "liking" something means you agree with it to some kind of extent.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm pretty sure "liking" something means you agree with it to some kind of extent.

So what? If it doesn't come up on his channel ever, if he doesn't talk about it in public, then so what?

You have no context for anything at all except a like. No way of measuring what his level of support is or even if there is any because you don't have even any knowledge of the reason why there's a like. Just a thumbs up. Is that really enough evidence to accuse anyone of anything at all?

EDIT: To stretch this out further, what's happening here isn't "punching Richard Spencer". It's punching someone who's looking at Richard Spencer.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 21, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Can we ban the hand wringing about people not liking someone based of what they say or do.

It gets really tedious reading pages of this is a witch hunt or this is creepy every time some one vaguely mentions something they think is bad.

Or alternatively go the complete opposite way and just ban any negativity at all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kim Justice posted:

So what? If it doesn't come up on his channel ever, if he doesn't talk about it in public, then so what?

You have no context for anything at all except a like. No way of measuring what his level of support is or even if there is any because you don't have even any knowledge of the reason why there's a like. Just a thumbs up. Is that really enough evidence to accuse anyone of anything at all?

Lol evidence see this is the exact bullshit I was talking about.

Got to have an airtight legal case before saying some random internet jerk is bad.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol evidence see this is the exact bullshit I was talking about.

Got to have an airtight legal case before saying some random internet jerk is bad.

Yeah lord forbid we actually have to justify our accusations

Also lord forbid that if there's no evidence for something beyond freaking YouTube likes and they are not openly political in any way we let them have their beliefs (that we don't know) because they're not harming anyone and we live in a Democracy.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 21, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

So people can be as horrible shitlords as they like so long as it isn't something you directly see in the main content they produce right here right now? That's awfully convenient.

It's like saying "well, sure, Mueller had a hand in plunging us into a foreverwar that killed thousands but he's against Trump right now so he's great!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Yeah lord forbid we actually have to justify our accusations

Also lord forbid that if there's no evidence for something beyond freaking YouTube likes and they are not openly political in any way we let them have their beliefs (that we don't know) because they're not harming anyone and we live in a Democracy.

Lol.

Witch hunts free speech need tons of evidence, it’s the shithead trifecta.

No you don’t need evidence especially when you have someone arbitrarily dismissing poo poo because they don’t personally find it convincing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So people can be as horrible shitlords as they like so long as it isn't something you directly see in the main content they produce right here right now? That's awfully convenient.

It's like saying "well, sure, Mueller had a hand in plunging us into a foreverwar that killed thousands but he's against Trump right now so he's great!"

If you like YouTube videos, you might as well be killing people.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

How is it even remotely like that lol. Mueller is a political figure. Random YouTube Toy Reviewer is not. And he is allowed to believe whatever the hell he wishes as long as he's not harming anyone. Not that you or I know anything about what he believes because trying to parlay whatever his level of belief in something is from a few likes (half of which were making memes out of these figures, I might add) is actually madness.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

How is it even remotely like that lol. Mueller is a political figure. Random YouTube Toy Reviewer is not. And he is allowed to believe whatever the hell he wishes as long as he's not harming anyone. Not that you or I know anything about what he believes because trying to parlay whatever his level of belief in something is from a few likes (half of which were making memes out of these figures, I might add) is actually madness.

Who is saying he isn’t allowed to believe in poo poo.

Who said that. Because I don’t see anyone saying he should be arrested.

You are literally making a free speech argument.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ah yes, the alt right, the people well known for their beliefs never harming anyone.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Ah yes, the alt right, the people well known for their beliefs never harming anyone.

Even if they were harmless that doesn’t entitle them to your views like you owe them, that’s insane. You are entitled to watch whatever you want for whatever reason you see fit.

Also a common Right wing argument.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

...Do you just not read my posts so you can continue on with this complete and utter projection of calling a Random YouTube Toy Reviewer an alt-righter for unfounded unjustifable reasons that wouldn't stand up anywhere?

Charles: This is the problem. Right here.

*prayers for the new thread*

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 21, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Charles: This is the problem. Right here.

Yep, we agree here.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad we've established the ideological fallibility of Jobby the Hutt, the guy who... reviews toys online?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Even if they were harmless that doesn’t entitle them to your views like you owe them, that’s insane. You are entitled to watch whatever you want for whatever reason you see fit.

Also a common Right wing argument.

You seem to think I'm not on your side on this one.

As far as I'm concerned, someone being big into alt right content is enough of a red flag to stop watching their stuff.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You seem to think I'm not on your side on this one.

As far as I'm concerned, someone being big into alt right content is enough of a red flag to stop watching their stuff.

I was more expanding on how dumb that point is, it’s just insane.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CharlestheHammer posted:

I was more expanding on how dumb that point is, it’s just insane.

hmm, it's insane to dislike white supremacists, hmm yes

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

When BOTL is coming off like the most reasonable person in the whole room, that's when you know things have got ridiculous.

In the end neither of you know a drat thing about this guy and are projecting to hell and back. Everything else is just bullshit.

ED: And before either of you pipe up with "WELL YOU DON'T KNOW EITHER"...exactly. That was my point.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I always thought Jobby was a bit too praiseful of the SS Joe and the Volksformers lines. In retrospect his loyalties were obvious.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hmm, it's insane to dislike white supremacists, hmm yes

No but you see if you dislike people who are okay with, or even worse, tacitly support a group of people who call for your destruction, death or deportation that's just you engaging in a circle-jerk hugbox and you should be less sensitive

If you're friends with Sargon you're a garbage person, because he's a garbage person who has enabled a generation of regressive idiots who think being purposely offensive is the hill to die on for free speech, not even getting into the fact he's a good introduction to the alt-right. The only situation/circumstance in which it might be acceptable is if you're actively trying to get him away from those beliefs/spreading those beliefs and i see no evidence for that so far from any of his friends

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Ffs Kim some people want to know if they are actively supporting a tool and they can take whatever information they get in here and figure it out for themselves. It's fine to say that we have to watch out with blowing things up and making false accusations but goddamn. In this thread you yourself have rightfully called people out for flinging around unsubstantiated accusations of people being pedophiles and a lot less. But then Dan gets rightfully angry that people were talking about watching someones videos without informing that this person is trash that makes unsubstantiated accusations of pedophilia all the time and you proceeded to get pissy and confused that you should maybe have informed people that, hey this person is personally hot garbage. This dude literally uses his platform to harass people. If that is not the time to inform people about the persons dumb opinions and actions when is?
I get that it's personal and especially frustrating for you because you're a creator and get a lot of poo poo for every tiny perceived thought people read into what you put out there.

Someone says that this person has liked a couple of alt right videos. I'm not interested in them or their videos because the subject is not my thing, but if I did I would appreciate a heads up so I could go and check for myself if I wanted to keep supporting that person. I would rather forego blissfully enjoying content by shitheads than be uncomfortable in hindsight. Sometimes what you perceive as tiny things or nothing at all are red flags to me so maybe it's just a difference en perception? I can't separate the art from the artist and that's just how it is for me.

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 21, 2018

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

A grown man who collects toys acting like a man child, you say..

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Why must thus thread crucify those with different opinions hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Keep driving the nails in hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

somekindofguy posted:

Why must thus thread crucify those with different opinions hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Keep driving the nails in hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why is criticism now considered "crucifixion"? If we point out someone has messed up views on <insert group/topic here> does that make us harrassers?

People have pointed out chipmans messed up opinions on eugenics but I have yet to see a single poster cry about him being "crucified"

If you are a public figure on the intenet you are going to be criticised

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 21, 2018

• Locked thread