Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The main event of the Stardom Shinkiba show was good. More of the same if you liked the Passion of the Tam match from last month. The post match stuff was entertaining and this explosion death match is bizarre. What was up with the toy truck Kagetsu released into the ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kagetsu gotta keep that tomboy as gently caress aesthetic going

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tokyojyoshipro/status/976321923343790080?s=20

We're getting a Su Yung/Maho Kurone tag team

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Had hoped Xia would be better out of the box given her father is and knocking about his school in England. But she's a tad robotic. But she extremely young and she will be a STARDOM regular so I hope she can eventually figure things out.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
She's not THAT young by UK standards. I think she's 18 and has been wrestling for 3 years, while girls like Millie McKenzie and Candyfloss are 17 and have been wrestling for about half the time and are considerably better. Doesn't mean she can't become good, people develop at different times.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

The main event of the Stardom Shinkiba show was good. More of the same if you liked the Passion of the Tam match from last month. The post match stuff was entertaining and this explosion death match is bizarre. What was up with the toy truck Kagetsu released into the ring?

I don't even know if the explosion death match thing will even happen (as advertised). Io apparently isn't very happy about being involved in it (legitimately, not kayfabe). From what I've heard she's not very happy with how STARDOM is moving in general. She brought it up on her blog where she doesn't post in character the vast majority of the time and she expressed her frustrations with the matchup. And from a kayfabe perspective, it makes no sense either. Io has zero reason to help Tam, especially considering she (Tam) turned down a request to join Queen's Quest. And in STARDOM canon, that's a great way to be put on Io's shitlist.

As for the creative direction STARDOM is going in, I can sort of understand Io's frustrations there. While it's not exactly blatant, I imagine she's not thrilled about the WOH partnership continuing. The WOH people get brought in and booked to go over the main people on the roster on a constant basis, and I can imagine that would piss off a few people/fans of the local talent (especially since the vast majority of the WOH roster is really loving dire, not to mention the fact that ROH treats the WOH division like an afterthought, and they treat STARDOM like garbage). I mean in the case of Io, you don't really need to look far or hard to start to see her frustrations starting to surface. She's started taking outside bookings from other companies in Japan. She has that Sendai Girls show in April she is going to be a part of. This is the first time Io's taken an outside booking in a very long time, so I think she may start shifting to a more freelancer based role. It doesn't help that STARDOM has publicly stated that they are going to continue the WOH partnership because they feel it gives them more exposure, even though it makes their company look like poo poo in the process.

I think at the end of the day, STARDOM is probably going to end up in pretty big trouble if Io does get her wish and gets picked up by WWE (while its still way too early to tell, I'm pretty sure Daniel Bryan getting cleared will probably light a fire under her to keep trying to get in/medically cleared). While Mayu and Kagetsu will still be around, they don't move nearly as much merchandise as Io does, and the majority of STARDOM's revenue most likely comes from that and ticket sales. And those two won't be able to carry the company on their backs. And Hana is most likely going to end up on WWE's radar within a year or two as well due to her looks and charisma.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 21, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Session Moth will save Stardom.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Session Moth will save Stardom.

If there's a gimmick more suited to NXT, I can't think of one. She's gonna end up in WWE in like a year.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

If there's a gimmick more suited to NXT, I can't think of one. She's gonna end up in WWE in like a year.

you cant grind on people for bants in nxt

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

There are no laws in Orlando, it is a sovereign nation

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She'll be the Street Profits' token white friend.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a PSA: Stardom revealed that they have two/three new trainees that may be debuting this Spring.

https://twitter.com/take_stardom/status/976496196393910273

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 22, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Io/HZK vs. Apache Sisters match from the most recent show was really good. I enjoyed the story of Io wanting to show Fabi how much she's improved.

The Tokyo Joshi Pro also had a fun match with Yuka Sakazaki vs. Hyper Misao that went to a countout draw (they had a 30 second countout for some reason, is that normal for DDT or something?) which got restarted as one count sudden death match that had a lot of quick pinfall counters to try and score the one count fall. Has that been done before? It's a pretty cool way of doing a quick exciting match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Io ended up accepting the exploding bat deathmatch, because Kagetsu said if she accepted, that Kagetsu would face Io in a straight up strong style pro wrestling match, no tricks or anything at a future date, provided the white belt is on the line.

Also tonight was Kris Wolf's last STARDOM show. They pretty much unceremoniously dumped her. She got to say her goodbyes and lost a single match and that's it. The STARDOM twitter account heavily inferred it was her last ever match for STARDOM as well. And it came across that way during her AMA as well, where she heavily inferred that she was done with STARDOM.

Hey Rovert, do you have any idea if WWE is looking at picking up Kris Wolf? Reason I ask is because people are noticing she has no independent dates in May, and the next PC class reports then as well. And she also brought up during her AMA that she had turned down an invite to the Mae Young Classic at the time (and said she wasn't joining WWE around that time, even for the MYC), but now says "Maybe, we'll see!" when asked if she is joining WWE NXT after leaving STARDOM.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 25, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No clue to be honest.

A lot of her friends wanted her to apply for the Mae Young Classic but she spaced out on pursuing it further.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

From Sonny, Stardom's English pr guy:

quote:

Kris will go on to some cool things in life whether it is in wrestling or elsewhere. She is that type of person that will succeed. Her "farewell" was about as good as you could give with a days notice that she will be there.

At least she had a prime surprise entry spot in the match and mic time to address the Stardom fans.

And for the record, if Kris had been available the past few months, she would have been wrestling on the shows. We didn't let her go. She told us she was moving on. It's her own crossroad and path to choose where she will go and what she will do in life next.

I can't imagine Kris going to WWE. She's smaller and older than what WWE generally takes, and if she does, I have to expect her to get jobbed for a bit and dropped like they did to Abbey/Kimber.

In unrelated Future of Stardom news, Shiki Shibusawa defeated AZM to advance to the finals. I'm... very confused.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tea leaves says she's retiring and gonna do something else. From what I understand, Kris Wolf has a hell of an autobiography to write.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/OedoTaiGifs/status/978260253727973376

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

From reading the past couple of posts, I'm guessing Kris' relationship with Stardom wasn't amicable?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

From reading the past couple of posts, I'm guessing Kris' relationship with Stardom wasn't amicable?

Stardom's PR guy said the following:

quote:

Kris will go on to some cool things in life whether it is in wrestling or elsewhere. She is that type of person that will succeed. Her "farewell" was about as good as you could give with a days notice that she will be there.

At least she had a prime surprise entry spot in the match and mic time to address the Stardom fans.

And for the record, if Kris had been available the past few months, she would have been wrestling on the shows. We didn't let her go. She told us she was moving on. It's her own crossroad and path to choose where she will go and what she will do in life next.

He also mentioned that he hopes Kairi returns to STARDOM someday. While I wouldn't rule it out, once she moves to the main roster she's probably going to be making way more money than she did in STARDOM, and seems to be incredibly well liked backstage and at the performance center. It helps that she takes her time in WWE very seriously, considering how much she's bulked up compared to when she first joined, along with following a much more rigid dieting pattern.

As it stands right now, STARDOM is starting to lose some of their native talent, or the possibility is very much there. They lost Kairi last year, lost Kris this year, I'm not ruling out Io Shirai leaving for WWE if they decide to offer her another contract, Hana is a freelancer, etc. And one of the big reasons I imagine has to do with the WOH/ROH partnership. Stardom claims its increased their number of subscribers, but I can't imagine the native talent being happy about having to put over the WOH roster which is full of really lovely workers, ring wise. I mean you have Brandi Rhodes who will be competing in the Cinderella Tournament (which in itself isnt a big deal), but it raises red flags of Rossy trying to hitch his wagon to The Elite/Bullet Club or whatever faction will be around at the time.

I fully expect Mayu to lose in the WOH tournament over NOLA weekend. The only upside for her is that I want to say that WWE talent scouts will probably be watching that match closely.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 27, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

seriously, I don't mind the WOH talent coming over for tours, but quit putting them over established stars on the first night. Make them earn that poo poo.

And Stardom's english PR guy is a dweeb, I thought he was replaced?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

coconono posted:

seriously, I don't mind the WOH talent coming over for tours, but quit putting them over established stars on the first night. Make them earn that poo poo.

And Stardom's english PR guy is a dweeb, I thought he was replaced?

The doofus was replaced last year, this guy is a different guy who doesn't suck.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the new guy is literally Rossy's right hand man/second in command, Sonny.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
He is kind of a doofus too but less than the last guy. They've only made Sonny delete his reddit account once so far

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lots of STARDOM stuff coming out of last night's first Dream Slam show. The most notable things are the SWA title Viper is the new SWA champ, the Future of STARDOM champion was crowned (Starlight Kid, who will defend it in a few days against AZM), and there will be a Stardom Draft on April 15th. Each of the big three faction leaders (Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani, and Kagetsu) will be able to draft talent from other factions and a pool into their own factions.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 28, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV posted:

there will be a Stardom Draft on April 15th. Each of the big three faction leaders (Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani, and Kagetsu) will be able to draft talent from other factions and a pool into their own factions.

That's... really weird?

One thing I've never understood is how that kind of thing works in kayfabe. Wouldn't you just get chaos and in-fighting like there was with Hana/Tam and Natsu?

I mean, it's wrestling, it doesn't really matter, but it's just a weird way to go about it instead of just having HZK try to usurp Io and going rogue or something.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kagetsu should just draft Tam back for shits and giggles

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I can't wait for Hana and Tam to end up in Team Jungle somehow.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/wolfinjapan/status/979708661856657409 breaking boxes all over the world starting today

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Dream Slam Osaka's main event was really good! Some audience dude got shoot mad at Hana Kimura for crowd brawling right next to me and she just made faces at him.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The new white belt design is...a thing. Its actually white I guess but still not my favorite design.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/979938781078802432?s=19

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

The new white belt design is...a thing. Its actually white I guess but still not my favorite design.

It looks like a template that never got the colors filled in.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Io Shirai appeared and wrestled on "Wrestling Mechaike/Mechaike Wrestling", a mainstream (Japanese) wrestling promotion that has idols/celebrities wrestling against actual pro wrestlers/joshi. It was a big enough deal that she became a trending topic for a decent chunk of time (at least in Japan), and as a result she's gotten a lot more mainstream exposure (and her twitter account is starting to skyrocket in terms of followers [she went from 33k to 40k very quickly]. I'm happy for her. :)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

some gilding along the edges and it'd be fab. Otherwise looks fine, if a bit plain.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Reika Saiki and Ladybeard switching up the gimmick

https://twitter.com/Ladybeard_Japan/status/980251430337503232?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jfc that youtube link :gonk: Ladybeard botches a moonsault during a concert, cracks his dome on the stage and insanity ensues.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

io looks very upset about having to do this base deathmatch stuff

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
World of Stardom title update: Toni Storm retained against Mayu, so get ready for another three months of time limit draws.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Deathmatch is up on Stardom World btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stall_19 posted:

Deathmatch is up on Stardom World btw.

rating: fun, would highly recommend to people who like watching tiny women do violence and explode.

some dead spots but the explosions are visceral and LOUD. Was very surprised by the action, namely who took the explosions.

btw they don't explain the explosion rules at all in english but the match's actions get you up to speed pretty quick. you gotta hit the button and do it before the buzzer ends. Otherwise its just a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.