Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I think it was Sandwich Anarchist who posted a meme of this with the tagline "When you need the tears of exactly 4 children" and I :lol:ed a lot.

Well, that's my story, thanks for listening.

I'm obviously missing something about this photo. The only thing I noticed is that that's a volumetric flask, which is for pouring things into not out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Glance at your avatar, then try again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is it a picture of the crown princess of the US? They're allowed to do things nowadays.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Glance at your avatar, then try again.

I have avatars off so

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TotalLossBrain posted:

lol that's awesome. Guy I met was Bill Anders. He flew on Apollo 8 with Frank Bormann and Jim Lovell. That was the first time Lovell got close to the moon without landing.
He's got a place near where I took those pictures and is a regular at that airport. That day he was helping kids in and out of a Czech jet trainer from the Cold War. I gabbed with him while he frantically tried to prevent kids (ok, MY kid) from pushing buttons inside the cockpit.

You went with your mom?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Double Punctuation posted:

Get Out Of Hell Free is $5.

I like Paul Newman much as next guy but I think they're overstating quality of the jerky

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I hope that thing pours with a 1:1 ratio

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Milo and POTUS posted:

I like Paul Newman much as next guy but I think they're overstating quality of the jerky

It looks like they're dog treats anyway.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm obviously missing something about this photo. The only thing I noticed is that that's a volumetric flask, which is for pouring things into not out of.

It's funny because a woman is doing science, obviously

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It looks like it's got valves on each to set the flow rate, so I don't see why it couldn't.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

swordfish duelist posted:

It looks like they're dog treats anyway.

All dogs go to heaven so save your $5

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A_Account posted:

I hope that thing pours with a 1:1 ratio

I hope that they made holes in the bottoms of the bottles so it flows properly.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I also hope those pipes are clean.

You
Oct 6, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

It's funny because a woman is doing science, obviously
Ivanka visiting a lab - Good
Ivanka in a labcoat doing fake science - Bad
Ivanka visiting the pope - Good
Ivanka in a silly hat - Bad
Ivanka meeting influential people - Good
Ivanka pretending to save the nation with a calculator - Bad

It's almost a non-signaling picture. There's nothing indicating any sort of interest in the issue, just that she wanted to look like a scientist one day. A bad photoshoot, basically.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I would say there are enough pretty solid indicators of the Trumps not understanding the scientific method and being distrustful or contemptuous of scientific institutions in general, so it's not just an underwhelming photoshoot in poor taste, the thematic choice is likely also a conscious attempt to co-opt and/or subvert public faith in the scientific method and further reduce it to a populist's parlour trick - i.e. "science can say whatever we need it to, just watch".

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Hyperlynx posted:

It looks like it's got valves on each to set the flow rate, so I don't see why it couldn't.

Who What Now posted:

I hope that they made holes in the bottoms of the bottles so it flows properly.

The Jack would need to be vented. The Coke (I assume) is under pressure, so venting is not a problem there. I do think, though, that the turbulence created passing through all the valves would cause the Coke to foam excessively. So you'd end up with a Jack and Coke foam.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, alcoholic nerds.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Not sure if I should feel bad that I don't recognize Ivanka Trump.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh hey it’s my ex.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Hra Mormo posted:

I just thought it was Guy was posting a random boring image until somebody actually said who it was, so you're not alone there at least.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hra Mormo posted:

yeah you should probably recognize the First Lady of the United States

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah you should probably recognize the First Lady of the United States

because?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I love that nobody got Guy's joke

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This thread is hard to keep up with so apologies if repost

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Screaming Idiot posted:

I love that nobody got Guy's joke

what joke?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The post is only 10 minutes old, it's a bit early to say "nobody got the joke"

Unless there's another joke about the image itself

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

spookygonk has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Mar 21, 2018

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Who What Now posted:

I also hope those pipes are clean.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Aaaaaand the truth comes out.

Content:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Man the live-action version of Enigma at Amigara Fault really hosed up the ending.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What is that? Some sort of Cabin Man?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Trump's open and vocal about wanting to gently caress her and considering her much more important than his actual wife, which White House staff have confirmed - Ivanka's one of Trump's closest advisors, Melania barely lives in the White House, has a separate bedroom, and hardly ever sees him.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Better: She was measuring the amount of nicotine in vape juice.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

"A couple drops of this sedative in daddy's Diet Coke will keep him from molesting me at night."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o8gc14ZCKU1r3uvu0_480.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I gotta say, bell-end is a great insult and I wish it would catch on in the US. Just sounds so much nicer and more dignified than calling someone a dickhead.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

I gotta say, bell-end is a great insult and I wish it would catch on in the US. Just sounds so much nicer and more dignified than calling someone a dickhead.

You may be confused about the purpose of insults.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Man the live-action version of Enigma at Amigara Fault really hosed up the ending.

I made you a lovely gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You
Oct 6, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

You may be confused about the purpose of insults.

Stop being such a Sexypants McFirestarter.