Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

rumble in the bunghole posted:

It was due to some inter left fighting about the dsa that cost him some friends, he didn’t get whacked if you’re worried

Kind of wish there were some AV Club style plot summaries of internet drama, it’s always so fascinating to me, but hosed if I’m going to be so extremely online as to be able to track it myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I really liked the Felix Derek duocast, the rest of the gang wouldn't have really fit into spending an hour on the topic.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

that Wolff episode really is great

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

blue squares posted:

that Wolff episode really is great

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The one with Dad Menaker is real good and the cold open was legendary.
That said, I hope we can get off the Peterson kick soon - it's good content, but everything he says is such brain poison.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Thaddius the Large posted:

Kind of wish there were some AV Club style plot summaries of internet drama, it’s always so fascinating to me, but hosed if I’m going to be so extremely online as to be able to track it myself

It’s never that interesting unless you’re already involved in it imo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There is a DSA position to kick Liz Bruenig out for not being pro-choice. She is not in DSA.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Henchman of Santa posted:

There is a DSA position to kick Liz Bruenig out for not being pro-choice. She is not in DSA.
Yeah it was dumb, from the people I know that dislike her, it's more how chummy National is with her instead of focusing on doing more work in reproductive justice

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

this kind of bullshit is why we will all die poor and functionally enslaved

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TetsuoTW posted:

this kind of bullshit is why we will all die poor and functionally enslaved

What if. . . the capitalism was inside us all along?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
What if capitalism is the friend we made along the way?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Abortion should be legal at least until the twelfth trimester.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

What if capitalism is the friend we made with our labor to be exploited by the capital class along the way?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/976304201977405440

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DSA supported an Anti-choice candidate, I'm going to focus my efforts on supporting Jesuits and Franciscans and 13 other Catholic organizations instead.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
donald is a really good troll but at the end of the day he's still caping for a child molestation network that should be burned to the ground and seeded with salt

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
But enough about the DSA.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah it was dumb, from the people I know that dislike her, it's more how chummy National is with her instead of focusing on doing more work in reproductive justice

Which is why Tim Faust and the Delete Your Account crew are also on said group asking for pro-life leftists to buzz off, which explains why there's no Chapo so far calling the recent moves as brain damaged or hysterical or extremelly online.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 21, 2018

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

DSA supported an Anti-choice candidate

They did?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Kunster posted:

Which is why Tim Faust and the Delete Your Account crew are also on said group asking for pro-life leftists to buzz off, which explains why there's no Chapo so far calling the recent moves as brain damaged or hysterical or extremelly online.
Really this thread sums up my thoughts on the issue
https://twitter.com/Budusheie/status/976411792506343424

Serf
May 5, 2011

is bruenig an anti-choice activist? afaik her opposition to abortion is a personal choice and she has not advocated for it being restricted

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Serf posted:

is bruenig an anti-choice activist? afaik her opposition to abortion is a personal choice and she has not advocated for it being restricted

She’s not but that doesn’t matter to anyone involved

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Goon buddies can I join the dsa if I had a first communion but no confirmation???

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah, one can be ok with her as a person, but it gets complicated when she goes to, fo example, Vice and gets profiled as this figure that shows how one can compromise on these matters as part of the left. (And gets kind of hosed up after the Tennessee ruling)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/chessrockwell_/status/976462401892528128?s=19

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I dunno, having a problem with a person who is pro-choice but would not personally have an abortion is akin to to having a problem with a person who is for gay rights but wouldn't personally gently caress a person of the same sex in this situation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

she in fact is explicitly pro-choice when it comes to law, her anti abortion views are entirely on a personal level.

I think she sometimes shares some 'choose life' kinda memes/articles, nothing insane but just generic 'boy we're happy we were born hint hint wink wink' stuff or 'I'm glad I kept my disabled baby' stuff, but I can't remember her taking any actual policy stance beyond 'safe, legal, accessible'.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

I dunno, having a problem with a person who is pro-choice but would not personally have an abortion is akin to to having a problem with a person who is for gay rights but wouldn't personally gently caress a person of the same sex in this situation.

Anybody who wouldn't do gay sex for the collective good is no comrade of mine.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

she's so regular

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Things holding back leftism
1. Podcasts
2. Liz Bruenig

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

she in fact is explicitly pro-choice when it comes to law, her anti abortion views are entirely on a personal level.

I think she sometimes shares some 'choose life' kinda memes/articles, nothing insane but just generic 'boy we're happy we were born hint hint wink wink' stuff or 'I'm glad I kept my disabled baby' stuff, but I can't remember her taking any actual policy stance beyond 'safe, legal, accessible'.
I think what makes people leery is that there are absolutely Catholics who present themselves as leftists, but will also narc for pro-life groups.

Also :lol: at this poo poo
https://twitter.com/ayacharlatan/status/976224696055353346

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I think what makes people leery is that there are absolutely Catholics who present themselves as leftists, but will also narc for pro-life groups.

Also :lol: at this poo poo
https://twitter.com/ayacharlatan/status/976224696055353346

sorry but that's cool

edit: i'm the replies saying "she's not even HIDING her fascist believes now!!!"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
edit: unecessary post

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 22, 2018

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm having trouble seeing what the problem is here, do I need brain worms to figure it out

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

cat doter posted:

I'm having trouble seeing what the problem is here, do I need brain worms to figure it out

Moralism is a disease.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mao starts to make a lot more sense when you realize these are the kind of people he meant by "intellectuals"

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
metaphors are illegal now on twitter

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'totally normal for lefitsts to talk about 'degeneracy'!!!'

Like...yea? It is? Do these people even...no I already know the answer is no

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

It did happen in Brazil and on a few other South American countries, argued more or less in the same "oh, normal people won't be with you if you support abortion" way some of the defense is being done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
I don't have a source but allegedly she has provided material support to antiabortion orgs (other than the church) and specifically "Crisis Pregnancy Centers" aka bait and switch clinics where they tell you a bunch of lies to convince you to keep your rape fetus