Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

Ffs Kim some people want to know if they are actively supporting a tool and they can take whatever information they get in here and figure it out for themselves. It's fine to say that we have to watch out with blowing things up and making false accusations but goddamn. In this thread you yourself have rightfully called people out for flinging around unsubstantiated accusations of people being pedophiles and a lot less. But then Dan gets rightfully angry that people were talking about watching someones videos without informing that this person is trash that makes unsubstantiated accusations of pedophilia all the time and you proceeded to get pissy and confused that you should maybe have informed people that, hey this person is personally hot garbage. This dude literally uses his platform to harass people. If that is not the time to inform people about the persons dumb opinions and actions when is?
I get that it's personal and especially frustrating for you because you're a creator and get a lot of poo poo for every tiny perceived thought people read into what you put out there.

Someone says that this person has liked a couple of alt right videos. I'm not interested in them or their videos because the subject is not my thing, but if I did I would appreciate a heads up so I could go and check for myself if I wanted to keep supporting that person. I would rather forego blissfully enjoying content by shitheads than be uncomfortable in hindsight. Sometimes what you perceive as tiny things or nothing at all are red flags to me so maybe it's just a difference en perception? I can't separate the art from the artist and that's just how it is for me.

Dan screamed at me for half a drat page because I didn't include information from four years ago that wasn't relevant to the subject at hand - we were talking about TGWTG and not GamerGate (not that anyone follows it but there is a rule on discussing GG in the OP...). I mean, I thought the fact that the guy made a multi-part series on TGWTG's producers which I described as mostly unsubstantiated rumours/theories/bollocks (instead of concentrating on the real issues with the site which people like Lupa, Lordkat, MarzGurl and many others have talked about for a long time) would be enough for people to make their minds up on Mr Metokur and what he does. What Dan did was neither rightful or at all reasonable in my view, sorry.

Thing is so much of it is projection. The man liked a couple of videos by Sargon, yes. There's a good few Jordan Peterson's in there (tho he's just a stuffy old conservative who I kinda think of as like, the new Ron Paul)...tbh I didn't see anyone else, nor did I see someone I'd consider a red flag like I dunno, Millennial Woes or Stefan Molyneux or Lauren Southern. And then he's described as being "friends" or "buddy buddy" with Sargon?...what? Since when did liking someone's videos = being friends with them? That's just way too illogical and ridiculous for me to take. I also saw some content that was more mocking of these figures, memes and the like. There wasn't enough there to say anything at all. But the point is we don't even get a chance to talk about what the guy's videos are before someone who's first instinct is to audit them without any cause comes in, and essentially the person is tried and deemed persona non grata from then on. And really, for what?

If the guy had said something outwardly abrasive and then people start digging and finding bad poo poo? I do understand that. But people in this thread are auditing folk without any real cause to do so and as mentioned, it's creepy. And yeah, it is personal because this is my job and I don't like feeling as though I'm under threat of my own personal witch hunt. It's like walking on eggshells.

And that's why I think there should be a rule against doing that without cause in this thread, especially seeing as it just causes an argument every time. Not that I'm gonna apologise for biting against that because as a creator I think it's wrong.

EDIT: to tl;dr it all...can we not just wait for someone to gently caress up before we go ahead and set the dogs on them?

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I didn't "go looking for dirt" on Mister the Hong, I was warned by friends about Jobby several weeks ago.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i fail to see how choosing to not watch someone's videos is attacking them

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kim Justice for the record, I think you are worse than BoTL when you really get going. Like now.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Kim Justice for the record, I think you are worse than BoTL when you really get going. Like now.

Lmao, whatever. At least I actively contribute mostly good to the thread and have the bollocks to stand up to it's sociopathic inquisitors. It's not like they wouldn't be loving up the thread time and again if I wasn't here, y'know.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Kim Justice posted:

Lmao, whatever. At least I actively contribute mostly good to the thread and have the bollocks to stand up to it's sociopathic inquisitors. It's not like they wouldn't be loving up the thread time and again if I wasn't here, y'know.

Ehhh...

Serf
May 5, 2011

not the poster we need, but the one we deserve

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Sociopathic inquisitors? When I stand up for my marginalized friends who are also members of the Transformers fandom against poo poo-stirrers and dog-whistlers like Jobby, that makes me a sociopathic inquisitor?

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
The Internet Critic Discussion Thread 4.0: 0 days since a KJ derail

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

Dan screamed at me for half a drat page because I didn't include information from four years ago that wasn't relevant to the subject at hand - we were talking about TGWTG and not GamerGate (not that anyone follows it but there is a rule on discussing GG in the OP...). I mean, I thought the fact that the guy made a multi-part series on TGWTG's producers which I described as mostly unsubstantiated rumours/theories/bollocks (instead of concentrating on the real issues with the site which people like Lupa, Lordkat, MarzGurl and many others have talked about for a long time) would be enough for people to make their minds up on Mr Metokur and what he does. What Dan did was neither rightful or at all reasonable in my view, sorry.

Thing is so much of it is projection. The man liked a couple of videos by Sargon, yes. There's a good few Jordan Peterson's in there (tho he's just a stuffy old conservative who I kinda think of as like, the new Ron Paul)...tbh I didn't see anyone else, nor did I see someone I'd consider a red flag like I dunno, Millennial Woes or Stefan Molyneux or Lauren Southern. And then he's described as being "friends" or "buddy buddy" with Sargon?...what? Since when did liking someone's videos = being friends with them? That's just way too illogical and ridiculous for me to take. I also saw some content that was more mocking of these figures, memes and the like. There wasn't enough there to say anything at all. But the point is we don't even get a chance to talk about what the guy's videos are before someone who's first instinct is to audit them without any cause comes in, and essentially the person is tried and deemed persona non grata from then on. And really, for what?

If the guy had said something outwardly abrasive and then people start digging and finding bad poo poo? I do understand that. But people in this thread are auditing folk without any real cause to do so and as mentioned, it's creepy. And yeah, it is personal because this is my job and I don't like feeling as though I'm under threat of my own personal witch hunt. It's like walking on eggshells.

And that's why I think there should be a rule against doing that without cause in this thread, especially seeing as it just causes an argument every time. Not that I'm gonna apologise for biting against that because as a creator I think it's wrong.

EDIT: to tl;dr it all...can we not just wait for someone to gently caress up before we go ahead and set the dogs on them?

My thing is that it seems like you expect people to consume content the way you do. Do I think that it's a bit over the top to say that he is all "buddy buddy" with Sargon because he liked some of his videos? For sure but I wouldn't be comfortable with watching him after that either. You have a different threshold for how awful someone has to be to not watch their videos. Fine but if I see a red flag, especially if that flag is liking a person who "lowkey" tries to make the thought that people like me and my family are somehow ruining civilized western society rational, I want someone to loving wave that flag.
I think Dan was justified in getting peeved with you for not seeing the need to mention that this guy and his fanbase accuse people of being pedophiles when you got really angry about that happening in this thread where basically everyone called it out. From what I've gandered he himself has been on the receiving end of just that but you suddenly have no sympathy or fight for him? Why is it so much more important to yell at a tiny dumb thread for doing it than mentioning it when someone actively goes out and incites that behavior from a buttload of people? Do we all have to be content creators (not Dan though) for you to be okay with anything?
Ps your obvious gripe with Dan is really weird girl.

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 21, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
'Sfrom a few pages back, but whatever.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I love that if your only exposure to Everyman Hybrid is Night Mind, then you walk away thinking that it's some beautiful masterpiece of the Internet age. His love of ambitious cheap horror is really infectious.

I'm still not sure if I'm glad or not that EMH just sorta like died. Nick absolutely made it look like this insane and great combination of so many potentially interesting creepypasta concepts. Some of his theories in those videos were, uh, some of the most ludicrous and out there things he's probably ever said (and I'm including the weird sidebar in This House Has People In It about horse apples in that), but at least it was entertainingly weird.

Yeah, his standards aren't the best but at least he'll still poke fun at stuff that's genuinely bad and can make most things seem better than they are. Sometimes there's weird cracks, but you can definitely tell that he's having fun and legitimately enjoys himself.

I've tried watching some of Nyx's videos, but something about it just didn't click with me. Bit of a shame too, since I liked her very infrequent collaborations she's done with Nick.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i also appreciate getting a heads up that someone supports terrible shitbags. also calling jordan peterson 'just a stuffy old conservative like ron paul' is vastly shortselling how bad both he and ron paul are.

kim, i really do not get your impulsive need to defend people who support terrible shitbags and your continuing to do so has been a major contributing factor to me not really watching your channel anymore. i like your content but your constant need to do this greatly impacts my ability to desire watching any of it. because you see, people actually do care about content creators beyond just the content they make, just because you do not doesn't mean others don't.

it isn't about going on a witch hunt; it isn't about accusing people of things for the hell of it; it isn't about wanting to be more right than others. it's about not supporting people who are ok with a movement that actively harms people in my life.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Oh my god I didn't say that they weren't bad, for christ.

My point always was in this instance that there's just not enough there to make an immediate snap judgement on this person, that is all.

Sarcopenia posted:

My thing is that it seems like you expect people to consume content the way you do. Do I think that it's a bit over the top to say that he is all "buddy buddy" with Sargon because he liked some of his videos? For sure but I wouldn't be comfortable with watching him after that either. You have a different threshold for how awful someone has to be to not watch their videos. Fine but if I see a red flag, especially if that flag is liking a person who "lowkey" tries to make the thought that people like me and my family are somehow ruining civilized western society rational, I want someone to loving wave that flag.
I think Dan was justified in getting peeved with you for not seeing the need to mention that this guy and his fanbase accuse people of being pedophiles when you got really angry about that happening in this thread where basically everyone called it out. From what I've gandered he himself has been on the receiving end of just that but you suddenly have no sympathy or fight for him? Why is it so much more important to yell at a tiny dumb thread for doing it than mentioning it when someone actively goes out and incites that behavior from a buttload of people? Do we all have to be content creators (not Dan though) for you to be okay with anything?
Ps your obvious gripe with Dan is really weird girl.

Me and Dan were getting along perfectly ok before this poo poo. At least that's what I thought, and then he just flat out went at me for not bringing things up from four years ago that we aren't supposed to talk about and I was barely even involved with, certainly not like he was. So what about his gripe with me? Why didn't he loving bring it up instead of shouting at me over it?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

unless they somehow did it by accident, liking videos by jordan peterson is in fact enough grounds to judge someone.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

Oh my god I didn't say that they weren't bad, for christ.

My point always was in this instance that there's just not enough there to make an immediate snap judgement on this person, that is all.

Me and Dan were getting along perfectly ok before this poo poo. At least that's what I thought, and then he just flat out went at me for not bringing things up from four years ago that we aren't supposed to talk about and I was barely even involved with, certainly not like he was. So what about his gripe with me? Why didn't he loving bring it up instead of shouting at me over it?
I might be thinking of someone else but if not I recall you poking at him a couple of times. I might be wrong though and if so I'm sorry.
No matter what I still stand by him being justified in calling you out for not chastising Metokur about it while being super angry about people accusing folks of things in this thread. I mean you could at least acknowledge what the man said instead of going straight into defensive mode kind of like you are doing right know.

Let's get some content from one of those pesky creators I have tried to post with little to no response or love. Oliver Harper has a very soothing voice that will surely make us all the calm and happy nerds that we truly are inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIrw4IMglyw
Very in depht Darkman retrospective.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

I might be thinking of someone else but if not I recall you poking at him a couple of times. I might be wrong though and if so I'm sorry.
No matter what I still stand by him being justified in calling you out for not chastising Metokur about it while being super angry about people accusing folks of things in this thread. I mean you could at least acknowledge what the man said instead of going straight into defensive mode kind of like you are doing right know.

If I ever did poke at Dan, it was in jest. There may have been a couple of flares but nothing like this.

Isn't it a case of damned if I do, damned if I don't though? As you say, I have a rep of getting angry when folks get accused of things if I think it's not been justified. As a result of this, how can I then turn around and accuse people of any poo poo really? Even if it's Metokur? One way or another, I'd be had over a barrel :(

And yes, post more Oliver Harper because the guy is a very good dude indeed.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 21, 2018

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

actually no reasonable person will hassle you for bringing up the radical, pro-harassment views of internet videopersons if the accusations are true

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
For the record, Peterson is an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist. ‘Cultural Marxism’, the concept he keeps banging on about, is the idea that a small group of Jewish academics who fled the Holocaust managed to severely deform Western culture for the next few decades. Here’s the ex-leader of UKIP saying the quiet part loud.

He’s alt-right as gently caress.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

actually no reasonable person will hassle you for bringing up the radical, pro-harassment views of internet videopersons if the accusations are true

And if in one instance I don't deem that something I want to get involved in beyond stating the bare minimum, can that not just be respected?

Darth Walrus posted:

:gas;

For the record, Peterson is an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist. ‘Cultural Marxism’, the concept he keeps banging on about, is the idea that a small group of Jewish academics who fled the Holocaust managed to severely deform Western culture for the next few decades. Here’s the ex-leader of UKIP saying the quiet part loud.

He’s alt-right as gently caress.

Peterson is an rear end in a top hat. Unfortunately he's an rear end in a top hat who's managed to fill up his ranks with those who don't really linger on his rear end in a top hat side and see him as like, some almighty learned figure because he can debate good or whatever. He's good at public image.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 21, 2018

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

What does "respected" mean? That everyone shuts up about it and doesn't discuss the internet critic in the Internet Critic Discussion Thread?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

What does "respected" mean? That everyone shuts up about it and doesn't discuss the internet critic in the Internet Critic Discussion Thread?

No, it doesn't. It means to have the courtesy of not laying the gently caress into me for not wanting to get involved in talking about or not bringing up poo poo. Like, anyone's perfectly free to bring that poo poo up themselves, especially in his case.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kim Justice posted:

No, it doesn't. It means to have the courtesy of not laying the gently caress into me for not wanting to get involved in talking about or not bringing up poo poo. Like, anyone's perfectly free to bring that poo poo up themselves, especially in his case.

if you don't want to get involved, then uh, don't. if you don't care whether content creators are fans of monsters like sargon or peterson, then whatever, you do you i guess, but don't then get righteously indignant and combative when other people do care about it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Serf posted:

i fail to see how choosing to not watch someone's videos is attacking them

It’s extremely important that we not impinge the honor of neckbeards on the Internet, because the feelings of neckbeards are more important than neckbeards using YouTube as a platform to push reactionary garbage.

I am loling at “pointing out that ‘this person believes lovely things and hangs out with lovely people’” is now witch hunting. We aren’t doxxing them lol, it’s not our fault they make videos and tweets about being into neo-fascism.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

financially racist posted:

if you don't want to get involved, then uh, don't. if you don't care whether content creators are fans of monsters like sargon or peterson, then whatever, you do you i guess, but don't then get righteously indignant and combative when other people do care about it.

I was talking about the Metokur thing, clearly. Did you not see that in your eagerness to throw more hits on me?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

If I ever did poke at Dan, it was in jest. There may have been a couple of flares but nothing like this.

Isn't it a case of damned if I do, damned if I don't though? As you say, I have a rep of getting angry when folks get accused of things if I think it's not been justified. As a result of this, how can I then turn around and accuse people of any poo poo really? Even if it's Metokur? One way or another, I'd be had over a barrel :(

And yes, post more Oliver Harper because the guy is a very good dude indeed.

I get why you feel that way. I have to say that I've seen people being weirdly nasty to you for disagreeing with peoples character in here but (and I say this with a lot of kindness) I think it's gotten you to become instinctively, defensively aggressive whenever you want to argue someone with a differing opinion. Just like those people might instantly jump to "There Kim goes again defending some rear end in a top hat" you jump to "Here they go again just throwing around stuff about people to seem woke or get angry". You're kind of being dismissive of a lot of people. I do think that what you say in here can sometimes get blown way up but you are also a little bit aggressive in your delivery and don't give the same courtesy to others that i think you want yourself.

And yeah, Harper is a gem!
Here are some other harmless boys that haven't gotten noticed when I've posted them.
The guys behind Chad Vader have been reviewing movies. Here they are riffing on "A Star is Born"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DytGd9_D5_M
But wait! Oh no they can get political too! Here they are with their drunk board gaming series playing the Trump board game.
https://youtu.be/L2JBUCpQR9A

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kim Justice posted:

I was talking about the Metokur thing, clearly. Did you not see that in your eagerness to throw more hits on me?

it wasn't very clear to me, which may well be my own fault.

that said, i don't know why you think i just want to 'lay into you'. like i've said, i like your content, especially your peter molyneux retrospectives, and i don't just blindly poo poo on people who have made content i enjoy. i am just frustrated by your apparent lack of willingness to see that other people prefer knowing things like a content creator is a shithead or is a fan of shitheads.

maybe things are different for you in the uk, but the climate in the states right now is extremely dark, terrifying and alienating right now due to the alt-right spearheading the election of a reality show meme who enables white supremacists and sexists. i've had to watch as members of my campus' rape survivor support group react with terror, tears in their eyes, as the head of our education department has stripped away rights for rape victims. as middle eastern campus members have faced a resurgence of hate speech directed at them, sometimes from other students (who are invariably bisiness majors because of course they are). as immigrants live in daily fear of their families being deported. i loving care a whole goddamn lot about knowing if a content creator is cool with the kind of subhuman helldemons who make this poo poo a reality for people i see every day, and it seems like a lot of people in this thread care about it as well. the reason people 'lay into you' is because of your extremely defensive and often hostile reaction to people being called out for this sort of thing.

i highly doubt people just want to dogpile you in this thread; i sure don't. i know others here have rightly spoken highly of your videos and personally i appreciate creators who post in this thread because it's a far better way to communicate with them than white noise youtube comments sections. people just want you to see why they'd care about knowing if someone likes people like sargon or milo or whoever else, they want you to stop standing up for people who don't deserve it, or otherwise for you to stop getting involved with it. the case a while ago where you defended someone who had a false accusation of pedophilia thrown at him was fine, and if these were all cases like that you'd be justified. but in most every other case, it isn't misinformed accusations, it's statements of fact of how these people are.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dragonatrix posted:

I've tried watching some of Nyx's videos, but something about it just didn't click with me. Bit of a shame too, since I liked her very infrequent collaborations she's done with Nick.

Nyx isn't as in-depth a lot of the time, which makes her less fun to watch unless she's getting enthusiastic about "Listen, I just watched the most insane movie!" Also I like her skeleton character, but I'm a sucker for skeletons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
KJ you need to stop taking everything so personally and also take a look at your own posts to see why people react so strongly to them. You might think comments that push other people's buttons are only made in jest but not very one sees things the same way you do so getting bent out of shape over it just exacerbates the arguments.
I'm only mentioning this because the last two derails over reviewers that have lovely opinions have cropped up because of people I've mentioned, and I'd rather not bring up another person and lead to a third "Kim vs the world" derail.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I'm actually being dogpiled on all sides at the moment, I'm sorry. Things here isn't even half of it.

Genuinely sorry if I've been a oval office to anyone in this thread but I just want to stop this now

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

I imagine you'd get mad too if the person who accused you of being a pedophile, as a part of a harassment campaign against your entire professional circle, was being brought up as if he was a neutral party just making a "documentary" series about the very same professional circle that he had previously been harassing. It'd be like describing documentary on the civil rights movement and leaving out the fact that four years before compiling the documentary the director was an active klansman.

Puppy Time posted:

Nyx isn't as in-depth a lot of the time, which makes her less fun to watch unless she's getting enthusiastic about "Listen, I just watched the most insane movie!" Also I like her skeleton character, but I'm a sucker for skeletons.
I'd say Nyx is quite a bit better at getting to the heart of a given narrative and its messaging, but is definitely not going to give you an in depth plot summary. Like her Halloween review was all about how the film makes you feel, what it's about, and the aspects of film-making that facilitate it and not a blow by blow recounting. Which honestly I find much more useful.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

I'm actually being dogpiled on all sides at the moment, I'm sorry. Things here isn't even half of it.

Genuinely sorry if I've been a oval office to anyone in this thread but I just want to stop this now
I hope people see and respect this.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yo Kim I'ma share advice that's helped me:

If someone calls you out in a way that you don't think is fair, and it gets under your skin and you feel really upset about it, don't respond. Close the window, get away from the computer if you need to. Go do something that makes you feel better. If you're in a particularly bad place, just take a break from the thread for a while.

Nine times out of ten, this poo poo will just blow over, nobody will remember it later, and you will feel a lot better having not waded into another fruitless argument. We don't tend to remember the people who say something that someone disagrees with and then just sits on their hands. We remember the people who feel the need to Get Into It for multiple page arguments. (And after like a week you probably won't remember what the gently caress the callout was even about.)

Like yeah, if you're feeling attacked, you'll feel the instinct to respond. But in venues like this, it's actually much, much better to just let it go and let other people be wrong. Both for your rep and for your stress levels.

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'd say Nyx is quite a bit better at getting to the heart of a given narrative and its messaging, but is definitely not going to give you an in depth plot summary. Like her Halloween review was all about how the film makes you feel, what it's about, and the aspects of film-making that facilitate it and not a blow by blow recounting. Which honestly I find much more useful.

I was thinking more along the lines of video essays getting really into how a work fits in a certain context and so on. Which, on further thought, is probably not what everyone else considers "fun." The moral of the story is, don't post when you're just waking up. :v:

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Can we just get this thread gassed and give it a few days before restarting? This whole thing is going in circles.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

somekindofguy posted:

Can we just get this thread gassed and give it a few days before restarting? This whole thing is going in circles.

Please.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

somekindofguy posted:

give us death

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

somekindofguy posted:

That won’t magically solve the problem, the argument will start anew the first time someone is slightly critical of someone and KJ jumps in to defend their honor and asks for your iron clad legal case against them.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hmm, it's insane to dislike white supremacists, hmm yes

I think you misunderstood my point, I am not on KJs side here. I am mainly against the use of a Right Wing talking points she keeps using as a defense. Those are insane.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

somekindofguy posted:

Amen

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kim Justice posted:

I don't really post in this thread so I don't know who you are but you sound like an rear end in a top hat

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

For the record: ive followed Jobby for a while and he did actually used to bring up politics in his content once in a while (at one point he referred to Ian Miles Cheong as a great philosopher, which, uhhhhhhhhh) but he never actively voiced any ideology in his works and completely stopped mentioning politics at all in the last year, hence my point that while his tastes may not have changed, he's at least probably realized that its a bad look, which is a good sign to me at least since he's visibly uncomfortable about how many kids watch his stuff every time he remembers that, and probably realized that "peddling alt-right to actual children" was a line that, if crossed, end his channel one way or the other.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m ok with being unfair to nazis and people who give cover to nazis by being a little crypto about their antisemitic conspiracy theory framing. Peterson and most of the people who like him don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt, even if that means they get poo poo they might not entirely deserve.

By which I mean that they deserve everything they get by virtue of their character and behavior.

• Locked thread